the truth will out. Now we have to deal with it.

Tara Sitara

OOC First Name
Mia
Tara had had a shock that morning. Over breakfast she had received an owl from her fiancé saying that he knew she was a wizard, but also that he knew she was a witch. However the biggest shock wat that her fiancé had a girlfriend who was a seventh year. She had run out of the great hall on tears. And gone to the garden where she had spent a good while trying to get a grip on herself after hald an hour she had dried up enough to risk going back to the great hall to collect her things. However the mornings class was already half through so instead of attending she made her way up to the north tower, somewhere she could guaranty would be quiet to reite a letter back to Praneil. She wasn’t sure what language to write it in. she was so used to reiting in English now that that felt natural to her, but then the orrigional letter had been in hindi. In the end it was a mixture of both, her attention slipping causing her so switch
a disgruntled letter said:
Praneil Patil
Let me just start by saying how on earth did you find out about me? I didn’t know about me until someone came from the school and told us. Even then my family didn’t tell anyone. Not even my aunts, uncles and cousins know.
But that is not the most important thing that I want to ask you. So let me continue by sating you have a girlfriend?! When were you planning on telling me, or her for that matter that you are engaged? No I didn’t tell her anything, I wouldn’t have even noticed a new seventh year, but she seemed to recognize Ullu, and came over, and even though I just read the PS in time and told her we were just friends my friend couldn’t read it and told her when she thought I was your little sister. She seemed pretty annoyed so I would say watch out. But seriously a girlfriend for two years. Who was first? You know when we get engaged I had a boyfriend. As soon as I was back at school we broke up, Not that I regret it, he wasn’t who I thought he was and looking back I am glad that I got out. But still it would be nice to see the same sort of consideration.
I suggest you think hard about what you plan on doing as Lilith didn’t look happy when she found out.
Tara
Oh and the next Brightstone weekend is the last weekend in October. Just incase you still wanted to know

Once she had finished and couldn’t think of anything else to write she folded it up and attached it to one of the school owls legs as Ullu was long gone. Just as the barn owl was disappearing into the distance the bell rang to signify break. She packed away her quill and ink and made her way down to the fourth floor to see if she could find Kate, Shiloh, or Grace. Her eyes were still red and her face tear streaked but she hoped that she was composed enough not to start crying again.
OOCOut of Character:
orange is Hindi black is English

Praneil had sent Tara an owl that morning and was happy to see Ullu returning at around lunch time with her reply. he was hoping to sort things out with tara and not have to tell Lilith about her. but as he read the response his mood dimmed. dammit he thought. why had he not thought Lil would recognise his owl, it wasn't like an indian schopps owl was common. he read her letter. cr@p he was in hot water now. both girls knew about each other. he had to do a lot of talking now to get out of trouble. hopefully that was one skill that he had inherited from his farther as it was a key part in business too. as he sat down with a nice juicy burger he wrote two letters.
To Tara said:
Tara.
Sorry about not telling you. meet me in the three broomsticks on the saturday you are in brightstone at 10 and i will explain. but you didn't answer my original question, and that is more important now you know about Lilith. Is this engagement what you really want or do you wish for a western life like your friends?
from
Praneil

then he wrote a second one to Lilith. taking a little more time to make it right
Lilith Le Fey's Letter said:
Dear Lilith
I guess I have a bit of explaining to do. I got a letter of Tara explaining what happened this morning. and you deserve to hate me right now, i was trying to sort things out without any drama but i guess i failed. but please can i ask two things of you. firstly don't blame Tara, she didn't know. also please may you give me the chance to explain everything and try and work things out as I really do love you. if you want I will met you in the three broomsticks at 10:00 on the saturday of the brightstone weekend. I will explain everything to you and hopefully we will work out something. hopefully.
Love from
Praneil

he then went to the post office and hired 2 owls. one for Tara letter and one for Lilith. if it was his owl that had messed things up for him last time he wouldn't let that happen again. he watched as the owls headed in the right direction and went back to his work hoping that neither girl was too mad at him.

the next morning two owls flew into the great hall. a Tawney owl landed at the hufflepuff table clattering slightly against the juice jug and waited as the scroll was taken from its leg, before taking off and flying back to the post office. and a barn owl silently swooped towards the slytherins a letter firmly held in its beak. landing silently on the table before letting out a soft hoot once the parchment had been removed before it too took off and headed back to the post office.

