The Winter sun

Layla smiled "I was just about to ask you the same thing, you have already been so kind, I think it should be my treat now", she read through the menu once more "how about chips?" she asked, adding her signature to the portrait she had just finished, "also.....Do you think you could pass me that knife?" she nodded towards the knife that was on the table next to him that for some reason she didn't seem to have on her side.

"and if you want you can have another drink, that one has to be all nasty and cold by now, 'cus you drink slow" she sort of teased.

Lewis chuckled when Layla said that she was going o say the same thing. "Yeah sure why not." He said with a smile. Looking to his side at the knife he looked back to her with a raised eye brow. "Not planning anything reckless are we." He joked before handing her the knife. Lewis liked his sense of humour. It was blunt like a lot of peoples but it was more in the moment and he was told it made him rather funny.

When Layla mentioned his drink he shook his head with a grin. "Yeah il have another coffee. I dont take that long. I just forget." He said then realising he had just made himself sound dumb. "I mean i forgot because i was so occupied on you i didnt really notice it." He said with a smile as he regained himself

Layla smiled "Nothing reckless, I promise" she giggled and held her hands up above her head, she smiled innocently and took the knife to the binding edge of the sketchbook, she carefully and skilfully removed the page with the drawing of lewis on, she bit her lip when she came to the last tricky bit. A smile lit up her face when she had managed to remove the page without damaging anything in the book or herself, she took the page in her hand and slid it towards Lewis, "just a little something so that you wont forget me" she joked, but deep inside she knew that it was the truth, she really didn't want this to be the first and only time that she got to spend time with him.

She got up and walked around the back of Lewis to get their food, she placed her hand softly on his shoulder as she past him, "don't run out on me" she smiled and left him to look at the picture that she drew for him.

Lewis took the picture with a grin. "What makes you think i would forget you?" He sad with a chuckle. When she walked off to get food he watched her go then turned and looked at the picture. "Wow" He said quietly to himself. The picture wasnt half bad. He had no doubt in his mind that she was talented.

When a waiter walked past he got the guys attention and handed him the two used cup that were on their table from their last drinks. "Thanks." He said to the guy as Lewis sat back in his chair and waited for Layla to return with the drinks a food.

'What makes you think i would forget you?' "most people do" she answered simply, smiled and walked away.

Layla ordered the food and drinks and watched Lewis carefully, she smiled in relief, he seemed to like the picture that she had just given him. She sighed she had never really been this comfortable with a guy before, shame that the first one I do feel good with is four years older and probably wouldn't look at me twice she thought to herself.

the food came pretty quick, she balanced the two plates of chips on a tray along with two drinks, a lemonade for herself and another coffee for Lewis, she smiled and made her way over gracefully to the table, "here we go" she said cheerily as she placed the tray between them and took her seat "so what do you think?" she asked nodding at the picture.

She moved the plates off and gave one to Lewis placing his hot drink to the side of his plate so she could take her own drink and place the tray to one side, she took a bite of one of the chips, quickly regretting being so hasty as the piping hot insides burnt her mouth.
After she had managed to swallow the offending piece of chip she guzzled some of her icy drink, she giggled "trust me, I really am such an accident waiting to happen"

"so what were we talking about?" she asked with a cheery smile, even though her mouth was still screaming at her.

Lewis smiled when Layla came back with the drinks and food. He rearranged his plate and then was about to take a bite of a chip when he saw reaction. He placed it back down and laughed. "Thanks for the warning and yeah the picture is actually really good. Im impressed. By the way i take it the chips are hot." He said with a smile and he ran his hand through his hair,

Lewis frowned as he thought for a second. He apparently had bad memory at the moment. He laughed and shook his head. "Urm i cant really remember. I dont think we were talking about much in particular." He said as he thought back. They had just been talking about each other more than any thing. "We were just talking about each other i guess." He said with a passing shrug. He sipped his drink and took a bite of a chip that was on the side of the plate so that it would be cooler. He decided to put a little more salt on them though

Layla giggled "yes they are a little on the warm side" she smiled and nodded, "I hoped that you would like it" she nodded to the drawing once more "I don't usually show people them, they just stay in my sketch book sort of like a diary" she exlplained.

She watched him running his fingers through his hair once again "you know you don't have to keep doing that, you look just fine" she smiled

Layla smiled "oh yeah, I remember I was trying to get you to talk about yourself" she smiled, "but we still ended up talking about me didn't we?" she asked although it wasn't really a question, "ok, lets try a question that you have to answer before you can get me to talk about myself again, Do you have any siblings?" she knew it was a boring question but asking about family usually proved to be a good way of getting to know someone.

Lewis looked up from the picture as she began to talk again. He didnt mind listening to her her, in fact he was fascinated with her. He loved how she acted and spoke. "Well im glad you showed me. This is really good. Are your others as good too?" He asked wondering if she was this good with all her other art work.

He laughed at her next comment about him looking fine as he was. He knew he was good looking although he didnt let it go to his head as he liked the whole whats inside kind of thing. "Thanks. I guess its just a course of habit." He laughed again. "Got to keep person grooming up to scratch." He smiled

He sipped his drink as he listened to her again making sure not to miss a word. "Oh yeah i remember now." He laughed. "Well i dont have any siblings. Well not that i know of anyway. My parents only wanted one child to make their family and apparently im more than they ever wanted." He said as he was about to sort his hair out again as it was bothering him but then moving his hand away as Lay said that he didnt need to. "So yeah im an only child, not that i mind im happy with it. Meant i got more attention as a child and i seem to be doing just fine with out a big brother or anything."

Layla smiled "well, I don't think that my other drawings are as good as the one I did of you, for the simple reason, I don't think the things I drew looked as good as you to start with" she commented with a flirty smile, digging in her bag for her little sketchbook and passed it to Lewis along with the other larger one, "you're welcome to take a look" she smiled knowing that some of her work in there was indeed better than the drawing that she had given him, but only because she had spent longer on them on the many days she used art as an excuse to stay out the house and away from her dad.

she watched him "your just itching to do it again aren't you?" she teased, "come here you she grinned and leaned forwards and ran her fingers through his soft hair, thumbing the bits that would of been annoying him into place "there" she smiled quite happy with her work.

"your lucky to be an only child you know, although basically I guess I am pretty much living as one now and it aint so great" she sighed, and smiled at Lewis a little.

Lewis listened to what Lay was saying as he looked through the sketch pad. " Well not many are as good looking as me." He said sarcasticly. As he looked he could tell that some were better but she had only taken a few minutes on his picture when she may have taken days if not weeks on these pictures. He handed it back to her with a smile. "They are good, you have a real talent. You should go to art school or something." He said as he popped a chip in his mouth, glad that they had cooled down a bit more now.

He smiled when she began to sort his hair out, enjoying the feel of her touch. "Yeah you you got me thanks." He said as he leaned forward to let her sort him out although realising that she moved forward at the same time so they ended up really close to each other. His trail of thoughts from before stopped as e though about his next move. He could tell she was into him, maybe that was just his male ego. Never the less he did have a pair and he lean forward a little and kissed her. He made sure it didnt last long as she may reject him and he may end up getting a slap. He pulled away and looked away. "Sorry." He said regretting that he had just kissed her and put everything at risk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back