Thump in the middle of the Night

Ashton Winters

Wand
Ebony and Willow 11'inch w/ family Signature Essence of Bloodline and Phoenix Tears
Frantics whisper were heard when Ashton sat in the back of the cab. Just hours ago he had lost his mothers and four siblings to a horrible accident. The fire had claim his entire family and now he was being shift to someone he hardly ever knew. He had suspected his father had been seeing someone besides his mother. When they spoke of extended family members; Ashton hadn't a clue who to turn to. It was than a letter was found and they stuff him into the cab. He was on his way to his oldest sister home, confused, angry, and sadden by today events. When the social workers pull up by the curb, Ashton came out without hesitation. For one the cab stink and for seconds, he dreaded social workers.

He walk up towards the house and rang the bell. The two social workers stood at his side, only he lean away from them. He probably wouldn't be the one doing all the talking tonight. No for once someone else will be, Ashton sighed again. Moments later, the doors open.

Leah stretched, feeling the morning sun cover her entire body. She was finally living alone. Yet, her feelings and emotions on this frequently changed. She sometimes wanted to be alone, yet other times she yearned to have company. Perhaps I need another lover. It had been a while since she had been with a man, and they did offer some sort of security. For a while, until she tired of them.

Leah smirked, wondering who would keep her interests for more than two weeks, when suddenly a knock at the door was heard. She looked around her apartment for something to wear, and grabbed a pair of shorts and a tank top. Whomever it was, was definitely unwelcome here. She sighed feeling annoyed, and went to answer the door, only to see a few adults and a short male child. "Who the hell are you?"

Ashton eyes nearly pop out of his sockets when he saw the woman standing in front of him. She had resemble so much of his younger sister, except she was a radiant blonde. She always did look like mother. "Ummmm..." Ashton first spoke before the social had done. It was soon interrupted by the adults, again he reminded himself he was no longer home.

"Sorry for the bother Miss, are you Ms. Leah Winters?" spoke the bald headed social worker. He had somewhat of a comb over and was wearing a grey piece suit. He resemble the muggel version of Santa Clause, instead he look all batter up and tatter. He clear his voice again and spoke. "Were looking for a Ms. Winters, we see aware that she lives around here. We would like to speak to her is she not you" he smile after babbling his gums away. He look down at Ashton with pity, than look back up again.

Ashton wince when he heard the social worker speak. He flinch when he saw the pity an his eyes. Just for one day, he was glad he was able to mask away the guilt. For now he was the abounded child, not for long. Ashton look back at Leah, this had to be his sister.

The boy attempted to speak, but the man with the comb over interrupted him and began to speak. "I don't understand." She clearly wasn't in trouble for anything, although for a strange reason she felt like she was. They were not aurors, it seemed.... anyhow, she was not well known at all. "I am Leah Winters. What do you want?" She looked at the boy and studied him, realizing that he must have something to do with why they were here. For some reason he reminded her of her sister Natalie.

Ashton look down, the voices in his head were screaming at him. Little boy look down, look down and hide your secrets... Ashton as he was told, it wasn't his time to talk just yet..He started to hum, Manson was playing in his ears..

"Ah very well Ms. Winters, meet Ashton your brother and his possibly only relative at the moment" the man kept speaking, the skinny woman next to him kept silent but was writing everything down. "This should tell you what you need to know" it was a letter from the ministry and another from the social office. The skinny woman handed over to Leah, a bag instantly appear inside the living room. "We bid you a goodnight Ms. Winters and hopes this wouldn't be much of a bother..." the man tip his hat, while the skinny woman push him Ashton inside. The man tap as his golden watch, the woman nodded. They apparate back to their cab and took off for the night.

Ashton was push inside, never looking up. The voice kept screaming again, he muttered stop. His face growing red, he finally look up and muttered a hello....

As the man spoke, Leah's eyes widened more and more. A #@&%ing brother? What the hell? She was speechless as the two adults immediately left and pushed the boy inside of the apartment. This was to much to take. Way to much to bear. And why the hell was she one being left with the castoff? It was true, that she must be the only blood relative. Natalie and her mother were not blood relatives of him, and so she was the one being punished unfairly.

She slammed the door shut and stood staring daggers at the child. "Where is he?" She meant her father. This had to be the sign she was looking for. The only link to her father. If this boy knew where he was, then she could finally murder the man.

Right away his sister was asking questions he didn't even know, he shook his head. The voice were calm now so he was allow to speak. "If your talking about father...I have no idea..." he was home just a couple days ago. He had made love to his mother and had vanish after that. Ashton always wonder why, but the voice had already told him the truth before he came tonight. His father had been living several life, one of them was being the husband to his now dead mother. "Or else wouldn't I be with him right now? Don't you think..." he said to Leah.

