Tossed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Metzger

OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Wand
Curly 11 1/2" Rigid Acacia Wand with Boomslang venom Core
So I have a first year, here. And I kind of need things?

tumblr_m8rj3awlP41rv240t.gif

Meet Benjamin Andrew Metzger. He is part-Veela like his dad, and his uncle is Damian Metzger.
It was a real shocker when he landed in Slytherin because his dad would not have been and his
uncle was a Gryffindor. Anyway, about him, he is protective over his little sister, Belladonna.
His mom is no longer in the picture, and he has to see his dad act more like a girl than other
girls. So he was raised with a very open mind. He is not very nice though. He prefers to be left
alone, and has sarcastic remarks constantly under his belt. He does not like change at all. He
could live without having to see people if he wanted to. I don't think he would get along with
extremely bubbly people, or those that don't have a clue.
Anyway, what do I need? Best friends, close friends, enemies, just about anything. No final
though because it is in the works right now.

So if you want to plot with him, just post here or PM me on my main account. ^_^
If you want to RP with any other character, then perhaps a PM since I won't list them here.

I should have dragged Moirah out to rp already, so this seems like a good opportunity to get some roleplaying done.
I think that Moirah might be a close or even best friend for Benjamin, just going off what you've told us about him. She is a very studious young Slytherin with biting humour, and she enjoys observing other people without being bothered.
Moirah is an only child and has found it very difficult to make friends because of her sheltered upbringing (which sounds clichéd, but in this case her mother really was frighteningly protective, which was irritating for them both because they respectfully loathe each other personality-wise). She was born and bred to think very little of the male sex, which I am hoping to cure her of since she is too clever to underestimate other people for very long.
Thankfully, Moirah is not in the slightest bit interested in relationships and won't be for some time, as I plan it, so no interruptions to your final if you choose to rp with her.
Do you want to give it a test run?

Lamia could be an enemy for Benjamin. She is quite condescending and sarcastic as well, so they could definitely rub each other the wrong way. Lamia is judgemental, and has no filter; she speaks before she thinks, and even after she thinks, she'd probably say it anyway.
Thoughts?

I was going to offer up Rebecca Koshiba, but she is really quiet and doesn't like people, so they would probably just sit in silence xD

Kelsey Ruth:
I don't know much about him right now, just that he doesn't like that many people. He gets nervous around a crowd so that is probably why. I think they could get along after some time, since she might not think too much of him. Plus he is a part-Veela, and she is a pure-blood. Would that cause a bit of a bump there?
I am not worried about that. I am sure his final won't mind Ben being friends with a girl. ^^

Donna:
Oh enemies would be so much fun! I can see them rubbing each other the wrong way. Enemies are always a delight to RP so I am very interested!

Teigan:
Actually, since she is a little cute, I think that there might be a way to make them talk one way or another. Either a bump, or something like that?

Hadan Hensel said:
Teigan:
Actually, since she is a little cute, I think that there might be a way to make them talk one way or another. Either a bump, or something like that?
Oh! Okay, that sounds good. She would certainly say something if they bumped into each other. If she bumped into him she would apologise. If he bumped into her, she would politely ask him to apologise because that would be the polite thing to do. Haha! Okay I like it. And she is cute isn't she :wub:

Hadan Hensel said:
I don't know much about him right now, just that he doesn't like that many people. He gets nervous around a crowd so that is probably why. I think they could get along after some time, since she might not think too much of him. Plus he is a part-Veela, and she is a pure-blood. Would that cause a bit of a bump there?
I am not worried about that. I am sure his final won't mind Ben being friends with a girl. ^^
It's cool that you're not altogether sure what he's about, yet. Sometimes I jump right into roleplaying when I've got a new character just to go with my instincts on their personality =)
I'm glad his final's okay with girl friends. Everyone likes a bit of tolerance! (Moirah is learning xD) Luckily she's familiar with Part-Veela since she grew up in Scandinavia. They're pretty common in Slavic mythology, so I think sure there are more mixed blooded witches and wizards in Europe.
Can I ask a little bit about what kind of household Ben grew up in? Maybe they could find some common ground in familiarity.

