Too curious

Alexis Ziamian

OOC First Name
Claire
Alexis walked down to the lake in the hope of finding something interesting. She picked up a twig to try and measure the depth of the water. When she had selected a long thin one, she walked right up to the edge and reached out as far as she could. suddenly, her balance slipped, and her full weight pressed down on the thin twig. It snapped, causing Alex to fall into the lake.

Everything went dark. Her hair fanned out behind her in the water. She was being pulled down. She struggled to swim to the surface, and not succeeding. She was fast running out of air. She waved her hands around to try and attract attention, but this made her tired, and she stopped trying. Her body floated down into the grim depths of the lake. This was her time, she thought. She held her breath for a few more sickening seconds, crying underwater. Her lungs were burning. She couldn't hold on much longer. With one final unsucceeding tug, she shut her eyes and breathed out.

Artemis stared open-mouthed at the scene. She had been sitting in the middle of the Lawn making daisy chains, watching the new kids tickling the Giant Squid. One girl, looking like a second year, had become a bit too adventurous, and had wondered over to the Deep Banks. One moment she was there, and the next she had gone.
"Oi!" roared Artemis, startling a group of first years. She surged to her feet and tore towards the Deep Banks. Art skidded to a halt on the steep bank walls, rocks and grass crumbling at her feet and into the water. A broken stick floated out towards the middle of the lake.
Bugger!
As she squinted into the depths, a few bubbles rose, and she could see wisps of blonde hair sinking fast. "Oh, flummox me!" cried Artemis. It was time to get wet. She pulled off her heavy woolen coat. It was coming up to winter, and the water must have been freezing for the poor girl. With a swift movement, she dived. Oh flummox me... thought Artemis again. The cold made her ache like nothing she'd ever felt before. A sinking hand waved in the current as it fell. Luckily, the tiny third year girl was as strong as an ant, able to carry grown men on her shoulders like they were a feather. She paddled furiously, trying to catch up to her. It was no use. She was not fast enough.

Still aching from cold, she pulled out her wand and aimed it at the surface. The spell flew true, and red emergency sparks erupted overhead. Hold on... This time, Artemis shot the spell behind her. She rocketed down into the depths and almost enveloped Alexis in her arms. It was a good shot. She planted her feet at the bottom and pushed off, dragging the now unconscious girl with her. Together, they broke the surface. Artemis looked at the girl lolling head. She was not breathing.
"Oh bugger, bugger..." Artemis watched the sparks above her head. "Hey! Hey, Somebody!"

Alexis felt the water moving above her. Suddenly, she felt the warmth of the air, but the world was distant. Alex was unconscious. Her head fell to one side, and her mouth opened as if she was about to speak. Water dribbled out of her nose, and her lungs were full of water. Suddenly, she opened her eyes, and started coughing. She couldn't breathe and she ached like hell.

The girl was coughing water onto her, but Artemis didn't mind. She was wet anyway. Despite her strength though, Artemis was no swimmer. She paddled helplessly whilst trying to keep them both afloat. They were both freezing, and in the middle of the lake.
Artemis could not think what would make her sink so fast...the Giant Squid was otherwise entertained, so therefore it must have been a mermaid or some kind of Grindylow. The red stars sparkled above them as Artemis tred water, holding the girl up as much out of the water as possible whilst her own head was half submerged.
"Hey...'ye alright, love?" she asked the girl, out of breath.
Oh dear. They were practically in the middle of the lake by now. No wonder she had such a hard time getting to her! The underwater currents had dragged them out. Now, Artemis was no coward, but water-creatures gave her the willies, and she was getting tired.
"Ye're alright, are 'ye?"

Cyril was sitting on the slope near the lake and watching the other students play around in the water, along with the giant squid as he saw red emergency sparks shoot up from another side of the lake. The emergency sparks faded into the air, as Cyril pulled out his wand and called out the incantation to summon sparks of blue - Signalling that help was coming. Pushing himself off the ground Cyril sprinted across to the area where the sparks were sent up. The wind howled in his years as he ran against the wind, towards a familiar looking girl with a pixie cut and another girl, lying down this time who seemed to be wet and .. In trouble.

Finally arriving at the scene, he panted and managed to squeeze out these words to Artemis, "What happened?"

Artemis saw Cyril at the edge of the lake. Blue sparks! Bugger...thought Artemis. He was quite far away.
"Can 'ye swim on yer own?" she asked Alexis.
Raising her hand as high as she could, she waved at Cyril from across the lake.

Alex started to paddle for dear life, despite the fact she had no energy. She coughed again and with both of their energy, they managed to paddle to the side. Alexis lay half on the bank and half in the water, still unable to breathe. She had been for 2 minutes now without breathing, and started to feel faint again. She hauled herself up onto the bank with Artemis so that she wouldn't fall back in. She noticed a boy signalling blue sparks. Alexis felt relieved that help was coming.
She coughed again, before passing out.

