Totally not a date

Mae Owen

OOC First Name
Joyce
Wand
13' Mahogany with beetle's blood on the core
"Thank god for lunch break." She said as she was walking in the Hospital cafeteria. Mae was totally hungry and tired from all days work, plus she smells like blood, helping two pregnant womans deliver their child is a days work and hard. Ordering up at the counter, she took some chicken, mashed potatoes and a glass of water. Not much of a pumpkin charm, Mae took a sit near the counter, placing her tray in the table, Mae sat and was about to eat when she forgot that Atticus will be here. "Oh, bugger." Mae mumble and tried to eat fast.

Atticus entered the building called St Mungo's, happy as he could be. He had broken through the shell of a hard to reach girl, and got a date. The hospital wasn't his favorite place, but it was still a date. He smiled when he spotted her and walked over there. She smelled of blood, but that was typical, she was a healer after all. "Hiya, 'member me?" He asked sitting next to her, smiling charmingly.

Mae looked at the doors to wait for her 'date' but it was totally not a date for her. It was in the hospital for Christ sake, who will tell it was a date. She sigh and smiled when she spotted him and sat next to her, "Yes, I totally will remember you from your stubbornness ... Did you eat already?" She asked by then. Its normal for people to ask if they still not have their lunch and nothing more. Mae scoped a spoon full of mash potato and put it in Atticus mouth.

"oh i ate before coming here." He said excitedly. "You look really pretty, even now." He said seeing the natural glow in her skin. It was something make-up couldn't achieve. "I don't want to look like a slob in front of you though. So hows work?"

"Again with the flirting instinct ... I don't look pretty in my healer gown and I smell ..." She stopped and smelled herself and made a disgusted face, "I smell blood ... I've heard that boys doesn't want girls who smells like blood." Mae told him still not going for Atticus tricks. She sigh as Atticus asked how her work, "Fine, stressing, & nasty."

"No i mean it. I mean, you may have a weird, non complimenting gown, you still have a natural glow about you." And his words were true. He saw so many girls wear make-up and try to impress them, when they just look overdone.

Mae smiled, "Aww, really?" She asked and then stick her tongue out to him. "Like I'm going to trust you with it. I don't want to be hurt by a guy after this flirting things, so, stop complimenting me." Mae said straight to his face.

He frowned a bit. Had someone hurt her before? He asked, out of caring and kindness. "What do you mean? Do you want to talk about it?" He was a nice guy generally. Sure he flirted around a lot, but in the back of his mind, he just wanted to find love.

Atticus became really caring when she said that she doesn't want to be hurt by a guy, "No, It was a long time ago. Its my mom and dad, they got divorce because of some sort of bloodline- whatever you call it-, you know if my dad really loves my mom he didn't go away ... And then my sister has a muggle boyfriend who break up with her knowing she's a witch. I can't trust a guy that can't even fight for love." Mae explained and slowly looked at Atticus, hope she didn't hurt him from that words. "I'm sorry ... But we can try, right?" She then asked, smiling weakly.

He listened sympathetically to the beautiful woman. Miss Owen and her family had been hurt, he understood what that meant. He nodded when she said she couldn't trust a guy who wouldn't fight for love. That confused himself, could she trust him. Now that he knew, he didn't want to hurt her. He'd have to be careful. "Don't worry. I'm not usually like that." He had to add the usually, because she hadn't seen him drunk. "I wont hurt you on purpose, Miss Owen."

"So, sometimes your like that? ..." She said handling the her hand to her right and her other to the left. "And you will hurt me accidentally, is that what you trying to say? ..." Mae then trailed off. I was going to say another date will be fun she thought.

He mentally slapped himself. Did it sound that bad? "i mean, i don't try to.." He groaned. "Let's just leave it at friends, and I'll never have a chance." He looked up sheepishly. He didn't want to sound too bad.

Mae pouted her lips while facing him, "If that's your decision, then its fine with me ... I was even thinking another date to a perfect place." She told him, she then faced her front again and mocked there and there.

He hit himself in the forehead. "Oh man i'm such a screw up!" He sighed. "Well how about another date... wait you mean this is a date!" He nearly yelled it. Some people were looking.

Mae closed her eyes tightly as Atticus burst out, it wants good that he should yell at a Hospital. She opened her eyes and shrugged her shoulders, "Yes, this is a date ... What do you expect? .. that this wouldn't be a date?" Mae clarified him. "Are you mad?" She asked.

He laughed softly at her comment. "But you said it wouldn't be a date. No not mad, how could i be mad at you, my petite angelica." He used a french term that he would not explain to her for a while longer.

"Well, I was kinda late when you saw me and really pissed off ... SO, I didn't know hat I'm talking about." She laughed nervously. "I mean, I'm not on myself at that time and said that this wants a date."

He shrugged at her being mad. "Well, understandable. I mean if i was late for something, i might not have flirted. By the way, what time is it?" He asked, only because he had to see his brother later; it was important.

Mae smiled as Atticus understand her attitude when they first meet, he then asked what time is it. Mae looked at her wrist watch and almost jump, "Oh, my its almost 2 o'clock. Thanks for coming here and sorry if it isn't a nice date. I need to go get back to work." She told him.

He jumped up to. "Wait, i need your number if we are gonna do this again." He said with a smile. Alfie was going to kill him.

"Number? .. You mean muggle telephone/cellphone?" She asked but didn't waited for an answer. "Yeah, sure. Its 6690418282. I better go, be careful on your way out. I don't want you seeing laid in a Hospital bed." Mae sarcastically said in the last part. She then went out of the cafeteria and on she got to her office.

He smiled and watched her leave. She was so.. amazing. But, how was he going to break it to Odette; how was hegoing to choose?

((When i get ungrounded, i can start another...))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back