OOC First Name
Sofija
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Arthur
Yule Ball was slowly getting closer and even tho Kiara was pretty scared about upcoming exams, she couldn't skip ball. This year she wasn't that unstressed about exams only because it was her OWLs year, she wasn't in mood to fail them, but it didn't change that fact that she wanted to ask someone specific as her date to ball. Kia had that in mind for pretty long time, but she searched for excuses to delay that and after some talk with Jenna, she gained confidence enough to call that boy out. She didn't tell him that she was going to ask him to be her date, but still decided that even without that, they could at least hang out. At that moment, it felt like the right thing to do, but now, she was really overthinking that and was really scared to do that, so she was waiting for him and it was pretty visible that she was pretty nervous. Nervous Kiara was something new, she was almost always laid back and chill, these emotions were new even to her. She leaned against tree and tried to scrape moss from that tree, and hoped that that moss won't stay in her hair. In her back pocket of her jeans, she had little handmade invitation to ball, cause she perfectly knew that she wasn't THAT confident to invite him just by herself. So Kiara did what she did the best, made card and wrote in the most caligraphic handwriting that she was able to do.

Arthur's life was fairly boring anymore. He'd settled down a bit since the fight that had cost him his friendship with Apollo. Losing the only person he had had hurt him, a lot. He'd kept his distance since then. From everyone, really. Still, it made life lonely. He was surprised when Kiara asked him to meet, but with nothing else to do, he made his way down to the lake. He made a point of sneaking around, taking the long way so he could come up behind her. He had so little fun these days, he had to take the chances when they came by. He came up from behind her, peeking around the tree. "You called, Kiara?" He spoke softly, smiling mischievously.

Kiara jumped a bit when heard voice from behind. "Oh God! You scared me!" she put her hand on her chest and laughed a bit. Then she put her thumbs in jeans back pockets, next to her invitation and drove with thumb over it. "I.. Yeah, I did." she finally cheerfully smiled and then took out of her pocket invitation. She didn't give him it right away. "How is it going?" Kia understood that this question wasn't exactly in the right place and just finally showed him invitation. "I-I seem pretty confident, but when things comes down to questions and options, I feel like it's better to do that this way." she handed him her card and sheepishly smiled. She even started to blush a bit and just to make it clear, she also added: "You don't have to read it right now and you can say no. I won't be mad or disappointed, or anything like that, it's not that big deal and yeah." she talked as much as she could just to take away all the stress. Of course, she would be a bit disappointed, but she wouldn't ever admit that to him, so Kia just looked at him and waited.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue
I'm not a writer,
but Yule Ball is upcoming soon.

Will you come to ball with me?

Last edited:
Arthur smiled, not apologizing, and leaned against the tree, watching Kiara as she spoke. He let her go on for a bit, eyes flitting down to look at the paper in her hands. He took it, admiring the styling a moment before flipping it over to read the words. He read over the words, a little surprised she had asked him of all people. He pulled a pen out of his pocket, scribbling on the bottom of the invitation a moment before handing it back with a grin.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue
I'm not a writer,
but Yule Ball is upcoming soon.

Will you come to ball with me?

Flowers are pretty and I suppose you are too
I'm a little surprised but sure, I'll go with you
Just know that it's a bit of a chance
Since I don't know how to dance

Kia felt like her heart was going to jump out of her chest when he looked at invitation. She almost had an idea to fastly leave while he was reading, but yet, she stayed in the same place, shaking her arm, biting her liping and not taking eyes off Arthur. She almost started to procrastinate that she always fell for someone she didn't have any chances with, and then he started writing on that invitation. Was he going to use super cute way on turning her down? Then he gave her card back and she read it several times before understanding that he agreed. Kiara closed her mouth with hand and then fastly hugged him. She was totally extroverted, but then she stepped back and let all her words fall out in a big speed. "I was not expect.. That's amazing! You're a good writer! And ugh, don't worry about dancing, I'm dancer, I can lead or we can just spend time without dancing. There is a lot of another options." then she took a deep breath and tried to finally chill a bit down. "God, it was unexpected.." Kia fastly mumbled under her nose in French and then cheerfully smiled at Arthur again. "I didn't know that this was this stressful." she put her face in her both hands and laughed.

