Tired Eyes

Artemis Tuuri

Artemis yawned to herself as she stared out of the open window to the ground. The wind roared through the tower in the middle of the night, and she shivered in her long white nightie.
It would be so easy to leave Hogwarts from one of these windows, she thought. I'd just step on the broomstick I don't have, speed towards the moon past the enchantments I couldn't break in a million years, and land in the village where my brother is that I don't know about. she thought despairingly.

Tired, dreamy thoughts drifted into her head.
Where would she go if she ran.
How could she find a bed to sleep in.
She'd have to steal a school broom.

Artemis sighed, burying her head into her arms. Slowly, she lifted her head again. Darting to the opposite window, she stared over to the Forbidden Forest. There was a way.
Artemis bit her lip silently and stared harder into the soft mist surrounding the edge. In the light of the moon, the forbidden forest was a black void, darker even than the Lake itself. Obviously she could not go through the forest directly. Nor could she fly over it. She'd be spotted immediately, even if the spells and charms didn't stop her first. How far could she really get?
Frowning, Artemis puzzled over the problem. She was sneaking out of Hogwarts for a night. Not tonight.
But sod it all... thought Artemis. How?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back