time to think

Kirsty Cassidy

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
Kirsty needed time to think so ran down to the lake. When she got there no one was there, she took a seat and re-read the letter that her dad had sent her. She couldnt believe what it said, a tear rolled down her cheek. She tried to hold it back but couldnt. What if he doesnt get better, then what am i supposed to do. Kirsty thought to herself. She had already lost her mum and didnt want to lose her dad as well.

Patricia had decided to have a stroll along the lake as it was such a lovely day. Along the way she saw a first year girl that she recognised from some of her classes, she seemed to be crying, so Patricia went over to see if she was OK.

"Hey, Kirsty isn't it? Are you alright?"

Kirsty looked up to see Patricia. " Im fine. " She said lying. She hated showing any signs of weakness so smiled.

Kyle was walking along the lake and seen Kirsty crying. He went over and sat beside her. " Hey, you ok." He asked.

" Fine." Kirsty said then attempted a smile.

Kyle knew that she was just attempting a smile and looked at her." Look, I know when somethings not right." He said

"Are you sure you're fine you don't look it." Patricia said, with an unsure look on her face.

Seeing a new boy join them Patricia introduced herself, "Hey I'm Patricia, Patricia Rogers. First Year Hufflepuff." Patricia said with her hand out.

" Fine, Ive just found out my dad could die within a week." Kirsty said. She could feel tears building up in her eyes but held them back.

Kyle turned to the girl called Patricia and smiled. "Im Kyle Smith." He said then shook her hand.

He turned back to Kirsty. " Im sure he'll be ok." Kyle said then smiled.

" But what if hes not, then what do i do, my mum's dead." Kirsty said then couldnt help but cry.

Patricia couldn't believe what she just heard, she would be devastated if she just found out her dad was going to die, and her mum was already dead.

Rubbing Kirsty's back Patricia said, "Don't worry everything will turn out fine, just you see."

Kirsty smiled at Kyle and Patricia. " Thanks." She said then wiped away her tears.

After a few minutes of silence Patricia said something without thinking, "Do you want to talk about it." Patricia wished she sisn't say it, bit it was out in the open now.

Kirsty handed Patricia the letter so she could read it.
Dear Kirsty,
I wanted to tell you this earlier but decided to wait until you were settled in first. I dont want you to get worried but i have been in hospital and i might have to stay there for a while. Your brother John has been sent to live with your Auntie, so he is fine. If anything happens to me, I want you to know that its not your fault but i will be fine, so dont worry.

Love Dad x

Patricia took the letter from Kirsty's hands, and started to read it.

As Patricia read the letter she started to well up a bit, but it was bad enough that Kirsty was crying, Patricia didn't want to make it was worse by her starting to cry also.

Handing the letter back to Kirsty, Patricia took a deep breath and said, "Don't worry, I'm sure everything will be OK. Is he in St. Mungo's or a muggle hospital?"

She took the letter back off Patricia and put it in her pocket. " I think hes in a hospital back in Glasgow." She said then tried to fake a smile.

" No, but i guess he didnt have the strengh to travel over here." She said.

" I hope so." Kirsty said sighing.

" Sure." Kirsty said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back