The Unexpected Mircales

Jonathan Holland

Jon paced back and fourth, waiting, waiting, and waiting just right outside their bathroom. "C'mon Willow, C'mon Willow you have to tell me what's going on in there, I can't help if you won't let me in" he spoke indirectly to the door. He was honestly new to this all, a father and all, it would be a while new experience and it would be honestly quite a relief with the way she's been all throughout the pregnancy, the constant demands. Woot, he was just happy it was all coming to an end. It won't be the same with Emma, since he never got the chance to see his daughter be born, but he will loved them both the same. Whatever that it was, he will love the baby the same. They decided NOT to know what she was having, because it makes it more exciting if they didn't know.

"Are you ah dilating, I mean the centimeter, if your having contraction every two minutes then we have to go!" he was warn of all the signs, he was told when she was needed to go into St.Mungos, all signs of her being in labor is happening now and he was in a form close to panic. "I promise I won't panic, if there's blood or anything, but we can't stay here any longer" he trigger the door knob, twisting it a few times. Oh right that's it, he was going in if she wanted him in there or not. He went to apparate or close to it, the door open and he saw that she was sitting on the floor with her hands inside a bowl of water. "Are you alright?"

Happy Willow had taken a hike for the last three months. Whatever she was having was making it perfectly clear that it was going to be a thorn in her side for the rest of their lives. Not that she minded all that much. Willow had grown attached to the idea of having a little pain in the butt or two in the house. If they where lucky even a smartass in would be included in there though she was sure that the smart part would not come from her. She had gotten Bass to take over as lead singer until the pregnancy was over. At first there had been some resistance but once he successfully preformed "I'm With Stupid" there wasn't a fan girl on the known planet that didn't love his demon roar. Her water had just broken and Willow had to deal with her husband at the door.

"Which one of us is having the kid?" She asked when he came into the room for her. "Get the bag and get me out of here before it starts to hurt me." She told him as she took her hands out of the pail that she was using to clean up a little bit with. It hadn't hurt the way she had thought it would, it just felt like she had missed a trip to the bathroom but still had to go. It was going to hurt later she knew but by that point she hoped to be in lala land while she pushed her child out. Willow was happy though. She was going to finally know what she had been carrying for nine months and also hold him or her. She really didn't care which at the moment.

Ugh, he was so confused in what to do. He saw her on the floor he panic, he saw her somewhere else he panic, if she tense up he panic, god forbid he doesn't faint here! "Okay, okay so you stay here while I fetch the bag, then we can take you, alright? Don't move stay here" he backed out of the small fresh bathroom and into their room. He went down on his knee looking for the bag under their bed. He used accio, to get a hold of the handle, it shot right at his chest, not the way he wanted, but it was out there and that was good enough for Jon. He walked back in to the bathroom and picked her up by her lower back and carried her, she probably resist but it was best he held onto her anyways. Wouldn't want her to go landing the wrong way in front of everyone while she was nine months pregnant. It was the smart thing to do.

He disappeared, with Willow and their bags, they appeared right out front in St. Mungos, there were so many making such entrance for different emergencies. He walked in straight away making a bee line to the front of the hospital. He hosted her down near a chair. "I'm going to check you in, if something starts happening let me know I'm suppose to be counting the contractions with you" he told her this very quickly, and walked casually to the front of the desk. All this rushing would make anyone dizzy, he needed to cool down and collect his breathing, or else Willow won't be the only one laying in a stretcher besides her bed. He cleared his throat and spoke normally to the attendant up front. "My wife, she's nine months pregnant, broken water and I think she's having a bit of pressure" he fib a little, if he was to say she was okay they would send her back home. for the remaining of the time he did the best he could and was right back at her side no less then ten minutes.

Willow took her seat and put her hands on her stomach, doing the breathing that she had been taught to do. She knew that there was going to be pain and was expecting it. Right on time the contractions got worse making Willow wince. It wasn't helping that Jon was running around like a headless chicken. I wonder if this will be easier if I punch him out. She thought she watched him go up to the woman at the desk. She needed to be taken care of that's for sure because her little bugger wanted out and it wanted out now. I bet it's a boy. They never have any patience. She thought as another contraction made her cry out.

