Trying it again

Alex Cullen

Wand
Rowan Wood 12"1/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
Alex was very very relaxed in the school at the moment. Too relaxed though, 'specially for Alex. Practically everyone was out in town and noone was in school. Giving up with his protest he had made himself, he had gotten dressed and walked down to the town. He regretted his choice though. Yet again, he found himself getting trampled on and shoved about.
Alex rolled his eyes at his stupidity of coming down here again and took a seat against the wall, watching the world pass by as he threw pebbles about in his hands.

Ginny knew she was coming back to school this year. It was practically scaring her but she knew that she couldn't stay at home now that her dad was getting a new job. They just wouldn't be able to afford home-tutoring anymore. Ginny had agreed to going to town here to get used to the wizardy feel to everything again. Wandering about with no money though, was a little boring and there wasn't exactly room to have a soccer game or something like that. She was just standing helping an old lady pick some things up which she had dropped when she saw a boy her age across the street. She smiled and made sure the old lady was ok before she walked over to the boy.
Looking down, she could guess he was bored like her. 'Hi'she said, leaning her head to the side a bit and giving him a warm look though not quite a smile.

Alex heard someone say Hi but he reckonned it must of been someone down the road. He saw the person in front of him wasn't moving though and he looked up. A girl he hadn't seen before was stood there. If I had seen her before I think I would of remembered, he thought to himself. Alex was probably staring but it failed to meet his notice as he took her in. Finally finding his voice, Alex replied with a hi. 'Umm, would you like to join me?'he asked her, hoping she would.

Ginny waited for a response from the boy. She tried to remember if she had seen him before. She knew that she had changed alot from what she used to look like before but then, she was guessing her friends had as well.She wished she could of said goodbye to them. She remembered staring out the window and drifting to sleep almost but then she couldn't remember anything after that. She had woken up to find bandages wrapping her wrists and hand as well as her stomach in hospital. Her thoughts drifted before she heard the boy's reply. 'Course, why would I have made the effort to say Hi unless I wanted company,'Ginny said as she sat beside him. 'So what brings you to this awful place?'she asked him, wondering what year he was in.

Alex took in her point, feeling very stupid now. He tried to keep his eyes on the street but he found himself looking back at the girl all the time. 'I really don't know. I guess I thought there'd be something to do here, you know, since the school was practically empty but guess I was wrong' Alex answered, wondering why he had never seen her before. After all, she had to be roughly the same age as he was.

Ginny laughed at his answer. She hadn't laughed for the whole week she had been here and it was good to finally do so. She shifted a bit so her body was half turned to him and half to the street. 'Sounds good enough. I always used to find the school was pretty empty too, except for the trouble makers. Detentions are always held then aren't they? Still, I suppose it's something for you to do'Ginny said cheerfully to the boy.Something suddenly dawned on her. She looked shocked. 'I'm sorry. How rude of me' She said , almost slapping herself. 'I'm Ginny'she said giving him a small smile. She held her right hand out to him for a shake. She noticed the whitish line across her palm and cringed inside. She knew he wouldn't notice this. It was only if you sat and looked at her hand closely would you but Ginny knew it was there all the same.

Alex listened as she laughed. She has a nice laugh, he thought smiling to the side. Troublemakers? Crap, she must think I'm one now. She's never gonna like me now. He was about to reply when she suddenly looked shock. Alex quickly perked up, thinking something was wrong only to find she was annoyed at herself for not introducing herself. Well, she's certaintly not me, Alex thought to himself as he looked back at the times where he had introduced himself before someone else. Not many. Alex was about to do his standard introduction but stopped himself. He didn't want to look like an idiot, 'specially in front of her. 'Alex,'he said taking her hand and shaking it. He smiled back at her, noticing how nicer she looked when she smiled. 'That's a nice name you have' he thought, fixing it to his mind.

Ginny let him shake her hand, finding it weird. It was herself who ussually did the shaking but this boy had done the honours. Talk bout changes, she thought to herself amused. Alex, right. That's easy enough to remember. She blushed slightly as he complemented her name. 'Eh, thanks. Your the first one that's said that too me'she said a bit shyly. She tucked bit of her brown hair behind her ear as it fell down from the wind blowing it. 'So what year are you in at school? I'm sure I never saw you around before? Your a transfer right?'she fired at him before stopping herself.

