To a friend

Lisa Boatwood

Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Lisa was making a second trip to the Owlery in as many days. The climb will do me good, she mused as she climbed up the steep tower. She had promised her friend Jasmin that she would send her a letter as soon as she got Sorted, but with all the chaos of getting used to the school, it had completely dropped her mind.

Armed with a quill and parchment, Lisa had written:

Dear Jasmin,

I would have written sooner, except that I've been quite busy lately, what with moving in and stuff, you know, stuff like that. But it's here now, don't worry!

The Sorting went really well, and you were right - I was Sorted into Ravenclaw! I'm really chuffed about it, to be perfectly honest. My friend, Taylor Marks, was Sorted into Gryffindor; but then again, that was always pretty obvious. I've met quite a few people in my House already; nearly all of them are girls, which will be...interesting, I suppose.

I've gotten a wond, too! It's wood is Lignum Vatae - must look that up, actually! - it's 16 inches long, with essence of Dragon's Whisker. The witch in the shop said it was good for Charms and stuff, which is a good thing, because I'm really looking forward to Charms.

I'll visit when I can, okay?
Hope you and Kira are well,
Lisa.

Strapping the letter to a tawny owl's leg, Lisa hoped Jasmin would reply quickly. She brought the owl to the window and, with a slight pressure on her arm, it took off in the direction of Brightstone Villiage, where Jasmin lived.

Jasmin was lounging around her sisters shop, Gambol and Japes. The place was quiet again, the school term had started which meant no more students were able to visit the Village. Flicking through a book Jasmin heard a soft tap on the window, looking up she saw an owl. Walking over she let it in and saw a letter, addressed to her, attached to its leg. Excitedly Jasmin opened the letter. It was from Lisa. Jasmin quickly got some more parchment, a quill and some ink and began to write.
Dear Lisa,

No worries! I'm surprised you even bothered to write, I know how busy you're going to be, I'm just happy you did.

YAY! I knew you were going to get into Ravenclaw, I'm so smart, maybe I would have gotten into Ravenclaw too lol. Aw, I'm really happy for you, I know how much you wanted to get into Ravenclaw, they gained a great housemate.

I don't think I know a Taylor Marks, but if she's your friend I'm sure she's a great person. Wow, is there a lack of boys?? Any you like yet?? What is everyone like?? OK, I'll stop with all the questions, sorry.

OMG a wand!?! Well I suppose that's obvious :p Was it an easy choice or did it take a while to
choose you? I'm sure you're going to ace Charms, from what Kira said, it's one of the best subjects. When do classes start?

I hope you can visit soon, maybe I could meet Taylor too, the more friends the better.
Hear from you soon,
Jasmin xx

When Jasmin finished her letter she attached the piece of parchment back on to the owls leg and asked it to give the letter to Lisa Boatwood. She watched as the owl flew off to Hogwarts and waited for a reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back