"Pregnant woman needs attention!" She yelled her breathing getting more rapid but she still tried to keep it as even as possible. She didn't want anything to happen the the child that she had inside her. She had been waiting for it since she had found out she was carrying it. Willow was new to motherhood too and she wasn't really domestic in the least but at the moment she felt ready. She wanted this kid as a way to show that she really could be part a family. Willow closed her eyes and gritted her teeth. That was if this one didn't kill her in the prosses of being born.

Professor Natalie Reyes was worried out of her mind. Something was wrong with her son, and despite everything that she had studied and everything that she knew, Natalie had no idea what was causing her Luciano pain. Thank goodness that both Damien and Natalie had been home from Hogwarts New Zealand this weekend when he had begun to vomit. Things had slowly progressed and now he had a fever and was complaining of pain in his side. Luciano's parents could not take it watching their child suffering any longer. With that, Natalie and Damien had apparated with their son to St. Mungo's. Natalie's mother had come straight over to watch Layla for them. Natalie didn't want to worry about neglecting her daughter when all of her attention needed to be on Luciano. She had promised to inform them both the second that they knew what was going on with Luciano.

The young mother walked briskly to the reception desk, trying to keep her cool for both Damien and Luciano. "Hello? I need to check in my son for immediate medical attention." she said, not looking at the man beside her who was pleading with the nurse. "Something is terribly wrong with him." she said, worry creeping into her otherwise calm demeanor. Natalie then quickly glanced at the man beside her who seemed to be panicking though she didn't hear enough of the conversation to know why. Looking over her shoulder, Natalie saw Damien holding Luciano, trying to keeping the wailing child calm. She quickly got the paperwork to start the process of admitting Luciano to St. Mungo's.

Damian could put bets on his son, that he had intense case of dragon pox. That would explain the spotting almost appearing on his face and his constant vomiting. He had never witness someone had this before, though he read many books all the time during his shift at Hogwarts. He saw this case somewhere near the Herbology session of the library. He would recognize the symptoms, one can't be so sure though. When it came down to their kids, him and Natalie did gave a hundred percent to everything that bother them. He held his son in his arm, who would talk in Portuguese to his dad as Natalie went up to check him in. Damian replied back, he brushed his son hair with a warm cloth and dab it around his forehead. In case it was dragon pox, he wanted to keep his temperature chill.

It was kinda annoying since there was so many others waiting to be seen. One woman in particular was crying out in pain, she was well pregnant and looked as she were about ready to pop. Natalie suffered the faith just a year ago or more with his daughter, he couldn't remember if it was a year. Man he was loosing it, he rubbed his eyes with his free hand, and pressed on his son's forehead a little more. "Don't worry they will check on you next papa. Someone will be out in minute" god he hopes so.

Jonathan held onto Willow. 'Come on just breathe, someone will come to you in a minute!" he went back to the front of the desk, there was a woman and she was here because her son was sick. Jon felt bad for her, but he really needed his wife to get check in right away. "Excuse me this really important, but I think the contractions are coming off strong, can you please send her in right away" he asked the woman up front.

"We have a massive amount of others coming sir, we will be right with you. For the mean time we will check to see if she is okay, due to the high volume today, we will asked that you wait here so that she could go in right away" the woman at front said to Jon, she then looked at Natalie, "If you can just tell your husband to bring in your son right in, we'll see what we can do" she assume one of them will come inm as of yet this place was a mad house and the woman was trying everything in her power to get things flowing again.

Jon didn't understand, but he soon found out what they meant. They took Willow in a chair and removed her away from he waiting room, he hope everything was okay, he couldn't comprehend it all, but if it had to be done so be it. He took a seat unease that his wife was without him. This was going to be a horrible day if he was denied access during her labor.

OOCOut of Character:
I Think Willow and Damien will be the one who leaves the waiting room, that just leaves Jon and Nat here.

Willow glared at the woman at the counter. "You have got be sh!ting me! I'm about to give birth in the waiting room and they're making me wait." Willow thought but kept her comments to herself. Cursing out the healers would not get her treated any faster though she felt like cursing out the world right now. The healer came to her and put her in another chair and wheeled her into maternity but she saw that Jon was not there with her. "Wait why isn't he coming. I will someone's heart out if he can't be in here with me." She said though no one took her word for it. Willow didn't like that but there was nothing she could do with a human trying to make it's way out of her.