Alex smiled, feeling awkward as she told him he was the first one that said that. Great, now she thinks I'm a moron. he thought to himself before hearing her firing questions at him. 'Umm, I'm in 5th year and yeah, I transfered from Scotland last year'Alex said guessing that Ginny was a Ravenclaw or something. She managed to work it out a lot faster than other people had. 'What about you then?'

Ginny nodded, thinking. 5th year, she thought amazed. She was sort of expecting that but she still hadn't got used to it still . When she was in third year with Kasey and Jessy, they used to talk about how when they got to fifth year, they all have boyfreinds who were so cute and be the popular people for once but of course, Ginny knew now that that would never happen. Who would go for someone like her of course. Boys just didn't like someone who could match up to them, did they? ginny snapped back to reality quickly, forgetting she was in company. 'Oh, I don't actually go to school now but Scotland. Wow. What's it like there?'she asked bringing the conversation away from her. Even though Ginny sometimes blabbed a bit, she hated people knowing a lot about her, even simple things sometimes like what was her favourtie colour.

Alex watched as Ginny seemed to just zone out. Alex just took the opportunity to stare at her, not wanting to interrupt any thoughts in her head. When she snapped back, he was about to comment on why she didn't go to school when she asked about Scotland. 'Wait a minute. You just said you don't go to school. How did you know I was a transfer then?'he asked confused. 'And Scotland was cold. It's a bit like except less tropical and more people than sheep'he said, joking towards the end about the sheep business.

Ginny had hoped he hadn't picked it out on what she said but obviously he did. This intrigued her slightly. It wasn't normal that people picked things out of what she said. She gave him a look over, now curious about him. 'I umm.'she started saying not sure how to say this. 'I used to go but I had a few problems in my third year and left the school a while, all for the better you know and now I'm coming back this year. It's all complicated stuff, and I'm really sure you're interested in my life story' Ginny said, sarcastically during the end. Not in a mean way though but just in way so that the subject was now closed. 'Scotland sounds nice. It's always too warm here'She said pretending to fan herself jokingly. 'So Alex. What subjects did you take then?'She asked , her hands now resting on her crossed legs.

Alex heard Ginny but knew that he shouldn't pry anymore, no matter how interested he was. He laughed as she pretended to fan herself. 'I know'he commented before smiling. 'Well, I just took CoMC. I mean it would be too much work overload if I took more'He said, joking a bit on the end.

Ginny smiled before hearing he only took CoMC. Wow, how much did this boy have in common with her?she thought to herself. 'Me too. I did think about Arthimancy but well, that would just be pushing it a bit'Ginny said, relaxed. She hadn't spoken like this with a stranger before and it was weird to her. This boy just seemed to have an effect on her.

Alex smiled as he heard her say she took that as well. 'My brother did that. He said it was great fun,'Alex said before realizing she probably didn't care. 'So what kind of weather do you like then, seeing as warm like this is terrible?'he asked, joking a bit.

Ginny pretended to look sad. 'Was it? Damn,'she joked before looking normal again. 'Weather? Hmm, well must say I like it when it pours loads but probably thunder and lightning storms. It just seems to drown out anything audible. It's nice.'she answered truthfully, wondering why it never seemed to rain alot here. It was only a bit of cooler weather she wanted. It wasn't her fault she had a cooler body temperature than everyone else. Trying to think of a random question in return she smirked to herself. 'How do you prefer your eggs?'she asked him, not even knowing why she had asked that.

Alex lsitened to how she like the weather. He liked the way she had put drown out in the thunder storm. Even thoughts he thought to himself, smiling at the comody of that. He almsot burst out laughing at the next question she asked him. 'My eggs?'he asked himself still finding it funny. 'Umm, in a roll sunny side down'he answered, thinking about the breakfast he had today. Exactly that. Guess I do like them like that after all. Random questions, i guess we're doing. 'Which hand do you use to write with?'he asked.

