Thoughts Written Down.

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
The day couldnt have been more pleasant as Taylor walked at a leisurly pace down to the lakefront, a journal tucked under her arm. Spring had finally come out and Taylor breathed in the fresh air that swept a cool breeze over her face as the sun shined down in contrast. Reaching the lakefront, Taylor glanced out over the peaceful waters. Noticing a small splash in the distance, which could have been the squid or a mermaid.

She took a seat under her favourite oak tree by the water and brought the book up to lean it on her knees. A mumbled unlocking spell had it clicking open to reveal previous entries, skimming to a fresh page, Taylor began writing, about everything really. She still worried about her Mother, yes, but after Hollies idea to keep a journal, she had let it not worry her as much. She had a diary at home, but keeping one at Hogwarts felt a little unsafe to her. After a trip to library and one locking charm learnt later, she now felt it alright to have one.

She wrote of her meeting with Scorpius in the Dungeons, how Sam had lost Jenna, how that boy had died, when she went to the hospital after the events in the forest and how she was still a little concerned about her Mother. Continuing to write, it soothed her. That and the gentle breeze, made the lazy afternoon a good one.

Arianna was walking slowly through the grounds, enjoying the nice day. On impulse, she skipped a few steps, an then turned three cartwheels, laughing hysterically, glad that no one was around. When she straightened up, she realised that she had nearly cartwheeled right into Taylor. She pulled up short, and plonked down on the grass next to her, still feeling exhilerated from her little outburst. "How are you?" she asked Taylor, with a smile.

On impulse Taylor snapped her book shut when there was a voice in front of her. She didnt want anyone reading what she had just wrote. That would just be embarassing. Looking up she saw Arianna, she hadnt seen her in ages! "Hey Ari! Ive been okay, how have you been?" She said eager to talk to her friend whom she felt someone guilty for losing contact with.

She tucked her book by her hip and smiled at Arianna, it had almost been a semester, Taylor had considered meeting with her again after meeting in the Dungeons with Knight, the same place she had first meet Ari and now Arianna had practically appeared in front of her. They had alot to talk about.

"Fine" Arianna said, calming down slightly. She had missed hanging out with Taylor, and hoped that they could become good friends. She sighed "It's a really nice day" she said, smiling out at the view of the lake. "Hey, do you know any good spells?" she asked, pulling her wand out of her pocket, and tapping it against her knee. "Faith's the duel champion" she said "And I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Not that I could beat her or anything" she added.

Taylor nodded when Ari said she was fine. When she mentioned it was a nice day, Taylor looked up through the branches on the trees and smiled. It was a nice day, she loved this weather. A slight breeze picked up and brushed her hair across her face, tickling her nose. Pushing the strands behind her ear and scratching the tip of her nose, Ari asked if Tay knew any good spells. She thought for a moment. "I dont know, did you want a duel?" She asked with a raised eyebrow. Taylor had recieved top of the class for Defence Against the Dark Arts last semester, recieveing over 100%, her Dad had been very proud of her.

"Duel!" she said, a look of shock passing across her face. "No way" she said, smiling sheepishly. She knew Taylor was fantastic at defensive spells. She smiled "How about... we transfigure stuff instead?" she sked, feeling rather chicken as she changed the subject.

She picked up a twig, and held it out to Taylor "What can you do with this?" she asked.

Taylor laughed as Ari regected the offer to duel, Taylor wasnt really up to dueling herself, it was too nice a day really. Tranfiguring stuff, that was something Taylor hadnt learnt yet. She looked at Arianna with a awkward look on her face. "I havnt learnt anything in Tranfiguration yet." She said. She couldnt wait to learn, they were on their third lesson and all they had done was essays, it would be so much better when they got down to business and did some practical work.

"I'm not very good either" Arianna said with a laugh "I'm not even going to try and do it properly, just experiment" she said. Picking up her wand, she pointed it at the twig "Tymeso Pyro" she said wildly, making up random words. The twig turned blue "Oooh!" Arianna exclaimed "That was cool!"

Taylor laughed at Ari's attitude, she missed the bubbliness Ari had, she made a note to not loose contact with her this time. She watched she was pointed her wand at a random stick and it changed color. "Woah! Cool." She said amused by the random spell Ari had cast. She knew it wasnt really safe to try and tamper with new spells, but they werent doing it properly, so it didnt matter did it? She smiled, taking out her own wand. "Wingardium Leviosa." She said firmly, it was one of her favourite spells, but Taylor realised she rarely used them out of class, not that it mattered that much, but she thought it would be better to practise a bit more. She allowed the twig to float up and she settled it high in the tree she was sat under. "No one's getting hold of that blue twig now." She grinned with a laugh.

"Nooo!" Arianna said in mock desparation. "Not my blue twig!" she tried to keep a straight face, but cracked a smile.
"I wonder if I can do it again" she said, and picked up a leaf this time. "Trysome Pryom" she said, and nothing happened to the leaf. "I don't think that was the same as what I said before" she said, with a small frown, but then gave it up, and lay back on the grass, looking up at the sky.
She could see the faint impression of the half moon in the sky. One more week she thought, and her briefly happy mood seemed to evapourate into thin air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back