Librarian | Friendly | Lonely
OOC First Name
Jamie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Straight 12 Inch Sturdy Larch wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core.
Beaubelle was wondering through the halls, she wasn't a adventurous one, but if she wanted to know were things were she had to find out. She didn't want to be the girl that was always locked up in the library or tower, but she was afraid that, that was gonna happen this year. She just loved reading and the Library would be a place that she really wanted to visit so that was were she was looking for right now. She already forgot were she came from, this castle was so huge! How did she ever find her dorm back, she would have to ask others if she didn't knew it. But she was too shy to talk to them and especially older students was not something she would like. The White Blonde haired girl was already picturing things inside her head about how things would go here, she was never the positive one about herself so a lot of things seemed negative when she thought about her future here on Hogwarts.

When she came into a hallway on the Fourth Floor she saw a few students walking by. Beaubelle focused on the floor so that she didn't had to make eyecontact with the students that were passing by. There were so many students, and Beaubelle was too afraid that one of them would bully her and make her life a living hell. She already went through that when she was younger. Children in her neighborhood were mean to her and she was always left out, because she was different than the others. Beaubelle liked to read from very young age already and was interested in how things worked. She just thought very more different than other children thought. When she walked a bit further she saw a big window and walked over to it, it was in a nook so people would not notice her much, that was perfect. The white blonde girl looked outside and dreamed about how many books she could read in the beautiful library in Hogwarts.

Odette held her head high as she walked through the corridor. Her new school robes looked good on her, and she knew she didn't look like a scared little first year. But she was still new here, so she had to start finding her way around. It wouldn't do to get lost and end up at the wrong classroom once classes started, she wanted to leave a good impression on all her professors. Besides, it was never a bad idea to know a good spot to hide or a shortcut back to the common room.

But shortcuts were out of the question, she couldn't even find her way normally. Odette thought she was probably on the Fourth floor, but it might have been the third. It was utter nonsense that this castle didn't provide maps or signs, she would have to complain about that to someone.

Even as she walked aimlessly, she was on the lookout for other first years. Margo would be a welcome sight, the other girl would help her find her way. But she was mainly looking for people she didn't want to see, Harley Tsuji for example, it would be best to avoid her. Her eye fell on a girl she had seen in line for the sorting, her white blond hair had stood out even in the magnificence of the Great Hall. Odette had resented her immediately, this girl could draw everyone's gaze without any effort, and she didn't exactly look like she took advantage of that fact. Odette never liked a girl that could steal her spotlight easily, but it was even more annoying when they didn't even try. She took a deep breath, burying her annoyance under her usual layer of charm. Insecure girls were useful, even if they were too beautiful for their own good. She walked up to the other girl, wishing she had picked up her name somewhere. "Hello? You're a first year too, right? I recognized you by your hair, it's beautiful." It was always best to tell the truth, even if it stung. "Are you lost too?" She added, wondering why the other girl was just looking out of a window at nothing.

While looking out the window, Beaubelle thought about how it would be at home. She missed her parents already, they were a close family and her siblings were very different from how Beaubelle was but she still loved them. Her parents thought of it as good that Beaubelle went to Hogwarts. Because of that Beaubelle was so shy, insecure and got bullied on very young age already she stayed close with her parents for a long time. Today she still wanted her parents to be here with her to protect her, but that was just not possible. They supported her to enjoy the time at Hogwarts and to make friends here, because here everybody was new for eachother. The white blond girl was wondering how Sofia would do right now. Her cousin wasn't really someone with who she spoke a lot, but Sofia lost her mom when she was seven and Beaubelle lost her aunt. She was very sad when it happend it was her favorite aunt and she felt so bad for her cousins and uncle. But Sofia was a more confident girl than she was and she would find her way around here, Beaubelle was sure of it. She wasn't so sure about herself, but perhaps everything would change all of sudden.

She didn't noticed a girl walking at here, so when she heard a voice she turned around a bit shocked. Beaubelle didn't really knew if she saw this girl before, because she wasn't really paying a lot of attention to others yet. But she sounded nice, she talked about Beaubelle her hair and that was not something that she expected.
'' Hi.. yes uh.. first year.'' Beaubelle looked from the ground quick to the girls eyes with her own bright blue ones. '' Thanks..'' she responded at the compliment with a tiny smile a bit nervous. She didn't really knew how to respond at this she never got much compliments. And when she asked if she was lost, Beaubelle sighted for a moment. '' I-I was looking for the library.'' The white blonde thought of herself as stupid, she couldn't even find the library. Why in such an intelligent house and not even find the way around here.

