This my most noxious of brews

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Zazuka had gotten her shipment of missing ingredients not too long ago and the Lotus potion was nearly complete. She had been working deep in the dungeons so no one would come across her mixture and mess with it. Even breathing in the fumes made her feel as if she where back in the Divination Tower, in the protective bubble that the professor seemed to provide. This one would be perfect, she was sure of this. With this one she would not have to get very much sleep at all. Though her room mates where good at telling her that she would be ok she knew that they too where tired of her waking up at odd hours of the morning and screaming her head off.

Zazuka was tired of Seeing the horrible images that seemed like someone planted them in her head and where playing them over and over. She needed them to stop. She knew if this kept going like it was that she was going to be labeled as crazy. Zazuka was already looked at funny by a few girls. Mainly the one that she had told sorry to in the Great Hall. She still didn’t know much of why she had the great feeling of sorrow when she went to her but still it was there. The room smelled of the flower that was the main ingredient in the potion and she knew that it was done. She started to ladle some into a heart shaped bottle small enough to carry around with her. Thoughts of the shards the visions that so tormented her seemed to fade even farther into her repressed memory as she did this.

Carla wanted to sneak somewhere that nobody would be. She was always being questioned where ever she went. Her miraculous idea was to go to the dungeons. Yes, she would probably be told off if she was found there, but she wasn't going to be.
She crept down the stone stairs, making sure she wasn't being watched or followed. It was dark, but Carla had a handy torch in her robe pocket.

As she made her way further in, something strange happened. She coughed, finding it hard to breathe. What was that smell? Carla pulled her robe over her nose and shined the torch into the darkness. A girl was there, brewing something. It had to be a potion, with that stench.

'What is that?' She asked, trying not to blind the girl. She was much older than Carla but it didn't put her off. 'It stinks to high heavens.' She added, removing the robe. 'Makes me wanna...' She trailed off. 'So what is it?' She asked again.

Zazuka looked up at the person that had come in. She had finished with the small heart shaped bottle and had moved on to a regular bottle to keep the rest. She breathed in deep and all she could smell was the flowers. It was then that she realized that she didn’t smell it because it was affecting her. The Delphi Root that she had used in the potion must have had an underlying odor to anyone who was not having the problems she was having. Zazuka took out a cloth from the bag she had carried the ingredients in and pressed it against the girl’s nose. “That should make it better. I’m sorry I thought no one ever came this deep into the dungeons.” She said hoping the girl would breathe right now.

Zazuka was skilled in a great many things now but was still learning. She felt more like the Ravenclaw that she was meant to be and not the crazy person that she appeared to be. “It’s a potion to help me with some things I’m having trouble with. It’s called the Lotus potion.” She said kindly. Again she hoped it would help because it seemed like she had really put the girl out with the smell of the potion.

Carla smiled when the girl handed her a cloth for her nose. 'I over exagerated a bit.' She handed the cloth back. 'Nah, I was just having a wander.' She smiled again. 'I find it soothing in the dark on my own.' She hoped the girl didn't think she was weird, so she shut up.

Not wanting to appear nosy, she hung around for a moment, unsure of what to say. 'You're having trouble?' She asked. She knew the girl was older than her, and even though she was a slytherin she liked to help people. 'Is there anything you need?' She placed the torch on the ground so it brightnened up the area. She was used to the smell now, infact she quite liked it. She had a few problems too, although she wasn't prepared to share them. She had a glimmer of hope that she could try some, but kept her mouth shut as usually it just got her into more trouble.

Zazuka laughed into her hand. "No to worry, there are some very strong plants at work here. I get really bed headaches you see and need something beyond the normal tablets to get rid of it." She said with a bright smile. She hoped the girl bought it. There was very little that Zazuka did that was against the rules but this potion was not exactly regulation and certainly not for a younger student to be involved with.

Zazuka smiled kindly. "Oh I know how that is. Before things happened in the Forbidden Forest I used to go there to be alone with the wood. It was dark there too and reminded me of the only good thing that I left when left my true home. I promise you are not the strangest creature here." She said then laughed into her hand again. "I am having no trouble with my brew except maybe that it's too strong for some noses but then I guess it's good that I came down here to make it." She said again there was humer in her dreamy voice.

Carla looked suspiciously at the girl. A potion that strong would not only cure a headache. It would take all your pains away. There had to be something more to it, but Carla didn't want to interfere too much.
'Ok..' She smiled. 'I hope your headache gets better then.' She wondered whether to turn round now and leg it while she still could. She was quite shy for her age.

'I get headaches too.' Carla lied badly. 'Like you, I think. I faint sometimes.' She wondered if that was over the top. This way, if it really was for headaches, then the girl would give her some. If she didn't, then Carla could rightly be suspiscious.

Zazuka smiled kindly. She hadn't been lying when she said that it took away her headaches. The pain that came with seeing too much that she was not ready for. She could tell that the girl was very shy. She could remember the meekness of her early years. It had been her friends that had gotten her to find her voice again. She loved then dearly but she could not tell them the bleak visions of the future that she was getting.

