Sydney Townsend

Amateur Duellist | Smarter Than You

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
The books available in the library were scarce, but Sydney had managed to find a few on Occlumency and Legilimency. The more she looked into magic that affected the mind, the more interesting branches of magic she found to explore. She had to admit, even as a child she'd always found the idea of telepathy sparked her imagination. As she got older though, she'd mostly discarded it, reading people's minds wasn't such a straight forward skill to learn, but lately Sydney had rekindled her interest in the idea.

She'd sequestered herself away in one of the quieter corners of the library, sitting in a plush armchair across from Emily as they both read, her feet up in Emily's lap. She enjoyed having the non-intrusive company, being able to sit quietly with Emily was one of her favourite aspects of their relationship, but today Sydney couldn't quite focus. "What are you thinking about?" she asked, glancing over the top of her book at Emily with a small smirk.

Emily always enjoyed it when Sydney joined her in the library. She was sitting in an arm chair, her legs tucked beneath her and Sydney's feet in her lap. Emily enjoyed the quiet contact, and had been lost reading a novel for a good while before Sydney's voice drew her out of her reverie. Emily didn't look up, smiling softly as she flipped her page. "Why don't you tell me?" She asked, teasing her girlfriend gently.

Sydney smirked more at Emily's little challenge, holding her thumb in her book to keep her place as she closed it and resettled to face Emily properly. She spent a moment staring intently into Emily's eyes, trying to keep a serious expression and mostly succeeding. Sydney had been doing enough reading on spells affecting the mind that she could probably attempt something on Emily right now if she really wanted to, but she also liked to think she didn't need magic to figure this one out. "Well, that's easily, you were thinking about your book, but now you're probably thinking that you want to kiss me," she said smugly.

Emily shut her book, laughing softly and leaning forward as Sydney did. She met Sydney's gaze and stared back at her, trying to hide the smile curling the corners of her lips. Emily laughed lightly at her girlfriends words, bringing a hand up to brush absently at the hair in Sydney's eyes. "Mm, are you ever wrong?" She teased gently, leaning in and kissing the girl sweetly. "If you were being more accurate," She pulled back a bit, smiling at Sydney with sparkling blue eyes. "I was thinking that I have a very talented, beautiful, brilliant girlfriend," Emily smiled, winking and sitting back in her chair.

Sydney couldn't help but preen at Emily's response. It was an easy response, but she still felt smug as Emily leant forward to kiss her, bringing her hand up to brush her fingertips along Emily's cheek before she pulled back. "Well, maybe there's more to this occlumency stuff I need to learn before we get that far," she said airily, stomach flip-flopping at the way Emily was so open with her words like that. Half the reason Sydney wanted to learn magic like this was the fear of someone being able to lay bare like that. No one was getting into Sydney's head if she didn't want them to. Ever. "Bet you can't tell what I'm thinking," she offered up to Emily, teasing and yet almost an actual challenge, holding Emily's gaze as she spoke.

Emily chuckled. "I'm sure you'll have it mastered in no time," she promised, winking playfully. Sydney was always able to do anything she set her mind to. Her brow furrowed just a little as Sydney challenged her. "Hmmm," Emily sat back, crossing her legs and considering the thought seriously. "You've been studying Occlumency, so you'll be thinking of that," she mused. "And you're talking to me about it," She pursed her lips. "You're probably thinking of why you want to know it, and if I know you well enough, you want to know because you don't want anyone to use it against you," Emily smiled. She was sure she was right, after all. She liked to think she knew Sydney well enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back