Time Capsule

Leia Evans

OOC First Name
Elphaba
Wand
Myrtle Wand, 15 1/2", Tail of Charmed Newt
It was nearing the end of Leia Evans' first year and although the beginning of her first year had gone great, she had to admit that her second semester was rather slow yet extremely fast at the same time. She hadn't seen any of her Ravenclaw best friends in so long the words 'best friends' even seemed foreign to her. Subconsciously she knew she was avoiding them after this whole weird thing with Noah and Kaleb Styx happened. Leia had been silly in falling for a jerk like Kaleb, and she seriously underestimated the power of her Veela blood. She had been avoiding Noah all year because she had convinced herself that he didn't like her like he said he did, he only thought he liked her because her of her Veela blood. Her mother had tried to warn her that it was much powerful than she could control it, but Leia hadn't listened and now she was paying for it with solitude.

Still, despite all that, Leia had made a goal for herself at the beginning of the year to write herself a letter, include a few first year momentos, and bury them somewhere on the Hogwarts Grounds where she wouldn't be allowed to dig it up until the end of her seventh year. Wearing a green shirt with a grey sweater over and dark blue jeans, Leia walked out of her common room with a small tin box containing a letter she wrote and just a few things. Leia hugged herself as the air was quickly getting colder as she walked over to the great lawn, looking for a spot to bury her box. Finally she saw a beautiful tree she'd climbed before and sat down at the foot of it, and opened her box to see what was in it one last time. Leia pulled out her letter and unfolded it so she could read it in her twelve year old handwriting.

Dear Older Leia,

Well, I hope you're excited about graduating! Writing this it seems like graduation is a million years away...Do you know what you want to do with your...our life yet? I really liked Charms class in first year, do you still like it? Did you pass all your O.W.L.s and N.E.W.T.s? Will you even remember that you buried this box in six years?
Did you ever get better at surfing? How is mom, and dad? Do they have partners now? Is Victoria magic too? Does she go to Hogwarts? What House is she in? Did Hufflepuff ever win the House cup while you were in it? Did you ever become Prefect? Did I grow the guts to try out for the Quidditch team?
Is Noah Esquire still our best friend? What bout Emma Meminger and Oscar Edwards? Do they still go to that school? I hope so...I hope even if you're not best friends anymore that you still tried to keep in touch with them from time to time. Did Sam go on to be a professional Quidditch player? Did our band become famous?! Do you still even play the guitar? Does mom know, did she get mad? Do I still wear flowers in my hair? Do we still have Shadow? I hope so!
Alright, enough with the questions...I guess I'll tell you a little about myself..in case you can't remember so far back..
My name is Leia Lucia Evans, I'm currently twelve years old and a first year Hufflepuff. I was born and raised in Manhattan, New York with my mom Leonor Evans who is a famous fashion designer. Currently I live with my dad, Javier Evans, in Sydney, Australia which I love so much. Dad works in the Transportation Department in the Australian Ministry of Magic, and I love to visit Bondi Beach as often as I can! He is teaching me how to surf and right now I'm just a beginner, but I can proudly say I've ridden more than one wave correctly! I love to surf, and being in Australia has taught me that I belong at the beach, not some cold city like New York. Sydney is more my home than New York ever was. I am half-Veela and so are both of my parents, though they aren't together. Currently neither of them have partners but Dad does have another daughter, Victoria, who is only about 7 or 8 right now. I haven't talked to her much, but she seems nice. I hope to live in Australia forever! I'm just a beach girl at heart.
I love to wear flowers in my hair, all kinds of flowers, in headbands, or just braiding them in, they're just so pretty! Does mom approve of what I wear yet? Or does she still tell me my hair looks better down and that I should never cut it or straighten it? Is she..oh wait! Sorry, no more questions, just telling you about younger you...My three best friends are the ones mentioned above, and Sam Prince is a good friend too. Kaleb Styx was this guy I fell for during my first year, but he ended up not really liking me at all, there were so many warnings from everyone (even this horrible 'Gossip Girl' who printed out everyone's gossip in a magazine this year!) but I hadn't listened so I got my heartbroken on Yule Ball night. Right now I'm ignoring Noah Esquire because he thinks he likes me but I told him he doesn't because it's just my Veela blood making him think he likes me, so he doesn't! But even though I'm ignoring him he's still my best friend and I hope we can get over his idiotic crush soon. All my friends so far are Ravenclaws, so I hope to make more in other houses throughout the years. Which brings me to my next topic...goals!
I'm going to write down a list of goals I'd like to accomplish by seventh year.
1) Grow the guts to at least try out for the Quidditch team, bonus points if I make it!
2) Get insanely good at surfing!
3) Get closer to Victoria (dad's wishes, though I don't really mind)
4) Do better in classes to help Hufflepuff win the cup
5) Cut my hair short one of these days! Shock mom!
6) Get better at the guitar and help our band do good!
7) Get an O in Charms and more in other classes wouldn't hurt either
8) Prefect?
9) Perform in a play
10) Fall in love

