Things Aren't Going the Way They Should Be.

Kaleb Styx

Retired Beater • Father • Finding his path
OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 10" Unyielding Blackthorn Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
If Kaleb could have been less happy about the Yule Ball this year, it would have been now. He used to look forward to it, to spending the night with Carmen. Now, he has some Slytherin girl on the Quidditch team that he did not bother joining yet. Kaleb walked down the halls, his silver eyes blazing, his hair flowing around his face, his Slytherin robes wrapping around his body. He did not stop for anyone in his path, and just shoved them out of the way. First year, sixth year, he did not care in the slightest. However, Kaleb stopped when the darkness around was too much to really bare without the aid of a light from lumos.

"This really sucks," groaned Kaleb with detest. He knew Leviathan was just happy about the Yule Ball this year, as was Theodore, but no, his luck failed this time. But he went along with it, and he just leaned against the brick wall, and he groaned out loud. He needed to let his anger out somehow. Where was that mudblood when you needed him? Kaleb ran his fingers through his caramel hair and he thought of ways to get out of this. But there was nothing. At least the home life isn't that bad right now. He just received a new brother, but he couldn't really care about that. Sure, he was a good big brother and all, but still. Kaleb wondered if there was anyone else unhappy about the situation as much as he.

Carmen Peregrin was not a happy camper, she was down right furious and had been so ever since Halloween night. She had stormed from the hall after discovering that she had bet on a complete stranger though she had seen him in the odd class and was more despondent and ultimately filled with fury when Kaleb revealed himself as one of the Brotherhood. Why he hadn't told her he would be there was beyond her, she had guessed only because Theodore and Levithian had been revealed. Had he wanted to be bought by someone else?

She knew it was another Slytherin and she knew the girl was nice enough but Carmen had stopped doing nice enough a long time ago now. As her heels made their distinctive sound as she walked through the dungeons and away from Slytherin House she just wanted to be anywhere but here. She now knew how veela's must feel when they got angry and became those horrible creatures because she felt every moment that she herself would tear out of her skin and flay someone alive. She heard a familiar voice in the depths of the dungeon corridor and bristled. As much as she loved him, she also wanted to throttle him.
"And what exactly is it that sucks? My having to attend the Yule Ball with a boy who looks like a ghost or the fact that you will be attending with a girl who will be fawning all over you" her hazel eyes could have shot daggers at him. Her wand at her side she didn't even bother lighting up the area they were in, the darkness did her mood justice.

Kaleb heard someone come down the dungeons, sounded like they were storming. Whoever it was, Kaleb doubted that it would be for him or have anything to do with him. Oh how wrong he was right now. Kaleb heard the heels, and knew it was a female coming down the dungeons. He didn’t care about girls though, he was just interested in one. The one he happened to adore so much, and taking her down the darkside with him. However, that was just about to backfire when he would see just how much influence he had over her and releasing her anger and hatred. It was okay to hate, but that was not something someone needed him to teach to another.

His dark, black eyes from the lack of light landed on the unmistakable Carmen Peregrin, his girlfriend, the one he was not taking to the Yule Ball. He rose an eyebrow with the attitude and the look in his eyes. But then it snapped in his head. She was angry about the whole Yule Ball thing. Kaleb narrowed his eyes at her and he muttered, “Both.” But that was all that came from his mouth right now. He hoped that that little second year wouldn’t dare try to make any moves upon him. “You are blaming me for this, aren’t you,” it was not a question, but a statement. A fact. Kaleb did not allow any sort of venom leak into his voice just yet. But if she reacted badly, Kaleb didn’t think he would be able to contain his own temper and releasing it upon her. Kaleb was a Styx, with Zhefarovich blood. He had no patience, and he was not about to let his girlfriend blame him for something that wasn’t his fault. It wasn’t his fault that Carmen didn’t recognize his body height and form from the black robes.

She took a step closer to him as if sensing his own tension rise another octave thanks to her own and yet she could not stop herself. It was as if he had unleashed something deeper and darker in her that had always been there. Her grandfather would have been most proud of her had he been still alive, seeing her become so much more than a 'good girl'. There was potential there to mold and nurture, potential for ruthlessness that had been her grandfathers gift. She glared at Kaleb now, thinking about how devastatingly handsome he looked when he got angry and wondering just how much more so he would appear if she stirred him further.

