These things tend to happen ...

Sureya Eidos

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Sureya Eidos adored her white rabbit Luis, but so far he had gotten out of her dorm and down into the common room and had begun nibbling on one of the ancient looking rugs there. Someone had stood in the portrait hole chatting away with the picture open only for him to escape another day, though she managed to find him every time but now she had just finished history of magic and looked inside her bag to discover he was not there. She was now on the first floor where a third year student had sworn she had seen him but glancing up and down the corridor, Sureya could see nothing.

With a sigh she leaned on the banister railing and glanced over it down to the entrance hall beneath. There on the edge of the ledge was Luis simply just sitting there. Sureya didn't want to scream incase she frightened the living daylights out of him but she was absolutely terrified for him. Kneeling down she tried to reach her hand in through the railing but as small as her hand was Luis wasn't and she wouldn't be able to pull him back in.
"How did you get out there?" she muttered to him, pushing some hair behind her ears. They hadn't learned any really useful spells yet in class for her to use magic in this situation so her brain power was all the could come into play.

With a sigh she wished someone, anyone would come to help her.

Hamza was holding on his way to the Library to study some History Of Magic and to get some homework done when he saw someone struggling to reach something or someone. He was at the hallway's corner looking at the student struggle to reach something when he heard a sigh, which gave Hamza the feeling that she was in need of help. Hamza started to walk slowly towards the student and saw a few painting on his right as well, which looked very nice to him. He didn't want to surprise nor scare the girl, so he came up next to her and said, "Hey there. Do you need some help?" said Hamza with a smile. Hamza noticed that she was wearing Hufflepuff robes, which made it a responsibility for him to help out the students in his house.

Sureya was still coming to grips with being away from her family, from being away from her best friend Sharon and the discovery that she was a veela or part veela. Being away from her kittens Whiskers and Eyres had also rocked her apple cart some, so Luis her bunny was pretty much all she had of a life she wanted to cling too. He was home for her and if he fell from the ledge she knew without a shadow of doubt that she would be devastated.

Her pale blue eyes had filled with hopeless tears as she turned to face the voice, she didn't consider the implications of how being close to her would effect the boy; Sureya wanted only her rabbit back. A gentle sob tore from her as she nodded her head and indicated towards the ledge.

"It's Luis he got out onto the ledge somehow and I can't get him back in" it seemed utterly futile, she held the railings looking out at the rabbit, "don't move Luis please don't move."
She turned once again to the boy who she recognised from her own house.
"I don't know how he got out there but if he did, then surely there's a way to get him back in again".

Hamza saw the worry in the girls eyes, which told him that she dearly loved the animal she was trying to get back. Hamza moved in a little closer to see what it was and saw that it was a rabbit, a very cute and cuddly rabbit. "He seems to be just sitting there looking at us. He is very cute by the way." said Hamza with a smile. "Do you want me to get him back for you?" said Hamza.

Sureya waited for the usual gushing of promises from the boy that many others before him had made but so far, there was none other than his offer of help. She glanced at him quizzically wondering if he was actually under the Veela influence and that was the only reason he was offering to help her. She couldn't be sure but this was no time to be fussy. She wanted Luis back more than she wanted the male race to behave normally around her.

"Thank you" she smiled at him, the most beautiful of all encompassing smiles that seemed to radiate to those around her. It was as if a sunbeam had come inside and perched right there where she knelt, she was dazzling and breathtaking and innocent of how such a simple smile could reduce even the strongest of mind sets to a puddle.
"Do you think you could? I've tried to reach him but I'm so afraid in case he gets frightened and moves further back or jumps" a horrified thought struck her, "Do bunnies commit suicide?"

She looked so stricken by this last thought that another boy passing by ran towards them asking to help her as well only to have his girlfriend haul him away as she glowered at Sureya. The young girl turned back to facing her rabbit.
"Sorry about that" she whispered to the Hufflepuff beside her, "I .. I'm veela, it happens."
Sureya half expected the boy to run for cover now that she revealed that she wasn't all human.

"Your Part Veela? Interesting, I'm not feeling any different." said Hamza with a puzzled face. Hamza was surprised that her being part Veela wasn't having any affect on him, although she was a gorgeous girl. Hamza got up, took out his wand and said, "Stand back, I'm going to get your bunny out." He pointed his wand towards the bunny and said, "Wingardium Leviosa", and the bunny was lifted into air. He brought the bunny out and straight onto the hands of the girl. "There, are you happy now?' said Hamza with a smile.

