OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
10 inch knotted rigid Ash with a Hippogryff feather core
Amaya was nervous, even if it didnt logically make any sense. She hadn't spoken as much to Kace since their dance lessons had ended, and she missed him more than she wanted to admit. So him wanting to meet her at the lake had her a little on edge. Any time she thought she was getting over him he would smile and she was lost again. She sighed, her toes dangling in the water and her hair pulled up into a messy bun. She had her notebook away, only a few chapters away from the ending to her book. It was getting intense, and it was a good distraction. She got lost in her work, not paying attention to her surroundings.

Kace was back to his old, optimistic self these days. He was still getting to know his twin brother more, but they were getting along just fine. It's like two separate souls that made their way back to each other, someway, somehow. Kace is not sure if he believes in fate or destiny, life just had a funny way of working themselves out. Things with his dad was still a working progress, Jenny has been their glue that's kept them at least civil with each other. Kace still hasn't met his mom yet, that probably won't happen for a while. In the meantime, Kace jumped down the stairs heading for the warm outdoors. There was someone else he hasn't spoken to in a while, he exited the castle's entrance spotting Amaya right away. Kace bounced, flipped and ran eventually stopping beside the Slytherin. "Aye, Amaya, what's going on," Kace grins, sitting right down next to her.

Amaya was on fire right now. She felt someone sit next to her, but she was lost in her writing. She held up a finger, signaling them to wait a moment, curling up intently over her notebook as her pen flew across the page. She bit her lip, not noticing as a bit of hair slipped from her ponytail and fell into her eyes a bit. She carried on this way for a few moments, occasionally mouthing the words as she wrote them, before abruptly stopping. She froze, and after a second started tapping her pen quickly against the paper, chewing her lip as she thought. "What would fit," She breathed, tapping her pen quicker. "Peril, risk, danger," She breathed, closing her eyes and rubbing her forehead.

"Huh? What, what fits?" Kace hover closely, watching the girl write in her notebook. She was fast with the pen, Kace is impressed that anyone can write so quickly about something they're making up on the spot. "Hello, Amaya? Aye, earth to Amaya!" Kace tries to get her attention. He snaps his fingers quite a few time near her face, not in front of her face. That would be a jerk move. "Okay, I'll let you write. Just tell me when you're ready," Kace lounge back on his elbows. He breathes in and out slowly, relaxing as the sun rays warm his skin.

Amaya spent several moments searching for the words she wanted, sighing in frustration as the muse she'd been working with slowly slipped away from her. She knew she had lost the battle for now, but on the bright side, she had managed to get in half a chapter. She sighed, snapping her notebook shut decisively before flopping onto her back and rubbing her hands over her face. She stretched, looking towards the school, and startled as she saw Kace next to her. She blushed and tried to keep her cool. "Hi," She greeted softly.

"Sup?" Kace laughs, weirdly amused it took this long for the girl to realize he was there. "Does that happens all the time? You space out when you're in writer mode?" Kace would ask, "And refresh my memory what your book is about? I feel like you're working on so many or the others just books that you like to read?" He finds that it's hard to follow as the Slytherin was always with a book or something she was working on. Kace pulled himself up, leaning forward with his legs crossed underneath him. "Besides the books, how you've been?"

Amaya smiled at Kace, trying not to be super obvious how happy she was to see him. "Yeah, yeah, I tend to get pretty lost in my work. Sorry about that," She apologized, giving him a small smile. She laughed at his question. "Well, there have been a few projects, but this one is the hybrid that ran away from her coven," She reminded him, stretching out and curling her bare toes in the clay. It was always a pleasant feeling digging her toes into the dirt. She stretched her arms over her head, relaxing.

She smiled up at him, sitting up herself with her arms behind her for support. "It's been okay I guess, just working on this. Jasper's been trying to get the attention of this older Ravenclaw," She shrugged, looking off. "That's been fun, he's usually so serious. Guess it's just a Ravenclaw thing," She shook her head to clear it. Nah, she was going to play cool today. Just because older Ravenclaw girls were a thing for the people in her life didn't mean she was going to let it get to her. Not today.

She looked back to him, giving him a shy smile. "How about you? Things going good with Baron?"