Willow waived at Jon knowing that he would be in there with her if he had to kill someone. Some of her aggression had rubbed off on him but then some of his self control had calmed her down a lot. She just didn't show that part of herself onstage. For a moment she wondered if the child that she carried would be able to sing, then another contraction ripped though her and she forgot all about singing. Willow was layed on the bed with the leg holds on the sides so her child would have an easier time being born. Willow just hoped that they gave her something so it was so bloody painful for her. Now more than ever she wished they would hurry up and let her husband in to be with her.

When it came to their children, Damien and Natalie were a united front. The children were the main focus of their lives. Natalie looked over at Luciano who was growing more and more pale by the second. Her clear brown eyes were worried for her son as she glanced into Damien's eyes. She squeezed his hand reassuringly, trying to be the confident, strong mother. At that moment, a nurse came out and asked for Damien to follow her with Luciano. Natalie spoke softly to her son in Portuguese as the couple was in the habit of doing. The woman had learned the language years ago when she first started dating Damien. The slender young mother encouraged her son to go with his father. She would be there as soon as she possibly could.

Her smile trembled slightly as she watched Damien and her son go with the nurse. Natalie sighed as she collapsed into the chair. It was taking a toil on her to helplessly watch her child as he suffered. The professor glanced sideways at the man who had been with the screaming pregnant lady. Of course, she understood the screams that were caused by the pain of childbirth. Natalie smiled at the man. "Is this your first child?" she asked in a friendly, polite manner.

The woman explained quickly to why they had to separate the two, there was much of a crowd back there and they were under staff. Jonathan knew if he didn't get in there anytime soon his wife will have a fit. Willow didn't care, around a crowd or not, she'll hurt the next person closes to her. And she would manage with their child coming out of the womb. This worried Jonathan. In attempt to calm his nerves he requested a healer to send off for his brother they did so right away. He sat back down at his seat, a few time Jon got up pacing back and fourth. He sat down again, the pacing didn't calm it down a single bit.

"No I mean sort of" he said to the woman, she was pretty brunette, very delicate like and possibly little older then Jon, he couldn't tell really. "It's my first I've seen being born, I'm kind of worried too, I just never seen it happen before" he admitted to the stranger. Jon skip further details how this came to be about, Emma his daughter will always be his baby girl, otherwise everything he was experience was that of a first time father, "I saw your child, is he alright? And my wife, will she be okay too?"

Natalie Reyes smiled kindly at the man as he spoke to her. The slender woman could tell how anxious he was for his wife and child. The situation seemed complicated with this being the first child he would see be born. She did not ask for more details as she thought that would be rather rude of her. The brunette smiled slightly as she heard both of his questions. She nodded her brown locks. "I think that he will be just fine. Of course, it is always hard to see a child in pain, but I think that our Luciano will be okay once the doctors see him. We caught it in time." she said, more to reassure herself than this stranger.

"Your wife and your child should both be just fine. I have confidence in these Healers. I had our daughter here, and everything went just perfectly. I think that your wife is just experiencing the normal pain that is the joy of child birth." Natalie told him with a pretty white smile. "Damien, my husband, tells me that it's worse for you men having to wait and wonder. I beg to differ." the brunette said with an amused smile. "I'm Natalie by the way. Natalie Reyes." she said holding out her delicate hand for the man to shake.

He was a chair away, not that close to the stranger but enough for Jonathan to hear everything she was saying. "Oh, do you mind asking what is it that he's caught?" Jonathan asked curiously. There was so many sickness out there, like his sister once had been sick with some kind of disease when she was younger. Ever since she was bitten somehow the sickness has gone away. It had been a weird one too, nothing in the magic world sounded weird though, anyone muggel would probably think otherwise. Jonathan sat curious and made a few guesses on his own. He could only come with a fair few, but his guesses were just guesses.

"Okay good, that makes it all better" for him, Willow would still be throwing a fit with Jonathan absent in the room. He took a look around the place, there was much more others coming inside St.Mungos Thank Merlin, he decided not to be a healer. gifted in Herebology and Potion making he probably would've made a good healer. Healer sounded nice, life had sent him in a different direction as career wise go. Him and Jake, both star beaters and Jon sometimes a professor once in a while at the Orion Academy. He could not complain, he's had a grand life.

Natalie spoke to him some more, after knowing her name he exchange his own. "Oh, I think I know what he's talking about. I'm Jonathan Holland, it's a pleasure despite the circumstances" he said with a sigh shaking the woman hand. "Sorry I'm worried, she will go ballistic in there on her own" Jon recline to his seat, he had to wait, and that's what suck more. He scratched his thick fine black hair, it was sticking a little from this morning fussing.