Teigan:
I think that would go along swimmingly. If you want to start something, feel free. I am working on a final paper. :r

Kelsey Ruth:
Actually I don't know about his final. I do know Jessye is controlling her, but it is a matter of matching personalities with which future student. With Ben's good looks, he will be bound to attract girls so yeah. xD
Though if she wasn't okay with it, it would bring out some hilarious plots. :r Anyway.
Ben grew up with his dad, Dietrich, a flamboyant male. Dietrich was seeing Michael for a long time, so he got used to the idea of having two dads. Dietrich has a lot of people over, which makes Ben a little nervous, and Ben doesn't hear from his mom enough (and I assume he has two moms now because his mom was supposed to like girls in the end). His house was huge, so he was used to getting whatever he wanted but he never asked for much either. That's about enough that I know of in his household. xD

Sounds like you want a bit for trouble for him! Mua ha, I can supply that. Overly-protected child that she was, Moirah's seen part-veelas but not spoken to them. I imagine a first meeting between them might include some of "Yes, hello, nice to meet you, etc. etc ... so. What the hell is different about your face?". She is ... not tactful. Not yet, anyway. I can see a bemused and slightly jealous twelve year old being very to him by accident.
His home life sounds quite colourful, actually. That's another thing that'll make her go "What?": having two dads. That type of prejudice is less talked about on HNZ, but her mother certainly never approved of those kind of wizards. I intend to spend Moirah's life at HNZ educating her about what the real wizarding world is like. If at any point she did meet Ben's parents, she'd be quietly charmed.
Looks like we've got enough to go on for an rp, here. I've got an idea for a plot; let's say that first and second years are paired up in Slytherin house for a kind of extra curricular buddy system. This'd help the second years focus on school work and help introduce the first years to writing assignments and studying. If Moirah and Ben were to be paired up for one of these in the common room, they could try working on an assignment together and end up rubbing each other the wrong way, partial cause being Moirah's expansive knowledge of all subjects academic and woeful lack thereof for social and cultural norms. Feasible?

Hadan Hensel said:
Teigan:
I think that would go along swimmingly. If you want to start something, feel free. I am working on a final paper. :r
Way to get me to start something Kaitlyn :r I shall start something soon and pm Hadan xD

Teigan:
Thanks! :r

Kelsey Ruth:
Maybe in the future, but it really depends on who he gets with. Ben would probably throw the question back at her or something. xD
It was colorful. Though two dads in the picture are no longer a factor since Dietrich is getting with a girl soon. But he would be slightly confused over that. She might get the chance to meet Dietrich and his new step-mother, cause the person RPing Ben's mom has left the site permanently. Um, I can see that plot happening actually. Especially since Ben knows nothing about Hogwarts. So I think that is definitely a possibility.

Ahhh, I get it. It's still a good conversation starter, I daresay, in regards to who Ben grew up with.

Awesome. Well, unless you want to wait until you only have a few rps, I can post it up now and we can start. I reply once a day or so, so hopefully it won't be too taxing.

Feel free to start it up now if you wish. I get to RPs once every three weeks, but after the finals and such, I'll be faster and courteous to everyone that is waiting on me. ^_^

Hadan Hensel said:
Donna:
Oh enemies would be so much fun! I can see them rubbing each other the wrong way. Enemies are always a delight to RP so I am very interested!
So should I add this to your list of RPs to start? :r xD

Excuse me? I think you should start this one. :r

Figured as much :p

'ppreciate it. :r

Topic Closed and Archived
This roleplay development has been inactive for an extended period of time or is now completed.
Thank you for having used the plot development forum and feel free to create future threads in said forum.

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back