Thinking

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Harri rushed along the corridors her footsteps bouncing off each and every wall around her. She sighed in frustration, she was in an extremly prickly mood today and her blue eyes were cold and unresponsive.
She had just returned from Brightstone where she had seen her Uncle. Her parents as usual were not there. They had been far too busy to come and see their only daughter, and the fact that they were in New Zealand made her blood boil. She paced up and down the corrridor her face contorted with fury and her heart beat fast adn irregular. Her mind was trying to unscramble the mystery that she called her life. She was 11 years old, yet she had experiences of those much older.
Though these memories were prominant in her mind she was still a child. She felt vunerable and abbandoned. She loved her parents dearly but they rarely seemed to return the affection. As she paced faster and faster her mind raced quicker and quicker. She craved a distraction but looking around her she could think of nothing, so her pacing would have to occupy her for now.

Kasey had decided to go on a small walk on her own so that she would be relaxed from the hours and hours she had spent in her dormitory all day studying for the exams.She hoped that she would meet someone who would chat with her because she had never been walking in the castle on her own and now that she was doing it, it seemed a bit boring

Just as she entred the sixth floor corridor she saw Harriet.Her hoped rised at the sight of the girl.She was very friendly and helpful but today she seemed depressed and rather lost in thoughts."Hi Harriet, whats up?"she asked with a smile

Harri jumped slightly as someone approached she turned and looked. "Hi Kasey!" she said, she had meant this to sound friendly but was aware that it sounded more miserable. "Whats up?" she repeated to her heself. "Too much is up!" she said slowly. "Far too much!" she added under her breath. She was glad she had someone to talk to and hoped she could stop her mind from constantly going over her eventful day. "anyway how are you?" she asked, trying to swerve the conversation towards Kasey. She didn't want to be thought of as selfish and always talking about herself.

"I'm fine but you dont look fine.Whats the matter?"she asked.Kasey knew with the first think that Harriet had siad that she was not in a good mood and that something had happened."You know I am a very good listener and if you tell someone somethings thats bothering you, you feeled less bothered"she said with a reassuring smile."Want to sit by the window sill?"she asked

Harri sighed "Thanks Kasey!" she said and walked over to the window sill. She sat down wondering where to start. As soon as she sat down she began to daydream, her mind flickering over todays events. She felt a guilty pang as she remembered what she had said to her uncle the last time she saw him. She remembered his face and she winced as though in physical pain. Her face turned to stone as she thought about her parents. Her face was ice cold and it had no emotion visible. She loved them, of course she did she could never stop loving them. Ever. She sighed again. "Family stuff." she said planning on stopping here but she felt like she was going to explode. "My parents. I haven't seen them in forever and every time I plan to see them,the cancel suddenly. It's like they don't want to see me!" she said her eyes burning and she felt the first tear trickling down her face. "I miss them. But they don't seem to care!" she whispered, turning her head in shame, why did she always seem to cry. She cursed herself for letting her emotions get the best of her. "It's nothing really, I'm just over reacting!" she sobbed.

Kasey listened carefully to Harriet's words and than said"Shh! Don't cry.Whether your parents want to see you or not they surely care about you and would hate to see you crying.I understand sometimes they dont get time and sometimes when they have time they want to relax but they surely care about you.Do you have any siblings?"she asked trying to tackle the problem from a different angle.

Tears continued to pour thick and fast from Harri's eyes. "You don't understand!" she whispered quietly, she wasn't sure whether Kasey heard and hoped the words didn't hurt her. "They have oppertunities. Plenty. I mean they were in New zealand when we were allowed out, but they Choose..." she specifically emphizied the word choose "To not come!" she sobbed "I haven't seen them in ages, it's like they don't want to see me!" she said her face shining with the salty tears. Her eyes widened in horror as a thought entered her head "Maybe. Maybe I did something wrong. Maybe they don't like me!" she said crying harder now.

Kasey listened to Harriet and than put her hands on her shoulders."There must be a reason and I am sure its nothing to do with anything you have done."she said to her as she wiped her tears."Although the reason might be uknown to us and they might think that we understand them it is clear that we don't.I suggest you should write to them"she said trying to smile at Harriet but she couldnt't.She didn't know about Harriet's past or her parents and what might be the reason behind it but she hoped that if she wrote to them asking a reason they might understand and try to change.

"I can't!" she stammered "What would I say?" she asked, glad that Kasey was being so kind.

"Why??"she asked as Harriet said she couldn't write."It will just be a normal letter like how you write always just the ntents would be different and you'd write that you have been longing to see them but something or the other happens from there side thus cancelling the meeting and you are upset with that and want them to tell you why have they been postponding to meet you while you are so eager to see them"she said with another smile."I'm sure they will reply back and they won't kill you for this they will be proud of you that instead of crying and blaming them you are trying to find the reason behind it like someone mature"she added.Kasey couldn't believe that this was her talking, she had never talked to someone like this before and it felt nice to advice someone.

Harri smiled trying to pull herself together "But they always cancel everything!" she said quietly. "And what if the get mad and then don't want to see me becuase of it?" she added, her face looked younger and weaker somehow, like it had deteriated in the past day.

"They won't do any such kind of thing after all they're your parents"she said reassuringly."Just write to them politely and ask them about it"she said firmly."Are you going to your parent's house this holiday?"she asked her

Harri blushed feeling slighty embaressed and childish but glad she had someone showing her what to do. She smiled weakly at Kasey the last of her tears gone but her eyes still shining with the look of abandanment and vunerability. "Well I'm going to Kiera's!" she paused, that was going to be the highlight of her holidays "But I guess I wil be, though if they turn up is a different matter." she said her voice finally sounding a bit stronger "They'll probably just dump me with my uncle." she said her tone slightly resentful "Again." she sighed anxiously.

"Wow! Thats great.Kiera's a really good qudditch player"Kasey said as her voice seemed a bit relieved."Parents don't dump there kids unless they are poor"she said with a grin

"Yeah I'm going to see her in a gymnastics competition and staying at hers and also I get to see Caysi in a diving competition!" she said excitedly. Then her eyes fell again "Or rich!" she muttered under her breath.

Harri grinned "That would be great!" she said happily "Somewhere in California I think!" she said trying to remember if she had been told the exact place.

"Okay"she said feel;ing excited about if her mom would say yes."Is it a muggle competition or for wizards?"she asked her ensuring she knew whatever harriet knew so that she could write to her mom about it.

"I'm sure it's muggle!" she said happily "It would be great if you could come too!" she said grinning.

"Do you think you'll be allowed?" she asked hoping she would be "They both need all the support they can get!" she said happily.

"I think yes becuase the way the letter sounded was that she was ready to take me wherever I wished but it also depends because my brother is taken into consideration too and we all will be going together so I dont know but I think she will allow."she said hoping that Ben would agree.

Harri grinned, the troubles of a few minuetes ago pushed to the deepest darkest corner of her mind "Excellent!" she said happily "I never knew you had a brother!" she went on "Does he come here?" she asked.

"No, he goes to Dumstrang Institution.He is not bad or that sort.He is nice to me likes me most from all people in the world but he prefers Dumstrang."she said with a smile at the thought of her lovely brother."I think he won't say no besides he dosen't even know good places to visit.He is just into studying, music and sports and dosent care what other things are there to do in the world"she added with a grin."He says he is more intelligent than me and my mom says I am because I choosed Hogwarts NewZealand instead of other schools"she explained her.

Harri smiled "So you get along well then?" she asked, it sounded like they were a close family "How old is he?" she asked, keen to know more about Kasey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back