Tiredness does crazy things to you

Harri sighed and looked up at her, "I'm quite good at distantance actually," she joked feebily. "Look Alex..." she began before trailing off. "I jsut...." she repeated her cheeks reddening again. As she looked at him, her face puzzled. She wanted to tell him but she knew he didnt feel the same, and was it worth ruining a good friendship for something she felt? But it felt too strong, surely one day it would burst out of her? She slid to the floor adn sighed, "I..."

Alex listened to Harri, staying silent so she could just say what she was obviously having troubles with. 'Harri. you can tell me you know. You haven't done anything stupid have you?'he asked conufused. Why did girls have to be so complicated? he thought annoyingly. he balanced on the balls of his feet as he knelt down in front of her, waiting and smiling encouragingly.

"No, nothing stupid," Harri said shaking her head and laughing feebily. She looked at him as he knelt infront of her, "Alex," she said taking a deep breath. "Your probably think I'm an idiot, but...." she took a deep breath and buried her face in his jumper which she was wearing, "I like you," came the muffled replie and she felt her cheeks flood.

Alex smiled as she said he'd probably think her an idiot. 'As usual'he commented before seeing her hide in his jumper. He frowned confused. 'I like you too silly. Actually, I do think your an idiot now. Even I could work out that we're good friends by now' Alex said joking on the idiot part. He sighed before smoothing his face.

Harri sighed before coming up from the inside of her jumper, "No Alex. PLease dont make this harder then it already is," she said shaking her head embaressedly. "I like you like that but," she paused, "Jesus you really love to embaress me dont you?" she said laughing feebily, "In a ," she gulped, "More then friends way," seh said burying her head once more.

Alex listening becoming confused again. 'COurse I love to embarrass you' he answered before getting what she was saying. 'Oh, that way'he said thinking. Why was it always his close freinds who found ways to complicate everything. Was that all they hanged around with him for? It seemed like that with Nina. he sighed before looking round. 'Well, I don't see what you want me to do about it, Harri.'Alex said confused. He rolled his shoulders uneasy now. He didn't want to get into another situation. He didn't want to ruin it with Harri too. 'I think you probably know how I feel about this stuff'

"I know I know," Harri said her voice clogged. "Oh gosh im such an idiot,"she siad shaking her head and getting up from the floor. "Sorry," she mumbled, "Sorry," she began running away, but her legs were like jelly she could barely walk but she kept on. "I know I know," she kept muttering as she stumbled away urging her legs to run.

Alex watched as Harri started to get up off the floor as started to running. Not as big an idiot as I am, Alex thought as he got his senses back. He stood up and started running after her. 'Harri'Alex said. 'Your not an idiot. I was joking. I'm sorry'he apologized as he caught up with her, jogging beside her.

"Alex, please don't try and make me feel better," Harri sighed, her voice trembling as much as her legs. "I am an idiot, i always mess up everything good in my life," she stammered carrying on running, "Your practically my best friend and I just..." she couldnt continue for her throat was clogeed, she couldnt bring herself to say 'lost you' it was too painful.

Alex sighed before making her stop. He turned her round. 'Harri. For one, I'm not trying to make you feel better. Two. You do not always mess everything up. Three. Stop blaming yourself or I will cast a cheering charm on you whether you like it or not' Alex said, seriously. 'We're still friends if that's what you're meaning Harri, unless of course, you don't want to be but still.'Alex replied a bit more gently.

Harri jerked to a stop and looked up at Alex, her eyes were brimming with tears as she nodded gently.
"I do mess everything up," she said stubbornly, biting her lip to stop her voice from crackiong and her tears from spilling.
She smiled wobbly as Alex said they were still friends, her throat completely clogged now she could feel the tears escaping her eyes. she slunk to the floor furiously wiping them away.

Alex sighed, as she continued being stubborn. 'Don't cry.'Alex said, summoning a tissue and handing it to her. 'I don't want my jumper all tear stained'he joked, smiling. 'Exhilaro' he casted on her, before sticking his tongue out at her.

Harri took the tissue from Alex and dabbed her eyes, "I'm a mess," she said shaking her head.
"No Alex why did you do that?" she groaned as he cast a cheering charm on her, seconds later she felt elation. She stood up and grinned happily and soppily.

'I did warn you.'Alex replied putting his hands up innocently. 'Now, don't we feel bright as a button?'he asked smiling. Looking round, he bit his lip wondering if he should of done that or not. 'Do you still want to go to umm wherever you were going before?'Alex asked her, hoping she wasn't mad at him.

Harri grinned and nodded, her eyes glazed in an almost trance like state under the spell.
"Erm, I cant remember where i was going," she said giggling, clearly not herself. "But I think I'll stay now," she said the smile still lingering, though a weird embaressed pain in her eyes.

Alex looked at HArri, with a confused look. It wasn't like her to be like that. Maybe my spell went completely stupid as usual. He thought, smiling. 'Cool'he said before just logically thinking there was going to be a counter spell to exhilaro. 'Finite'he casted on her, thinking it would work. He put his wand away, whether it was going to work or not.

Harri felt the care-free atmosphere leave her body, she shook her head as if it rid the last of it and shoved Alex embaressed "Why did you do that?" she asked, the feeling of pure embaressment set upon her as she looked down at her shoes, kicking some debry on the floor.

Alex let her shove him without stopping her. 'Did what?'Alex said even more annoyed with himself though he didn't show it. He deserved it after all. 'I thought you didn't want the spell anymore,'Alex told her, not understanding why she was embarassed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back