Sureya opened her eyes wide, this boy must have some malfunction somewhere she considered if he wasn't feeling any way different at all. She wondered if he had some veela in himself then but tossed that notion aside, because she knew if he had that she would be feeling something for sure. But as it was it felt good that he wasn't going all gaga like many of the others.

She frowned when he took his wand out, knowing that if they had actually learned any decent spells yet she would be able to use them herself. As it was they wouldn't be starting charms for another semester and in DADA they hadn't learned a single incantation yet. Sureya marveled when he did a levitation spell as easily as if he had been working his wand for years, though part of her did want to mutter 'show off' she also bit her tongue from saying so. He had helped her after all and she shouldn't be ungrateful that the boy could do spells they hadn't even learned yet.

With Luis safely in her arms she smiled at the boy and nodded her head.
"Yes I am happy now" she glanced at her white ball of fluff affectionately, "thank you".
And then she seriously couldn't help herself the immense relief seemed to swamp her that Luis was back from the brink of danger safely. She leaned forward and kissed the boy very quickly and gently on the cheek.
"Thanks" she said again, cuddling her rabbit for the umpteenth time. Sureya wondered if it would be rude of her to ask him how he could do magic so soon but held her tongue once again. This was one of the very rare exceptions before her after all, a boy who didn't respond to her veela-ness.

As Hamza took the bunny out of it's hiding spot and into the girl's arms, he felt good, now that the bunny was in safe hands and with the girl who loved the bunny to death. Quite to Hamza's surprise, he wasn't feeling anything towards Sureya, although she did say that she was part Veela, which got Hamza wondering that was his special ability protecting him? Hamza had special abilities which he was aware of, but he didn't know that his abilities would be able to protect him from other kinds of affects, plus, he didn't know the full extent of his power still had to learn a lot before he could master everything.

After the bunny was in the girl's hands, he looked at her face and saw an expression, which led his to believe that she wasn't happy with him using magic, or so he thought. Hamza used magic a lot of the times rather than doing stuff with his own hands because he found magic to be easier, plus he thought that if you had magic, why let it go to waste when you could use it for regular purposes and occasions like this one.

Hamza looked at the girl, wondering why she didn't use magic herself to get the bunny out. "Good, now the bunny is in safe hands now. Tell me though, why did you not use magic yourself to get your bunny out of the tough spot?" said Hamza thinking that she wouldn't mind the question, it just got Hamza wondering that either she wasn't good with magic, or she wasn't taking the DAD class yet to learn any magic. When the girl leaned forward and kissed Hamza on the cheek, Hamza turned around and blushed a little bit, not that he was attracted to the girl or anything, but the fact that she had kissed him on the cheek out of no where, which surprised Hamza a lot. Hamza then turned around and as the girl was holding the bunny in her hands, cuddling it, giving it a few kisses, which led Hamza to believe that she indeed loved the bunny a lot and said, "Don't worry about, no need to thank me. I'm sure anyone else that was in my position would have helped you out as well." Hamza then smiled.

Sureya sighed when he asked her the question as if he seriously didn't know.
"Well none of us have learnt any of spells yet, I know some first years have read a few books in advance of lessons but we haven't learnt the levitating spell yet as we haven't done charms and won't until next semester" she told him very matter of factly as she stood up still cuddling Luis to her.

A few students walked passed on their way down to the Great Hall but she took no notice of them as she spoke to the boy.
"I mean I could easily read up on the spells too but I'd rather learn it properly from the professors. I wouldn't want to get into trouble or anything" she shrugged, "who taught you that spell?"

Sureya was curious by nature and her parents had wondered why she hadn't run off to practice any spells once she had gotten her first wand with her school supplies but she was also a practical creature and knew trouble followed her around whether she wanted it too or not. It was because of this she had decided to leave any training of her own in the hands of the professionals.

Hamza was a little surprised when she said that she had not learned not one spell yet, surely everyone had learned at least one spell by themselves. Hamza then remembered the time his father was teaching him a few spells to know before he got to Hogwarts because his father knew the dangers around Hogwarts, so he wanted his son to be safe, so he taught him some basic spells and a few advanced spells that took a while for Hamza to control, but he eventually learned to control them. "Well, I believe that all students should know at least one or two basic spells before even coming to Hogwarts so they have something in their mind." said Hamza wondering why this girl didn't know even one spell.

