The Unexpected Left Turn

Jacob Romance

OOC First Name
Hamza
OOC Notice: So I think that Bronte and her band should play a little bit for Jacob, and then perhaps pause for a break or something, and then carry over from there with a conversation between the two? Whatever suites you better. :p

The happiness, the joy of success was hitting at an all time high with in Jacob's life right now. He felt
like at the top of the world. From getting engaged with Caysi, to finding out that she was pregnant,
then finally making the finishing touches to his company and having a great launch, he just could not
believe how an unexpected twist his life had taken. It was as if Caysi was his lucky charm that he had
been looking for, and all of his problems in his life were taken care of, some of which were taken care
by themselves, some Jacob solved himself. Jacob went from having nothing in his life, to have everything
in his life now. The advice that his grandfather had given him so many years ago was starting to prove
true. All of the hard work, the daily pain, even sometimes not having food for days was something that
Jacob had to experience, and now, Jacob had everything, and he wanted to keep it. Making Caysi the
co-chairperson of his company was a good decision on his part, not to mention she had her own family
business that Jacob could get support from if he needed it, was a good back up for him. He knew that
building the bond between him and Caysi would bring him good luck, but this much success? He had never
imagined this, not even in his dreams. The tall, sixty-five floor building that Jacob had been wanting to
construct for him company had been finally complete in downtown New York, where he had bought land
exclusively to build his headquarters just for the company. He had also planned to build some more
company stations all across the world, so he could make his company a world-wide success, but that would
take more time. For the time being, Jacob was wanting to take a short break from everything in his life,
take a chill pill, go to a club or something, and just relax. All of this excitement was really overwhelming
Jacob. It wasn't that he didn't want it, of course he wanted it, he had been wanting to experience all
of this for many years, but this was a little too much, even for him, a guy who had been striving for success.

Walking along the streets of New York, Jacob was wearing nothing but very normal clothes today. He
wanted to feel like a freelance musician again. He missed being part of the big crowd, running around
handing out his CD's for free so that people would enjoy his music. He wanted to enjoy listening to music
of others, even if they were his competition, but he still enjoyed every bit of the music that he loved.
No matter whose music it may be, Jacob would enjoy it. Music in general really attracted Jacob, no matter
what or where it came from. Feeling the water splash underneath Jacob's feet, on a rainy afternoon in
New York City, holding his blue umbrella in his right hand, his left hand in his black coat pocket, he kept
walking along the streets of New York City, wondering where his feet might take him today. Facing downwards
at the ground, he bumped into someone that was advertising a band that was going to play in a few
minutes inside a small club. The club, was to his left, and his feet were wanting to take him right. He did
not know why he was having this kind of feeling inside him, never had he experienced such debate inside
him. His heart was telling him to go left to the club, but his body and brain were telling his to take a right,
and head towards the opposite direction. Standing there for a brief moment, feeling the bumps of a few
people hitting his left, and right, he finally decided that he would go and check out this band. After all,
Jacob was recruiting for his company, he was looking for good talent. Taking the left sidewalk, and heading
towards the club, he showed the little invitation card that was given to him by the advertiser, and he was
granted entry into the club. Walking inside, he noticed many people to his left, and to his right. It seemed
that it was a pretty house full tonight, which told him that this must be a good band, or these people were
here to just pass by their time in their miserable lives, but the first option seemed more logical to Jacob.
Taking a seat closer to the front, Jacob wanted to get more closer view of the band, to see everyone.

Although Bronte liked to seem that she did not have time for silly superstitions or good luck charms, she really did. The black haired woman though she would of her talent as some sort of luck, even if practice did help her, which was why before every performance she would put on a necklace that had been given to her from Christian when they were younger. It had been a birthday gift and every time she wore it something positive happened so she had no problem wearing it whenever she felt necessary. Hiding the pendant under her grey top, Bronte felt that she was ready for this so she walked out onto the stage with a hand gripping the neck of her Strat. She did enjoy this part of her life. There was something special about stepping out and seeing a bunch of strangers who were there to enjoy your music even if they had not expected to. She did not have a problem with this because she knew that at least someone was hearing her music and hopefully enjoying it. Looking into the crowd that she could barely see because of the lights flashing into her eyes she stepped to the microphone and did not say anything, instead the drummer started to play as did both her and the other guitarist. The bassist picked up behind them both and then Bronte opened her mouth and began to sang while they all played together and it seemed that everyone was enjoying the rock band.​
It's been a cruel summer
The sun has been hit by the storms
My darling was bewitched by another
Her black magic tricks stole his heart

I saw her screaming as she twirled her hair
So long and black like the storms
She caught my darling's eye and as quickly as the lightning
I muttered a lonesome goodbye

It's been a cruel summer
The kind that makes grown men turn pale
My darling was bewitched by another
I could not compete with black head

I saw her standing as she twirled her hair
So long and black like the storms

Bronte’s voice was a little scratchy and had a rumble in it but it was purposely like this. Smoking did help her but so did vocal training since she was a young girl. It had been the only thing that her mother had really been good for. But she knew she would be playing music even if she could not sing because she could play the guitar, the bass clarinet, the violin, the piano and the dhaa drums which she had learned when she was in Nepal. That had been a great few months and several songs had come from it. Of course these songs were ones that she preformed when it was more of a solo session because it pertained to her specifically and she was not sure if people would enjoy the hazy experiences of her in Nepal. Bronte, on the other hand, always got a kick out of them but this song worked too because as her voice hummed the last note and the music slowly stopped the crowd clapped and she said, “We’re The Shelter Pups and that was ‘Cruel Summer.” Flicking her hair over her shoulder as Bronte craned her neck to the rest of her band for a split second to see that they were ready to play the next song and were enjoying it as much as she was before she added, “This next song is called ‘Piranha’.” This was the song she had written the last year at Hogwarts but it was a one that was funny and tended to contrast the other song she had written but it did not seem to matter.​

There's sure to be two people more cooler then you or me
But I'm too inclined to think so
There comes a time when every man needs to step up and fight
At least it says that on my tattoo

It's the last Summer
So get out while you can piranha
You're swimming alone
The air is thicker
Let's drink up all our parent's liquor
You're driving me home

Don't even trip on the denizens of hip
Because we know the things that you don't know
We are the guys who stand behind the guys
Who stand behind you at shows
It seems to me there's responsibility
To make appropriate exits
I don't want to be lonely
Like the people I have sex with
Accept this is

The last Summer
You're swimming alone
The air is thicker
You're driving me home

We shall stall
Death before the Fall
One last call
And I can't hold on any longer

The last Summer
You're swimming alone
The air is thicker
You're driving me home

It's the Last Summer​
<i>
</i>

A few more songs and Bronte's band took a quick break so they could get a drink. So the young musician went to the bar and got herself a shot. Putting her black hair behind her ear, she looked over to see a man approaching her and she almost felt her eyes roll. Here come the somewhat condescending complements so they could get into her pants. However, she did not know that this was not the intention.​
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back