"Who else am I to blame?" she goaded him, her hazel eyes managing to almost glow with intensity in the darkness, "Did you even bother to let me know you had even joined the Brotherhood? Did you even bother to let me know that you would be participating in the auction? Did you once even try to alert me to your presence there?"
She could seriously careless that she was being unreasonable, she was thoroughly enjoying herself. The only part she hated about this was that she was angry with Kaleb of all people. She had never thought that would have been possible.

Blaming him, typical. Kaleb put his hands on the concrete walls behind him. It was all he could do to not smack Carmen across the face. Kaleb never struck Carmen, especially now. To him, she may have deserved it, but he was not going to start with it. His fingernails dug into the concrete, and he winced at the spasms of heat that spread through his hands like a wildfire. After she silenced herself for the time being, Kaleb simply glared, his breathing heaved and shortened. Kaleb thought of the right words to say, but nothing he could think of could in any way calm her down. Nothing he could think of could do it.

"Try blaming the president of the damn Brotherhood," Kaleb snapped. Though that was not the only thing he said, "I was not allowed to tell that I was in the auction, or say or do anything that would alert who I was. I was counting on you to recognize my body shape under the robes. I figured you would recognize something you have your hands all over the majority of the day." Kaleb may have overstepped a line there, and his voice was raising as his own eyes blazed with the ferocity of a leopard. Kaleb was rather pissed off now. Venom and ice had leaked into his voice, something he had never allowed Carmen to see in her life.

She could almost feel the cool wall, the hard stone behind him as she moved ever closer. Why she felt predatory was beyond her but more and more of late Carmen was experiencing feelings, sensations, desires that she had never before even imagined. Now the anger inside her was boiling up and over, igniting her blood and agitating her heart. Her palms seemed to sweat and she felt hot all over. She saw the ferocity in his eyes and knew she should have been afraid but she wasn't. Instead Carmen was drawn to it, craved it as she craved him.

When Kaleb had spoken to her about muggles and mudbloods and their treachery, releasing slowly a hatred she never knew she was capable of feeling; Carmen Peregrin the tenth Baroness of Peregrine had been seduced by the dark nature she had also not known her beloved Kaleb possessed. Now he and the temper that was flaring were setting off an inferno within her like she had never known before.
"Recognise your body shape?" she would deal with the infernal Kyle Sparrow later and Merlin help him when she did, "The majority of you all were of the same height, about five of the Brotherhood were all as tall as you and at least three all resembled your ... body shape!"

She had come up much closer now to him, feeling the heat radiating from his body.
"My hands... these hands?" she lifted them up to his chest and gasped instantly. The excruciating fire that flamed within her was as intense with him, she could not contain her hands as they roved across his chest fascinated by the feel of his broad hard chiseled body as if it were the first time her hands had ever dared to touch him. This felt different somehow, as if they had both broken past a line they had only been wavering on for a long time. Her pupils dilated as if shocked by the desire that rippled through her, filtering in with whatever petulant mood she had previously been in.

"My hands would always know you, my eyes were deceived" her voice had dropped to almost a whisper. He had better know her enough she mused not to expect an apology, her hands found their way beneath the light fabric of his top. Her hazel eyes darted to his own, her breathing was shallow. What in all that was pure and magical was happening to her?

Carmen was fired up, and somehow, that connection from her to him was not drawing thinner and thinner, but thicker. He felt like he could feel her anger, her craving for him as he was starting to crave her. This was unlike anything Kaleb had ever felt. Perhaps Theodore had, but not Kaleb. What he was doing to her to lure her to the dark side, the darkness, had increased to a new level that even he had never known. The feeling of seduction, and he didn't even know that he could do this, or be seduced in return. He was getting there with age, however. It was about time Kaleb knew what it felt like.

Kaleb smirked slightly, and he retorted with ice, however heat also mixed in with his voice, "Those three would have been either me or those in my family... Or Theodore. All of them could have gotten this mess up fixed!" Kaleb wanted nothing more to not calm down. Something about this feeling, this intense anger was just mouthwatering, savoring. He could not help but want more. He felt her hands touch his skin, and he bit his lip. Dear Merlin, was this what lust felt like? If it were, he needed to find a way to contain it, or else they could end up doing something they regretted. They had chemistry, and boy, had it slapped them in the face.