"I doubt that your the pain in your head it the same as mine." She said with an air of mystery around her to add to the fact that this was too strong for anyone else. That and the effect of Delphi Root maybe different for other people. "Would you like to help me with another task though?" She asked looking around. There wasn't exsactly a mess in the room but she knew that any staff that came in here would find evidence of what had gone on in the room.

Carla paused. What did the girl want her to do?
'Well... Yeah, I suppose.' She smiled. She felt wanted for once, even though this was probably a random chore. 'What is it you want me to do?' She asked quietly. She felt embarrassed, although inside she was happy.

((Sorry short post))

Zazuka shook her head but smiled gently. "I want you to talk to me while a make all this go way. There is nothing more disquiteing than walking into a room that has not been properly taken care of." She said with a wide smile. Zazuka waived her wand which made her cauldron start to put itself away while a rag started to clean up the few spills that happened. "So my name is Zazuka Bones." She said with a kind smileas the things started to clean themselves.

Carla laughed sweetly. 'Of course. I'm Carla.' She didn't say her surname as it reminded her of her mother. 'Want me to be on a look-out?' She asked, heading towards the exit. She could just see where she had entered. 'So, how's things?' She asked quietly. She wasn't good at speaking up.
Suddenly, a pain in her stomach made her double up. It was as if something was eating it's way through her. She guessed Zakuka couldn't see her, so she made a tiny whine, not wanting to make a big deal out of it. Her eyes felt black inside, but she couldn't tell because it was so dark in there anyway.
'I..' She realised how difficult it was to talk. 'Fresh air.' She said agonizingly.

Zazuka smiled pleasantly. She knew that all this girl needed was a few good friends and she would be getting over her shyness soon. “Things are good aside from my health problems. I want to…” Zazuka had started but then looked out around the door to see Carla doubled over. She must have breathed too much of this stuff in. Zazuka with another waive of her wand cleared most of the fumes that where trapped in the place by the stone and with another she started to blow clean air at Carla. “Come we must leave this potions room. The sooner we get you outside the better.” She said kindly. She wrapped the girl’s arm around her own shoulders and willed her to move.

Carla smiled gratefully. If it hadn't been for Zak, Carla would have been on the floor by now. She felt comfortable with the girl's arms around her shoulder. It was still slightly difficult for her to breathe, but for now she was ok. She started to walk with her, her legs still shaking from the shock. She thought they would give way any minute.
'B..but.' She said, her voice wobbling. 'You can't leave your potion.' She struggled to get the words out. Another stab of pain hit her lungs, but it wasn't as bad this time. Even so, she nodded towards the girl in defeat and started to make her way out.

Zazuka couldn't do the bubble head charm yet or she would have put a bubble around Carla's mouth so she could breath proprly. Instead she settled for one of her colored bubbles that would go just around her nose. "Come on the farther away we get from here the better you will be." She said as she lead the young girl away. "I can always come back for it. I take extra care to not have my stuff messed with." Zazuka said. She could trust most anyone in the school but there was always this thing with her that everything in her possetion unless she was giving it of her own free will had to stay in her possestion. She had layed anti-theft charm after anti-theft charm on everything she owned. Once the rags had finished thier work they would put themselves way and everything would be well. For now she had to tend to her knew young friend.

For a minute Carla thought she might pass out. Fortunately for both of them, she was now far enough away to be able to breathe properly.
'Sorry.' She apologized, her heart beating fast. 'I have allergies..' She had got away lightly. She could have had a fit. 'Thanks.' She said weakly, coughing slightly. Some water came up. 'Ugh.' She felt her forehead. 'I should have known that potion might have had something in it I was allergic to.' She mumbled. The dizziness was slowing, and her pulse returning to normal. She coughed once more, emptying the nice drink she'd had about 10 minutes ago. It made her laugh somewhat, although she still felt horrid. She waited for a horrified look on Zak's face.

Zazuka was happy to see that Carla was breathing properly. She wanted to show the girl why she was known as the Mother Hen of Ravenclaw tower but she thought that would be a little too much for the girl right now. She also assumed that it was not the girl’s allergies that had set off the fit of coughing and pain. She had to be more carful with her brew from now on. “Oh, come now it’s nothing to be ashamed of. I have had many things like this happen to me over the years. Unless you run into opening doors I think you will be just fine.” She said laughing kindly. Zazuka waived her wand to clean up the mess the summoned over a cup from her bag. It wasn’t that heard to figure out the water spell so she cast it into the cup. “Here this will be safer for you to drink.” She said with a beaming smile.

