Wand
the dead don't need wands
tumblr_p37vj0CcnG1wticm1o1_500.jpg

Name: Thorine Dolohov

Birthday: January 1st 1991
Hometown: Yorkshire
Pureblood line
Power/Gift: Legilimens and Occlumens
Occupation: worked in the ministry of magic; department of Invisibility task force, Scotland
since moving to New Zealand has taken over the ownership of the Leaky Cauldron.

Five words that best describe your character:
brilliant, cunning, dangerous, beautiful and deadly

Appearance

Hair Color: blonde
Hair Style: longish, past shoulders
Eye color: green
Height: 5' 9"

{apparantly my looks are attributed to the Dolohov side of the family for my mother was no beauty.}

Other distinguishing details:
have a scar running across my shoulders blades where my grandmother whipped me for misbehaving. A cruel and unusual punishment perhaps but I had just jinxed her beloved cat who so terrified ran straight into the path of an oncoming lorry. Squashed. As hilarious as it was to me at 12, my grandmother was devastated. It was the first and last time she punished me.

I have a tattoo on my left arm of my mothers family crest, the Carrows and on my back - my entire back - is a oriental dragon.

Family:

Father's name: Salazare Dolohov
Brief description (occupation, blood, etc): Death Eater: Dead, killed during the second war in 1998 at the raid on Hogwarts school

Mother's name: Alecto Carrow
Brief description (occupation, blood, etc): Death Eater; imprisoned in Azkaban

Siblings (names and descriptions): none

Other key family members: Grandfather is Antonin Dolohov who fought with Lord Voldemort in the first war. He was captured and sent to Azkaban where he later escaped. Subsequently he was captured again and in true Dolohov fashion escaped along with Bellatrix Lestrange and other death eaters when Azkaban fell. He was duly captured and lives out his days there. My uncle is Amycus Carrow who fought alongside my mother during the second war, he retreated with his sister after being hit by Impediment Jinxes by Harry Potter.

He was for a time the Defence Against the Dark Arts professor at Hogwarts in 1997 but it was only known as the Dark Arts during his reign. My mother Alecto was the Muggle Studies professor and changed the curriculum to benefit all purebloods.

I was home schooled. My grandmother did not trust in Hogwarts to teach me an upstanding education. It was over run by muggles and mudbloods by the time I came of age to join. So she taught me everything she knew at home. She was highly accomplished in potions and the dark arts. I am now extremely competent in these.
I may look like the helpless damsel in distress but do not be fooled by my appearance.

I suppose a little more about me would help to enlighten you all to why Thorine is an unemotional witch.

It began when her parents went to fight and she got left with the family Matriarch Rosemerta Dolohov. Thorine liked her well enough but when word came that Salazare Dolohov was killed on the Hogwarts school grounds and her mother and uncle were captured and sent to Azkaban along with her grandfather. Two things happened. Thorine cried and Thorine was beaten.

Her grandmother saw any show or display of emotion as a weakness and every time thereafter that Thorine showed any, delight in the success of a spell; frustration when a potion went awry; anger when she had chores to do - her grandmother would release the 'canes' three charmed old shikomizues. Her grandfather had returned from his travels many many years ago with these. They were beautiful and very rare. Delicately folded steel of the finest blade concealed within a walking stick.

Rosemerta referred to them as her 'hounds' and when she was not happy with Thorine she unleashed them, literally. First she would be beaten by the three wooden canes and eventually depending on the crime at hand the swords would unsheath themselves and begin whipping her too. The pain was always fierce the damage done was always terrible. But her grandmother was a healer and would leave Thorine suffer first before restoring her granddaughter to her former unblemished, unscarred self.

This went on for many years until Thorine reached the age of 12. The incident of the cat. When her grandmother did not bother to use the 'hounds' but chose instead to punish her herself. It was the first and last time Rosemerta attempted to strike her granddaughter. Thorine may have been no match for the swords and canes but for this elderly woman who had taught her a considerable amount. Thorine was matched well enough. Her displays of emotion had grown less and less as the years progressed. She now felt as cold inside as she looked outside. Her grandmother got one blow in with one of the unsheathed swords. Right across Thorines shoulders. Thorine stood up and stared right at her. She did not cry, she did not shout. The pain was her reward, her controlling of it was her gift back to her grandmother. Rosemerta had looked at her granddaughters face that day and knew she would no longer have to resort to the 'hounds'. Thorine refused to let her heal the scar across her shoulders and though now it is a long thin silvery line across her shoulder blades, it is her only scar and one she wears with pride.

Thorine was pale from lack of sunshine or outdoor pursuits. Her days were taken up studying the lessons her grandmother gave her. She grew taller, thinner and more and more beautiful on the outside. On the inside, any goodness that an innocent child might have was slowly being killed, Thorine was being trained by her grandmother to be one of the best death eaters imaginable. She had a name to carry and the family reputation to uphold. And Thorine knew she would do so, whatever the cost.

