OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
10 inch knotted rigid Ash with a Hippogryff feather core
Amaya wished she could have just stayed at home. Not being able to dance with Kace, arguing with Abian, she was just... feeling especially alone lately. She wandered down to the lake and began skipping stones. She wanted to be home. No, scratch that, she wanted to be at sea. The breeze in her hair, the smell of salt water filling her lungs. She skipped the stone in her hand a bit harder than she meant to, watching it arc out over the water before dropping into the water with a splash. She sighed and sank down to sit, pulling her legs to her chest and resting her arms on them.

When Diana was bored, she sometimes liked to take a walk. At least interesting things seemed to happen sometimes out on the grounds, and it beat staying in the common room by herself. The girl had put on a warm coat and a scarf, as it was still pretty cold outside. She would just wander by the lake a bit, then return. But when she approached the lake, Diana spotted a girl sitting by herself near the water. That was kind of sad, and Diana wondered who it was. Maybe a girl who had just suffered through a breakup? She definitely seemed sad. Nosy as ever, Diana approached cautiously. As she drew near, she realized she recognized the girl as Sapphire's cousin. Diana's eyebrows raised. "Tough day?" She asked the girl, leaning down a little to look at her.

Amaya glanced up as someone spoke, looking away again. It was just Diana Holland, one of her cousins' friends and daughter of the minister. She shrugged. "I can handle tough days," She replied, watching the water. "It's when it just keeps dragging out that it gets to me." She sighed, running a hand through her hair. "What are you doing out here, Diana?"

Diana frowned as the girl looked away from her, crossing her arms in front of herself. She rolled her eyes when she said something about being able to handle tough days, the girl couldn't see it anyway. "Right." She said, unfolding her arms again to flick her hair back. "So what's this thing that keeps dragging out? Boy trouble?" She asked, trying to think of what else could be making a girl so upset. She was pretty sure she was right. "I'm just taking a walk." She said, then gestured to her new purple pea coat. "I have cute winter clothes, would be a shame to let them go to a waste by just sitting inside all the time." She said simply, smiling. "Maybe I could give you advice. I've had my own share of boy trouble."

Amaya sighed. "We're teenagers. Isn't it always boy trouble?" She complained lightly. She glanced up at Diana as she gestured to her clothes. "Well, they are cute," She conceded, looking back out over the water. "Too bad your sense of style hasn't rubbed off on my cousin, she seems to think that all colors resort to black," She teased Sapphire lightly, sighing as Diana offered to help. "There's nothing to be done about it," She stated simply. "I was stupid and fell for a younger boy."

Diana smiled a little. "It was an easy guess." She admitted. Her smile grew at the compliment about her clothes, and she preened a little. "Thank you, glad someone appreciates it." She laughed softly at the way she teased her cousin, but didn't go on about it. It felt disloyal to make fun of her friend, even in a light way. She frowned a little at the girl's dramatic words. "So? Who cares if he's younger?" She asked, frowning a bit. "My sister's dating a younger boy too, I get the feeling your year doesn't have a very good selection." She added, thinking of Alice's ex boyfriend. "If that's what's holding you back, or if you're afraid others will judge you, just stop being dramatic and ask him out." She said firmly. "Do what you want."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back