Today's a new day.

Amy Westwood

OOC First Name
Geraint
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
Amy grinned as she entered the Great Hall she had not long woken up but a look out of the view out of her dorm window was just stunning. It was a bright sunny day and that always brought a smile to the young girls face Today is going to be good. she thought to herself as she walked towards the Ravenclaw table.

Although she was 13 she was still new to the school, having transferred from the UK, and was still slightly unsure of her new environment. Sure her younger brother Donald had been as helpful as possible but she still was finding it slightly difficult to adjust to her new school. It was however nice to finally be reunited with Don, although he was a pain in the backside sometimes, she loved him very dearly and had missed him during their time apart.

The young girl looked around the table to see if Donald had already come down but she couldn't see him. Typical of my brother to be lying in she thought to himself before taking a seat. She hoped that her 12 year old sibling would be joining her soon, she was enjoying the time she was having with him and was happy to have been sorted into the same house has her little brother. Although that also meant that there was no escape from him apart from in the girls' dorm that was. She had a feeling at times that she would be glad that no boys were allowed in there, especially when Donald was on one of his quests to annoy her.

Actually, thinking about it, as she looked up and down the table it did seem rather quiet. Maybe it wasn’t Donald being late but she was early. Amy shrugged, if she was early, she was early it didn't bother her. Besides she knew that Donald would probably be joining her shortly, or at least she hoped he did. The young girl really did want to see her brother before classes and make arrangements to meet up for lunch and the like.

Amy considered carefully about what she could have for breakfast, while a cooked breakfast was rather tempting, she felt that she had to watch her figure so decided to go for cereal, toast with jam and some orange juice. That would be enough to see her through till lunchtime at least. She was bit into her toast and smiled yes, today was going to be a good day

Donald woke up with a yawn and looked at the window. It was, what some people would claim, a nice day, although if Donald was honest with himself he didn't really enjoy sunny weather. Oh well, he would probably spend the majority of the day inside anyway. Getting washed and changed the 12 year old quickly rushed down to the Great Hall, he was feeling very hunger and wanted his breakfast.

The young boy quickly scanned the Ravenclaw table and smiled when he noticed his elder sister was already there. Don had missed Amy a lot the past couple of years and was so glad to be reunited with her; he loved his sister even if he sometimes went out of his way to intentionally annoy her. That is what little brothers were meant to do after all. For now though, he was just happy to be with her and tried to keep annoying her down to the unintentional moments, rather than doing it for his own amusement.

The 12 year old took a seat next to his sister "Morning Amy" he said to her smiling, before looking a bit worried. Actually, thinking about it, why didn't Amy wait for him in the common room? Maybe she wanted to be alone, or didn't love him anymore, or was mad at him? "....urm..Amy, you don't mind me sitting her do you, because I will move if you do. In fact I might move now, I am sorry for disturbing you Amy, I didn't think. Sorry Amy, I hope you are not mad at me, I apologise if you are. Sorry..." the young Ravenclaw started, entering one of his apology fits, as Amy liked to call them.

Don got up to leave when Amy stopped him. Her face was a mixture of concern and amusement. Maybe... he thought to himself ...I over reacted.

Amy smiled when her brother game to sit next to him and was about to answer his question when he went into one of his 'apology fits'. The 13 year old let out a slightly irritated sigh and rolled her eyes. It was a bit too early in the morning for her to be dealing with this, but her brother had an annoying habit of repeated apologising for minor things, even if those things were not at all important. If Amy didn't know any better, she would think that he did it on purpose just to irritate her, however he was like this with everyone. Sadly, it was just the way he was and if Amy was honest she wouldn't change her brother for the world.

The young girl reached out her hand and grabbed Don’s arm, not roughly though. "Stop being silly Don" she said chastising him a bit, before shaking her head. "Of course I am not mad at you, you daft so and so, and I would love for you to sit next to me. The reason why I didn't wait for you at the common room is because I didn't think. It should be me that apologises to you. I am sorry Don; I didn't mean to upset you." she gave him a grin and was glad when he sat down next to continue their breakfast together.