A few students walked pass the him and the girl, and the students were giving looks to the girl as if they were in love with her or something, and then Hama gave them a look which pretty much told them to screw off and the students went off running. Hamza understood the student's situation, since it was because of her being Veela, but Hamza still wondered why the Veela wasn't working on him. "Learning from Professors is a good idea, but learning the very basic spells on your own isn't a bad idea either." said Hamza with a smile. Hamza heard her asking on who taught him the spell and it reminded him of the time his father was teaching him and the hard times he had to go through to learn everything his father had taught him.

"Well, my father taught me a few spells before coming to Hogwarts, some are basic spells like the one your witnessed earlier, and some are very advanced spells that might only be used by 7th year students and other older people, but I can control them." said Hamza while touching the bunny in the cheek and it started to nibble on his finger. Hamza thought that the bunny was one of the cutest bunnies he had ever seen. "You know that bunny is the cutest I've ever seen." said Hamza with a smile. "I suppose you can say that I do some private training as well since I train myself individually advancing my power, my spells and my special abilities as well." said Hamza.

She felt utterly embarrassed now as he spoke, he sounded just like her father.
"My father said the same thing actually, he was more than happy to teach me some basic spells that would prepare me for the school but as excited as I was about coming here, I wanted instead to be outside enjoying everyday of freedom I had left and didn't want to waste a moment of it learning" she shrugged her shoulders smiling as he petted Luis.

Her rabbit seemed to enjoy the extra attention, preening itself lazily in her arms having no idea how very close to death he had come. Sureya could only smile at her bunny, small and sweet with bright red eyes as if he were an albino.
"Thank you" she smiled at the boy and then as a thought struck her she held out her hand, "I'm Sureya Eidos, I guess it would be unfair to ask you to teach me a few basics would it?" another smile and this time an older boy got caught in the cross fire, stumbling when he saw her and unable to take his eyes off of her even as his friends pulled him away.

Hamza really found this girl very interesting because she had a lot that most girls in this school didn't have, especially her being Veela and a few more things. Hamza was surprised to hear that her father had said the same thing and she did not listen to him. Hamza was always more than happy to learn anything his father had to teach him because one of Hamza's goals was to be the best and be one of the very powerful wizards to ever live. Hamza knew that it was a wild dream, but it wasn't an impossible one. "Well, if your father was to teach you basic spells, my suggestion would have been to learn them because you never know when trouble strikes, like the situation we had back there with your bunny." said Hamza. Hamza didn't want to put down Sureya, but she had to understand that with out magic, life is pretty tough and if you let the time slip out of your hands, then it's long gone.

"You are enjoying every moment of freedom you have, but what good is it if you don't have any knowledge? You have freedom here as well, I'm pretty sure everyone at Hogwarts has more freedom here than they did back home, I surely do." said Hamza with a smile. Hamza saw Sureya putting out her hand for a hand shake, which Hamza took his hand out as well to shake her hand. "I already know your name Sureya Eidos." said Hamza with a small laugh. Hamza had many special abilities with him that even he did not know of, but for the ones the he did know of, one of them was that if he spent enough time with a person, he would be able to read certain thoughts of their mind and their name as well. "Of course I would be willing to teach you basic spells." said Hamza with a smile. Instantly, he saw another older boy coming towards Sureya as if he was trapped in Sureya's Veela spell, but he was dragged away by his friends, which made Hamza laugh.

Sureya was usually extremely polite and easy going but having a boy her own age telling her what she should have done regarding her lessons and her fathers suggestion made her bristle uncomfortably.
"People get lazy if they depend every minute of the day on spells when we were given two perfectly good hands and a brain to figure things out as well. Not everything in life will be resolved through the use of magic and the sooner you realise that ... " she realised that she still didn't know his name and couldn't recall it from class either though she figured that was how he knew hers; "then the better for you. Thanks for getting Luis, I do appreciate it greatly but please don't tell me how I should and should not live my life. A few basic spells is not the sum of all knowledge. I have applied myself every moment here to studying and my assignments. We're only young for crying out loud".

She could feel her temper rise a little now and wanted nothing more than to stomp her foot as a result but just managed to refrain herself. Why she was letting the boys words aggravate her so unnecessarily was beyond her but they were. With the air of someone much too proud for her own good, as her true heritage kicked its way into her consciousness, her haughty pureblood genes from the foreboding Fiorelli's and the Veela blood of the Matisse family stirred its way through her. Sureya would later feel appalled of course for she never lost her temper, never said a bad word or an unkind word to anyone but it seemed as if the cord of infinite patience that ran through her had finally snapped.
"It's quite alright actually... I think I'll do it myself or ask an older student to help me" her pale blue eyes seemed as if they would pierce the boy now but in that moment she looked more beautiful and more dangerous than she had ever looked before. She seemed to tremble, ripple as her temper fought for supremacy within her.

