Three Years Later (Andy)

Brian Getathorn XIX

OOC First Name
Brian
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Brian entered the Trophy room and stared at them with grim defeat, boldly three years ago he had declared that him and Andromeda would be better than these people and yet here he stood, not a single trophy to his name. Brian didn't care too much about the trophies or what they meant. It was just the feeling of failure that seemed to stung him recently. Not just failure to earn house points but in almost everything he'd been doing. Andromeda was more active and Zazuka seemed to be spending less and less time with Andrew which made him feel better but still, something wasn't right and Brian didn't know how to fix it. It was a bad feeling that he didn't enjoy having especially since he was usually good at fixing things.

Brian decided to sit down with his back to the trophy case and think about what his Grandfather would say, despite it being a long time since his Grandfather's death he was still the best person to turn to for advice. Brian thought about his grades... "Grades are nothing but fancy letters, You know what your worth!" is what his Grandfather would've said about his grades. Thinking about Trophies.... "Trophy's are only important to those that win them". Brian smirked his grandfather definately would've said that... about his friends... "How would you feel without them? Now go Tell Them" Brian frowned slightly at this last thought... how did he feel about his friends? Brian had never really giving it deep thought, it was always simple Andromeda and Zazuka had always been his friends... but still things lately seemed differenet.

Andromeda wandered down the hall to the trophy room, finding it almost a place of refuge lately as the Gryffindor common room was over run by disruptive first years. She could never remember being that loud or hyper but figured she must have been. Now, well now she had more sullen days than anything else, now she was less hyper and more weary. She had made great improvements over the Christmas break, so much so that many were commenting on it around the school. Andy was just thrilled to be spending time with Zuka and Brian again, she had missed them both very much and knew shutting herself away from them hadn't helped her any bit at all.

She strolled into the trophy room and walked directly to the one case that she always went to, the quidditch house cup. She had always hoped to see her name on this, even remembered a time when herself and Brian had thought their names would be on some of the trophies by the end of their first year but nothing had come of that. They had spent much of that year arguing about silly petty things. She leant her head against the cool glass and sighed.

Why was everything so complicated all the time? Zuka was busy most of the time with Andrew and Andy certainly wouldn't begrudge her that and if Andy could she'd call upon Ravenclaw house to get Brian to wander about with her or just get up to mischief like they used to. But she couldn't and being alone with Brian wasn't always the best thing for her. In all the time she had been away, it was her memories of Zuka and Brian that had held her together. More so her memories of Brian. Another sigh escaped her.
"Why do we have to grow up?" she couldn't bare the feelings that welled up inside her sometimes and more times than not lately, craved the nights she was a werewolf just to tear something asunder. Turning as if to leave, something caught her eye on the ground and when she went to have a look could only grin.

"Figures" she smiled as she sat down beside Brian, "What are you up to?"

Brian was deep in thought trying to sort out how he thought about his friends, it didn't seem right to say they were just friends. They were more than that...Zazuka had always been someone he could turn to when he really needed to talk to someone, the case was normally during the times he was argueing with Andromeda. She'd always stayed neutral during those times and Brian really liked that about her, except she had decided to date Andrew which Brian couldn't figure out for the life of him, why anyone would want to date somebody from the evil house Brian would never know. Brian could never see himself with anyone from Slytherin, he never even talked with someone from that house. Zazuka was more passive and for some reason when Brian was around her he always felt like she needed him and that's always a good feeling.

When he thought about Andromeda... they had so many memories. They had met on the trained and seemed to be together all the time since. They'd argued many times over little things but had some great times as well. She had always enjoyed flying and was always up for a mission, Brian had always admired her strength though had to admit he always regretted that she was in Gryffindor and not Ravenclaw. Andromeda had always been there when Brian wanted to have a good time but then suddenly all that changed... after her incident and then being shipped off to another school... Andromeda seemed like a different person now someone that at times Brian wasn't sure he recognised, despite that she was still the same Andromeda. Brian could see that, he just needed to remember that and more importantly help her remember otherwise he might wake up one day and find that she's no longer there....