This girl looked and acted like a baby bird, nervous and terrified of the world. This was going to be just too easy, Odette could already tell. She smiled at her in a reassuring way. "I'm also a first year, it does take some getting used to, doesn't it? I'm a little lost as well." She laughed at herself. "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Odette. Odette Harper, what's your name?" It was a shame that Odette had no idea where the library was, or she could have helped the girl find it and cement herself as a helpful person in her mind. Well, she could still offer to try even if she had no idea. Maybe she could offer to ask an older student, this girl seemed she would be too nervous to even consider asking anyone for help. Which is why, of course, it was so very nice of Odette to offer it anyway.

Beaubelle was already afraid what this girl thought of her. She complimented her about her hair, but perhaps she just said something to see how Beaubelle would react. But the white blonde haired was always thinking negative about what people thought of her. The girl introduced herself as Odette Harper and the girl didn't expected that she would ask about her name. Mostly people saw how shy Beaubelle was and they didn't cared so walked away because they were bored by her company. The white blonde didn't really knew how to start conversations because she was to shy for it, she was happy when somebody would ask her anything so she was glad Odette did. '' I'm Beaubelle.. Waldgrave.'' she responded. Odette didn't responded at Beaubelle when she said she was looking for the library, so she just kept silent and looked at the ground.

Beaubelle. A fittingly pretty name for this girl. Ugh. "Nice to meet you, Beaubelle." She said happily. "I am actually not sure where the library is either, but maybe I could help you? Maybe we could ask an older student, I'm sure there would be someone happy to help." It would have been a better offer if she actually knew where it was, but surely the girl would appreciate any help Odette would offer. She didn't look like the sort of girl that often got a lot of attention. "It's so big here, isn't it? But I love that it's a castle. I feel like a princess when I walk through the halls." She laughed softly, hoping it would prompt the other girl to say a bit more.

When she introduced herself she didn't reallly knew where to put her hands so she just wanted to grab a book out of her back so she could have something in her hands. A smile appeared on her face when Odette found it nice to meet her. She didn't really understood why, she thought of it as nice, but Odette seemed like a nice girl and she was pretty too. '' If you want to do that.. I would be very happy.'' she said soft to Odette in front of her. She was sure when she would look for herself she would get lost and she would not dare to ask somebody for help so it would be very nice of Odette if she wanted to help her. She thought about what Odette said about feeling as a princess in the castle. Beaubelle didn't really had that feeling yet, she just felt like a tiny mouse and didn't want to be a princess, she just wanted to be invincible. The white blonde girl didn't liked to get attention and somebody like Odette seemed like she would get attention so to have somebody like her beside her was maybe not a bad idea. But she was unsure if Odette wanted to be on her side. '' It is really big.. I was lost already.'' Beaubelle played with a lock of white blonde hair, after a minute of silence Beaubelle found the courage to ask something, what she thought was a good question. '' Which house are you in?'' she asked while playing with her hair still.

Odette noticed that Beaubelle grabbed a book and she fought the urge to raise her eyebrow. What was this girl doing? Was that a subtle hint that she would rather be reading than talking to Odette? She didn't ask anything about it, though, and just smiled. "Alright, I'll go ask someone in a second." Odette said, looking around for any friendly people but seeing no one yet. "As soon as I see someone that might know."

She watched the other girl, why was she so nervous? There didn't seem to be anything wrong with her, if she just showed a little bit more confidence she could be incredibly popular and well liked. The weird kids were the one that had a reason to be nervous, they were always a target. But someone like Beaubelle should be on Odette's level, not as pathetic as this girl was showing herself to be. "I was lost too." Odette said, nodding in understanding. She wasn't going to admit she had been lost multiple times already, probably more than she could count on one hand. She wouldn't tell anyone that, it was embarrassing. Something about the castle just made her lose all sense of direction.

It was a small surprise when Beaubelle asked her a question without any prompting. Odette decided this was a good sign, she was getting this girl to feel comfortable around her. "I'm in Slytherin, what about you?"

Beaubelle put the book to her body and looked at Odette, waiting to answer. It was very nice that Odette would ask a older student for her. Beaubelle hoped she wouldn't think strange of her to not ask herself. It was hard to admit that you didn't dare to ask somebody something, or that was how the white blonde girl thought. '' Thanks..'' she said with a shy smile towards Odette. She nodded when Odette would look for someone that she might know. She was curious if Odette would ask anyone, if she just would walk over to a stranger. To walk to a stranger was a bit scary, the white blonde thought. She didn't liked strangers, and that was a reason why she had trouble with talking to just everyone.

