Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual (Matthew)
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2" Chestnut Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
This was her third rose. Amy figured because the person she was about to deliver this next rose to was older than her by a year that she'd be studying, or at least was in the library. The fifth year entered and looked around her, trying to find the girl but with no such luck. Sighing, she glanced at the note and pink rose in her hand before approaching a random table and with a smile on her face asking, "excuse me, sorry to bother. Do any of you guys know Darcy Pratt?"

After she had finished with all her rose deliveries rather quickly, Darcy decided to get some studying done today before the Valentine's Dance later on that evening. Sixth year was proving rather hard so she didn't want to skip a day of studying just because she'd be busy that night, she didn't want to fall behind. As she poured over a book and chewed on a pencil as she read, she heard her name being said at a table ahead of her. She looked up and saw a girl asking the people at the table if they knew her and Darcy figured it must be a rose delivery. The redhead cleared her throat and said, "Hey, um, I'm Darcy," and waved her over a little awkwardly.

"Oh perfect," she said, going to the other girl, when she spotted her and had been gestured to go over to her. She picked out a pink rose and gave it to Darcy, with a note attached to it. "This is for you," she told her with a smile.

Darcy,

Awed by her splendour
stars near the lovely
moon cover their own
bright faces
when she
is roundest and lights
earth with her silver

Darcy smiled at the girl as she came over and wondered what she needed. As she saw the roses she had, her heart sped up and she wondered who else she could receive a rose from since she'd already gotten one from her crush. She was even more surprised because it was pink. She took it and read the card and her heart swelled as she read it. She turned the card around to see who it was from but there was no name. "Thank you," she looked up and replied to the girl. "Any possibility you know who it's from?" she asked with a chuckle, knowing it was a long shot.

Amy watched as she took the rose from her and waited patiently for her to finish reading the card, not wanting to interrupt, but before she could say anything and be on her way the older girl had asked her if she would have any idea of who it could be from. Amy shook her head, "no in fact I don't," she looked at Darcy apologetically. "I didn't get any clue whatsoever, I'm sorry." The ones that were anonymous were the most intriguing ones to the hufflepuff, it meant there was an adventure to be taken, like going on a quest to find out who had secretly sent the item. "And you have no clue in there somewhere either?"

Darcy smiled and nodded in acceptance when the girl said she didn't know who sent it, as she had expected. She had tried to find out who sent her an anonymous rose last year as well but she had no luck. When the girl asked if she had any clue, Darcy bit her lip and said, "I think I have an idea, but it's probably just wishful thinking," and shrugged her shoulders with a small chuckle. This had been the second year she'd gotten an anonymous pink rose, and this poem felt like the biggest hint of them all. But she didn't want to get her hopes up so she convinced herself it probably wasn't who she thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back