OOC First Name
Tamara
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Curved 10 Inch Flexible Elm Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
The time at Hogwarts seemed to go a lot faster than it was going outside the castle. The holiday had just started and Elly was in need of some new Quidditch supplies. Ravenclaw had won the most games this year and Elly her keeper outfit was showing tears here and there. Elly had made a list at home of things she needed to get to start the next year in a proper outfit. Although shopping was fun, she already missed her friends at Hogwarts. Although she knew Sophie was probably coming over, she still had to miss the others. Last year she had been so busy with the lessons and Quidditch that she hadn't spend enough time with her friends. Not that she neglected them, but she did miss them in some situations.

Elly was walking over Obsidian Harbour alone. Her dad had to work once again and it was odd to take her dad with her. He was what they called a muggle, calling her dad a muggle didn't feel nice. Somehow the word Muggle sounded like a bad thing. Thinking about everything she needed to go Elly walked towards the Quidditch Supply Store. Hopefully they stocked enough Ravenclaw items. Somehow the sport wasn't as popular under Ravenclaws, which was understandable. They got their fun from learning new things, not flying on a broom. When Elly walked inside the store a familiar face greeted her.

Although Geo had a number of things to look forward to during the holidays, she was feeling quite upset. She'd done her best not to show it over the last week or so, but it caused her to be walking around Obsidian Harbour by her self for some much needed thinking time. She'd learnt a lot in her second year, and not just from her classes, and she figured her approaching third year would be even more difficult. Thanking the shop assistant and taking a very large bag full of Hufflepuff clothing, Geo turned to spot someone through the window she recognised approaching the store. She smiled, realising how much she'd missed the company of her Ravenclaw friend. They saw each other in lessons more than anywhere else these days, and Geo realised she'd neglected her other friends while spending much of it recently with Jess.

As Elly approached the door of the Quidditch Supply Store, Geo pulled open the door just in time to greet her as she stepped inside. She didn't need to say anything, instead the Hufflepuff dropped her bag to the floor and flung herself forward, her arms wrapping round the shoulders of her best friend. Elly was on the team, so it was no surprise she'd want to come in here, but she had thought she was leaving with Sophie over the holidays and thought they wouldn't have had time to catch up beforehand. "I've missed you" Geo stated, still in a tight embrace.

''I missed you to Geo'' Elly muttered while being held in a tight hug. Elly had met Geo before Hogwarts, when Elly spend her holiday with her mother in England. It seemed like yesterday, but that moment was already two years ago. ''How are you?'' Elly asked, with a large smile on her face. She had actually genuinely missed Geo. When Elly looked down she saw that Geo had put a large bag filled with Quidditch supplies on the ground. ''Did you just buy the store out?'' Elly paused ''Or did you leave something to buy for me?'' Elly giggled and smiled broadly. Not that she could do anything with Hufflepuff supplies.

Elly wondered were Geo got the money from, didn't she say she used to live at an Orphanage. The thought of Geo robbing a wizarding bank made her smile, she knew Geo could be naughty sometimes. ''I was just thinking about spending more time with my friends in the coming year.'' Elly muttered a bit ashamed. ''I have been putting all my time in Quidditch and school and I really missed you and the group.'' Although they had played Quidditch together last year, they still weren't as much together as she wanted to be. Elly needed her friends to feel at home and Hogwarts was her home.

''Do you have any plans in the holiday?'' Elly didn't even know what Geo was going to do this holiday, what kind of friend was she. She definitely needed to make more time for her friends this year.

Geo pulled back from their hug, letting the poor girl breath again. She didn't really want to answer how she was doing, with that either being a vague generic answer or the truth that she wasn't doing so well. Instead she just shrugged, and looked down to the bag on the floor. "I only bought the supporting clothes" She laughed, glad for a change of subject. Geo wasn't on the team and had no need for anything asides from things that showed her house dedication. She nodded when Elly mentioned they needed to spend more time together with the group. "I've barely seen anyone this year" she admitted, knowing that since she and Jess had got together, it had either been just them or Geo was out exploring and meeting new people. Even Vil, with whom she shared a dormitory, she'd not gotten the chance to speak to properly for a while. She wanted to talk to Elly, to tell her everything that had happened, but she didn't know if she was too busy. "Do you have time now?" She asked. They could always come back to the Quidditch shop later, and Geo could show her the Broom cleaning kit she'd found. "I'm leaving in a couple of days with Sara. She lives near to Brighton so it will be nice to go back to England for a few weeks" she said with a smile. "I thought you would have left with Sophie by now?" she asked, hoping she wasn't in any rush to get her flying supplies.

Somehow Geo had shrugged of her question and Elly wondered if something had happened. Not wanting to ask more about it in front of a busy store she left the topic for now. When Geo said she only bought supporting clothes Elly was reminded of the fact that Geo wasn't on the team. She had completely forget that fact since Geo could play like a maniac. ''I secretly forgot you weren't on the team, you play like a pro you now.'' Elly smiled and hoped she would try out for the team this year.

