There's a storm brewing...

Lola Rowann

Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Dragonstone
Lola walked through the great hall to the staff table wondering what on earth all the buzz could be about now. She hadn't heard any major school event was on the cards except for the usual Halloween feast but that certainly wouldn't have students burning stuff at their tables. Four times on the way to the staff table, she had to lift her wand and call aquamenti to put some minor fires out.

Had the children all gone mad? Some were quite literally storming out of the great hall in fits of temper. Lola put her wand back into the mass of curls piled high on her head as she gathered the ends of her greyish blue gown and sat at the table looking out over what could only be described as the hell mouth. Students were not happy. Lola reached for an apple, taking down her wand again she cut it before her eye finally caught a glimpse of what appeared to be some sort of magazine.

Sitting back in her chair, she began to read. Lola always enjoyed the quibbler above all the other papers and found humour as well as the shock factor in the magazine. So this is what had them all up in arms? Oh dear.

Remus was on his way to the great hall, limping slightly on his left side, After his Bleak street incident his leg felt a little sore, but it was getting better rather quickly, He hid it most of the time. Remus entered the great hall after he heard alot of quarilling and tantrum's when he saw another colleague at the table, he had noticed that fires had been put out and Kid's were storming out throwing a magazine across the room... Well rather several of them. As one came flying down toward Remus, he quickly through his hand forward grabbing it and headed over to the Staff Table. He read the magazine as he went, and stopped at the exact right time's when an apple or something of the sort was thrown across the room, it was as if he was looking where he was going. Remus advanced forward to the table some more, catching one of the apples that so happened to fly passed his head and began to sink his teeth into it before taking a seat at the table, throwing the magazine onto the table, "Unbelievable." He groaned, before looking at the Colleague who was seated next to him, he had not met her before, "Hello." He smiled before continuing, "My Names is Remus Firn, One of the New Professor's." He introduced himself with a smile.

Lola could not help but smirk at some of the things mentioned, she wasn't your typical walk with the pack type of professor. She always had and always would march to her own drum. She looked up to see a colleague sit down.
"Hello Remus" she greeted after he had introduced himself, "turning into a small war zone down there isn't it? I'm Lola, Lola Rowann".

She pointed to a particular entry and smiled.
"Whoever is supplying the material should really keep up to date Zazuka Bones and Brian Getathorn began dating last semester".
A plate came whizzing by like a muggle frizzbee and Lola flicked her wand to send it gliding gently down to the table without any damage.
"Sorry Miss" a student grumbled.

Lola grinned and nodded back at the young rascal as she scanned through the magazine.
"Don't know why he's throwing plates about, he's not even mentioned. Maybe that's why?"

Remus smirked as Lola spoke and introduced herself, "It's a Pleasure." He smiled to her as he looked around taking anotehr bight of his apple. "Just a little of a war zone." He smiled to her and looked at some of the other plates flying around. "I doubt it is that he wasn't mentioned, Maybe it's just an excuse to do Stupid things." Remus chuckled as he stood up from the chair placing one of his hands and looked to either side of the hall, as he saw students jumping on the table, "Thats Quite enough...." He said looking at them all, "Dont you lot have something better to do? Maybe... Getting house points taken away?" he hinted toward them, before seeing half of the students leave, and the other half continue. He let out a sigh, there was no winning with the rebellious ones. He took his seat once again, "Well... Who ever wrote this isn't going to be too popular." He chuckled taking another bite of his apple once he had finished the speech he had given.

Lola watched him stand up to address the rambunctious teens but knew they would either take it elsewhere or ignore the professor.
"Seems we have a little Mutiny Remus, perhaps a coffee first before we start the morning drudgery?"

Lola flicked her wand as another student stood up on a bench near the back of the hall as if about to protest about the contents of the magazine. The student presently sat down very quietly, more embarressed that her tongue had gone suddenly very limp in her mouth which now fell out to the side. The girl tried pushing it back in but to no avail. A few of her friends laughed but the wee protest was over for now.

Lola smiled innocently into her mug of coffee.
"So how are you finding it here so far?"

Remus nodded to Lola as she insisted they have some coffee, "Perhaps that would be a good idea." He smiled to her before he watched as the girl's tongue drooped out of her mouth, he smiled kindly over to her. "Well... It's different to what i did before here.." He said as he took another bite of the apple, "Besides the sudden change I'm settling in Great." He smiled to her as he finished his apple, and had merely the core left. Remus looked over to one of the children who removed his wand to burn another magazine, though before he had the chance through his Apple, disarming the student in an instant, before Remus gave him a cold glare. The boy gut off the table, grabbed his wand and ran out of the hall. Remus relaxed in his chair with a groan.

Lola poured him a large mug of coffee and then one for herself. Using simply her index finger and a non verbal, a teaspoon scooped some sugar - six to be exact into her mug and began to stir.
"Sugar?" she asked with an air of calmness. If all about are losing their heads and all that...
Hers she had always thought, at least her brain had gone on vacation a long time ago.

"And just what did you do before coming here?" Lola smiled as the apple core disarmed the boy, "Oh good shot. Maybe a bit of target practise is in order?"

With a grin she glanced about the Great Hall, she wouldn't normally use magic on students like this but they were getting out of hand and even with two professors at the faculty table were simply not giving a toss. Summoning one of the ghosts, Lester the Lanky she politely asked him to go pop his head up through the fruit bowl on the Hufflepuff table where a few older students were getting obstreperous.