If Amy was honest with herself, she did find Donnie's 'apology fits' rather amusing at times, if irritating. Although she was concerned about why he acted in such a way, their parents were not overly strict to them, and didn't punish either of them unfairly. It just seemed to be an unfortunate personal flaw that Donald had. She made a mental note to try and help him snap out of this in future.

"So...." she gave her little brother a sideways look "...what are your plans for today? What classes do you have? And, more importantly, what shall we do after we finish homework?" the 13 year old gave her brother another smile, she was looking forward to spending time with him. Yea, she had missed Donald so much in the past year or so. It was nice to finally be re-united with her brother. She couldn't help but wonder how long she would feel that way.

Donald grinned sheepishly at his sister and was about to give her a hug, but thought better of it. That would be too embarrassing, for both of them. He knew, deep down, that he was being silly thinking that Amy was made at him just because she didn't wait for him. The thing that he had to remember was that Amy has spent 2 years without him in Hogwarts Scotland, and she was still use at being reunited with him.

Instead the 12 year old sat down by his sister and started to have his breakfast, filling his plate up with 4 sausages, 2 slices of bacon, and 1 runny egg on a piece of toast, as well as some pumpkin juice and a cup of tea. Ignoring the look his sister was now giving him, the young boy tucked into his breakfast.

The 2nd year was glad to have his big sister back, and was enjoying his lunch with her. Although it was a bit odd that most of the other Ravenclaw were not here yet here yet, but then maybe it was just a lazy day for some of them. In any case, it was fine the only person he was really interested in was Amy anyway.

"Well...I got classes, I think it is potions, Charms, History of Magic and..." the 12 year old sighed sadly "...and...Transfiguration" he said soundly bitter. The young boy hated Transfiguration, it was by far his worst lesson. Donnie pondered at his sister's last question, what could they do this afternoon? "Urmm.....we could raid the Kithcens?" he said, with a smile on his face.

Saffron was in a rare state. Her hair was messy, her cloak was uneven and there was an irritated glare in her eyes. Her cat had escaped from the common room and was running about on it's own and Saffron was running after it. She had no clue what had scared the little ball of fluff into running away seeing as it was normally a calm cat, laying about as if it owned the common room even if it was little bigger than a grown person's hand. It was early, early enough for Saffron to scold the thing for being such nusence and put it back in the common room if she caught it soon. She darted across the entrance hall, pushing past those that where heading in for breakfast. Her eyes where sharp enough that she would be able to keep track of the small cat which she could see was becoming more and more frightened by all the noise and feet.

The black and white cat ran around all of the people hardly being noticed until it darted down other the Ravenclaw table. Saffron closed her eyes and put two fingers on the bridge of her nose. She tapped a boy on the should er who was talking to someone that seemed to be related to him judging by the facial structure. "Would you mind if I get down under the table, I seems my cat has decided that it wants to be difficult today." She said her voice flat but with the barest hint of irritation in her tone. She ran a hand through her forest green hair in an attempt to flatten it before she had to go up to class. She might as well get some semblance of the perfect appearance that she usually presented when class was at hand.

As the 12 year old was eating his breakfast, he occasionally felt something strange brush against his ankles, something furry. At first he thought it might be his sister playing tricks on him, but then she wasn't the prankster type. Amy was way too serious to pull off pranks. Maybe it was one of the other Ravenclaw, but there were so few about that it didn't seem that likely. Perhaps it was a ghost, or maybe it was some kind of strange creature that had gotten loose in the castle, and it was going to attack them!!

The young boy decided to investigate; he stuck his head underneath the table and looked around but he couldn't see anything. With a small shrug he returned to his breakfast. Whatever it was, it seemed to have gone now. At least, that is what Donnie thought, however there it was again. Was it in his imagination? Or maybe there was something wrong with him, maybe he would have to go and see the school nurse and explain this strange sensation that he was experiencing in his legs.