Elly nodded when Geo said she barely had seen anyone this year. It was true for Elly as well. Of course she was aware of the major things that happened, but she had no clue what everyone was up to. ''For you I have every second to spare'' Elly smiled and looked at Geo. Even if she did have plans Geo was one of her more important friends. Geo her holiday plans sounded awesome, but she wondered why she wasn't was going to Jess. Weren't they in a relationship, still not wanting to ask anything in front of a busy shop Elly decided to wait for a more appropriate moment.

''That sounds lovely Geo and Sara is indeed fun to be around with.'' Elly smiled and was secretly glad she didn't have to go to England this year. Her dad had moved to a house with a fireplace so she could use the floo powder network to get to her mom. Going by plane each time took a long time and Elly was glad she didn't have to anymore. With a fireplace her friends could come over easily and that meant she could spend more time with them. ''Nah, Sophie is going to come to my dad and me'' Elly did say her dad because it seemed more responsible, but her dad was barely ever home during the holidays. The hospital was always understaffed and they needed her dad to take over more shifts. ''And it is only for a couple of days, I can't keep Sophie away from her family either'' Elly winked, she wasn't going to kidnap her friend. Elly pointed to a more quiet spot and hoped Geo would follow her so they could finally make up for their lost time.

Geo smiled, knowing that if she were on the team it would be difficult for her to spread the news around like wild fire. This year she wasn't going to be "too busy", and would find the time to tryout, regardless of whether she made it nor if it made her year more complicated. "You say that now. If I get on the team then you do realise we will be playing opposite positions" She giggled at the idea of trying to score against her friend. They'd practised together though and she knew she would have a challenge ahead of her if it ever came to that. "Not that you'd let me score of course" she smiled, retrieving her bag that she'd dumped just moments before. She stepped forward and out into the street, linking arms with her best friend as she pointed out a direction they could take.

She was glad to hear that Sophie and Elly had become good friends. At the start of their first year Sophie hadn't spoken to many people at all, and it seemed that that was through choice. The fact that she was beginning to open up made the Hufflepuff wonder whether she was starting to follow in Ambers footsteps a little more. She couldn't imagine the sisters ever being similar but she was pleased for Soph nonetheless. Elly had always been outgoing and she was the perfect friend to counter-act their Ravenclaw companion.

As they approached a coffee house, Geo nodded for her friend to enter. If it was nice weather they could've sat outside, but it was almost winter and was becoming bitterly cold. Taking a seat near the window to wait to be serve, Geo asked the Ravenclaw "Have you decided on what Electives to take next year?", curious to know if they'd share classes together again. "At least next year the houses are combined, and we can work with the others too" She smiled. Up until now they'd been separated and Geo and Elly only shared two subjects together. Having her classes with all her friends was going to be amazing.

Competitive wasn't a thing that Elly was. If Geo would score she would be happy for her as well. Wasn't that something that friends did for each other. ''Oh, If you would score I would be incredibly happy for you as well.'' It was true although Elly was the keeper and wouldn't let Geo score out of friendship, she would be happy if she did. ''You would need to score fair and square, no freebies even if you are my best friend.'' Elly giggled and winked. Geo linked her arm in hers and then they went to walk towards a coffee house.

The coffee house was warm and cozy. The weather had turned from nicely warm to a bit chilly with an icy wind. Geo picked a seat near the window and Elly started outside. ''Uh, I probably take all and then I can decide which one are worth doing.'' In Elly her mind it sounded smart, but it sounded a bit obsessive ''What about you?'' Geo would probably pick all, she was sure of that.

Elly hadn't even thought of the fact that they were going to have joined lessons with all the houses together. The full IC together in one class that would be amazing. ''I am so looking forward to that'' Elly said excitingly. ''Lucky you, you can sit next to Jess for all lessons now'' Elly stuck her tongue out and laughed. ''Elijah is gone for me, we kind of grew apart and I finally realised why he isn't the one for me'' Elly secretly wished someone would show up and could refill that role again, but she wasn't searching. She was only twelve, which meant enough time left to find the one.

Elizabeth was fair, but Geo didn't doubt that the Ravenclaw wouldn't go easy on her if they were ever to play a game against one another. Nevertheless it would be fun to face off against her best friends, and she would enjoying putting Elly through the tests, the Hufflepuff's competitive streak showing through. Geo pulled off the gloves that had been keeping her hands warm, stuffing them quickly into the pockets of her jacket. She nodded, it would make sense not to take all the subject if they weren't needed. In all honestly Geo didn't need to take them all either, but similarly she wanted to at least give them all a go, to make sure she picked subjects she would find most interesting. "I want to do them all, although I think Ancient Runes will be the most interesting of the new classes" she smiled. It was likely her favourite lesson would remain to be Charms, or Defence Against the Dark Arts, but while she didn't care for animals nor muggles, she could see herself being more swayed in the direction of rune reading.