Thorine had turned 15 years old and on this day like so many of her birthdays she knew her gift from her grandmother would be some advanced spell or hard lesson. She raised her body from the bed and padded on bare feet across the wooden floor of her room. Goia had already been and set the fire to a warming glow. Thorine spread her hands in front and warmed them slightly. Returning to her bed she pulled her grandmothers old wand from beneath her pillow, she sat on her bed and flicked her wand in the direction of the dresser. She summoned her dress and robes, her stockings and shoes. Silently she got dressed; one would never think to look at her that this was her birthday at all. Slowly she made her way downstairs passing their house elf Goia on the stairs. The house elf stopped and bowed to her. The only heir to their line, Goia knew to stay in the good graces of this Dolohov.
“Your Grandmother said to go straight to the parlor Miss” he said in his crackly old voice as he remained bowed.
“Thank you” Thorine said continuing straight there. Her grandmother was seated in a chair at the far end of the room.
“I have a lesson for you today. Take a seat.”

Thorine sat in the chair by the window and looked at her grandmother with an impassive face.
She neither said anything nor was expected too.
“I am going to teach you two things over the next few years you are proficient in all your other subjects but this is extra work. This they would not teach you in Hogwarts. I am going to show you how to clear your mind so another cannot read your thoughts. I am going to teach you how to erase certain thoughts so those trying to read your mind will be fooled by the false memories and feelings you have implanted for them to read. I am going to teach you how to reach deep into someone else’s mind and rip them open, devour them”.

Rosemerta Dolohov watched the pale face of her granddaughter which was unreadable. She had done well with her so far, just this was next and her grandchild would be ready for the world outside and whatever the DE needed her for. Thorine inclined her head and waited for instruction. None came, her grandmother stared at her and suddenly Thorine’s head felt as if someone was piercing it. Delving deep into her subconscious. Without bidding them images of her parents, of her with them, of previous classes with her grandmother, of the beatings with the ‘hounds’ all came flooding into her mind. Her hands reached for her head and realized then that all her previous training meant nothing up against this onslaught. Thorine screamed in anger, expecting her grandmother to brandish the shikomizues. But none came. Her grandmother stood up and gave an uncustomary smile.
“That Thorine is Legilimency and you will be an expert at it by the time I am through with you. You will be able to navigate the minds of any powerful person” Her grandmother walked slowly towards her.
Thorine was still seated; her hands fell to her sides. Her head hurt, ached incredibly she watched her grandmother wearily. What else had she in store for her?
“I will teach you this and how to blank your mind and feelings so no-one can do that to you” she told her granddaughter with a sneer across her face.
“You will be a formidable opponent my child, mark my words”….

…. At the age of 27, Thorine Antonia Dolohov looked from her bedroom window to the world below. Her grandmother had died and she was at last free to leave this god forsaken house. She had changed considerably in the 12 years that had gone by. Her youthful body had grown tall and statuesque; she had a willowy frame and was quite beautiful in her own way. Porcelain features and long blonde hair. She looked like a doll but was any thing but. The woman who had just died had made sure of this. For twenty years she had dedicated her life to teaching her granddaughter every spell and charm imaginable from jinxes to shields, hexes to healing spells and curses. She could perform basic spells and advanced. She could brew potions that would make any alchemist jealous and she was possibly the greatest Occlumens and Legilimens of her day. She could navigate the shores of a persons mind without a person even knowing she was there, planting images that they thought were memories or dreams. Thorine could block her own feelings, thoughts and memories even more so. She was indeed a formidable woman, a powerful witch and one many she knew would take for granted. She pulled her grey robes about her and turned to Goia.
“I will send for you” she told the house elf before leaving in search of the Death Eater leader.

Thorine left the house she had grown up in. She didn't look back, the old woman, her grandmother was dead now. Old age had finally caught up and unbelievably a broken heart from being so long away from her precious Antonin. Thorine's grandfather, a blood thirsty death eater from the 1st war. Thorine headed North, there was nothing for her here now. She waited until she was further along the road before apparating to Daigan Alley. She stood outside the Leaky Cauldron and smiled.

She was planning on a whole new life for herself and at 27 years of age she was a formidable witch. Her grandmother who had been most accomplished had taught her much and the teachings of her mother before being imprisoned when Thorine was just 7yrs old were locked in her heart. Her entire family were anti-muggles and her mother had become the muggle studies professor in 1997, distilling an anti-muggle propaganda campaign from within the establishment.

Thorine smiled sardonically. She looked about her and pulled her grey robes tight about her, she needed a job and fast. Her grandparents estate was penniless, debts gone to the ministry in lieu of all the damage and hardship that her family had caused. It had been a struggle for her and her grandmother to make ends meet but they did. Now that she was dead, Thorine could finally go out into the world and make her mark on it. And she planned on making her mark.

She walked into the Leaky and looked about, it smelled disgusting. Of mudbloods and all sorts. She could have gagged with the smell of humanity that stank around the place. Walking to the counter she glared at the woman and demanded a firewhiskey. Then drowning it in one gulp, she looked about her. There was no-one of any consequence here as far as she could tell.