As Sureya was talking, he noticed a different tone from Sureya, as if she was becoming a little upset with the way Hamza was talking to her. Hamza was wondering why she had change her tone. He did not mean to cause any trouble for Sureya, nor was he trying to make her mad, that was not in the nature of Hamza at all. "I agree with you there Sureya, if people count too much on magic, then they will become too lazy." said Hamza while looking towards Sureya. He was a little embarrassed about him talking about magic so much that he forgot the type of person he was, who didn't rely on magic all the time to help him through his needs. "Hey Sureya, take it easy. I'm not telling you to do anything nor do I mean to, that was not my point. Please don't take anything I say offensively." said Hamza putting one of his hands on Sureya's shoulder to try to comfort her to calm down. "I'm sorry for trying to what may seem like giving you a lecture or trying to change you or something, that's not my intention at all. You see, I just give people advice, you know, that's what I do best. Even if it mean's hurting myself, I still give good advice to people so that they can get the benefit that I couldn't get." said Hamza with a smile.

Hamza was feeling bad at himself now because of what he had done. Hamza turned around and started to mumble words to himself, cursing at himself for what he did. He then turned back to look towards Sureya. Sureya then said that she didn't need his help or anything. Hamza could sense the anger around Sureya. "I apologize for what may have seemed to you a bad behavior. It is not in my nature to do something like this nor do I like to disappoint anyone." said Hamza while looking Sureya straight in her eyes. "I don't mean to tell you to do anything. I was just sharing my experience with you, that's all. Please don't take anything the wrong way. I'm sorry." said Hamza. Hamza really didn't want to turn a bad impression on Sureya because he started to like her a lot, she seemed the type of girl whom he could hang out with to have good discussions, and to have a good time. Hamza then looked towards his hands and slapped himself hard in his head a few times. "Stupid me, what have I done.." said Hamza hitting himself.

She had never in her life experienced the rush of anger that she had just felt. Sureya was startled by it and shocked by it at the same time. It had felt as if her entire body was rippling or something, it was most bizarre and she wondered if it had anything to do with what she was? Any form of anger was simply never displayed by her before and this had indeed greatly shaken her. Her ice blue eyes looked apprehensively at the boy who began hastily talking in earnest to her now.

Sureya felt so apologetic, so ashamed that she had upset this boy when he was only meaning to be well intentioned. She looked on as he raised his hands to his forehead and began to slap it a few times.
"Stop" she cried out stepping closer and reaching out with her one free hand to halt his own hands, "don't do that."
Her voice was a soft plea as her eyes beseeched him to comply.
"I don't know what came over me. I usually take advice and well meaning criticism very well" she told him honestly, slowly moving her hand from his in the hopes that he would not pound his head any more. She stepped back once again, knowing that sometimes those that were in too close a proximity got affected but then she mused inwardly, there was no need to worry. He didn't feel anything close or far away from her.

"Can we try this again... hello, I am Sureya. What's your name?" she smiled and it seemed as if a ray of sunbeams had entered the patch of corridor that they stood upon. A passing third year collided with a suit of armour that went crashing loudly to the floor thankfully breaking the enchantment he had been under from her smile alone and embarrassed he rushed to straighten the suit of armour before hurrying off.

Hamza was hitting himself on the head as he saw Sureya telling him to stop. Hamza really didn't want to stop because he had upset a girl that he had just met and making a good first impression to Hamza was very important. Hamza had never really upset anyone on the first time he met someone. Hamza then stopped and started to fix his own hair, his shirt and started to dust of his pants. "I'm sorry Sureya, I had no intention to hurt you or anything, it's not a habit for me to talk bad to someone, let alone hurt someone." said Hamza slowly talking. Hamza really started to like Sureya and thought that they both can be really good friends if he didn't screw up again like he did now. "I promise I won't say anything that might offend you from now on." Hamza took a small pause and said, "It's just a small habit of mine to give advice, generally I give advice to help someone, but if the advice is taken the wrong way, I feel very bad." said Hamza looking at his hands.