Ginny laughed. 'Really? I don't even like eggs' she said rolling her eyes. He was good at the questions anyway. 'My left but I can write with both if I want'she said, from experience. 'Umm, umm, question.'she thought aloud before getting one. 'What savanah animal do you think you are?'she asked him.

Alex forgot how to speak a second time when Ginny laughed again.It was just so addictive. Remembering finally, he puzzled out what she was saying. How does she manage to write with her left hand, Alex thought, not knowing a left-handed person before or he hadn't notice anybody write with their left before. Savanah animal? I have no idea what savanah is in the first place. Well, a giraffe is in hot places isn't it? 'A giraffe probably, or zebra. Actually yeah, probably a zebra, or maybe a chettah. I'm not sure'Alex said chuckling at his undecided answer. 'Come on then, lets see what you would be?'Alex asked, when she gave him a look.

Ginny raised an eyebrow at his undecided answer he was given. She rolled her eyes when he gave her the same question. 'I would be a hippo'Ginny said before sticking her tongue out him in a sense of I got the answer you didn't sort of thing. Ginny gave a smile. 'So, how big do you think you're head is?'she asked him, hinting a bit that she was teasing him jokingly. She placed her hand on the floor behind her and leaned against it, hoping her pale skin would tan.

Alex rolled his eyes at her response to him asking her the same question. girls, he thought amused. he watched as she stuck her tongue out at him . Alex gave her a shooked look before hearing her next question. 'What?'he replied surprised. He had only just met her, and she was thinking that. Surely he didn't act that big headed. Alex looked at relaxed and figured she was teasing him. Pushing her on her shoulder in a friendly way he smiled. 'That was not funny'he stated.

Ginny put an innocent look on her face as Alex seemed genuinely shocked by her joke. She angled her head ever so slightly looking at him before he pushed her shoulder that she had been leaning on. Ginny's elbow buckled underneath her and she landed on it, scraping it against the floor. Ginny grit her teeth as she got up, hiding her elbow from his viewing at the minute. 'Was too'she said cheerfully as she pushed him back smiling. She went back to lean on her elbow when the pain that ran through her arm reminded her of the scrap. 'Ahh'Ginny said, barely audible as she turned her arm round so she could see the underside of it. There, right along the whole forearm was several deep scrapes visible by her vibrant red blood. 'Ow'Ginny exclaimed not having thought that there had been glass on the floor behind her. Picking out a stone, she smiled at him. 'Where were we? Oh yeah. So, why hand do you use to reach the shampoo when your in the shower?'she asked, shocked by her own question. Did I just ask that she thought to herself.

Alex looked, horrified by what his push did. He hadn't expected her to fall down. Alex was about to help her up when she got up herself and pushed him back. She did have strength and it didn't seem to affect her so Alex relaxed a bit but his heart didn't quite agree with his mind. His smiled whiped away though as she examined her arm. Oh my god, what did I do? Look how bad they are. 'Umm,'Alex said unable to think at the moment. He just looked at her face then back at her arm then back at her face. Even her jumper was ruined and she didn't seem to care. 'C'mon, let's get that sorted. I'm sure the shop owner won't mind if we borrow their toilets for a minute,'he said, making sure she'd get it cleaned up one way or another. Standing himself up, he held his hand out for her before smiling. 'And it's the right one'he said in answer to her question.

Ginny waited for his answer but he just seemed to be staring at her arm a lot. 'Oh please don't tell me your one of the people who faint at blood'she joked but he seemed decided on what he was doing. 'What? Oh no, I'm not gonna trouble you or the shop owner. Just sit back down and stop being an idiot. It doesn't even hurt badly'Ginny said in an annoyed tone, though she was lying through her teeth. It was something she was used to doing a lot of in her life so she had become quite an expert. In truth, the pain was quite bad. Ginny had gotten used to becoming more and more careful and when pain did hit her, she just wasn't used to it as before. She put a mask of impatience on her face though inside of her, she had a warming feeling. Noone except her family had cared much for her health when she got cut before.

'No, I'm not being an idiot. Your not even troubling me.'Alex told her gently, not just gonna let her sit there in pain. He knew she'd probably hate him for this but Alex had changed over the years and he made sure he finished every thing he started, unless it was homework. ;) 'Please'he whispered to himself as he waited smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back