Arthur wasn't sure there was anything in this conversation that wasn't going to startle him. He had barely started to bring his arm up to hug her back when she had already pulled away. He smiled softly. "You are remarkably like Avaria," He offered, laughing lightly. "I suppose you should teach me to dance before the ball," he raised a brow, sticking his hands in his pockets and leaning against the tree.

The fact that Arthur wanted to hug her back, gave Kiara a lot of butterflies in her stomach. It was feeling a bit weird for her, nice but weird, why she didn't feel anything like that with Jenna or Jatin? "Huh? Avaria? I guess it's your relative, right?" she tilted her head with interest. She was interested in person who she was compared to. "Hey! Yes! That's such an amazing idea! Oh, last year there was that thing were they teached dancing, but I'm not exactly sure that they will do it again, so yeah. Sounds like a plan. Wanna try it now or later?" she pointed at his hands in pockets, without meaning anything with that move.

Arthur nodded. "My eldest sister. She graduated last year." He smiled softly. He missed her, her happy energy and her honest bubbly excitement for everything. She was just so sweet. He blinked as Kiara seemed to suggest they dance now. He smiled and stepped forward, taking her hands in both of his. He raised a brow, giving her an amused smile and watching her to see what happened next.

"Oh, I will remember that." Kiara nodded back with sheepish smile. She totally loved that he was talking and not pushing her away, when she first approached him in the hall, she was almost sure that he will push her away, but yet, here they were. When he took her hands, she awkwardly smiled at him and moved his hands on her waist. "Uhm, I'm pretty sure that there is quite small chance that there will be like kinda fast dances and in not that fast dances... Boys puts their hands a bit higher than her hips and girls puts their hands on their shoulders. It's more common to not professional dancers." with that she put her hands on his shoulders. She was hardly blushing and yet, still talking. "We would hold each others hands if we were dancing something like salsa or boogie woogie and it's impossible that you will start dancing these now. And you probably don't know the dances that I called, so just trust me, they are fast and hard to catch up. " she giggled and then guilty looked at him with soft smile. "Of course, there are such dances like tango and waltz, where partners put hands on each other shoulders and other hands you stretch out straightly like this." she moved his hands as she said and looked at him to see if he even understood what she said. "But we won't do that, it's more competition dances and we are not going to compete with anyone. And of course, there is another ways to dance, for example, latina dance bachata, but I won't even show how they dance it. I'm kinda sure it will make you feel kinda uncomfortable." she laughed and put his hands back on her waist. It was again visible that she was finally feeling herself pretty confident and was enjoying the moment. "Need a moment to let it all settle down or everything's fine?" Kiara smiled at him with her hand, that she took of his shoulder, moved her hair out of her face and happily smiled.

Arthur chuckled, not bothering trying to remember the million things she just said. He let his hands settle on her waist. "Everything is fine," he reassured, lifting a hand to boop her nose. "Chatterbox." He teased her softly, letting his hand slide back enough to twirl a strand of her hair around his finger. "Why not just start with a simple dance?" he offered with a small smile, letting his hand fall back down to her waist.

"Perfect!" Kiara laughed when Arthur booped her nose and crunched it cutely, and kept smiling. She totally loved when he did that, so when laughing she didn't even notice as she leaned almost on his chest with head. "Is it that bad?" she giggled and continued smiling, Kia was enjoying all the touches. She even locked her fingers together behind his neck and put the palms of her hands on his neck. Kiara tilted her head to the side and smiled at him. "Sounds like a perfect starting place." Kia said like it was the most most obvious, then laughed again and then messed with his hair. "So the most important thing. Be confident and don't worry about my legs, if you will step on my feets, that's not something I'd die from, but don't do that just for fun or I will start stepping back." she chuckled and started talking again. "Literally the simplest almost dance we can do, is simply moving weight from one feet to another and mostly like move in a circle. You don't have to like turn around, but go like this." she took hands off from his shoulders and showed like a square in the air. "You can like suggest any dips or turns, just don't do them sharply. I need my back and just be sure that you feel comfortable with that." with that she took his hand and mostly didn't even exactly touch it, but still turned around. "I sound like a boring boomer teacher. Don't do that, do that, be sure and be careful. I hope you aren't asleep yet." Kia laughed again, put her hands back on his neck and put her thumbs more on the sides of his neck, but didn't make any pressure.

