Thyme Chatwin

Bright l Botanist l Storyteller 📚
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curved 12 Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Thyme was enjoying his stay at the castle so far. Every day he was exploring another bit of the castle. There was so much to see. Today he was standing still at a large windowsill to take in the breathtaking view. It was amazing how beautiful it was. Almost as if it was enchanted or magical enhanced. Thyme decided to stay in the moment and he seated himself in the window sill. He opened a book on his lap and enjoyed the beautiful scenery that he was surrounded with.

It had taken Leanna a bit of time to get used to her new surroundings but so far she was quite enjoying her stay at the castle. It was a lot different than what she had imagined it would be, and even though she was keen on learning more and more about magic with each passing day, a lot of it was still just very confusing to her. Thankfully, some older students had comforted her with the thought that she'd be up to speed at no time. Leanna was on her way to the common room after having spent lunchtime in the Great Hall when she noticed a familiar face sitting in one of the windowsills reading a book. ''Hey, Thyme, right?'' She said as she approached the boy. She'd seen him around their common room these past couple of days and also remembered him from the night that they got sorted by the Sorting Hat, so hoped that she had gotten his name right. ''Watcha reading?'' she asked curiously.

Thyme looked up from his book and stared at a girl he knew had also been sorted in Ravenclaw. He didn't remember her name, but she had remembered his apparently. The girl was a curious fellow, but Thyme didn't mind that much. The book that he had opened was Lord of The Rings a very old Muggle Book. It had been in his family for almost seventy years now. The book was still in mint condition though and since Thyme was the only reader in the family and they trusted him with not ruining a book it was his now. ''Oh, this is Lord of the Rings'' He didn't explain any further, he just assumed everyone knew the books. ''Don't mind me asking what your name is?'' Thyme asked with a smile on his smile. He hadn't remembered hers, but he barely remembered any from the sorting ceremony. ''Were you also going up here to enjoy the scenery or were you stalking me'' Thyme closed the book, there was no use in reading anything now.

Leanna was surprised to hear that the boy was reading the Lord of the Rings of all books. She didn't know that people here would be reading such books. Unless, of course, they were Muggle also. ''Oh, I'm Leanna,'' she replied with a friendly smile, not bothered at all that he hadn't remembered her name. They had experienced quite a lot in these past days after all so she couldn't blame him for what he would and would not remember from it. It had been a lot to take in even for her. ''Well, I was on my way to the common room, but I think that I've taken a wrong turn somewhere. I don't remember this bit of the castle.'' It wasn't the first time she had mistaken one corridor for the other and probably wouldn't be the last time either. ''Are your parents Muggles by any chance?'' she asked him curiously. They had to have been if he was reading that book here.

Thyme listened to the witch telling him her name and made a mental note not to forget it again. He smiled when she explained she had taken a wrong turn. The castle was a giant maze and Thyme understood that feeling perfectly. ''Yeah, the castle can be a bit of a maze'' Thyme looked at the other first year. ''If you walk back and take two rights you end up at the common room'' He said, he had remember the route he had taken when he left from the common room. Thyme had heard from Rose was muggles were and that his parents were indeed muggles. He nodded ''Yes, they are'' Thyme mentioned ''My sisters are both magical too though and so is my cousin'' It was funny how many magical family members he had. ''Yours?'' Having no clue if it was a bad question or not.

Leanna nodded in agreement, hoping that she would understand the layout of the castle better throughout the year. She would have to if she wanted to be on time for classes. She turned to look over her shoulders to take in the directions he was giving her. It came as a surprise to her that she was actually closer to the common room than she thought she had been. That was good, it meant that she had not completely forgotten the way. ‘’Thank you,’’ the girl said with a thankful smile. She didn’t know that multiple people in the same family could be wizards and witches whilst their parents were Muggles, which for a brief moment made Leanna wonder if there was still magical blood to be discovered in their brothers after all. ‘’Oh yeah, mine are Muggles for sure,’’ she said, remembering the way they had acted while shopping for her school supplies in Obsidian Harbour. ''So, The Lord of the Rings,'' she began. ''It's still a surprise to see anyone reading those books in 2055. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.''

Thyme nodded when the girl thanked him. It felt a bit awkward, he just explained how she needed to get back to the Ravenclaw common room. Not like he had done something major for her. It was nice to hear he wasn't the only muggleborn in his year. Not that it mattered Thyme didn't care about blood types, but it felt nice to be able to talk about simple mundane things like missing your phone. ''Its a familly heirloom by now'' Thyme said about the book. ''The story is still epic, it has everything a good book needs.'' Thyme paused ''Elves, dwarfs, heroins and this epic land called Middle Earth'' Thyme said excitingly. ''What do you miss most now you are at Hogwarts?"' He missed his phone, but that was since he couldn't contact his friends while he was at school.

Leanna chuckled when Thyme said that the book had become a family heirloom. It was definitely an old book and she had not expected anyone here to know about it. It was good to know that she wasn’t going to be the only one with Muggle knowledge here. It was also good to know that she wasn’t going to be the only one around with good taste for books, especially Muggle ones. She listened attentively when he told her about the book, wholeheartedly agreeing with the boy that it was a very epic story even if it was something difficult to read through. ‘’Well, I used to go to school with my brothers, which was always very fun. I guess I miss their company the most.’’ Leanna told him. ''What about you? What do you miss the most now that you are here?''

Users who are viewing this thread

Back