Those who stand on the grey line.

Sern Summers

OOC First Name
Michael / Jesse
Wand
Knotted 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy English Oak Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Sern made his way down to the forest, seeking peace, seeking quiet. He was seeking a place that things could settle. He made it past the first line of trees and kept going. Things were a mess. There were just to many kids at the school for his liking and everything was so loud. He had basically ditched Wednesday without her even knowing and then gone out with Arisa... who had hadn't even gotten over accidentally killing someone yet. Things were a mess. He came to the thought once more after a few more moments of silent walking that he was one of the few that found themselves on the grey line.. Little mattered when you stood there. There was no black and white.. and you barely knew what was right or wrong.

He made it to a small clearing and moved to the middle of it. There he stood taking long, deep breaths. What had he done? Why should arisa be with someone like him? Especially after her current circumstances. She should be someone happy..and...normal! And what had he done to Wednesday?? He felt anger welling up within himself. What had he done. How could he forgive himself? How could Wednesday forgive him? Why did he come to this damn school in the first place!

He let out a roar of anger before falling back to the deep silent breaths. Why couldn't he worry about exams instead of being chased by wolves or killing people or breaking peoples hearts?
He tried to calm himself but to no avail. He sent his foot flying around to a low branch of a nearby tree, snapping it clean off.

Arisa walked into the forest. She was done crying, she was done feeling sorry for her self, she was done with everything. She didn't know how long she had been walking or even in what direction. Oh well, if worst came to worst she had her compass spell. She looked up from the ground in time to see Sern breaking the branch of the tree, great, hes in a rage she thought to herself. She stepped out into the clearing, "Hello Sern" Arisa said in a normal voice knowing he would hear her even in the distance that separated them.

Sern felt like letting out another yell of rage before he heard Arisa's voice, if even at a distance. why... he thought to himself, of all people to find him like this it was Arisa. He couldn't even find words through the raging thoughts that were exploding around in his mind. He just lowered his hands beside him and stood there silently. The last person he wanted to hurt was Arisa.. A flash skip memory of the night with Sarah. After a few moments he managed to push it from his mind. He could feel the urge to lash out at something again but forced it down and said in a deadly cold voice that he couldn't help, "Arisa." as if in acknowledgment with the greeting. He was tempted to tell her to leave him be but he knew he wouldn't.

Arisa knew he wouldn't like this but she walked up to him. She saw his eyes, cat like. "whats on your mind?" she asked giving him a warm smile. She sat down on the grass and looked up at him.

Sern heard her walk up to him and then she asked what was wrong and gave him one of her warm smiles that at this moment he couldn't stand.. he didn't deserve it. "Don't look at me like that" He muttered quietly before turning away. His chest felt tight and his body felt like it had been set on fire. Most of his concentration was kept to keeping himself from dangerous levels.

Arisa felt a stab of pain when he told her not to look at him like that. She frowned at him, "Sern, something is wrong, talk to me please" she said standing up. She knew this could get her killed but she put her hand on his shoulder. "please" she said again. "I'm here for you, I love you" she added.

Sern just couldn't handle it anymore, "There's always something wrong!" He raged out loud before taking a step from Arisa's grasp. "Whats wrong with Sern? Why can't he be a normal kid? Why can't he be like his brother?!" He continued before turning to the main topic that he hated above more, "Why can't he stop hurting people" His voice was filled, every fiber of it vibrating with his rage.

"But you are a normal kid!" Arisa argued "and trust me, if you were anything like your brother, i would have killed you by now!" she added. Sure Aeon could be nice when he wanted to be, most of the time he was just annoying. Arisa gave Sern a stern look. "now tell me who's been saying these things to you!" she yelled, she would kill them.

"Me? A normal kid? Are you honestly serious?!" He turned finally turned to face her. His tall lean frame looming over her slightly. His unusually pale skin and catlike stormy eyes that just looked so unnatural and that pitch black hair that hung from him. And just simply the hollow look about him made him look nothing like a normal kid.