Carla smiled a little, trying to stay upright. She knew there was no point in drinking it, nothing would stay down, but she sipped obediently.
'I can't.' She mumbled, pointed to the cup, and then her stomach. 'Please..' She started, but didn't know what else to say. She tried to drink anyway, unsuccesfully. She turned her back on Zakuka so she didn't see anything. Then she cleared it up with her own wand.
'Sorry. Again.' She said, feeling a tear in her eye. She rubbed at it furiously. She hadn't for three years and wasn't planning on breaking her record.
She was startled by another coughing fit, retching up spit. 'Oh god.' She said, knowing she looked stupid. How could the girl put up with this?
After she spat for a moment, she began to feel better. She took a few more sips of water and it stayed down. Thank god, she thought to herself in relief. She was so grateful to the girl.

Zazuka watched the young Slytherin with concern in her eyes not disgust. “It’s ok, it’s ok. It’s just so your body doesn’t dehydrate. Please if you can’t keep it down then we will go to the Hospital Wing.” She said but even as she was speaking Carla seemed to be getting better. Zazuka smiled. She was happy that Carla had become better but she was also happy that they didn’t have to go to the Hospital Wing. She would have to explain what happened. She was sure that the nurses would not approve of the potion that she was brewing even if it was to help herself work. “Don’t worry about what I think. I cannot aspire to be a good Healer if I found things like upsetting.” She said a brighter smile coming to her lips.

Carla smiled properly for the first time. 'I'll be ok.' She murmured. 'Thanks to you.' She grinned. She manage to drink the rest of the water. 'Do you want to go back to your potion?' She asked kindly, even though she wasn't sure she would be able to manage on her own.
Just the thought of that made bile rise in her throat. She swallowed hard. At last, after three years, her record broke, and a tear slipped down her cheek. Then another, and then they were spurting out. She hid her face in her lap, feeling miserable, and embarassed about crying in front of Zakuka.
She hoped she wouldn't leave, although she didn't seem like that type.

Zazuka wrapped her arms around Carla without even thinking it. "Oh hush now dear it's not that bad. There where chemicals at work that are none to stable. It's not your falt the way your body works." She said trying to comfort the girl. She had seen people cry infront of her before even though it was rare for Zazuka actually brake down herself. She had been tought though out her harsh life not to show anything but a kind smile. Though now Zazuka's smiles where genuen more often than not she could help wondering if she wasn't just a tiny bit fake. "Like I said the potion is done and can wait for now, lets walk you back to Slytherin House where I'm sure you can lie down." She said as she looking into the young girl's eyes and gave her a sunshine smile.

Carla looked up through tear stained eyes. 'Are you sure?' She asked, wiping her face with her sleeve. 'I just want to go home.' She wailed, letting everything out for the first time. 'My life is just a stupid mess. I wish I wasn't even here anymore.' It wasn't a lie. 'Please don't leave me yet.' She whispered, still shaking. She was afraid to move, thinking she would pass out. Chemicals had strange reactions on her, and she wondered why she was even in this school if that was the case.

Zazuka patted Carla's head, offering all the comfort she could give. "There now I know your life is not that bad. Your here and I'm sure you have a good set of the best friends you will ever have. If you don't well then you will find them. Hogwarts is really the best place a person young person can be." She said with all honesty in her voice. She loved Hogwarts, this place was her home and had been her salvation many years ago. Even now with her third eye giving her more trouble that she would really have liked.

As soon as the thought of her third eye came up Zazuka clapped her hand to her forehead. She closed her eyes and let out a soft hiss while letting go of Carla. She blinked and it was as if the world had turned it's self inside out. Zazuka closed her eyes again. "Not there" She said "Not there, not there!" She continued but the visions this time would not go away.

'I suppose so.' Carla said, thinking about the few friends that she did have, when Zak blurted something out. She looked in distress.

Carla started to panic. 'Are you ok? Zak?' She tried to stay calm. She hated it when she didn't know what was going on.
'Do you feel ok?' She gabbled, now reaching for her shoulder.

Zazuka could hear Carla's voice but only just. "Water... The water cup please." She begged through heavy breaths. 'I wouldn't be looking in my eyes in the mirror any time soon.' She heard like an echo though the dungion walls. She knew cold violet eyes and Zazuka screamed. "Get out of my head!" She begged grabbing at the sides of her face while sliding down a wall to curl herself up. The images passing by her eyes where horrible to her. They made Zazuka want to hide from the world forever.

Carla frantically pointed her wand at the cup and copied the spell Zak had used. She passed it too her, nearing her as she curled up. Something made her shiver, and she knew what it was. She made Zak drink the water, although this seemed mean, she had to. Then, in a loud voice, to make sure Zak heard, she said, 'I see things too. You have to trust me, please.' She almost begged. She knew they were horrid, but she was sure Zak would be ok.

Zazuka took the cup and slipped in one drop of the potion she had made. She didn't know how it would help with what was going on know but she was taking it for later. This kind of thing usual took it's toll on Zazuks's system. She drank as Carla tipped it up against her lips and sighed when she had gottne enough. Her vision was normal, the world was back to normal. "Thank you Carla. You see I told that life can be much worse." She said with a soft smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back