She sighted gladly when Odette said she was lost too, she wasn't the only one luckily. '' So.. where were you going too?'' Beaubelle noticed she could just ask Odette some things, and she hoped nothing would be strange. She could talk ofcourse, she had a voice and could use it, but well Beaubelle was insecure about every question she asked. She could never really say something without thinking how somebody else would react. Odette was in Slytherin and Beaubelle was a bit dissapointed, she hoped she would be in Ravenclaw too, because it felt good to have Odette with her. To have someone that was more confident at her sight, perhaps others would not bully here if they saw Odette first. '' I'm in Ravenclaw.'' Beaubelle heard some things about Slytherin but that were just guidlines, not everyone was the same. It was known that Ravenclaw students had a thing for books, and she loved books very much but not everyone was the same.

"It's no problem, I understand that its not easy to just approach someone." Odette said, giving her a sympathetic smile. "But now we're together so I can help with that. Maybe one day you can help me with something you're good at." She smiled, showing that she didn't mean it in a too serious way. Though, she did. If this girl was better at a subject than she was, she could enlist her help with homework or something later. This girl didn't look incredibly bright but she knew better than to underestimate her based on looks. After all, Odette herself looked completely harmless and sweet most of the time.

When Beaubelle asked her where she was going, she replied quickly. "I was sort of just exploring the castle, trying to get a better feel for it. But I'm honestly not sure where I am now. So... I'm sort of lost too." She sighed. "I wish it was easier to get around, I don't want to get lost when I go to class." The other girl told her she was in Ravenclaw and Odette knew that she had been right earlier, this girl was smarter than she looked. Well, in theory at least. Ravenclaws were the brainy ones, right? In general, at least. She wondered if that meant they always got better grades. She then wondered why she wasn't in that house. Had the hat thought she wasn't smart enough? But Slytherins were smart too, just in a different way.

Beaubelle had never really had a friend before in her life. She always played with her younger siblings and especially with Noel. But to actually get some help from somebody from your own age was something different. Beaubelle didn't really knew how to think about Odette first, she was beautiful and way more confident than she was. But Odette mentioned that she liked Beaubelle her hair, that was nice? Odette said just the right thing, just as she felt what Beaubelle thought. It made her more confertable and maybe she could rest her heart with her. So the white blonde nodded at Odette and responded at what she was saying. '' Thanks.. I find it difficult, stupid I know.'' A red colour appeared on Beaubelle her cheeks, she thought very negative about what she didn't dare. But Odette was sweet and said that they were together, did that mean that she was her friend? '' Yes ofcourse! Anything that you want.'' Beaubelle got a smile on her face, she really wanted to help Odette ofcourse because Odette helped her. She liked to help people, when they were nice to her. She didn't exactly knew what her things were, were she was good at. But perhaps Odette would get to know, which things the white blonde could do.

The white blonde listened when Odette said what she was doing, and smiled shortly when she said she was lost. Hopefully Odette didn't found it rude that she laughed, but they were both lost so that had to mean something. '' No, I really don't want to get late for a class. I'm very curious about the lessons.'' Beaubelle was a bit shocked about the fact how easy this conversation went, all of sudden. It made her happy, she had one friend, although she thought she had. That ment that she wasn't alone anymore, and that was a nice thought.

Odette could tell that Beaubelle was warming up to her, and her smile widened a little. It was so easy to get people to like her, she just had to act nice for half a minute and pretend their worries and concerns actually mattered to her and people just did what she wanted. She really didn't understand why some people were so gullible, didn't they know that others just wanted to use them? Especially someone like Beaubelle, so pretty and so quiet, many people could take advantage of that. "It's not stupid at all, everyone finds different things difficult. And talking to strangers is quite intimidating, I understand." She said, smiling."I'll ask as soon as I can, promise." She scanned the hallway again for anyone to ask, she was starting to be done with this conversation.

Beaubelle confirmed Odette's ideas about Ravenclaws by talking about lessons and how curious she was about them. Odette smiled politely and nodded. "I'm the same, maybe we could sit together at one or two." She said, smiling hopefully at her. In truth, she hoped to sit next to Margo a few times too. She hoped both girls would understand.