She had set herself a mission and she would accomplish it, she meant to search out a death eater and enlist. She knew some of the names thanks to her grandmother, how many of them would still be alive though. She threw her money on the counter, shot a disgusted look at the bar woman and walked back outside. If she meant to avenge her family, she would need to move swiftly and make contact soon.

She touched the ring on her finger, the Dolohov family crest emblazoned on it. She smiled with a renewed purpose and headed off in the direction of Knockturn Alley.

The Story so far:

After years of loyal service to the DE, Thorine who had dwelt for a long time in England met with Tristan Drage. Much to her own surprise she discovered she had 'feelings' for this man and after a night together by which she surprised herself even more, he left. Fuming by this betrayal she vowed to hurt him the first chance she got but after a few weeks he returned to pack his stuff and leave Blackthorn Forest. Thorine had planned to hurt him but saw him bruised and battered and chose instead to call on her house elf to help heal him. She didn't understand any of the feelings this man wrought in her and part of her never wanted to understand. When he left she knew she didn't want to feel as dependant or as stupid about another human being ever again.

This of course would change, when Thorine discovered she was pregnant. At first she considered not keeping the baby but then remembered that this baby, would be a pureblood and goodness knew there was short enough supply of those left. With her house elf Goia, Thorine left England and her position in the ministry. She told no-one of her condition but left word with the DE of where she could be contacted if they needed her. Throughout the months ahead they travelled widely, earning a small fortune in mercenary practises and working her way up through the ranks of the DE. No one ever suspected she was carrying a baby, her skills of legimency and occlumency were extremely useful.

On June 4th of 2021, she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy and named him Christian Antonin Dolohov. Goia has helped care for him when she had to do her duty by the DE. By this time they found themselves in New Zealand, she was to be based here for the foreseeable future. She found them a home, a large house with 10 acres of land attached. She charmed the entire grounds with hexes and jinxes to ward off any one she didn't want around. Her son had given her a new lease of life, she felt a bond with him that she had felt with no one else in the world. The thought of telling Tristan always plagued her but somehow she always decided it best not to tell him. She had not been involved in the kidnapping plot against the headmistress of the magic school or in the attack of the old professor in the forest but these to her were petty jobs. She wasted her time on none of them unless Julien specifically asked for her. Thorine was finding that the more time she spent with her baby though, she was beginning to begrudge when the DE called her away.

Thorine has further and further down the path of destruction. Walking in the footsteps of her grandfather Antonin, her father Salazare, her mother Alecto and uncle Amycus were always going to be large ones to fill but she has done so more than willingly. She has a thirst for torture and an even stronger one for the kill. Notching up quite a few since she arrived in New Zealand, whether it was the bartender who did not perform his duties in her estbalisment to her standards or to her accountant who disgruntled her no end and slayed Patrick O'Brien with the help of long time family friend Asparuh Zhevarofich for simply bumping into her house elf. He was carrying her son after all.

Her grandfather passed away in Azkaban and she returned to England briefly to have a proper buriel in the family crypt for him. While there Goia her trusted house elf managed to snare Tristan Drage and administer the first of the 'love potion' to him. On her return to New Zealand, herself and the Death Eaters paid him tribute by having marching on Obsidian Harbour and terrorising everyone within a ten mile radius. Herself and Tristan lived together as if they had always been this way. He doted on his son no end but she soon became weary of the brainless oaf she had once thought she might love. In a moment of frustration due to the lack of a kill, herself and Arnost Zhevarofich spent a night together. She has discovered since that she is pregnant. Her second pureblood child. She has two paths open to her now... get rid of Tristan and inform Arnost honestly of her condition and see what compromise they can come to or... get rid of Tristan, drug Arnost in his place.

As it happened Thorine was more honest with Arnost than any other and told him of her condition. Not needing to use the potion at all as the two became completely enamoured of each other blaming it on the effects of the pregnancy.
On the 27th June 2023 to them both a girl was born. Vixen Antoinette, yet still they cared for one another.

Thorine resorted to drastic means and measures once again, somehow drugging Asparuh Zhefarovich in his brothers stead. Arnost never begrudged her this act but rather found it amusing that his brother would fall to the whiles of this particular woman. She discovered she was pregnant once again and into the world on August 2nd 2024 came Ivaylo.

She had been pregnant with Ivaylo when she had murdered the chief of the auror department Scott Anderson and it was for this reason, that a few short months after he was born that Thorine found herself hiding from the ministry. Her children she had sent away until all settled but in a gruesome duel she was struck down by Nicolas King.

Children:
Christian Antonin Drage-Dolohov: June 4th of 2021
Vixen Antoinette Zhefarovich-Dolohov: June 27th 2023
Ivaylo Salazare Zhefarovich-Dolohov: August 2nd, 2024

Thorine Antoinette Dolohov - born January 1st 1991 ~~~ died 2nd November 2024​
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back