A second later a healer came out of the waiting room, she spoke to Natalie quickly. "You're son will be needing a blood transfusion, have you've been somewhere tropical?" the healer asked Natalie.

Jon listen, he wasn't sure what was happening, he hate to listen but it sounded serious. He heard the name Damian, he looked at Natalie, Damian had been his eldest brother name but he's been dead for a long time. Jonathan thought nothing of it, he just wanted Willow to be okay and Natalie's son to be okay too.

Natalie shook her head at Jonathan's question. "I don't mind you asking. I just have no idea what is wrong with him. I don't really know much of healing magic. I'm much better with the stars." she said, though she had been adept at all of her school subjects. "I teach Astronomy at Hogwarts New Zealand." she said as an explanation to her earlier statement. Natalie didn't like not knowing what was wrong with her eldest child. It made her feel like she was helpless. "I'm not used to this. I like to take action." she muttered, more to herself than to Jonathan. This was a very different and scary experience for her.

Natalie smiled at the man. "I'm sure she will be fine. They will probably let you go back before too much longer." she told him reassuringly. However, a nurse came out at that point to speak with her. Natalie's face grew concerned. A blood transfusion? This was much more serious than she thought. Natalie nodded her head at the nurse. "Uh..yes. Yes, we went to Brazil not that long ago and I just took my 6th years to the Bermuda Triangle." she answered as she tried to keep her calm. Now would certainly not be the time for her to lose it. "What can we do?" she asked the nurse. They wouldn't let Damien or Natalie give him blood. An uncomfortable knot began to form in her stomach as she felt a tightness in her chest. Natalie would not let anything happen to her son.

Jon smiled, somewhat his lips twitched to the side upon hearing that she was a professor. "Yeah I don't know why I keep asking, but that's quite a coincidence, I teach somewhat in America" he said. Though he couldn't say enough, a healer came out interrupting the two. He sat but he was listening too, which he was sorry for, though it seemed serious and Jon couldn't help but I've overhear that their son maybe sick with something he's never heard before and he needed a blood transfusion.

Healer inform the mother that they would be needed give him an antidote to hopefully help out the spleen more in result to curing the infection he had in the blood. In the meantime he needed a certain type of blood. "I tested your husband Mrs Reyes, he doesn't have the same as your son and he says you wouldn't either. Do you know anyone else who can possibly donate anyone else at all?It won't be much, we just need some to multiply it some. He's type O which is rare in some cases" said the haler.

All that was being said sounded hurtful, the spleen, blood type? Well Jon was no healer and probably failed knowing anything to do with healer work. However, as if he were meant to be there that day, he acknowledge the blood type O, and if he could help a child out in any possible way, he would. "I don't mean to be rude by jumping in your conversation, my blood type is O and if there's any possible way, I could donate?" he said raising two feet to ground, he walked over and paused in step when he was inches away from both female.

He looked To Natalie and the healer, the healer agree but she wouldn't go forward without a parent consent.

Panic was starting to rise in Natalie's chest despite her best efforts to suppress it. The condition that the healer spoke of seemed extremely serious. Natalie was thankful that both she and Damien had the sense to go ahead and bring Luciano to St. Mungo's now. Who would know what would have happened if they had waiting until tomorrow? The young mother didn't want to think about that possibility. Natalie shook her head to the healer's question. Natalie shared the same blood type but the travel prevented her from giving blood to her son. "No, there isn't anyone else. Damien doesn't have any siblings and neither do I." she said, fighting to keep her voice calm and even. Natalie's mother did not share her blood type and she was at home with Layla. "Our daughter has the same blood type, but she's not yet two. She's much too young to donate." Natalie said, her honey eyes not meeting the healer's. What were they going to do?

Natalie was a bit startled when she heard Jonathan speaking. She hadn't realized that he was still paying attention to her conversation with the healer, not that she minded. Natalie felt a sensation of relief flood through her body as she heard the man's generous offer. He shared Luciano's blood type. The Professor could not have been more grateful that this man had been sitting next to her. The healer was waiting for Natalie's okay to go through with the plan. "Oh, yes. I give my permission." she said, knowing that it was what the healer needed to hear. The pretty woman turned to Jonathan with a grateful smile. "Thank you so much for doing this. You do not know how much my husband and I appreciate this." she told the man. Natalie could never express her gratitude to this stranger who would be helping save her son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back