Then she spotted an older student walking past. "Hold on." She told Beaubelle. She walked up to the older girl and asked her for directions to the library. The girl was friendly enough, though her reply was short. Odette returned to Beaubelle with a smile. "Turns out we're already in the right corridor." Odette pointed to a door a bit further along. "The library is over there."

Beaubelle couldn't really understand what happend to her, but perhaps it was ok to not think about things but just let them happen. That was something that Beaubelle had trouble with, but on the other hand she thought it was good to think first about her actions. She felt happy when Odette said that it wasn't stupid to be like this. Beaubelle was afraid of the respons of what she just told Odette, but this was the confirmation of that she could trust Odette, she thought.'' But what do you find difficult? Is there something?'' The white blonde couldn't imagine that Odette would find something difficult, but perhaps it was true, that everyone had their weaknesses. Although sometimes it seemed that she herself had more than others. She nodded when Odette said that she would ask soon. Beaubelle had the feeling that Odette was first year, but she wasn't sure. '' I would like that.'' she responded with a shy smile, about sitting next to eachother in lessons.

When Odette walked to a older girl Beaubelle was waiting on the place were she stood, she stayed at the exact same spot. When Odette returned Beaubelle looked at her with amazement, it went so easy for Odette to talk to others and just ask what she wanted to ask. When she told that the library was very close, Beaubelle smiled. She couldn't wait to go there. '' Well, I was close than.'' she said soft almost whispering not really talking to Odette, but more to herself. '' So, I really want to check out the library. I heard lots about it.'' she said while looking at Odette again. Looking at her face was more easy now, than looking at the ground.

Odette smiled. "I don't really know what I find difficult yet, maybe you can help me study sometime." She said with a grin. "I'm sure there's some subject I'll find hard that you find easy. We'll see, there's no rush to repay me. All I did was ask the way."

She nodded. "You were close! You should go check it out, I'll see you around." She smiled. "I'm sure we'll be friends in no time, you're so nice." Odette laughed softly. "Let's meet up sometime."

Beaubelle was a bit curious what Odette would answer, perhaps it was a stupid question, because Odette seemed like she didn't find anything difficult. '' Ofcourse, I would like that.'' The white blonde said smiling shy. Odette didn't knew yet what she found difficult, and Beaubelle wished that she was Odette, because she had a full list of things that she found difficult. The list of things that she found easy was way shorter. Beaubelle was curious what subject she would like the most or find easy. The whole time she was pretty close to the library so she felt a bit stupid, that Odette had to ask the way for her. But gladly Odette didn't seem to think weird of it.
'' Uhm.. You can come along if you want? Or have you already been there?'' she asked carefully. She couldn't help but feel a bit happy about the compliments that Odette gave her, that she was nice. Ofcourse she knew that she wasn't mean, because that wasn't just what she wanted to be. But it made her cheeks go red, to hear those things. '' Thank you Odette, you are very nice too.'' Beaubelle would like to meet up with Odette again, because with her on her side things would get more easy perhaps.

Odette smiled at the other girl, she was glad to have made her a new friend. It would be good to keep this connection during the school year. Girls like Beaubelle wanted someone like Odette to give them direction, that wasn't bad. Some people didn't have much spine so they needed others to do that for them.

"I'm about to head back to my Common Room, actually." She told Odette with an apologetic smile. "But I'd love to go there with you another time. We should definitely hang out sometime, I'd love to get to know you more." She tossed her hair back. "I'll see you around, Beaubelle." She gave her a friendly smile before heading off.

Beaubelle was so glad that she found somebody who wasn't mean to her. She had met so many people that just used her or who were so mean that Beaubelle lost kinda faith in herself but also in humanity. Her parents had to support Beaubelle to go to Hogwarts, because at home Beaubelle was only sitting on her room and reading books. Books were her friend and things that could help her and people weren't. But Odette was a example that people were not that bad. The white blonde nodded when Odette said she should go back to the common room. Beaubelle wanted to come along with her but she wasn't a slytherin. It would be easier if Odette was in her house, so she could stay close. But perhaps Odette didn't want Beaubelle to be close to her. When Odette mentioned that she wanted to come another time a tiny smile appeared on Beaubelle her face. '' I would like that too.'' the white blonde said with a bit of english accent. Her mother was born in Sweden but they weren't. She learned some Swedish words and sentences from her family, but mostly they talked English with eachother. When Odette said goodbye, Beaubelle waved at her. When Odette was gone Beaubelle sighted. Why did she wave? What was that for stupid thing. She felt kinda lost again when Odette left her, but she was glad she could visit her best friends the books and to get to know them all in the library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back