She was just as shocked as he was, but he inhaled sharply and he hissed, "I've had enough of this nonsense, Carmen." Then, his hands went from gripping the wall to latching onto Carmen's hips firmly. He wanted to push her away, his anger controlling him, but something else happened. Instead, his lips claimed hers, and kissed with more force than he could muster. Kaleb pulled away just an inch and he whispered with a soft voice, "But if that other ghostlike boy touches you, I'll slit his throat and watch the white blood flow from his body."

She was about to tell him that all three had been bidden on and taken before she had even copped that he might have been one of them but anything she might of said was cut short, her hands were feeling skin that she had never touched before. Above his top was one thing but beneath it something entirely different. She had never even contemplated how he would look without his top on, without any clothes for that matter and now she felt as if she wanted too. The aching raw need building inside of her was pure unadulterated lust and it was overwhelming. Carmen couldn't think straight or cared if she ever did again, she wanted Kaleb is ways she had never experienced before.

His words tore through her as his hands gripped her waist. For a moment she thought he would literally thrust her from him but in a nanosecond they were claiming each other. Their kisses to this point had been exploratory, sweet, passionate and loving but this was primal. Hard and powerful as if they would strip each other of the anger they had felt, cut each other of the tension they had created. There was no one else for either of them, she knew it and would always know it. So it should not have mattered really if some fool got to take him for a moment to the yule dance. Carmen would have him for life! His words soft and dangerous against her lips caused a delicious weakness in the core of her being. A tingle racing through her body that flamed her even more.
"If he does, you won't have a chance I'll have beaten you to the task" her mouth brushing against his as she spoke just as softly and then her hands circled to his back feeling the sinew and muscle as she did so. She moved herself closer to him, there was no space between them. Nothing parting them as her mouth claimed his once again. Deep, hungry and territorial.
"Know the little Slytherin will meet the same fate if she tries anything herself" she smirked breaking the kiss a moment.

Professor Lowe had been on a walk to clear her head when she had met up with a good friend of hers, Professor Blaze. They had ended up discussing Professor related items, as you do, and as Melodie turned the corner in the dungeons her ears pricked to a couple of voices, and another unusual noise, one that seemed oddly familiar. "Do you hear that?" she questioned her fellow Professor as she stopped walking so she could tune her ears more easily, without the sound of her heels clomping along the cold dungeon floors. The sounds continued and Professor Lowe had a fair idea what was going on and she had a feeling Professor Blaze did too. She looked up at him, her hands on her hips, looking for him to provide an answer as to what they were going to do next.

Professor Blaze walked alongside one of his coworkers, Professor Lowe. They had been walking through the school for most of the night, and had just begun passing through the dungeons. He stopped when he heard a strange noise, though a noise that sound familiar. He sighed, and looked at Melodie, whom had stopped also. "Yes, I hear it. I don't like it though." He said, sighing. He had a fairly good idea what it was himself, but he didn't want to have to be the one to break it up. He looked at Melodie, and sighed again. "Care to come and confirm our thoughts, then?" He said, starting to walk towards the sound. Takuya didn't doubt that he knew what he was, and he knew he would be busting up some people tonight. Really, it was bad enough they were out here at night.

Professor Lowe took a breath through her nose then turned another corner, Professor Blaze was right, it was their duty to confirm their thoughts, and bust whoever was behind those noises. Stepping lightly and quietly the two Professor's met just what they thought they would, but the sight still made Melodie jump. "Oh!" she said, her hand instantly clapping over her mouth. What they were faced with was apparantly two kids, doing something very adult. Turning to Takuya she knew they had to do something, perhaps this wasn't worthy of a detention, but at least a formal warning, sure Melodie and her two friends had been caught in compromising situations as teenagers, but the Professor liked to think she had grown up since then. Melodie coughed rather loudly and deliberately to make the students aware of their presence before shooting a look of disapproval towards Takuya.

