Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony 15" Essense of Phoenix Talon
Jaken walked down Brightstone Village. He had left a note in the Great Hall to Estrella to meet him here. Although, he didn't leave a store's name, considering he hasn't been down this way before. He stood by the entrance, and waited patiently. He wore his dark blue jean and a black shirt. He didn't have his hair tied back, and the wind felt nice to him. He smiled, thinking how great today would be. He hoped that nothing would ruin it, and he did need some time with his girlfriend. With all the chaos and such, he regretted not spending much time with her.

Estrella had scurried to get ready when she received Jaken's note. She had been looking for any excuse to get out of the school lately. The Ravenclaw girl was long due for a break from studying, as it was all she did lately. Slipping into some comfortable clothes she took the path to Brightstone Village, tapping her side every so often to make sure her wand was still in her pocket. You could never be too careful lately. Brightstone should be relatively secure, but she figured she would rather be safe than sorry.

She grinned as she picked out Jaken, standing by the doorway. He wasn't too hard to find in a crowd, not with the red hair anyway. Moving up to him swiftly, she gave him a quick hug and a peck on the cheek, pulling back with a warm smile on her face. "Hey there," she greeted, "Nice day, huh?" With OWLs approaching and thoughts of Alicia's kidnapping looming behind her she had not been able to spend much time with her boyfriend lately.

Jaken saw his girlfriend coming his way. He loved her greeting and gave her a quick hug as well. "It is now." He remembered the coming OWLs, but he decided not to let that bother him. He glanced around Brightstone Village. "So, where to? I don't know much about this place. Never bothered to come here." He laughed quietly. He noticed the sky, and saw how much of a beautiful day it was. He didn't really want to spend it inside a shop.

Estrella pulled back after Jaken gave her a quick hug, smiling broadly. She was quite flattered. "You've never been here? Well, there's plenty of places to shop," she started, "And also a few pubs, and a haunted mansion, the Borely if you've ever heard of it." A few students had gotten killed there, she wondered if the place was infamous by now. "Or, we could just walk around if we wanted." The Ravenclaw girl gave her boyfriend an encouraging smile, having not much of an idea where to go to.

Jaken smiled warmly at her. "Nope. Never taken the time to." He listened to her. His adventurous side kicked in when she mentioned the Borely Mansion. He had heard a few things about it, including some deaths. However, he didn't want his or her life to end short. He shook his head to the idea. He had enough things threatening his well being, and didn't want Estrella to get harmed in the making. "Let's just walk around. I was thinking about the Borely Mansion, and well... Let's not go there." He smiled at her.

Estrella returned Jaken's smile with an equal amount of warmth. "Well, maybe we could walk around for a bit and then get something to drink?" It was still a bit chilly out, but she was glad that spring was upon them. She couldn't wait for all the slush and frigidity to disappear. She grinned. "Good idea. I'm not- too keen on the Borely myself." No surprise there. Her friend had gotten murdered there, and she had had too many unpleasant experiences there for her liking. Frowning a bit, she forced a smile. She took his arm, wondering where they would walk to. She didn't feel awkward around him anymore, at least, not being seen as a couple.

Jaken pulled a bottle of water out of his back pocket. He winked, "I got myself covered. It's weird, but I never go around anywhere without water." He grinned, knowing it would be a bit weird, being around a health freak for her. Jaken muttered under his breath, "I don't need another thing after my life." He hoped she didn't hear. He recalled his discovery on his father. "A walk sounds pleasant." He noticed her taking his arm, and grinned. He didn't know how to be a good boyfriend, but as long as they take it slow, everything seems to be doing well. He wasn't used to the couple stuff, but he seems to be getting the hang of it.

Estrella cocked her head to the side. "Really? Why don't you like sweet stuff?" She had never gotten to personally know someone who seriously watched their health. Most of the people she knew were relatively healthy, of course, but they were never afraid to dig into sweets. She hoped that she was not being too imposing.

She raised an eyebrow as Jaken muttered something, looking down. She had heard what he had said but she figured she didn't want to comment on it. The Ravenclaw girl could have misheard him, anyways.

She held on gently to his arm as they strolled down the sidewalk, passing shops and people that seemed just as eager to enjoy their day. "It's pretty out," she commented, "I am going to be so glad when the cold is gone." She herself was shivering in her winter robes, although she should probably have brought an extra layer with her.

Jaken shrugged, "They never appealed to me. Candy, cake, all the sweet stuff just doesn't taste very good to me. But every now and then, I treat myself to something sour. Sour treats, I mean." He laughed. "That is just the type of person I am." He flashed her another smile.

Jaken noticed her raise her eyebrow. He cursed himself in his mind for muttering that. He hoped that she misheard him. Last thing he needs is his girlfriend to be teriified of his father.

He laughed at the Ravenclaw girl, "Don't tell me you are cold. It feels great out here." He himself wore short sleeves. I can summon my jacket if you wish." He wondered how on earth people could be cold, but then, he reminded himself of where he was from. He asked her, "If you get too cold, would you like to go inside one of these places?"

Estrella laughed. "I think you're the only person I know that would say that!" She giggled. "I don't mind sour stuff every once in a while, but I'd never go sucking on a lemon or anything." She found it odd that Jaken didn't like sweet things, but hell, everyone was different.

She decided to brush aside his muttering, grinning back at him. "I am always cold. But I am alright, I suppose. You don't need to summon anything." She clung closer to him for warmth, hoping he wouldn't mind. Grinning, she replied, "It doesn't matter to me either way. I could use a butterbeer, though."

Jaken teased, "Sucking on lemons are the best!" He laughed. "Actually, even I don't do that. The muggle candy, like sour gummy worms, are my favorite treat." Jaken then found himself wanting some. Jaken smiled, "I am unique, unless it comes to family."

Jaken laughed, "Now, always being cold is odd." Jaken pulled out his wand, "Are you sure? It would be an easy task for me." He was excellent in Charms, and summoning his things to himself. He noticed her clinging closer to him. He smiled to himself. He wrinkled his nose in thought of a butterbeer. He nodded, "Okay, where are they sold at and we could go there."

Estrella grimaced. "That is just too much. And I think gummy worms are sweet, in a way." Grinning at Jaken, she laughed. "Now, I could really go for a sour apple of some sort..." She looked up with a smirk. "Is your whole family like that?"

She shrugged. "And you'd think I wouldn't be, considering I grew up in a rather cold state." Shaking her head, she stated, "It's not necessary, I'll get over it. And you're warm enough anyways." Laughing, she pointed to the nearest place down the street. "The Hog's Head is right here. Not the nicest place of course, but it's definitely the place for privacy." Grinning, she wondered what he would say to that.

Jaken nodded, "The sweetest treat I can have." He laughed. He didn't really like sour apples, but he smiled at her nonetheless. "Yeah. All of them, except Alessine. She is the only exception. She hates health foods."

Jaken laughed, "I know. You surprise me, being cold all the time." Jaken smirked, "I'm warm enough?" He snickered. He saw the Hog's Head, and shrugged, "Okay, if you want." He smiled at her. He wouldn't mind privacy, but he hoped that nothing bad would happen.

((Okay, is this the end, or should one of us start a thread in Hog's Head?))

(I already did! :D)

"Wow, it sounds like I'd get along with her already," Estrella laughed jokingly, grinning warmly at her boyfriend. "Yes, you're warm enough," she laughed, following him into the pub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back