Brian was snapped out of his thoughts by a voice he recognised, speak of the devil or Gryffindor in this case "just thinking about some things" Brian said with a shrug of indifferance "and you?" Brian asked matter of factly as if he didn't really care even though he did.

"Passing the time, seems to be way too much of it about lately" she smiled pulling her knees up under her chin and hugging them tightly. She looked about the trophy room before turning her head to look at Brian. The Charms class was still fairly vivid in her mind so she had the grace to blush a little, she was grateful he had seemed preoccupied with Zuka and Andrew to take too much notice of her star gazing at him. The world that they knew had changed so much or maybe they had. She wished sometimes that they could just be on the express again, zipping their way to Hogwarts chatting about their future and all the plans.
"Sorry I haven't been around too much lately, I've been trying harder since Christmas though" she felt bad she hadn't even asked him about his holidays or Zuka's. Had she really been so wrapped up in her own life and problems?
"So did you go home for the holidays?"he usually did but there was always a first time, she wondered had he gone to the ball with someone. Andy had stayed put in her dorm not even bothering, her lame leg wouldn't have been much good at the time anyhow. At least now with all the new charms on it, it was honestly like a proper one again.

"No, I spent my hollidays working on a few projects. Athena brought me some treats though from my home" Brian explained "Me and Violet hung out during the Yule ball, nothing special really" Brian said matter of factly. He seemed like a plain jane which unusually enough bugged him. "Though me and Violet went into the Forest and met a few Centaurs, it turns out the COMC book highly over exaggerates their intelligence as they seemed like nothing more than wild creatures that could speak, honestly when I enter the ministry I'm going to impose more regulations against Centaurs, the're very dangerous" Brian said remeber how one of them had tried to kill him and even put an arrow in his book, Brian would not forget the centaurs anytime soon. "so what's been going on in the world of Andromeda Fiorelli, something exciting I bet" Brian said with optimism.

Andromeda's mouth fell open in astonishment as she listened to Brian, she nudged him hard and hoped to goodness it hurt like hell. Struggling to stand up she eventually managed it, brushing the dust from the floor off her uniform.
"Centaurs are under the same restrictions as werewolves Brian! and they shouldn't be they are wonderful and majestic nothing like me and my blasted kind. They are violent towards humans for a good bloody reason and its this pig headed ignorance that is the cause of most of it" she poked her shoe at his.
"If word ever gets out about me being a werewolf how many students here will think like you do about centaurs? I'm considered a magical beast while they're magical creatures. They aren't creatures at all and they aren't wild either. Brian how could you?"
Her temper was getting the better of her now, how could he say any of that knowing how she felt about the whole ministry of magic laws and regulations regarding magical creatures and beasts. She pulled out a card and threw it at him in disgust. On it was her name and the year she was bitten and registered as a werewolf but more so than that was the ministry of magics registration number for her.
"That's what I am to the ministry, a number a highly dangerous number and that's all they consider centaurs to be as well".

"What are you talking about!" Brian said as he stood up, "you not a 'creature' your a human with a..." Brian said trying to think of the proper word "with a condition that occures once a month and even then it's more than manageable!" Brian said. "You wouldn't intentionally and willfully kill a human much less atack one with an arrow!" Brian said building up his case. "They live in the woods and completely ignore the laws of a civil society like savages!" Brian said angrily a bit angry that Andromeda would take the side of the Centaurs "tell me how do they feel about you?" Brian said knowing that the Centuars were very territorial creatures and didn't except outsiders very often though even he thought it was a stretch that they would except a Werewolf. "Centaurs don't want to be treated like humans, this however" Brian said indicating the card in his hand "this we can change, we can actually fight for Werewolf rights" Brian said trying to keep his voice low so that nobody walking by would hear them.

