OOC First Name
Tamara
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Sturdy Rosewood Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
So far Hogwarts had been an amazing place. She had made some friends and the lessons were great. She had learned new things and joined the Arts Club. She had wrote a letter to her cousin and she was currently on her way to the Owlery to find Hubert, the owl that had been in the family for god knows how long. The owl wasn't the youngest anymore, but he did his job. She spotted to owl quickly and fed it an owl treat. She wondered how kids with owls as pets fed them, there wasn't a pet store that sold mice outside. Nic grinned and bound the letter to the owls leg.

Brooke had just finished sending off her latest update to her parents, eager to share how her classes were going with them. She glanced over her shoulder when she spotted a familiar Gryffindor getting her own letter ready to send. "Oh is that your owl? It's pretty," She said, stepping closer. "My sister wanted to get a raven for school, can you imagine?" Brooke said with a small smile, imagining a hulking black raven amongst the rafters.

Hubert knew where the letter needed to go, he had his usual routes. Hubert nibbled on the treat when she heard a voice. ''It is my families owl, my brother and sister use it too.'' She said while looking at the girl. She was sure she had seen her in class. ''Ravens are cool, very smart creatures.'' Nic said ''Wouldn't want one in my bedroom though.'' Ravens were messy and made a lot of sound. Nic brought a cat to Hogwarts and she was sure that her cat would try to hunt a Raven. ''What kind of pet did you bring?'' Nic asked.

"That's right, aren't you one of the triplets?" Brooke asked. She couldn't remember their names, but she knew there were three of them across some houses. "Ravens are a bit unconventional at least," She said, shrugging. "Oh I didn't get one this year. I was so sure I'd be too busy and leave it stuck in my dorm all day or something," She said with a sheepish smile. Now that Brooke knew school wasn't too difficult just yet, a pet was more appealing. "Did you bring your own too, then?"

''Yeah, my brother is in Ravenclaw and my sister is in Hufflepuff'' Nic paused ''Funny how we got all separated by the sorting hat.'' The houses did suit their personalities so it was fine, she did miss her siblings. ''That is very true'' Nic wasn't sure if there was a Gryffindor that brought a Raven as a pet, so far she hadn't seen one. ''Yeah I was scared for that as well, I brought a cat myself, but he seems to carry himself most of the times.'' She couldn't see caring for a heavy needs pet. ''I wouldn't have the time caring for a higher needy pet though.''

Brooke nodded thoughtfully at the mention of the triplets all being split it. "Makes you wonder what it sees and stuff during sorting. I ended up in the same house as my sister, though she's pretty adamant we're nothing alike," She said, leaning against the wall near one of the Owlery windows. "Cats are a good choice. I always thought pygmy puffs were cute, and if it means fewer spiders in my room I'm in," She said with a small laugh.

The sorting hat had a mind of its own, she had wondered how it had worked, but she had no clue. ''Yeah, the sorting hat is a big mystery.'' At first she had wondered if it might be a kind of puppet item that someone from far away would animate, but that wasn't possible. ''Pygmy puffs are so cute and don't require a lot of maintenance'' Nic said ''You could always get one during the break or next year.'' The balls of fuzz were so cute. ''Are you also going to send a letter to your family?''

[sorry I lost track of this one]
"It's pretty impressive magic, whatever it is," Brooke said, wondering if she could look up more about it later. Maybe in Hogwarts, a History. "They're adorable," Brooke gushed, glad Nicola agreed. "Though probably pretty appetizing to the school cats as well," She added with a giggle. "Yeah, I wanted to tell my parents about exams and everything. How'd you think you did?" Brooke said, holding up her letter.

Nic nodded, the sorting hat was some new type of advanced magic. Definetly way over their heads. ''A friend of mine has a pink one.'' Nic mused ''But I saw purple ones as well, they are all adorable indeed.'' Nic smiled. ''My cat doesn't like the small balls of fur'' It was weird like they emitted some kind of scent, her cat never came close to the pets. ''I think I did decent, definitely not top of the class you?''

"Oh that's cute. I'd love a purple one. I'll have to look over the holidays," Brooke said thoughtfully, hoping her parents would allow it. "Hopefully I did well, but it's hard to tell. There's so many clever kids in our year," Brooke said, aiming for modest over worried. Not that she was too worried, but she was eager to find out how everyone had done soon. "Maybe if I did well enough, my parents will get me a pygmy puff," She said with a smile, trying to coax one of the school owls over so she could send her letter.

Nicola was excited to actually talk to someone her age that wasn't her sister or her brother. She was finally making friends. ''Yeah, but being clever doesn't always made you good at the exams'' She heard from Jayden that some flunked the practical parts of the exams. ''I wouldn't even want to get higher grades than the people that studied for the full semester'' Those people should get the pay off in grades at least, she wasn't going to throw away her free time for grades. Nic suddenly realized she didn't even know what this girls name was. ''I am Nicola by the way, I totally forgot to introduce myself'' Nic grinned. ''I hope they will, I would love to meet your pygmypuff.'' Nic said excitingly.

Brooke had to laugh at Nicola's comment, nodding. "That's true, my sister's supposed to be smart but she does terribly at exams," She said, brushing her hair back over her shoulder. "But don't tell anyone I said that," She added, giggling again. "I don't see why not, if you shouldn't feel bad just because you did better than other people," Brooke said insistently. She certainly wouldn't. "Oh right, I'm Brooke, nice to meet you," She added, relieved she knew for certain which of the triplets she was talking to now.

Nic hadn't done very good at the exams herself. Flying had been horrible and the others went decent. ''Yeah, sometimes brains can't beat brawn.'' The practical parts went over amazing and Nic had preformed the spells perfectly. ''I won't'' Nic laughed. Brooke was right, but she always felt bad for people studying so hard and then seeing other people get better grades with two fingers stuck up their nose. ''You are right.'' Nic smiled. ''Nice to meet you too Brooke'' Nic looked at the girl in front of her. ''I can't wait for Care of the Magical creatures though.'' She was so excited, every time they had lessons in the Greenhouse she looked at the stretch of grass were the COMC lessons were held.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back