Tiredness does crazy things to you

Alex Cullen

Wand
Rowan Wood 12"1/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
Alex had been wandering tiredly round, not even taking in his surroundings till he found himself in the dungeons. He hadn't been in any places like this on his own since Haden's death and there was a good reason. Everything here scared him when he didn't have something to distract his mind with. He looked at the walls as he walked finding everthing reminding him of his first encounter with his brother. He recoiled from sound of someone's footsteps he heard and tried to remind himself it's just somebody, not Haden. Calming himself, he let his fingers trace along the stone work as he walked along the dungeons, loving the rough feel against his fingers.

Footsteps echoeing, heart pounding, head rushing. And the biggest grin on her face.
Harri found herself in the dungeons without even realising how she had got there, she had just completed her daily run and it had been her personal best by a long shot. The fact that the dungeons were cold, dark and damp couldn't even effect her mood.
As she found herself deeper into the dungeons she paused as she heard someone elses footsteps, her breath quickened for a moment as she walked slowly closer, "Alex," she breathed, relaxing at once. She smiled at him and bounded over, "Hey there Mr," she said happily, giving him a hug. "What are you doing venturing down here?" she asked curiously.

Alex heard his name said quietly and a shiver ran down his spine before he was welcomed by Harri as he turned. 'Hey there miss.'he replied, glad of the company. 'Umm, I don't know. I just ended up here'he said, shrugging. 'You?'

Harri raised her eyebrows "Are you okay?" she asked. "Oh same really, just wondering around," she said brightly. She smiled once more at Alex, her eyes flicking eagerly across his face before she turned her attention to the cold brick walls, "Its freezing down here dont you think?"she asked rubbing her bare arms.

Alex laughed at her question. 'Course, why wouldn't I be?'Alex answered, smiling. At least, that is if you weren't here five minutes ago. He watched as Harri seemed really hyper. 'Are you ok? You seem like really hyper today?'he voiced before chuckling at her statement. 'I wonder why it's always you who finds it cold' he joked before pulling off his large hoodie and slipping it over her without saying anything.

Harri raised her eytebrows slightly but nodded, "just checking," she said smiling gently.
Harri laughed, "Well I beat my personal best running time, so I'm in a good mood today," she siad happily. She was about to protest as he slipped his jumper over her, "Thanks," she said happily, feeling warmer now and smiling at his smell on the hoodie. "It's cause I always come out in just a t-shirt even though its mid winter," she said rolling her eyes, so it probably wasnt common sense but she always felt warm when she was leaving the common room. "So what you been up to?" she asked, pulling her hands inside the cuff od the hoodie.

Alex chuckled. 'Well done you. SO did I, except it was yesterday. I haven't been out yet today' Alex replied smiling. 'Not much really. Life and the non-sacred word of homework' Alex joked pulling a shocked face on for the homework as a humor extra. 'And what the gnome been up to? I hope nobody's been trying to squish you' Alex joked ruffling up her hair.

Harri grinned, "Well congrats to you," she said laughing. "Well that doesn't sound very interesting," she said frowning, "You need to get out more," she joked winking.
"Hey," she said, pouting for a second as he referred to her as a 'gnome'. "No, no-ones tried to squish me," she siad poking her tongue out and attempting to reorganise her hair. "Just been hanging about really. My best friend Ellies back, so got a lot of catching up to do," she said happily, a grin slapped on her face. She caught herself staring at Alex and averted her eyes quickly, making her hair fall infront of her face to block the blush. She looked down at her shuffling converses and wondered how it was that when they were speaking it was fine, she rarely embaressed herself. But in the silences she always managed to keep blushing and acting stupid, which was kind of an awkward thing to do, she continued to look down as if her shoes were the most intersting thing in the world.

Alex laughed as Harri rebutted his joke before wondering who Ellie was. he was expecting her to go on but she didn't. He noticed she was looking at her shoes now. He silently mouthed ok before laughing. 'Well, this is boring' he commented smiling. 'I don't see you in like 3 days and nobody squished you since. What is the world becoming too?' he joked smiling.

Harri looked up as Alex said this was boring, "Oh shush it you. Your not actually making conversation are you," she joked poking her tongue out at him. "Why would someone squish me anyway, Im not that small," she said laughing and dragging his arm so he started walking.
"I like your hair by the way. Its great," she said ruffling it a bit and thinkign he looked really stunnign now.

Alex shrugged. She did have a point. He started walking with Harri. 'I know but your so annoying. They might do it in their temper' Alex joked. 'Aww ta. And so does yours, specially after my finishing touch was added' He added smiling, referring to when he messed it up.

Harri laughed, "I'm not that annoyin," she siad, "Am I?" she asked, tilting her head to the side as she skipped a few steps infront of him and began walking backwards.
"Yeah its finally getting long," she siad happily. "When did you get yours done?" she asked, curiously.

Alex smiled. 'Course not' Alex replied in sarcastic tone, sticking his tongue out at her. 'You growing it long again?'he asked surprised. He had thought she suited her hair short like she had. 'Umm, in the holidays?'he said trying to remember.

Harri grinned, "Yeah I think so," she said, "And then I'ma get it cut really short," she said laughing and thinking this would probably suit her best. She liked her hair to change alot.
"Well it looks great," she siad grinning, "I didn't know you were a blonde," she said winking at him and laughing. "Is that your natural colour?" she asked with a grin.

Alex laughed as she told him what she was planning. 'Ok' he said rolling his eyes. 'Yeah, I was always a blonde. Didn't you know that?'Alex said sarcastically before getting what she was meaning. 'Hey,'he objected before starting to chase after her playfully.

Harri punched Alex's arm playfully as he rolled his eyes at her. As he began to chase her she ran away fast, much faster then she had previously been able to run away from him. "You'll never catch me," she shouted laughing as her feet pounded the floor.

Alex laughed as Harri started saying he wasn't gonna catch her. 'Sure, sure' he replied smiling. She wasn't joking about beating her record anyway. he thought as he quickly started to catch up with her.

Harri laughed, momentirlly slowing her down. She could almost feel Alex now and so she sped up again, twisting around the corners of the dungeon.

Alex noticed Harri sped up a bit and skidded round the corners easily. He sprinted before being right behind Harri. 'Got ya' he said, taking her wrist to make her stop. 'I see you're still not as fast as me yet' He teased playfully.

Harri jerked slightly as he caught hold of her wrists, "Ah man and I thought I finally might be able to beat you," she said laughing, "Still it was better then before," she said, her skin tingling slightly at her touch. "But I will be faster then you one day, believe me," she said softly laughing.

Alex smiled. 'Course you will'Alex agreed before messing up her hair. 'When I'm dead and gone and you're still being your old annoying self' Alex joked smugly.

"hey," Harri protested as he messed up her hair again, "No one day, I'll beat you fair and square," she said messing up his hair.

'hey' Alex protested back as she messed up his hair.He sorted it before rolling his eyes at her. 'You' he stated smiling before tickling her.

Harri giggled as Alex tickled her, "Alex," she said squirming away as best she could. She smiled up at him in between giggles and felt the strongest urge to kiss him, her cheeks flooded with colour and she buried she head into his chest to hide it. Her heart was beating furiously in her chest as she hoped he hadnt noticed.

Alex smiled as he continued tickling before her cheeks suddenly went red. He became confused, wondering what it was. He stopped tickling her before messing up her hair. 'What's wrong?'he asked smiling. 'You looked like you ran the 1500 metres'he joked, trying to lighten the atmosphere a bit..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back