Remus nodded as she said 'Sugar' , "Two Please." He smiled to her, before grinning to himself as she prided his aim, "Target Practice, I like to think im quite good at." He smiled to her as he Non-verbally, cast 'Accio' upon another apple that came flying through the room, into his hand. Remus caught it taking a small Bite, and chewed before swallowing. "Before my arrival here... I was... I guess what you could call a vigilante" He said not going into details.

Lola turned to look at him closely, eyeing him up and down and not giving a rats arse whether it made him uncomfortable or not. When she was through with her inspection she merely gave a soft chuckle before having the spoon put two scoops into his cup and stir it effectively.

"Vigilante eh? well you are in good company today then Professor Firn" she winked, Lola preferred the odd balls of society having always been one herself.
"And exactly what was it you were being vigilant about Remus?" she cast him a side long glance as she sipped her mug of coffee.

Remus took up his coffee and sipped it as she listened to her questions, "Well Let's just say... I didn't think the Law was doing enough to prosecute Worshipers of the Dark Mark." He smiled to her, before turning his gaze away and down to the floor. "They aren't the best years of my life... " He said before looking back up at her and took another bite of his new apple, before swallowing and then a few moments later had some more coffee, before placing his mug to the table.

"Ah yes well alot of us still don't think they are doing enough but we don't all go out creating our own laws now do we?" she wasn't going to tell him the stupid things she had gotten herself involved in while at Beauxbaton or Salem, not to mind when she had been part of the ministry in America. No, it was sometimes better off leaving the past where it was. Revolutionaries seldom had their day, until their day was quite literally numbered. There were so many Dark Magic factions abroad that herself and her friends and banded together to form their own small army of sorts. It had been necessary at the time but times changed, at least she hoped they did but history really did have a nasty habit of repeating itself.

"But they did make you the person you are today, did they not?" another student went storming out of the hall. Lola noted it was the young Getathorn boy who had chosen to read the magazine at the Hufflepuff table.
"Hmmm no doubt gone to warn Zazuka" she muttered to no one imparticular.

Remus nodded to the point she had made to him. "Indeed." He said to her as he finished off his apple, throwing the core out toward two bickering student's just outside the Hall, who he hit both in the head. The Apple bounded off ones head, into the others. Remus looked back at Lola, "Hmph," he muttered before continuing, as he placed his hand over his premature Lines upon his face, the two large lines, "So, By the looks of the way students fear you, you teach... Defence against the Dark Arts." he guessed, looking over at her.

Ciaphas walked into the hall, paused, noticed the various bunches of students at the house tables. An owl fluttered overhead; it was his family owl, Perlia. Opening up his hand, Perlia dropped a package into it, nibbled him on the ear, then flew off. Ciaphas began reading the magazine as he made his way through the tables, deftly avoiding the numerous students despite his face being buried in it.

"Hnnh," he said as he finally reached the table, waving the magazine at Remus and Lola. "I suppose you've read this?" he said. Noticing a Ravenclaw get rather upset out of the corner of his eye, he flicked his hand lazily. The Ravenclaw's legs folded under him as Ciaphas forced him to sit down. "I don't really get it, but I suppose this is the reason the students are getting riled up?"

Lola grinned as she saw her fellow DADA professor strolling down with a magazine in hand.
"They don't fear me, I won't let them but yes I do teach that glorious subject as does this fellow here" she smiled as Ciaphas sat down.
"Larraman meet Firn or if you want a bit more informality, Ciaphus meet Remus" as she scanned the room she was happy to see not much else happening, the few students giving out about the magazine could spout eloquently away.

Remus smiled kindly to Ciaphas, "Hello there." He said in a normal toned voice, before glancing around the area to take a glimpse of the hall become some what more calm then it once was. Remus nodded to Ciaphas, "Indeed we have read it already, And indeed it is the reason for the Students to act the way thy area." he said nodding to him.

"You think there'll be a riot or something?" he asked as Ciaphas helped himself to toast and butter. "Half of me is hoping no, half of me is hoping yes," he admitted. "The half that hopes yes wants to cut loose a bit, and the half that hopes no dreads the paperwork that will accompany the mess." He bit into his toast, chewed and swallowed. "Although first we should find out the culprit."

Lola smiled as she shook her head.
"This kind of magazine pops up in every school at some point, it is usually the work of some very insecure person or simply someone with way too much time on their hands.Whoever it is, you can be sure it is not just one but a few involved. There is way too much information here to be gleaned from simply one source, there has to be more than one" she sipped her coffee then seeing a bunch of Hufflepuffs begin to argue she put her wand to her throat, muttered 'Sonorus'.
"Would you two girls at the Hufflepuff table please sit down quietly or see me in detention later today"

Reversing the charm with 'Quietus', she turned back once more to her colleagues, "A very famous muggle Oscar Wilde once wrote that the only thing worse than people talking about you is no one talking about you".

Remus nodded as he looked around the Hall, "Well... The 'people' Involved should be seen to soon enough, some ones lips may just happen to pop open." He said with a hand gesture of his clenched fist moving to an open palm, "Soon enough...." he murmured to himself as he picked up his coffee and took a final sip, before casting it back down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back