"Don't be a smart ass." Leah snapped. "You're in my hands now, so if you want to live a comfortable life you had better start holding your tongue." She felt angry. This was intolerable, being forced to take care of someone. If they had at least called in advance she could have packed up and been gone early this morning, and that child would be in someone else's home. Perhaps that would have been better for him. In fact, she was unsure if she even wanted to have the boy live with her. "You need to live elsewhere. Do you have anyone else you can stay with? A friend?"

"I'm not I'm just saying..." Ashton look down again. Why don't you kill her to master, it will be easy to kill her to.. Ashton muttered no, than pinch his mouth shut. "I mean no I have no place to go, at least for now..." he sighed sadly. He was distraught for what had happen on his parts of his family death, but what more can he do...If he was the cause of all evil...I'm innocent! The voices...it wasn't me I swear...it wasn't me, it was a man name...Woods..."Please I have no place to go, can you let me stay?" he pleaded without looking up again.

It was such a weird feeling. Pity. Something she hardly felt anymore, something that never had any cause to be felt in her life. The last time she felt pity was for a friend that had been broken hearted by a break up. The feeling did not last long, and she soon forgot it until this moment. Perhaps he could stay for a little while, but eventually he would have to go. She hardly stayed here much, anyway so she would not deal with him to often. "Fine. There is a spare bedroom." She pointed down a small hallway. "On the right. You may put your stuff there for the time being."

Leah sank down onto the couch, many thought were filling up her mind. It was incredibly irritating to hear that her father's cruelty extended to his main family. He abandoned the child just like he had abandoned Harlow and Leah both. Her hatred for him increased ten fold in those few seconds. Now she knew she would kill him. The thought crossed her mind that perhaps William had started the fire that killed the majority of Ashton's family. Could he be that evil?

"Thank you Leah..." Ashton grab his belongings and rush out of the room. He store it away half of it than came back out of his room half an hour later. He had a book in his hand and his stomach was growling. He wasn't tired tonight, who would be after the death of his entire family. He sat down on the couch and let the book slide on his lap. "My mother was married to our father..." he began uneasy. Ashton was clueless at what to say, he felt tears sting his eyes. Don't cry little boy, don't cry master, it will be all over soon when you die... the voices sounded comforting but his tears kept sweeping down his face. He didn't noise his cries, they were silent but it ach his chest...

Ugh. He was crying now. Get over it. She wanted to say. It was this attitude that pushed so many people away, even her own mother and sister could barely stand to be around her. She tried not to let her irritation show on her face. "Oh, really? She wasn't one of his many lovers?" She took a breath. "How old are you?"

The tears kept coming down, however he talk normal to Leah. Like nothing did happen tonight, like his family wasn't just killed an a fire. "No I suspect father was cheating, he didn't stay long...my oldest brother reveal to me one day.." Ashton lie to his sister about that one too. "I'm twelve" he blurted his tears stopping at a instant. "So how many are they? There more?" he ask Leah close to a whispers.

Leah tossed him a box of tissues that happened to be sitting on the coffee table. "Of course he cheated. He was and still is an evil man." She bit the inside of her mouth, feeling very annoyed about the whole situation. At least she had company now, but now that she had it she was unsure if she really wanted it. "I don't know. I only knew him for a short time, and I was only a baby."

He refuse the offer of tissue. He was picky at having something touch his face. He instead recline back into his seat...master don't feel sad..it was all in accident...No it wasn't he respond back to the soothing voices..."I meant do I have more siblings connected to you and me?" he question Leah....If they ask remember to blame it on Link..Woods..remember master..little boy he's an arson! Don't forget if they ask you.... "Sorry but do you have something to eat? Its been days since I last ate anything, I was fasting for a few days..." he ask his sister kindly..

His blatant refusal of the tissue's annoyed her greatly. It was one time where she was at least trying to be helpful, and yet he spurned them. Her pride was to great for someone her size. "I have a sister, Natalie. You and her are not blood relatives. Her father was a filthy muggle." He had abandoned Harlow just like William did, yet this time the man left when the news of pregnancy arose. "I am unsure if you have any other siblings. It's possible with that man, but until they get dropped off at Leah Winter's daycare, I suppose we'll never know."

Suddenly Leah felt a little hungry as well. She had yet to eat this morning, and the thought of food was very appealing. "I have plenty to eat." She got up and went into the kitchen, opening a few cabinets. "I'm a horrid cook, so you'll have to make do with the stuff in the cabinets." She opened a box of pop tarts and pulled one out for herself. "Help yourself."