(whoops, yes I can swim on my own xD)

Artemis fell onto her back in the grass. A small group of students hovered in a circle, muttering to themselves in a worried tone.
"Ow." was all Artemis had to say on that subject.
Thank goodness Cyril was there. Art barely knew anyone else, and she wouldn't feel comfortable having to ask any of them for help, for such was her pride. At this rate, they were both going to need the hospital wing. The minus 0 temperatures had her shaking in her boots. She could only imagine was Alexis was feeling, having ingested half the lake on her way down. Her teeth began to chatter.

Feeling lucky that he had taken first-aid lessons - Which he was so reluctant in going many years ago Cyril put both of his hands together, one on top of another and placed them on the girl's chest. Pushing once, Cyril counted to three, before pushing down again. He repeated this a few times, careful not to press down to hard in fear of breaking the girl's ribcage. "What happened to her?" he asked Artemis.

Alex felt sharp bangs on her chest. Suddenly, the world appeared around her again, and she coughed water everywhere. She could finally breathe again, taking in long breaths and starting to cry and shake. She was extremely cold and wet. "T..t..thankyou, both of y..you". She said, coughing water again. She felt full of water, and she knew something was going to have to happen to her.

Looking to Artemis, he noticed her deathly white skin, and the cold emanating from her. "Oh (Censored)." Cyril swore as he placed a hand to Artemis' and the girl's body to feel the temperature. Pulling out his wand again, he twirled it in the air before muttering the incantation from the bluebell flames spell. The flames appeared in his hand instantly, and he waved it over Artemis' and the girl's bodies, hopefully warming them.

Alexis noticed the boy trying to warm her up, but the change from sub zero to hot was sudden. It felt boiling, as if it was burning her skin. A tear dribbled down Alex's cheek, but no sound came out of her mouth. She felt extremely tired and still cold. She was shaking non-stop and felt sick, turning pale suddenly.

The heat from Cyril's spell began to seep into her. Both girls were quite ill with cold, and Artemis knew it. She struggled to her feet, her wet boots feeling like jelly. "H-h-h-help me g-g-g-get her u-up." said Artemis. They needed the Hospital Wing, and fast.
This was just perfect, thought Artemis. First friend she ever made, and the second time they meet, she's falling all over herself after a stunt like this. Could she make it to the Hospital Wing? Apparently not. Artemis crumbled to the ground, still holding Alexis' shoulder when she had tried to help her up. Art looked back up at the sky vaguely.
"I think I'll j-j-ust...stay here a while...you g-g-go help her..."

(I hope it isn't godmod to say that they were both ill. I'm just assuming that I'd be pretty messed up after getting into that lake xD)

(( The Bluebell Flame's heat is warm, rather than burning hot, since I put it a distance away from your skin. ))

"Are you sure, Arty?" Cyril said with a worried look on his face, before he lifted Alexis off the ground and slung her arm over her shoulder. Throwing the flames onto the grass, they spread around the grass in a small circle near Artemis, to keep her warm and bring her body temperature back up to its normal levels. He walked, supporting Alexis with his strength as he went towards the Hospital Wing.

(lol its ok)

Alexis saw the girl falling over. She hadn't tried standing up yet, and wasn't planning to any time soon. Suddenly her stomach heaved and water came out of her nose and mouth again. How much water is there in me? She thought to herself. She could see pink spots everywhere and was really scared that if she didn't make it to help anytime soon, she wouldn't make it at all.

Whoops forget all that

Alexis felt somebody pick her up. She hoped they were heading for the hospital wing. "W...what about.. H..h..her?" She pointed at the other girl, surrounded by flames now, probably to keep her warm.

It was though the world was coming in frame-by-frame. One moment Artemis was staring at the sky and the next, at the ground. Artemis knew that if Cyril had to carry anyone, he was fortunate to be able to carry her. She was probably the smallest person in the school. However, the indignity of being carried almost overwhelmed her sickly-stance. She felt like battering his back with her tiny fists, shouting "Put me down, put me down I say!". But she was too tired.
She really ought to go and help him carry Alexis- or better yet, find someone else to share the burden. In her minds dreamy-eye, she felt as though that was what she was doing. It was like being half-asleep, and dreaming that you turned the light off, when you really haven't.
In reality, she was a cold, wet little girl who was being carried into the castle like a babe.

Of course, this wasn't the true reality anyway. Artemis dreamt as she slept on the lawn, white and cold as a snowflake.

Callum looked worriedly at a girl surrounded by flames. She was white, and Callum wondered if she was alright.
"Hey there, are you in trouble? How can I help?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back