Hamza then took a few deep breathes and fixed his loose belt around his pants. Hamza started to chuckle a bit on the inside when Sureya said to start this again. Hamza took another deep breath and then said, "Good to meet you Sureya, my name is Hamza Khalid." Hamza then gave a good smile to Sureya, trying to make her feel comfortable. Hamza noticed that a third year student had collided with a suit of armor that made really loud noises as it fell to the floor, which then broke the enchantment that the student was under. Hamza was still surprised that why wasn't Sureya being part Veela wasn't working on him, as it should. "Now that's funny." said Hamza chuckling a little bit. "I'm still surprised that why am I not attracted to you by you bring Part-Veela" Hamza took a small pause and said, "....Not that your not beautiful or anything already..." said Hamza as he turned around and started to blush as his face went to being red.

Sureya could only smile now and shake her head politely trying to reassure him that it was alright; that she was the one who had over reacted. She smiled brightly as he introduced himself this time around, it felt good to have a name to go with the face at last and she said to him when the loud clang interupted her and she looked at the older boy reassembling the suit of armour. Turning her attention back to Hamza she shrugged.

She could not help but feel somewhat endeared to the boy as he spoke about not being attracted to her and stumbled across correcting himself about her beauty. Sureya reached out a slender hand and gently touched his shoulder.
"Hamza, it is alright. I much prefer that you do not behave like these others and I thank you for the compliment" she wanted him now to feel at ease around her and so changed the subject for that reason, "Do you like being part of Hufflepuff?"
Luis wriggled slightly in her arms and cuddling him she turned in the direction of their house, indicating to Hamza that she was going to be walking that way if he wanted to walk with her.

Hamza started to laugh on the inside when the boy who was staring at Sureya was trying to put the suit of armor together. When she turned back to him, she was trying to comfort in letting him know that it was alright, everyone makes mistakes. Hamza then started to stutter and was blushing a little bit when he was telling her that she was beautiful. Hamza was feeling nervous when Sureya put her hand on his shoulder to give him comfort letting him know that she would much prefer that he didn't act like the rest of the guys did when they were around Sureya. Hamza was still puzzled as to why the Veela charm wasn't working on him, he thought to himself that he might have to do some research to figure this out. "Don't worry, I won't be acting like the other goof balls." said Hamza while laughing. He then put his hand on Sureya's shoulder to give her a positive response that he was serious.

Hamza then got thinking about him being in Hufflepuff. Hamza never thought that he would be in Hufflepuff when he was being sorted, so it was a little bit of a surprise to him. "Well, when I was under the sorting hat, I never really expected myself to be in Hufflepuff, perhaps Gryffindor, but Hufflepuff was very surprising." said Hamza. Hamza didn't regret the decision though, he was having a great time being in Hufflepuff and loved every second of it. "Although I'm not regretting the decision made by the Sorting Hat. I'm having a great time so far, have met with wonderful people, like yourself." said Hamza with a smile. Hamza then noticed Sureya walking towards their house, so he continued to walk beside her. "What about you? Do you like being in Hufflepuff?" said Hamza with a smile.

She could only smile at him though she wondered about it herself, the reason why he was not as affected by her veela blood as other boys were. If they could figure that out and bottle it, her life would be so much easier.
"I think I always knew I would be part of Hufflepuff house. If not there I think perhaps Ravenclaw but I know the hat chose wisely for me. They are so caring and understanding there and well... I need that at times" she blushed slightly, "Who doesn't though?"

"I love Hufflepuff" she told him truthfully as Luis began to wiggle about in her arms. Sureya eyed him specutively before glancing back at Hamza, "I hope you don't think me rude but I do have to go now. It's almost Luis' feeding time and he gets awful upset if I don't feed him on time."

Sureya bid her new found friend a fond farewell before running off in the direction of Hufflepuff House and her dormitory. She hoped that they would meet again out side the class room and couldn't help but turn back to smile at him as she made her way up wards.

Hamza listened as Sureya explained how she loved being in Hufflepuff, and that she knew that she would be part of Hufflepuff. "Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff both have a lot in common, but are a little different in some ways." said Hamza with a smile. "I agree with you, everyone needs help sometimes." said Hamza. He then noticed Luis began to move around in Sureya's arms which gave him the feeling that it might be time for her to leave. "No, I don't mind at all. We can meet later on." said Hamza with a smile. Just like that, he saw Sureya waving good bye to him and he did the same to give her a warm feeling that she made a good friend today. Hamza was very happy to see that she made a great and caring friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back