"No, my brothers and sisters died today...or at least that's what they told me..."Ashton didn't witness their bodies being carried out. But social workers wouldn't have drop him off here if he did had other siblings alive. At least not alone, "Father not bad, I mean yes he did love other woman. Other than that he was fine.." his parents hid it well. They never told their children of their open marriage. Ashton was the only one that knew cause of the voices,...Yes master they are dead, no coming back for them.. Ashton stood up ignoring the voices again. They were getting irritated now, but their soothing voice were contagious. He lead himself to the kitchen and sat down at the table. "So you never had a relationship with him?" Ashton as his sister, he grab for a pot tart. It was about four in the morning now. The cab ride was long, his eyes still didn't hold no sleep. Ashton break through the wrap and started to munch on the tart.

It was sad to hear of Ashton's misfortune. No one should have to go through a death of a parent or a sibling... at least not that young. Luckily, Leah had never went through any of that, and if it did happen she had seperated herself emotionally enough to get through it. "Well, you never know." She commented. A lot of Winters could pop up at anytime. "No. I never knew him. I was a babe when he left. I don't want to know him, I have no desire to meet him." Until the day that I kill him with my own hands, that is. She smirked a little at the thought.

"If he ever appears would you consider to open up to him..." Ashton kept perusing answers from his sister. It stop the voices when he was talking to someone, he could hear them only if they were screaming. "William..possibly misunderstood, or that's what my mother like to put it.." Ashton look down. He felt weird using his father first name. If anything, it made his tongue roll to the side, as the tart kept rolling down by the back of his throat. "Would you like anything to drink?" he ask standing up, if he wanted to live here for longer than she put it he might as well kiss his sister arse. Master the slave boy?....Boy! Do as your told you idiot!..Ashton tap the side of his head, no he commanded the screaming starting on que.

"If he ever appears would you consider to open up to him..."

"Ha!" Leah let out a short bark of laughter. What a question, as if she would dare try to have a relationship with William. He won't be around long enough to reach out to me. "Nay. I don't want anything to do with him." If he did appear, then he'd be forced to take Ashton into custody, him being the father and all. But, was it worth it to allow him to live? Chances are Ashton would be going to Hogwarts soon, or going back to the school so she would have minimal contact with him.
I'd rather have the child live with me rather than that man. Ashton would die if he lived with William. Leah truly believed that William murdered his family to escape them. But why not leave instead? Did his family know something that Harlow didn't?

She pursed her lips pondering this predicament, until the boys voice brought her out of her thoughts. "No, thank you. I have orange juice, and water."

"What were you thinking about?"
Ashton decided to sit back down. He felt hopeless when the voices were quiet. No matter what, the voice were apart of him. Don't worry master were still here, me thinks your sister may let you stay for a while. Why is that? He ask back while staring straight ahead. She not cold hearted as she seems, maybe proud but not cold hearted. Ashton smirk, but that didn't mean much, just because the voices say. Than you can kill her boy..

((Sorry it took me a while to reply, I spent the weekend with my family. ))

He was quiet now. It was a strange silence. Leah stared at him, trying to figure him out, perhaps he was depressed about his family, which was understandable but something about him was definitely off. "Well." She said suddenly, breaking the silence. Not that she minded the silence at all, but this sort of silence was very creepy.

"I need to go to sleep...my head hurts and I feel like I'm about to collapse"Ashton groan in pain. The voice had calm down again, no longer blaring and screaming inside his head. He lean over, and felt the migrant however take part of his face, masking him in deep pain. "Leah...maybe later on we could fetch the rest of my stuff?" he suggested standing now, while he held the side of his head. He could feel his temple throbbing by this point, that was a sign that he should go to bed now. All his emotion and crying head lead him this way. Ashton attempted to look up at his sister, his vision was blurry but he could see the outline of her body perfectly fine.

"Go to sleep then," Leah commanded with authority in her voice. "You know where your room is, and yes. Tomorrow or the next day we'll get the rest of your things. I don't want you lacking when you're under my roof." She watched him curiously, deciding that he wasn't all bad...just a little sad.

"That's fine with me"he nodded once and disappear back into the hallways. He was to tired to muster up a goodnight, when in fact it was still morning. Walking into his newly found room, Ashton crash as soon as he felt the bed press against his leg. Night master, may your dream carry you faraway from these parts... Go to sleep boy, and don't let the bed bugs bite... As he drifted off to sleep he heard the laughter of a manic being. His eyes never open again till the next morning.

Shall we continue up to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back