Right...well...I tend to ramble a lot to people I'm comfortable with, and since future me would be reading this I know I'd be comfortable with myself...I guess this shall be it for now... I hope future me isn't embarrassed by silly, naive, younger me - you gotta understand I was just twelve! I hope things are good for me in the future!
Until 2028...

Sincerely,
Younger Leia
Leia laughed lightly to herself at her silly letter, wondering if the future her would find it amusing. She carefully folded the parchment back up carefully and put it back in the tin box before shuffling around in there looking at the other items she had.

After setting the letter to herself aside, Leia pulled out the things she had in the tin box to give them a last look. First she pulled out some Hello Kitty guitar picks, given to her by her father. When she'd first received them during Christmas break as a Christmas gift, Leia had burst out laughing at the sight of them. Her father knew she was very much into playing the guitar, especially after she'd bought her own acoustic guitar in Brightstone and joined a band at school, so in an attempt to show he supported her, he went out to buy something for her guitar, and came across the Hello Kitty guitar picks. Truthfully he had no idea if his daughter liked 'Hello Kitty' but the stores salesman had said that every girl did, so Javier had bought them for his twelve year old daughter thinking that a girlish touch to the guitar picks would be perfect for Leia. After seeing and hearing her laugh on Christmas it was clear she wasn't a fan of Hello Kitty as much as the salesman said she would be.

Still, Leia had decided to use the picks, if only just to please her father, and now two of them seemed completely worn out. She had really come to find that they had a good grip and she played very well with them. Leia ran her thumb over the imprint of the Hello Kitty, smiling to herself, before she threw them back in the tin box with her letter.

Next in the tin box were two pictures of her and her dog, Shadow. It was 'given to her by her mother' but Leia really knew her mother's assistant's had gotten it for her, even thought of the idea, because they saw she was so lonely in New York.

vanessahudgens107.jpg

vanessahudgens104.jpg
Leia kissed the pictures of her dog lightly before putting them back in the tin box. She had considered making copoies of the pictures, but it would've defeated the purpose of saving them in her time capsule if she had extras lying around.

Next in her homemade time capsule were 20 galleons and a note pinned to the small bag in which the coins were in.

Hey Leia, in case you're dead broke by 2028, here's 20 galleons. Or if you saved your money like you should've, knock yourself out with these 20. xoxo
Next in her time capsule were somethings that Leia had almost decided not to include, the issues of the Gossip Magazine. She didn't want to put them in there just because they were horrible and it wasn't as if she liked them--but she told herself that in her seventh year she'd find them funny and it'd be a memory of her very first year at Hogwarts. And also, the horrid girl behind the magazines would be gone from Hogwarts by Leia's seventh year so it's not like Leia saving them would be a 'tribute' to her or anything. If she still hated them she would gladly set them in flames when she saw them, because by her seventh year she was sure she'd know how to set things on fire.
Issue 1, Issue 2, Issue 3, Issue 4, Last Issue

Since Leia always liked to put flowers in her hair, she decided to make a small book of all the flowers she'd picked and worn from the garden here at Hogwarts. The Hufflepuff girl calmly flipped through the pages of the book, careful not to touch the delicate flowers and landed upon her favorite arrangement of flowers. She had worn these on the day she was supposed to meet Kaleb for a date and he'd stood her up. Still that didn't stop her from thinking they were beautiful, and the way she had braided them into her hair so intricately, just made her appreciate throwing them into her time capsule.

