Time Away From Hogwarts

Tichondrius Illitharis

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
I figured I'd write this up to kind of explain Ti's upbringing, so that it'd make more sense. Think of it as a back story of sorts, a prologue to his current chapter of life.
----------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1
Genesis

Tichondrius leaned back against the trunk of the tree. Having spent so long wearing his Hogwarts robes, his current garb of white silk shirt, jeans and a black jacket seemed ... weird. Shrugging, he whistled loudly, tunelessly. Above him, a red-tailed hawk circled, looking for prey. He saw it dip one wing down slightly. 'So ... still nothing ...' he mused. Yawning, he shifted himself to get comfortable, checked that the strap holding the starlight scope and modified rifle was still tight, closed his eyes, and slept instantly.

He dreamt.

"Sleep quickly, my young warrior. The sooner you can find sleep, the more restful you will be," his father said, even as he rocked the toddler to sleep. The toddler coo'd, clutching his father's finger as he fell asleep.

"Sleep light; as light as the feather. The lighter you sleep, the more aware you will be," his mother said fondly, kissing the sleep rumpled hair of the four year old. "But mommy, why must I be aware all the time?" he asked, ever questioning, ever wanting to know. She smiled at him. "Life is not so kind as us, my dear child. You must always be on your guard, against friend and foe. Sleep is our most needed thing; it also makes us very vulnerable. And I don't want to spend twenty minutes waking you up for school," she laughed. "So sleep light, and always stay aware."

"Sleep light ... and always stay aware ..."

He woke.

Tichondrius' eyes snapped open instantly, hand sweeping out to grab the scoped rifle. Clicking his mic, he whispered, "Target sighted, leaving airport.Target is in a blue 2006 Honda Civic. The vehicle is now leaving the airport." Static crackled; then a gravelly voice replied, "Roger that. Initiate rellocation at once." Tichondrius clicked the mic twice in acknowledgement and slipped down the tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back