Andromeda wanted nothing more than to punch him. She couldn't believe that Brian was sitting down on the ground of the trophy room spouting such rot. Her hands went automatically to her hips, her amber eyes burning like flaming orbs now. He always managed to get her mad. But really was she surprised, he was always doing this to her.
"A werewolf is manageable is it? If I wasn't taking my wolfsbane I'd be a major threat to society Brian" she threw at him, "I take it but there are many out there who don't. Werewolves are dangerous Brian. I spent the best part of last year finding that out at Durmstrang. I may be your best friend but that's why your so damn biased. Why shouldn't centaurs live in the woods? Stairs aren't exactly centaur friendly you know. They aren't savages just because they live outside of the ministries guidelines, they have their own laws which they adhere to rigidly. And how they treat me has got nothing to do with this. They know what I am but they let me live, we ... have a sort of agreement."
She was still fuming with him, just who did he think he was. Brian bloody Getathorn, now Andromeda was really good and mad and to think she was swooning over this guy not so long ago. The thought damn near repulsed her now.
"And you fool of course they don't want to be treated like humans they aren't human!"

"No they just think there better than humans!" Brian spat "and why shouldn't they when they got girls like you standing up for them basically saying it's true" Brian said fuming more now. "You take a potion that makes you not dangerous they are just plain dangerous!" Brian said as he stood his ground. Andromeda was always against him on just about anything there was. Sometimes Brian thought she did that on purpose just to frustrate him. "they let you live? that sounds very friendly, your parents let you live when they shipped you off to that crazy school -oh wait better not say that otherwise you'll start on how Durmstrang is a lovely school that's just misunderstood!" Brian said mockingly. "There savages that use arrows instead of greetings and if there so great why don't you go live with them!" Brian yelled vehemently.

Andromeda began to shake her head, she couldn't believe what she was hearing and from her bestfriend. Had he really always thought like this? This was a massive revelation to her.
"When did you become so ...so ignorant, so prejudicial. I would never have thought that of you. You... you're nothing but a rascist Brian Getathorn. You're own grandfather would be ashamed of you and don't say he wouldn't. He travelled the world on adventures, experiencing every culture possible that is not the life of a man who is a bigot but someone who embraces different races and creeds and cultures. You fall way short of him" she knew she was hitting below the belt now but his words and attention had cut right through her. Sure they had argued before but this was serious, this was something she firmly believed in. The equal rights of those supressed by those too ignorant to even try to understand them.

"They don't always greet with arrows Brian, they do that when they feel threatened or if their territory is being over-run. That's their home" she pointed out towards the forbidden forest, "and everyday they have to put up with stupid teenagers wandering in and about it. I'd blooming well take umbridge if it were my home and yes, they left me live. They were terrified of what I am, they have children for goodness sake. They didn't know what steps were being taken to curb my transformation, all they knew was their children could be in danger. Hell one of them could have been."
She chose to ignore his jibe about Durmstrang she wasn't going there, she couldn't. If she did her world would just cave in on her. She closed her eyes to try and do the breathing, the meditation that the healers had taught her to calm and relax herself, to put herself in a 'good place'. Brian had pulled her right out of there and she needed now to get it back. It was just a few moments, her eyes closing made her look weary, exhausted from the constant battling she had done and it would seem was destined to always do. She willed her emotions to calm down, for the world about her to calm but she knew that it was impossible. Opening her eyes slowly, she looked at Brian. Her amber orbs glowing brightly, taking a step towards him she put her hand out.

"I need my card back, please".[/color]

Brian didn't say anything, he was beyond mad. There was a point that if someone pressed hard enough meant there was no turning back. Andromeda had gone too far and Brian knew she had meant what she said. The most important person that had ever been in Brian's life had been his grandfather, he thought about him everyday when he first opened his eyes and before he closed them at the end of the day. Brian had the journal his grandfather had written in and had read it over a thousand times. Brian had always wanted to be like his grandfather and to have someone that was supposed to be his bestfriend use his name like that was simply unforgivable. Brian didn't even hear the words come out of her mouth as his mind seemed to have shut off.

