OOC First Name
Mia
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
🏳️‍🌈Cas, 🏳️‍🌈Gay🏳️‍🌈
Wand
Curly 12.5" Flexible Chestnut with Mermaid Scale Core
Linden had been at the school just over a week. the castle was as remarkable as everyone said that it was. today the young Hufflepuff was going to explore the grounds. it was colder than expected and he had his big coat on he wandered through the garden and then out towards the lake. he passed a willow tree that rumour had it his sister was named after and as he drew around the lake he found a large rock. being an eleven-year-old boy he did what most eleven-year-old boys would do. he took a handful of pebbles and climbed on top of the stone and started to throw them one by one into the water glad when they made a satisfying plop on contact.

Wade could not believe that he managed to sneak his skateboard with him into the school, and the young Gryffindor was by no means good at it at all. Rather than being busted in the corridors, Wade ran outside, and toward the lake. The wheels could roll on rocks, right? Maybe, one way to find out! Wade took a running start, and tossed the board down onto the ground, and jumped. It went as well as it expected, which was horrific. Wade came to a complete stop and fell face first into the ground. As luck would have it, at least there was a student or two nearby.

Last edited:
linden was drawn out of his own little world by the sound of a loud crash nearby. he looked around and saw a boy on a skateboard, or rather a boy no longer on a skateboard. he seemed to have tried to skate on the gravel. Now lin was not a skateboarder. he had tried on a friend's on once or twice but never really enjoyed it or got very far. he had rollerbladed a few times though and knew that the smooth tarmac was better than anything with grit.
he slid off the rock and made his way over to the boy. in truth he was a little bord there and the coldness of the stone was starting to make his bum numb. "are you okay? you stacked it quite hard" he asked walking over and offering the boy a hand up.

Wade chuckled a bit when he realized what he had done. And lucky for him, someone was offering a hand. Wade grinned, and took it to hoist himself up. He dusted the dirt off of his face and clothes, noticing that he wasn’t too beat up. Just a couple of scratches and could be bruises. “Yeah, I kinda do that a lot. I guess skateboards don’t do well on small rocks, huh?” Wade laughed to himself. “I am Wade Verdelet, by the way! The school nurse, well one of them, is my dad!”

Last edited:
Linden smiled as the boy said that skateboards don't do well in rocks. "no it seems not. you would be better on the footpaths in the garden" he said.
as the boy introduced himself linden nodded. "nice to meet you." he said "at least you have someone who can patch you up if you stack it too hard" he said. "I am Linden Cullen. umm, one of the care of magical creatures professors is my aunt." he said. not that people could tell he and professor Ateara were related. she was part giant and dark-skinned whereas he was fairly fair and while a little taller than the average eleven year old, but not remarkably so.

Wade took a mental note on where he should likely go skating instead of the gravel by the lakeside. The boy's name was Linden, and said that his aunt was the Care of Magical Creatures professor. He thought of the two that taught, since he had the last year's yearbook from his dad. Ateara or Faye? Since this guy wasn't darker skinned or really tall, he assumed the latter. "That is super cool! Do you have anyone else that attends here that you are related to? My uncle is also a professor! Bryce Chamberlin, the deaf one, and I have a cousin here, Beau that was sorted with me! Could you imagine coming to a magical boarding school, knowing no one?"

Last edited:
Linden listened as the Wade introduced his family at the school. "Professor chamberlain? what does he teach?" he asked. he heading hard-hat name before so he guessed it was not one of willows teachers. "Willow, My sister is a sixth year, My cousin Chante is in seventh year and Alison my other cousin also got sorted with us but is in Ravenclaw. It must be odd coming here when you don't know anyone. one of my dorm mates didn't know anything about magic" he said. He had an idea and got to his feet "did you want to go for an adventure and explore the grounds.

Right, what did Professor Chamberlin teach? Oh right. How could he forget that subject? “Divination! Upper years, I believe. I don’t know if I will take it though.” Divination sounded pretty hard, so he didn’t think that it would be best if he went through with that class. He grinned as Linden started naming some names of his relatives, and it made the boy smile more and more. After all, he felt good when people came here with knowledge. “I’m always up for a new adventure! Maybe that’s why I was sorted into Gryffindor...” Wade faded off with a light chuckle.

Last edited:
Lindon heard the boy day his uncle taugh divination. It was not a subject that anyone in his family practiced or were skilled at. his mum trusted seers but had never practised. his cousin had enjoyed the subject from what he had heard. "I can't wait until third year when I can take my aunt's class and learn about creatures." he said. there was no secret that he wanted to be a magizoologist when he was older. "I was thinking of going for a walk around the lake to explore the cliffs." he said.

Learning about creatures did seem pretty cool. Maybe he could learn more about his Veela heritage. “Do you know if she teaches about Veela? I’m kind of... Well, part-veela.” Wade smiled a little bit, knowing that some people would have issues with it. Luckily, he is just pretty and couldn’t do anything else. Although when Linden mentioned the cliffs, Wade frowned a bit, “But that place is forbidden. The Headmistress said...”

Last edited:
when Wade asked if his aunt taught about part veela he shrugged and shook his head. "I havent met a part veela before. that is cool" he said. "I have met a pert giant and a werewolf but not a part veela" he said excitement clear in his tone. "I dont know if she teaches about them but I bet she would know about them even if she doesn't" he said. "are you immune to somespells and potions like aunt madlyn is?" he asked curiously.
as the boy seemed insure about his choice of adventure he frowned. "Oh, is it. i guess i missed that part of the welcome. where else can we explore?" he asked leaving it up to wade to decide.