Kace waves that off, "It's okay. I get that feeling, it's like me with dancing. When I'm in my zone it's hard to snap me out of it," Kace understood pretty well that feeling of just going and not hearing those around you. Though, it's rare with him since he like a muggle pup sometimes, sometimes he notice everything. Even while dancing, distractions can be a pain in the a*s. "Oh cool, is it a hybrid coven? Why did she ran away?"

"Jasper? The one that was giving me advice about getting to you?"
Kace cracked, shooting his head back laughing. Oh that's funny, that's hilarious. The way he talks made Kace assumed he knew a lot about getting girls, or talking to girls. Maybe he was confused about the boy, but oh how that switched around on him.

"I've been good, me and Baron are good. He really stuck on that chick, I don't like her. She doesn't like me,"
Kace shrugs. He was fine with that. "I don't care as long as she doesn't start trouble between us, I keep my distant."

Amaya smiled, glad he wasnt too upset with her. That would have sucked. "No, silly, the coven are vampires. She and her sister are hybrids. She runs away because shes being controlled and she doesnt like feeling trapped." She shrugged.

She straightened as he asked about Jasper. "He did what?" She ran a hand over her face, blushing furiously. "Remind me to kill my brother," she muttered darkly.

Amaya chuckled. "Yeah, Jenna right? We're roommates you know. Its still weird seeing him in the common room." She would much rather trade twins. Or trade houses with Jasper. Ah well, nothing to be done about it. She wasnt going to admit she got jealous of Jenna and Barons relationship. Not really that it was them, but that it just constantly reminded her she what she wanted and didnt have. She chuckled, trying to get her mind off of her issues. "Eh, you and Baron are tight. Jenna wont change that."

Kace listens, "Hybrids? Like, they're mixed with something? That's cool, but, how did they end up in the vampire coven? What's their story?" The Gryffindor asks, becoming more intrigue. There was just so many ways Amaya can run with the plot, Kace is curious how she'll go about it.

"Why would I do that?" Kace grins, nudging Amaya playfully. "He had to be mistaken anyways, you're not into guys like me right?" Kace tease the dirty blonde. Everything else fell on deaf ears. The Gryffindor didn't care much to talk about his brother and his girlfriend. They didn't have his attention at the moment. "You're probably into blondes, tall mysterious looking guys, right? Like in novels that you read? Those guys?"

Amaya chuckled at his question. "Now that is something you would have to read to find out," She teased him. She rolled her eyes, blushing and looking away as he asked what kind of guys she liked. "Nah, blondes aren't really my thing." She shrugged. "Blondes aren't in favor anywhere, these days." She sighed dramatically. "It's all about these dark-haired beauties anymore. I can see the appeal, of course, I prefer the darker hair myself. Doesn't leave much attention for us blondes though," She pouted a moment before flashing him a smile.

She stood, grabbing a few rocks and starting to skip them. "You know what sucks about being back at school? The lack of music," She complained to him. "I can have songs stuck in my head for months and unless I know the lyrics by heart I'm sunk," She joked, humming lightly to herself and trying not to sway to the music in her head as she skipped another rock.

Kace nods, "Okay, I will. When you get it publish I call dibs on the first copy," Kace says with a grin. He serious, he was going to get the first copy. He wanted to contribute anyway he can if it meant bringing the girl some success. He is a strong believer if you do what you love then some form of success follows. It worked with his dad with quidditch, and the radio station gig with Jenny too. Why not him, why not Amaya?

Kace listens to Amaya go on about someone that may describe him. Or someone else, it just conveniently sounded like him. The boy was flattered, then laughs when she switch subject on him. "Come on, you can't do that. You can't hint at something here and then change the topic like that," Kace nudge the Slytherin playfully. "That ain't cool, you have tell me what's really good. You feel me?"

Amaya smiled. "I'll keep that in mind." She would have to finish it soon then. Maybe she could wrap it up over break? The editing would take a bit, but she wasn't even sure if it was good enough to be published. But if it was she would make sure to get Kace the first copy. She tried to keep her smile- and her blush- at bay when Kace told her she couldn't hint at things. "Sure I can," She murmured, skipping another rock. "Maybe," She chose her words carefully, though she tried to sound light-hearted. "But where's the fun in telling you?" She flashed him an impish smile. "I was born on Valentine's day. It certainly does make a girl believe in romance and chivalry." She skipped her last stone, watching as it hopped across the water a few times before turning back to Kace. "I guess it's just something for you to figure out," She bit her lip before smiling again. "But you always seem to like a challenge."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back