Closed The Things We Could Do

Malachi Ryu

scapegoat; drama king; resentful

OOC First Name
Claire
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
There was no place Malachi would rather have been that day than sitting on the great lawn next to Emmy. The sun was shining, the air was fragrant with freshly cut grass, and the only cloud in the sky was shaped a bit like a unicorn ("You have to turn your head to see it..."). Malachi had taken off his shoes and socks and was enjoying the feeling of the grass between his toes. Any worry about homework drifted away as easily as the unicorn cloud, which now resembled something like a Minotaur in the vast blue sky. Even the distant dark trees of the forbidden forest looked friendly on an afternoon like this. "I could stay here all day," Malachi said, turning his face to the sun and closing his eyes. "Couldn't you?"

Laying next to Malachi was the happiest place Emmy felt she could be. She giggled when he said it was shaped like a unicorn ("Definitely more a narwhal."), and wondered if any more clouds would come past for them to decipher. It had been awhile since just the two of them had hung out - properly hung out. With so many other students around, Emmy loved hanging out with anyone and everyone, but Malachi was definitely her best so she was glad to have one on one time with him. "Yes!" Emmy replied to Malachi's question. There was no doubt about it, even though she knew she'd want to explore the forest eventually too, or play a game if she got too many ants in her pants. "And all night. I wonder how much trouble we'd be in if we stayed here all night too?"

"I don't want to think about it," said Malachi, but he was already thinking about it. His Head of House would have been very disappointed in him. And if a letter got sent home to his parents... well, detention would be the least of his worries. Yet the idea simultaneously thrilled him. If only they could guarantee to get away it. "You are definitely a Gryffindor, and I am definitely a Hufflepuff. I bet you've had a detention before," he said, like school punishment was a mythical creature he'd heard about but never seen.

Emmy laughed when Malachi said he didn't want to think about the trouble they'd be in. She was sure it wouldn't be much trouble, apart from star gazing, what wrong were they really doing? Who were they hurting? Emmy laughed again at Malachi's comment, though she definitely wished they were in the same house. She wouldn't have minded being in Hufflepuff at all! Emmy shook her head. "I've not! Well, not at this school! So if neither of us have had detention, we'd be first time offenders. We wouldn't get into that much trouble, surely." Emmy said with a grin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back