Wade smiled a little more when Linden mentioned that he had not met one of his kind before, but he had met a part-giant and a werewolf. Wade would love to meet either of those, but definitely not during a full moon. When asked if he was immune to some spells, he chuckled, "No no. The girls can charm boys to do what they want, but the boys, like me, are just extra pretty." Wade smiled a little more while using his hand to brush his hair back, almost flaunting it. Of course, he was joking. "Well, I wouldn't mind exploring the grounds. Sorry I seem like a stick in the mud about rules. I just don't want my dad to be disappointed in me so soon."

Last edited:
It was only when Wade explained that the part veela girls had more of the special powers than the boys. as the boy ran his hands through his hair linden realised that he was right. he was good looking. "Are you sure you have none of the charming powers. " he said as he hoped that wade wouldn't notice that his heart had suddenly started to speed up though he didn't know why. "maybe it is just part giants who are immune to spells then" he said making notes to ask about it next time he saw his aunt or cousin.
As the conversation moved back to exploring the grounds he shrugged. "the grounds sound good too. i haven't had chance to explore much"" he said. getting to his feet. "I don't think it is bad or boring. I just heard a lot of stories about exploits in the forest and assumed the rules weren't that closely followed and thought the cliffs looked interesting" he said.

Wade thought about it, but no, he was sure that only the girls could charm the boys. That was what he was told by his mother's side of the family, and his mother. "Yeah, I'm sure. My mom and her family told me. They are the ones I got my veela genes from." Wade smiled at the other boy. That was what he assumed, and his family would not lie to him about genes. The Gryffindor placed his hands behind his back and rocked on the balls of his feet. "The castle too. I heard that there are secret passages and stuff. Though I think that I might need to get my bruises healed up at my dad's office first before they get worse."

Last edited:
Linden wasnt sure if he believed what Wade had said but he wasn't going to argue while he may hve been able to stand his ground in regards to werewolf and part giant characteristics part veela was somethinghe didnt know about. she shrugged the moment passed.
"hospital wing then exploring the castle sounds good. it is getting cold standing out here not moving" he said "we could try and find the kitchens. I heard that there are house-elves that can cook whatever you want" he said. not sure what he wanted but maybe a warm drink would be nice. a warm cordial like Ribena.

Roxas was just looking for a place to study, but it seemed that everyone was doing the same because once he got to Avie's Rock, a place he'd heard about and had been so sure would be free and clear, he noticed one of his roommates and another boy he didn't recognise, though it was immediately obvious to him that the other boy was full of charm. A trait in which he severely lacked. "Hi, boys," he called casually as he walked over to them. "Planning something?"

I need to get poor Roxas out more, do ya'll mind?

Wade smiled since he wanted to get these bruises healed up, and then explore the grounds. And it was getting cold out here, without moving. Wade bent down and picked up his skateboard. "Wow, really? They will cook anything? That is pretty awesome! I do kinda want some mac n cheese." Wade turned to go walking up toward the castle before he stopped to see another Hufflepuff. The other one greeted and asked if they were planning something. Wade laughed, "You could say that. I need to get healed up in the Hospital wing, might go to the kitchens and get something to eat, then explore the grounds! Sounds like a full day, huh Linden?" The Gryffindor flashed a smile toward him, clearly excited about this.

((Sorry for being slow. ))
It seemd that wade hadn't heard about the kitchens he hadn't visited them himself but he had heard chante talk about them a lot. "That is what i heard. they also have space where you can cook too" he said. thinking of all the goodies he head heard chante make and some of the ones that she had sent to him and his parents. "some mac and cheese would be great." he said. it wasn't usually something that he had at home. his parents generally made things with meat or fish and vegetables but he had had it at friends house and it was nicely rich and creamy.
Linden saw one of his roommates approach them, Roxas, if he was not wrong. the boy who didn't like his pets. but they were in the same house and he wasn't going to dislike him just for that maybe hanging out today would help them become friends. "Hey Roxas. this is Wade" he said introducing the boys. as Wade explained the plans for the day he nodded. "sounds like a great day. we could also try and find some of the secret passages in the castle" he said apparently there was one that went from the fifth floor to the basements near the kitchens but he hadnt had chance to look for it,

"Hi Wade," Roxas said, giving a small wave. Wade was a nice name, admittedly. His name was weird and he didn't particularly like it, but that was how it was and he couldn't just change it because he wanted to. He didn't know the Gryffindor but Linden was a roommate, though he didn't yet know him that well either, so it hardly made much difference. "Secret passages, you say?" He asked, looking around like someone on a mission. Anything to get away from his brothers. Perhaps they would actually leave him alone if he had others to hang with, he wouldn't need to rely on Riku and Rai, and it wasn't like he had anywhere to be. "Do you mind if I tag along? I like exploring."

Wade could pretty much could feel his stomach growling at the idea of having some food. They even had space for him to cook. Rather the students. That didn't sound very sanitary though, but who was he to complain? Wade held his skateboard and looked to Roxas. He waved, and said, "Hey there!" Wade flashe his pearly whites, being as friendly as possible. But secret passages? That also sounded like a lot of fun too! Wade gave a playful nudge at the new Hufflepuff boy, and replied with enthusiasm, "Of course! But we need to go to the hospital wing first. I need to get my knees healed up. Dad will heal them in no time!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back