Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Matt ) ( Gay
Wand
Apple, 13 1/2 inches, Essence of Belladonna
It had been such a long time since Kyle was in the magical world. His homeschooling had certainly not consisted of a lot of field trips, and it had been years since he simply breathed the magic in the air. Walking down the street in Brightstone, hands in jean pockets, simply enjoying being around the presence of magic once more. For the first time in years he felt transported back to that same sense of total awe that had enveloped him as an 11 year old boy, purchasing his school supplies, entering a world of magic and wonder for the first time.
Much as he would have liked to simply sit down somewhere and enjoy being here, there was a higher purpose to his visit. Firstly, he wanted to look around, and see if there were any useful books about... he'd rather go back to classes overprepared than underprepared... and secondly, he was hoping to run into a familiar face... any familiar face. He'd hardly seen his old friends since returning, and the loneliness was strange. Kyle had never been in an environment where he simply didn't have anyone he was close to to lean on before in his life. He didn't know how to handle it.
All this pondering and thoughtfulness took him strolling right past the bookstore and he rolled his eyes at himself, tutting slightly as he turned on his heel to head back in the way he came.

Max Blake wondered around the book store wondering where he could find a book he knew his sister would like. She decided not to go with him today but to insted go on a jog. He saw a book titled "Darkwood" it had some fancy award on it but decided Harleigh might like it so he picked it out and continued to look about.

His black hair swished when he walked and his jade green eyes examined everything he was looking at. A young male walked through the door as a little chime rang. He looked familar but nothig rang a bell. Max figured that if he was looking for something he would ask Max cuz he always got questions from people. It made him laugh to think people though he worked there.

Kyle looked around the book store upon entering, wondering where to start. There was so much he wanted to make sure he was caught up on before starting classes again. He ran a hand through his curls, surveying the store's landscape. Magic shops simply made no sense to him anymore.

After a good minute of trying to figure out what on earth was where, he decided he wasn't going to get anywhere like this. He looked around the mostly deserted store, eyes fixing on a cute dark haired boy. 'Well, if I'm going to need help, I might as well get a bit of an oogle while I'm at it.' He reasoned to himself, approaching the other boy.
"Ah, hello." He said awkwardly, suddenly feeling bad for butting in. "Sorry to bother you, but I'm kind of lost in here, could you help me?"

Max Blake chuckled to himself as the guy approached him.
"I don't actually work here, but I am sure I would be of great help" He said smiling his bright white teeth. "Anything you are looking for?" Max said looking back at the shelf of books seeing nothing that interesting. He turned back to look at the guy and waited for a response.

Kyle hadn't thought the other boy worked there, so much as being desperate for help, but he was willing to accept the offer anyway.
"Oh, thank you." He smiled gratefully. "It's just... I've been homeschooled for a few years and I'm going back to Hogwarts, and I have no idea where any of the different subjects are in here. I need to catch up on just about everything." Explaining his situation to people was more awkward than he had thought, and he prayed in his mind that the boy wouldn't ask any followup questions. "I'm Kyle, by the way." He added, to shift the focus somewhat.

Max looked at the guy with a raised eyebrow. "That's cool, Hogwarts is a great place...Do you need help finding the books you will use or what? And I will see you there (hopefully) I plan on going there this year too." He said hoping his transfer got accepted, if not he would have to go do homeschooling."My name is Max, Max Blake." Max smiled at the guy and put his books under one arm and his other hand in his pocket. "Let me go pay for these real quick." He said walking to the book counter and giving the owner some money then stuffing the books in his bag. Max walked back over to the man.

"Oh cool." Kyle smiled in reply. "What house do you want to get into? I'm a Hufflepuff, it's nearly my last year." Kyle fidgeted with his fingernails awkwardly when Max asked about the books, still feeling bad for disturbing him, although he was certainly cute enough to be worth it. "Nah, I'm just looking for background stuff, in case there are any little bits and pieces that've passed me by. I've been mostly working from Hogwarts textbooks. I just don't know where each of the different sections are, and I've got no clue where to begin looking." He said sheepishly, never having been particularly good at the explaining stuff.
"Nice to meet you Max." Kyle smiled back, and waited, fidgeting uncomfortably with his hands, while Max went to pay for his things. Part of Kyle almost wanted to leg it and leave Max to carry on with his shopping. 'WHY am I so damn awkward all the time?' Kyle mentally cursed himself.

Max walked back over to the guy. "I am hoping to be in Gryffindor like I was at my previous school." He motioned for the guy to follow him and he began to search the shelves. "That's cool, it's alwalys wise to be prepared. I would recommend this book and this book." He said pulling two thick books off the shelf. "They have all the Hogwarts subjects and what they teach in them. Skim through the table of contents and if you don't reconize something then read that chapter. Thats what I read when I was hoping to get transferred, I didn't wanna miss out." Max said and then he walked over to the reading table. "You can stay and visit if you want, I don't have anything to do. And besides you might need help or something." He said shrugging his shoulders. He just wanted to keep the guy here so he could meet a new friend. It would be helpful knowing somebody.

"Oh, cool." Kyle replied, somewhat disappointed Max wasn't in his house. It would have been nice to have another friend in Hufflepuff, especially someone so cute.
"Right." Kyle nodded, taking the books off Max, bending for a second with the weight of them. "That's great, these'll be really helpful!" He smiled, adjusting the books in his arms slightly. "Thanks so much."
"Oh, that sounds good." Kyle smiled, glad that Max didn't seem annoyed whatsoever by his intrusion. "Thanks so much for the help. I'm feeling kind of out of my depth with getting back into everything."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back