Arthur chuckled and shook his head. She was actually kinda cute. It was odd that he thought so, he hadn't ever really noticed anyone. Well, other than Violette, but he hadn' been able to find her in a while. He shook off the thought. "One of us should talk," he joked lightly. He followed her instructions, setting his hands on her waist and trying to sway her slowly like she'd said. "No, not yet. Just trying to decide how much I want to step on your toes," He teased, giving her a coy grin and a playful wink.

Kiara smirked and nodded. "Yeah, of course, I could just lead you without explaining, but I would never skip any chance to talk. You surely have noticed that," she recalled to him calling her a chatterbox, so after that she giggled again. She continued to smile as he did what she said. "Yes, just like that! It's a hard dance, isn't it?" Kia joked and flirtously fastly blinked several times and gave him the cutest she could do, and looked at him through her lashes. "Noo, if you can avoid that, avoid that! I will jump back on your toes, if I notice that you are stepping on my feets not accidentally." Kiara laughed back and slowly and lightly run with her thumb over his neck, enjoying moment. "Alright, let's try again! Just enjoy what you do, it can't be bad anyways, there is nothing to mess up." unless he wasn't exactly planning on how to mess up to make her laugh again, but she slowly started to dance and she was looking up to him and then checking him and how he was actually doing.

Arthur chuckled, swaying lightly with her. "I quite like listening to you chatter," he told her, smiling softly. He had always been rather quiet. It didn't bother him at all to listen to pretty voices going on. He laughed lightly as she tried to act cute, leaning in and pressing a kiss to her forehead on impulse. He countered the action by immediately stepping lightly on her toes, almost a challenge. He smiled playfully, curious how she would react.

Kiara proudly smiled and moved a bit closer, since she wasn't that close to him, this time this move was more confident. She didn't feel like it would make anyone of them uncomfortable. "Merci!" she usually didn't talk in French with him, only when felt stressed out, and this time it was more like teasing thank you. When he kissed her forehead, she froze and then looked at him confused, but then chuckled, when he stepped on her toes. Two can play this game. She wrapped her arms fully around his neck in a hug, waited until he hugged her back and easily jumped on his toes, after that she took her arms off his shoulders and started to tickle him. "I warned you!"

Arthur laughed, grabbing hold of Kiara as she tickled him and wrestling with her easily. He was trying to take it easy, but he wasn't just going to let her get away with it. They tussled for a bit, Arthur laughing lightly. They accidentally lost their balance. He held onto her, twisting a little so that he hit the ground first, hopefully cushioning her fall a bit. He groaned, his head spinning a little from the impact, arms wrapped tightly around her as he waited for his heart to stop racing.

As Arthur started to wrestle Kiara, she continued to try to restart tickling him and that worked as she was wrestling back. All through that, she was laughing, but when they started to fall, she didn't even notice as she let him take the dominance of situation. That ended up with her falling right on top him, she pressed lips together in a light pain, trying to hold back a groan, and closed her eyes for a moment to get her breathing right as she hit her stomach on Arthur. At least her fall was really softened, but he got double pain. "You alright?" that came out before she understood that she was still on him and that he held her tightly. When she understood that, she also understood that movies totally lied about falling on the ground together being romantic. "After us being this close to each other, you must marry me," she let out a joke without thinking twice in a bit raspy and a bit deeper voice that wasn't common for her. She loved all romantic history movies and in all those movies, men were obligated to marry women, Kiara went by that medieval fact. "Sorry and thank you," Kia said and looked at his face, she actually meant what she said. This moment was totally awkward, since she was right on top of him and their faces were pretty close, and his face was surrounded by her hair, since the gravity wasn't turned of and because she decided that nothing can happen and didn't put her hair up.

Arthur's head was swimming, and at this point he wasn't sure if it was the knock he'd taken or if it was her perfume. He let out a breathless laugh, followed by a groan as he winced. "Sorry, I don't accept marraige proposals until after graduation," he replied, peeking up at her. "Hold on," he groaned again, shifting to set her on her side before sitting up himself. He reached back to touch the back of his head, wincing at the knot he could already feel forming there. "Ow," he whined softly.

Kiara smiled at his reply, rubbed her forehead as it was warming up. "Got it, I will re-propose after graduation." After that she simply let him move her off him and she was off him, she just laid back on the ground and carefully watched him. "Does it hurt badly?" She was worried about that and it was easy to hear in her voice. But for this moment, she laid on her back and didn't touch him. "I'm sorry," Kia repeated again and bit her lower lip worriedly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back