Brian was calm, unusually calm. Andromeda and Brian had plenty of fights and most of them they could come back from but not this time. Brian was no longer mad but more importantly he was no longer himself in a sense. He was simply a body of thoughts all emotion forced to the bottom of his soul because it had to be. A pain that Brian hadn't felt since the day he saw his grandfather die was peircing his heart and would not go away. He heard Andromeda's voice but didn't really care anymore as she held out her hand for the card that had her registation number on it. Brian simply dropped it onto the ground "whatever" he said coldly as he turned on the spot and walked out of the room. Andromeda had used Brian's grandfather against him and that act was simply unforgivable.

Andromeda stooped down to pick up the card he dropped.
"That's it Brian just walk away, do what you're famous for doing. For a Ravenclaw you're awfully dense" she was more angry with him walking away from her than anything and she wasn't stupid she knew why. Andromeda knew unlike anyone else what his grandfather meant to him and knew it had been unforgiveable to throw that in his face but he had used her family too. Had mentioned Durmstrang. He always thought he was blameless in their arguements but he wasn't and she was sick of it. Maybe it was because she had fallen so unbelieveably hard for Brian from nearly day one that made her lash out at him more than anyone. She never ever wanted him to know and now he was skulking off again when he had started an arguement that meant alot to her.

"I am a beast. Didn't you know that?" tears of white rage were filling up now but she kept going as he walked, "I have an excuse at least for my temper and my ... my uncontrollable bloody rage but you? What's your excuse?"

Brian simply walked away, He felt different. He didn't care anymore, for the past three years he had tried to be like his grandfather and what had that ever got him? his grades had slipped and the people who were suppose to be his friends kept doing things that didn't seem friendly. Zazuka knew Brian hated Slytherins and yet began to date one, Brian still wondered if that was done out of some twisted spite for a crime Brian hadn't committed. Andromeda who was supposed to have been his friend had been doing things since day one that she knew she shouldn't be doing, flying at night and going into the forest alone had been her mistakes and yet she wanted to use that as some excuse. Brian had been supportive of her trying to cheer her up and yet she was constantly arguing with him.

Brian was sick and tired of having to deal with everything. He didn't care what Andromeda did from now on or Zazuka since she would probably try to be neutral something Brian wouldn't allow this time, Andromeda had crossed the line on purpose and if Zazuka wanted to hang out with her that would be fine but Brian wasn't going to anymore. She wanted to use her Werewolf disease as her excuse, wanted everyone to think of her as a beast and then get mad if they actually did. It was her fault she was the way she was! She had broken the school rules and gotten bit by a werewolf. She had been lucky that was all that had happened yet all she did was mourn that night. Brian didn't care he thought to himself as he continued his silent walk away from her.

Andromeda watched him leave without another word. That was that then, there was nothing more for either of them to say. They had said way too much, Andromeda clutched her chest feeling suddenly an overwhelming pain rip through her. She faltered and fell to her knees, the pain didn't ease. Her eyes blurred as she stared at the registration card in her hand. Her other hand made a fist and lashed out, she punched the hard wooden stand that held a trophy case. The pain throbbed in her fist and she was almost certain she had broken a bone.

"I'm sorry Brian" she whispered it so softly through the pain that was engulfing her, she knew she wasn't apologising for the arguement she had put up. Her believes there were very strong, Andy was apologising for the fact that they would no longer have one another. She was for her own sake cutting him out of her heart and soul now, she had to.
'Maybe that's what this pain is' the thought was fleeting, but still the pain engulfed her until very gradually it ebbed away and all she was left with was a stillness, a horrible numbness. She had taken about five steps backward in the progress she had made over Christmas, she felt like a shell again.
"Damn it" she exclaimed as she stood up and the pain in her hand reminded her she could still feel something. Taking herself off to the hospital wing to have it looked at, Andromeda cringed wondering what Zuka would say when she found out that both her bestfriends were no longer friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back