"Yes! your a very normal kid!" Arisa shouted back, "you have emotions! you feel pain! you care about people!" she added. Arisa glared at him, just as he was glaring at her. "sounds like a normal kid to me!"

"And I left Wednesday.." His stomach twisted painfully in him as he looked at her. Things were pretty much fine when he was lonely... sure lonely but at least he wasn't going around crushing peoples hearts and then snaring someone else's love. Was he really good for Arisa? I mean they loved each other but was it doing her any good? Could it do her any good to be with a guy that was as non social as him, let alone the fact that he had random urges to kill people.

Arisa's face twisted in pain at the mention of Wednesday. "Have you even seen Wednesday since after Christmas?" she asked, she knew she hadn't seen her around the castle at all. "If you really wanted to be with her you wouldn't have kissed me!" she added. She was getting angry, she hands curled into fists. "Maybe you should just go crawling back to her since you seem to think were one big mistake!" she yelled with a few tears in her eyes.

Once more Sern felt his body catching alight, his flesh burning with rage. He sent his eyes shut but couldn't block the exploding thoughts in his head, each raging against each other. He felt like he was going to explode. "LEAVE..ME..ALONE!" He shouted not sure if he was yelling at himself or her anymore and felt himself lashing out before he could stop himself., his hand swinging to the side of Arisa's face.

One minute Arisa heard him yelling at her the next she felt a crushing blow to her face. She fell to her side holding her cheek. She looked up at Sern with huge eyes. Had he really just hit her!? She felt her head swimming and she slipped into blackness.

Artemis trundled into the forest dragging her book bag behind her. If she could just get to her Mouse’s Nook, she’d be away from Simon and his condescending words. Artemis wrinkled her nose in her anger and walked faster, snapping leaves and twigs as she walked.
Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a small kerfuffle in the distance. As she drew closer, the sounds of shouting filled the air.
“Bugger…” said Artemis unhappily. They were right in her path, and she couldn’t skirt around otherwise she’d lose her hidden trail. “What now…”
It was unlike Artemis to barge in on other people’s conversations, but it sounded like this was a pretty heated argument. Perhaps she could just run around the outskirts of their scene and hope they didn’t notice, whoever they were.
Artemis took a few silent steps closer and entered upon the scene. With shock, she recognized Arisa and Sern having it out. “Crap…” said Artemis to herself, in awe. She had never seen Sern so angry since she knew him. All of a sudden, Sern seem to explode, and his hand whipped out to hit Arisa across the face. Arisa collapsed to the ground, and Artemis simply stared at the fuming Sern. Gathering herself, Artemis attempted a casual entrance and exit, striding into the open and around the scene.

Sern stood there, shocked. His hadn't was still suspended in the air. He had just.. hit Arisa. He dare not look down to see how she was. .b.but I..woulden-...coulden- could I? he thought to himself as he stood there as if time ceased to exist. He finally looked down slowly to Arisa. He saw her look at him before blacking out. What had he done.

He didn't cry.. he couldn't. His face set in the cold hollow expression as he bent down to take her in his arms. He noticed then for a second Artemis, standing on the sidelines before she suddenly walked off. He sent himself up and moved after her quickly. He muttered as he passed her, "Not a word.." Was all he muttered before making his way up to the castle with Arisa in his arms.

Artemis almost collapsed with relief as Sern only muttered to her as he walked past. For a second she had though that he was going to hit her as well, but he only said "Not a word" and walked off.
Artemis paused in her steps and thought for a moment. Sern had just hit that girl...he was never violent when she had sen him with other people, but then she barely knew him. And he had...committed assault right there in the forbidden forest. No wonder he told her to be silent. He could get in so much trouble!
Artemis worried at her lip while pondering it over.Should she tell a teacher anyway? it would be the right thing to do, but Sern was probably feeling bad enough as it was. Unless of course, he meant it...
In any case, Artemis had been in the aptly named Forbidden Forest. How could she possibly explain what had happened without getting herself in trouble? No, Sern was right, she would have to stay silent. Although...there was still one person she could tell...
Hitching up her bag, she scampered a different way out of the forest with only getting to the Owlery in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back