Geo's face fell at the mention of Jess. Obviously no one had told Elly yet, not that she'd expected her to know since it was only recent news, and besides the pair had been busy with the end of year exams. Geo listened as she brought up Elijah, the Ravenclaw boy Geo had run into before they'd even been sorted at Hogwarts and had barely spoken a word to since. Although she'd seen Elly with him on a few occasions, she hadn't known they were close. "What happened?" She asked, glad for the brief moment spare to figure out how she was going to tell her best friend about her ex. It wasn't long before a waitress took their order, and realising that her appetite had recently been lacking, she was looking forward to eating something substantial. "Jess and I. We're not.." Geo wavered, trying to get the words out. It wasn't that it made her upset, if anything she was quite relieved to not be the Gryffindors girlfriend anymore. She loved Jess but she wasn't the right partner for her. "We broke up. Well, I broke up with her. It was quite sad actually.." there, she'd said it. She hoped Elly wouldn't judge her for doing so, and making their mutual friend unhappy.

When Geo talked about doing all electives Elly smiled. The answer didn't shock her at all, Geo was a type that would do all electives. She was also pretty good at all the classes they had at Hogwarts. ''Ancient runes will be great, I am rooting for care of the magical creatures'' Elly paused ''Magical animals intrigue me.'' It was going to be hard to have all electives and quidditch on the side, but Elly was going to try. Muggles studies wasn't something she was going to like, but she wanted to try it out anyway.

''Elijah just didn't replied to the messages I left and he ignored me.'' Elly sounded sad, she had really liked him. ''I think he got scared after kissing me'' After the kiss he hadn't really talked to her anymore and they only saw each other in classes. In class he never bothered to say anything or even sit next to her, it was so weird.

When Geo talked about Jess and she heard the sadness in her voice Elly knew enough. ''Awh, what happened Geo?'' When Elly blurted her question out, she started to think about it. What if Geo didn't want to talk about it and now she felt pressured to do so. That definitely wasn't what she wanted. ''If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to'' Elly paused ''Only when you are ready for it.'' Elly would never think worse of her friends over what they did with their love life. She only hated cheating. With her parents being in a horrible divorce and the fact that the love was gone Elly understood what it meant when people said the love was gone.

Geo raised her eyebrows when Elly mentioned Elijah's behaviour. It was very strange and she wasn't able to say anything that she thought would be of any use, but that didn't stop the Hufflepuff reaching across the table to give her hand a reassuring squeeze. "One day you will find someone who appreciates you just as you are!" She said with a smile. Anyone would be lucky to be with her best friend, and she didn't want her to have to "settle" for anyone that didn't treat her the way she deserved.

By the time the Ravenclaw asked about Geo, she gave a shrug in response. It wasn't that she didn't want to talk about it, but she wasn't sure how to since they were both friends with Jess. "I think we're just better as friends" she said honestly. When she'd told the youngest Cade the very same thing she hadn't taken it all that well, and Geo knew next time they saw one another things were going to be a little tense for a while. It wasn't as though she could keep pretending she was completely happy, and after all she was only thirteen, and no doubt others would come her way.

She smiled at the idea of Elly enjoying Care of Magical Creatures. Of course she would. It seemed that the subjects Geo found most difficult were Elly's favourite, probably due to her mature and protective nature. "Well if you work like you do in Herbology, I'd say you'd be top of the class with no problem" she said, digging in to her foo as it arrived. She hadn't really realised how hungry she was until it was there in front of her. Both girls were going to have a lot on their educational plate this year and Geo didn't want that to drive a rift between them again. "Pinky promise we'll keep practising flying? Even if I don't make the team?" She asked, holding out her hand with her smallest finger in the air. At the very least they could combine their work with play during their common interest.

When Geo squeezed her hand reassuringly Elly was happy she had Geo as a friend. ''I hope so'' Elly muttered. She was still young and there were a lot of years left to get herself a boyfriend. Not that she needed one, she had a lot of friends that loved her. Elly was picky and didn't want the first random guy she met.

When Geo talked about Jess Elly listened. She nodded and shot Geo a reassuring smile. ''You can't force love, if that works better it is the right decision.'' Somehow it did sound like she was an expert at love, which she totally wasn't. Geo had probably already had more boy and girlfriends in her life than Elly had. Her total number was one at the moment.

''Maybe the animals hate me and want to murder me in the first lesson'' Although Elly was good at Herbology, she had no clue if that would be the same in COMC. She didn't like all animals, she didn't like horses and maybe there were magical horses as well. Their order arrived and Elly dug in. She was hungry and hadn't even started shopping yet. ''Pinky Promise with a cherry on top'' Elly linked her pinky into Geo her pinky. ''I need the challenge I get from playing against my best friend'' Elly giggled and sipped her drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back