So deep in his concerns was Donald jumped out of his skin when Saffron tapped him on his shoulder, and almost choked on the sausage he was eating. His sister shot him an amused look, he ignored it. Instead the 2nd year looked at the girl who tapped him on the shoulder. She appeared to be a Slytherin, with green hair, which Don actually thought was pretty cool. Also, she was apparently looking for a wayward cat.

The Ravenclaw grinned at her, partly out of embarrassment of being terrified out of his wits by a tap on the shoulder, but mostly out of relief that it must have been the cat he was feeling rubbing his legs. "Of course you can" he said to her, matter of factly, before getting out of his seat to let her under. "I think I have felt it rubbing my legs just a short while ago" he added, trying to be helpful to her, although how helpful he was being he wasn't entirely sure. "Be careful under there though...don't bump your head"

The barest hint of a smile appeared on the corners of Saffron's mouth when she saw that she had startled the boy. She was sure that he wasn't observant enough notice it though. Hardly anyone was. "I don't doubt it. He's probably forgotten just how much trouble he's caused me this morning already." She said. Saffron ducked under the table when the boy moved and sure enough there was her cat still breathing harshly but looking for the most part smug in the fact that he had made Saffron run so hard so early in the morning. Saffron may have been slender but she hated running most of all preferring to do stretches and dueling practice for exercise. The young slytherin reached out and gathered her cat in her arms. Repzion didn't struggle seeming to know that further struggle would just get it in more trouble.

The green head emerged from the table first then the rest of the first year. She looked at the boy and gave him a quick nod. "Thank you. And Repzion apologizes for scaring you." She said totally serious in what she said. The cat in her arms gave a soft meow seeming to want to prove that his owner was not totally off her rocker. She probably had lived with her cousin Erica too long who swore up and down that she could hear the animals talk. Either way she thought it better to offer the boy her hand to offset the aqward statement she just said. "I'm Saffron."

Donald watched this, what he found, slightly weird girl as she ducked under the table. If he was honest he didn't know quite what to make of this girl, she seemed nice, even though she was a Slytherin (but then, they did get a rather bad rap), but a little strange perhaps. Then again, Donnie didn't mind that, after all he could be weird himself at times.

The 12 year old grinned when Saffron said that the cat was apologising, but was slightly surprised when the cat meowed in what seemed to be confirmation. Maybe this girl wasn't totally weird after all. "I am glad heard it." he said in reference to the cat apologising, before accepting Saffron's hand "I am Donald, Donald Westwood. I like your cat by the way, he looks very nice." the 2nd year was about stroke the cat, but thought better off. Despite liking cats, he didn't fancy getting scratched.

"Also, I liked your hair too, it is kinda cool" he said ever so slightly socially awkwardly. Although he liked her hair style, he didn't think that he would be adopting it himself, the 2nd year liked having spiky gelled up hair. Amy cleared her throat a bit, wanting to be introduced to Donnie's new friend. The youth took the hint "Oh...by the way, this is my sister, Amy Westwood."

Saffron gave Donald's hand a good shake then looked at the up at the older girl and gave her a nod. "A pleasure." She said in her normal flat drone. The boy and his sister some of the nicer sort that she had met at Hogwarts so far. She had taken a dive into the other side and found that she cared not either or though some people did make for more pleasant conversation. "Possibly far too nice. He's meant to be a fearsome beast. Honestly would you be scared of this?" Saffron said holding out the kitten that barely came out of the edges of her hands. The kitten gave Donald a large eyed stare.

Saffron tucked the kitten back into her right arm and blew one of the strands of forest green hair out of her face. "Thanks. I thought it suited me well enough. Like you're spikes suit your face and over all manor." She said looking him up and down. It wasn't often she talked to the upper years. Then again it wasn't often that she talked to any of peers preferring the shelter of her studies. Still these two where from the Ravenclaw House, the home of the intelligent or so she had been lead to believe by the constant tattering behind her back.

Glancing at her watch Saffron saw that if she delivered her cat she was going to be late so she saw she had not choice but clear out one of her books and let him ride in her book bag. She tucked her book under her arm then turned back to Donald and Amy "What year are you two in?" She asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back