Lining the walls of her tin box was a beautiful scarf that her mother had custom-made and designed. Pinned to it was a small note that said:

Leia, I'm finding this hard to keep in the time capsule, but it's for our own good. If mom knows I stole it, she'd kill me! So hopefully in six years when you're free to wear it again, she'll have gotten over it!
Leia giggled to herself, wondering what she'd think about herself in six years, and reached for the next thing in her tin box, a pang of sadness in her heart as she lifted it. It was a small gold guitar charm that used to hang on the charm bracelet she wore around her tiny wrist now. The charm bracelet Noah had given her for her birthday, right before he had asked her to the Yule Ball and things had just gone downhill from there. She wanted to keep the charm forever on the beautiful bracelet, but in case she ended up losing the charm bracelet for some ghastly reason, she still wanted there to be a part of it somewhere safe.

Last but not least, were two books for Leia to read at the end of her seventh year. The books had been magically enchanted to fit into the small tin box, and tapped inside the first book was the counterspell to make them grow back to their normal size. She hoped that when she opened up her time capsule she'd be able to perform the charm properly by then. The two books Leia had purchased and packed into her time capsule were Oh The Places You'll Go, by Dr. Suess (wiki link) and The Bell Jar, by Sylvia Plath (wiki link).

She'd heard that Oh The Places You'll Go was supposed to be very inspiring for graduates of school despite its 'childish' appearance, so she hoped that if her future self seemed to be discouraged by school or feeling hopeless, that this book would help her out in that time when inspiration was needed.
The Bell Jar was thrown in there because it was a book her father liked to read, though when she had asked him to explain it to her he said she wasn't old enough to understand or comprehend it complexity, so she hoped that in six years she would've been 'old enough' to understand it by then.

Leia sighed softly to herself after going through everything in her time capsule. The Hufflepuff girl slowly arranged and re-arranged the items over and over in her tin box, before finally putting the lid on it and it sealed itself shut with magic. Leia smiled softly and began digging a hole with her bare hands not caring that others were watching. She continued to dig with determination written all over her face and once she felt the hole was way deep enough, Leia carefully leaned in and placed her time capsule at the bottom whispering "I'll see you in six years!" into the hole, before beginning to dig it back up.

[I couldn't let all your hard work go to waste ^_^ Its a really good idea btw :cool: ]

Sam was in his dorm, the sun was shining and typically he was behind on things. He didn't really see how that was possible since the term had just begun, but it was Sam afterall. Classes and assignments just did not work for him. Unable to take anymore he slammed his textbook shut and shoved it under his bed hoping that he would just forget about it. Year by year things started to get tougher, he really should have listened from day one.

Without a second glance or a second thought Sam hurried out of his dorm. He strolled casually along the corridors not really knowing where he was going but he liked it that way. Many thoughts were rushing through his head, Quidditch, Toni, school stress. He was stressing about Quidditch because he really wanted to make the team this year, he wanted to become a professional player someday which meant he had to be on the house team. So many people were trying out this year, many older students too, which narrowed his chances even more. He was thinking about Toni, well because he always thought about her, but he wondered why he hadn't seen her in so long. Probably because she is studying he thought stubbornly, which lead to his next thought. School. How was it that he was no longer then a couple of weeks back and he already had these problems?

Sam walked through the school grounds wearing a t-shirt and brown combat trousers. He hoped that he would be able to forget about these thoughts, at least for a little while. Of coarse when he entered his dorm again they would all rush back. Just then Sam spotted a girl..digging? Sam didn't really question it and continued to walk. His blue eyes slipped over to her the odd time and as he got closer, he realized she was none other then Leia? What was Leia doing digging? Sam walked a few steps closer to her and said loud enough so she would hear him, "I don't think you're meant to dig holes?" A small smirk slipped onto his lips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back