Tired of Waiting

Boston Adams

OOC First Name
Lovi
Wand
Curly 12 Inch Flexible Cedar Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Boston Adams was bored. How could Kris sit in this useless place for so long? She was getting antsy. He knew that she hated the library, but he had guilt tripped her into coming. She had not seen that one coming, especially from Kris. They had been perfectly save in that forest. Boston was sure the centaur would not hurt them. Honestly, she was expecting a rabbit or something so she could rub it into Kris's face that he got scared over nothing. Now, she was in this stupid library watching Kris read a stupid book. He would occasionally ask her questions, but she would turn her head in absolute disgust. How dare he bring her here. This was far more worst than the forest could ever be.

Kris was finding his plan to bring Boston to the library going downhill. He hadn't realized how bored she got so quickly, and this was turning into a disaster. But still it was fun to watch.

He turned to a particular boring chapter of his book and read out loud. "Professor Koniphorous Swamp is a vegemagus, an extremely rare type of magical person who can turn into a plant. As a result of this unusual ability, Prof. Swamp has devoted her career to the investigation of the biology of magic. Transfiguration in particular." He trailed off at the look on Bostons face, and closed the book. "I'm sorry if I don't want to go rushing back to the forest, but a centaur nearly trampled me, and then we got caught. Also we don't know any magic between us, so we can't go back."

Kris turned red at his angry outburst and then muttered his apologies to Boston. He'd never really gotten angry before and that was the first time he'd ever gotten angry at his friends. It wasn't even really at Boston, he was more angry at himself that he'd been scared by a Horse-Man.

Boston did not hear Kris start talking about veggies. He, clearly, had no life if he thought this stuff was interesting. But, as soon as she heard him start speaking in a tone she did not like she stood up. Who did this boy think he was? Boston had not heard his apology, and she hit him on the back of his head with her fist. "That centaur was nowhere close to you, Kris! Maybe we wouldn't have gotten if you weren't such a wuss!" she yelled down at him. She did not care who he was angry at. He knew of her temper, for he had been there when she blatantly stated her dislike for the professor that caught them. She did not deserve to get yelled by the person that just followed her along. For all she knew, he could have left a trail for the professor! Boston was not in a good state of mind. Being around all of these different people made her more emotional. She did not know how to deal with her own emotions. How could she deal with his?

Kris' head throbbed with pain. Man that girl hit hard. He looked up with slight tears in his eyes as he realized that the afternoon had taken a turn for the worse. He tried thinking of a way to even this out, as he usually had to, but couldn't think of a way to one, prove himself to Boston and two, stop her from yelling or she'd get them kicked out from the library, which Kris assumed would be Boston's next plan. "Look Boston," he said slightly wincing as she had hit hard, "I'm sorry for getting angry, and you're right, I am a wuss." He said in a low voice, looking around as he admitted the truth and fear to Boston. "I don't wanna be a wuss, I want to be brave." He knew in his mind that Boston telling him her plan, was basically an Invite, as she had trouble being around people, but he had followed her of his own accord, and it was possibly his fault for getting caught.

Boston soon regretted her actions. Kris was one of the only people she liked in this school, and now he was tearing up. The girl took her seat and brought the boy close for a hug. He spoke a small apology. He was not the one that was supposed to be apologizing. It was supposed to be her. She lost her temper too easily, and she was not going to lose the only friend she had at this school. "I am sorry. I shouldn't have called you a wuss, even if it is true." she attempted to apologize. Boston never had to apology for something before, so this was new to her. She was an only child that did not have to worry about siblings taking her things or bullying her. Boston sighed and began to pet Kris's hair. "You are no Gryffindor. We are in Hufflepuff for a reason, because we are the strongest." she spoke gently. Those that worked the hardest went through the most struggles. They would always have things thrown in their way, and they would have to get up again. Boston had already faced the hardships of being a Puff. People thought that they were incapable of doing something proper with their life. They were teased and taken advantage of. To be a Hufflepuff, you had to get pushed down so that you could get back up even stronger. Persistence was what this house had.

He smiled at Boston's attempt of an apology and hug. But the words still lingered in the air. He was a wuss. Admittedly Boston was his only friend in his house, and his only friend who was a girl and he didn't want to ruin their friendship by shouting like an idiot. He didn't even know why that happened. He'd just gotten pi*sy for no reason and now they were both feeling bad for each other. It was evident that Boston hadn't much experience in the whole comforting area, from the whole petting but she was actually doing a good job. He felt somewhat better when she spoke. She was right, there was a reason they were in hufflepuff, because we are the most Persistent, Loyal and True, although not always friendly. "Thank's Boston."
<i>
</i>

After a few moments, Boston let go Kris, and she stood up. It was time to get out of this library. She wanted to go and see the giant squid. She heard that there was one, and she had to check it out. Maybe it was edible. She loved all types of seafood. One of her mothers was Asian, so she got all of the delicacies of the sea. "We have been in here long enough! Let's go!" she ordered. Kris was easy to lead. She liked that. But, Boston was just not used to having her way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back