Professor Blaze sighed, when they approached the room. It was getting louder as they approached, and it was getting more unmistakable by the second. Takuya sighed, as they reached where they would stop, and saw something he hadn't exactly wanted to see, though he sure had expected to see it. That really didn't make the sight less wrong to him, though. Sure, he had been busted for things like this when he was young, and the young people of this day and age, were quite a lot worse then he had been, but he liked to think that some of them actually had brains. Takuya knew that this was probably just wishful thinking, though. He cleared his throat, and drew his wand. Flicking it, to break the two apart. "And what the hell is going on here?" He asked, quite ready to jinx one of them.

Kaleb heard a cough, and that was enough to make him release Carmen and side-step from her, to step from the wall. His blackened eyes went to two professors, one being the potions, and another - stunningly beautiful (half-Veela, duh!) - professor. Kaleb didn't show any fear, or any interest either. Though when Professor Blaze spoke, he raised an eyebrow. Kaleb normally did not speak against a professor's words, but in this case, he was almost offended, "It won't happen again, not in public at least, professor. However, the chosen dialect you have used to call our attention has disturbed me because I would call it 'foul'. No offense, Professor Blaze." He really was Professor Styx's son, with his cold tone, and emotionless face even if the words could be taken as somewhat smart; just Kaleb was being a smartass. Yet, his expression said otherwise. No smirk, an almost bored appearance.

Carmen turned at the sound of the professors voices. She rolled her eyes contemptuously as they spoke, Kaleb moved from her to speak and Carmen merely turned herself around fully to see which professors had caught them. They had only been kissing for crying out loud, sure her hands had been roving around having a great time along Kaleb's body but that had been it. Nothing more! She could only smirk at her boyfriend's words, wanting to slide her hand into his as images of them 'not in public' hit her.

Carmen however had a strict and formidable upbringing. True kissing in public had never been brought up because quite frankly it was not done! She had a reputation to uphold and a proud name and title to keep from being tarnished, so perhaps it was a good thing they had been caught. Why herself and Kaleb had reacted so violently lustful towards one another was not so much a mystery to her as it had been spontaneously surprising but she knew that it would not be done again in public.

She was tempted to say Kaleb had something stuck in his throat and she had merely been using her tongue to dislodge it but smiled instead and kept herself quiet as she stood beside her beloved Kaleb.

Turning to Professor Blaze as Kaleb chose to talk back to him Melodie sighed, it was never easy punsihing these kids because they got smarter and wittier each year. Keeping her arms firmly crossed she knew that this wasn't bad enough to render them a detention, but they deserved at least a formal warning. Shifting her weight to her other foot she turned to Kaleb and Carmen, "Well I'm in a good mood tonight so you're lucky I'm only going to give you a formal warning" she said sternly, turning to Takuya for back up. "If this ever happens again, or you talk to a Professor like that again, then I'll have to upgrade you both to detention" she continued. She was going easy on the two Slytherins, she felt a soft spot for them, afterall it wasn't rhat long ago she was a teenager like them.

Carmen frowned at Professor Lowe, how could she blame Kaleb for speaking the way he had when Professor Blaze had rounded on them in such a derogatory way. She bristled, no one spoke to Kaleb like that at least not in her presence. Righteous indignation lumped itself heavily on her shoulders as she tilted her proud chin upwards and moved herself forward just a little.
"I'm sure we would have both been extremely apologetic on the matter, though we were only kissing had Professor Blaze not spoken as he had. It was quite uncalled for, especially as there are students kissing along these corridors day in, day out. We were not being disrespectful at all" she did not once say 'Kaleb' alone but used the royal 'we' term. There was no way she was allowing anyone to come down heavy on him when she was right there too. Taking hold of Kaleb's hand she smiled sweetly at the professors.

"Thank you for the ... warning, we will be more careful as to where we linger in future" she told them as she made to move along.

Kaleb narrowed his eyes at the two professors, but he nodded at Professor Lowe and he said after Carmen had her own share of words, “A warning is all that is needed, and we will make sure not to be caught again.” Kaleb bowed his head a bit out of respect, and turned to leave with Carmen, his hand gripping hers. He kissed her on the top of the head, and he wondered what he would do without her. That was a lot better than Professor Styx. He would not have let them off so easily, because one; they were Slytherins and not acting so much like Slytherins and two; Kaleb was his son, and not living up to the Styx name. Kaleb would be sure to keep his hands off of Carmen in the dungeons, but do at it like wild cats in the common room. He glanced at Carmen, gave her a loving smile, before they were out of those two professor’s sights.
Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back