Lilith was sitting at the Slytherin house table trying to enjoy breakfast but nothing was going right for her. NEWT classes where extremely hard and it felt like she had almost no free time. Pushing away her plate Lilith closed her eyes and tried to clear her mind. Deciding that she would go make a visit to her sister Elvera's classroom. Lilith took one last sip of her juice and got ready to get up. Before she could fully get up an owl landed in front of her. Taking the letter Lilith wondered who it would be from. Eden would have sent word from Elvera and anyone else would have used the family owl. Opening the letter Lilith read it and glared. She was still so very angry at him that if he was to show up right now she would try and punch him in the face. Deciding that it was time for her to say something to him Lilith marched up to the Owlery with a letter in her hand.
Praneil Patil said:
Dear Praneil,
A bit of explaining is an understatement. I am so angry at you that if I where to see you I don't know what I would do. You are a spineless twit who couldn't man up and tell me he was already engaged to someone else. I don't know about you but dating someone while your engaged to someone else is called cheating. I don't blame Tara for any of this but I do not like her. I am in love with you. I have never felt like this for anyone and I thought you felt the same way. I don't want to hear that you love me because if you did than you would have been honest with me in the first place. I don't really know what to say to you. I will meet you at the time and place like you said but do not expect to see the sweet as apple pie Lilith you are used to.

Respectfully Yours,
Lilith Le Fey

Attaching the letter to the owl Lilith left the tower to head outside for some fresh air.

Tara was at breakfast the day after she had received her first letter. today she had finished her toast and was just heaping some berries onto her yoghurt when a slightly dippy looking barn owl landed in front of her. what is it this time? are my cousins veela or something? she thought as she thanked the owl and untied the letter. she watched the owl fly off before she read the note. It was short and dint answer many questions. in fact it didn't answer any just asked her more. she drew out a quill and wrote a quick reply, her friends reading over her shoulder and giving her suggestions
Praneils parchment said:
seriously that is all you give me. after you have shaken up my life. I will meet you on the weekend. and I wont leave until i have some decent answers. and just to make sure of that I wont answer your question like you didn't answer mine. but I will say this I will be writing to Keval and telling him that you and your family are wizards, and asking him to tell our parents. I will tell you one more thing. the thing i am thinking about most in regards to this is my family.
that is all for now until you give some proper answers
Tara
at break she headed up to the owlery and sent the letter on one of the school owls. before heading down rebraiding her hair as she walked. playing with her hair was something she did when she was uncomfortable, and this situation was one that made her uncomfortable. she wasn't even totally happy with the content of the letter that she had just sent. was it too angry? it didn't sound like her. but then she was a little angry and that wasn't like her.

Keval is Tara's brother, and he and Praneil used to be best friends when they were children

the next day Praneil wasn't surprised to see another owl on his window. he let it in and took the letter from around its leg. his spirit dropping as he read through it. It was from Lilith. and understandable she wasn't happy with him. he wasnt sure what to say. he deserved what she had said, he knew. and he was just glad that he hadn't received a red envelope.
he took his best quill and a fresh pice of parchment. and tried to write a letter to Lilith. it took him a few and a pile of screwed up papers soon formed near his bin where he had chucked them. eventually he had a version that he was somewhat happy with. by which time a second owl had arrived this one was obviously from Tara.
Dear Lilith said:
Dear Lilith.
I am already trying to sort thins out I sent an owl to india yesterday and Hopefully my farther will eventually listen to me. Damn arranged marriages, they are so complicated. I have been trying to talk to him about everything from as soon as I met you but every time we talk he turns the conversation to the price of unicorn horns (currently 50 galleons from the right seller) or something just as useless. I am in love with you but i wont say that if you don't want me too. but you are the reason why i am in new zealand now, not france or india. I am glad that you will meet me, I really do want to try and sot things out for both of you. and i think it may be possible but I am waiting to hear from tara as she is being purposefully difficult. I will let you know as soon as i have any more information
Love and regards
Praneil
then he wrote an easier letter to tara
to tara said:
to tara
you are right sorry. I have you first letter in front of me and i will answer all the questions and i am trusting you to answer mine
1-how did i find out about you? I think my mother must have worked it out when she was teaching you at school. and when i approached my family about, dare i say it, breaking off the engagement they decided to tell me. I have seriously only known for a few days before i sent you the letter
2- I have a girlfriends!? not quite a question but i will answer it anyway. I did have a girlfriend and still do though right now she isn't happy with me
3- when was i planning on telling you about the other? was actually not. I have been trying to break up the engagement for a while but have only recently been brave enough to try said above. and i was hoping to get away without either of you being the wiser
4- who was first? you were. as you know the arrangements started when I was nine, and you must have been six. but even the official engagement was before I met Lilith

Now I have done my answering, and the answers make me sound like a real d!ck so please may you answer my question. Is an indian marriage what you really want? or would you rather live like everyone else in your school. being able to find the one you love and not have everything planed for you before you were old enough to make you own decisions.
Please reply
Praneil
he headed off to the post office again thinking that if he was going to have to keep this up he may as well just buy a couple more owls. and hired the same owls to send the letters to the same girls. hopefully the reply would be the one he was hoping for, if not he had some real thinking to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back