The Tanner Residence

Arcturus Tanner

Arcturus entered his small apartment in London, turning the lights on with a flick of his wand. He was set to prepare dinner for Aimee, and he was hoping that she would show up.

In the light of his excitement he forgot his small dose of wolfsbane, and turned to opened the door as there was a knock at it.

"Hey," Aimee said as Arcturus answered the door. She nervously tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. She was extremely nervous to be having dinner at his house but extremely excited at the same time.

"Hey, Aimee," Arcturus said with a broad grin, his face alight. He led her in throught the door. His home was simplistic, and he was very nervous about it. He had never had money.

He sat her down at the dinner table and brought out dinner, an unscented candle flickering brightly in the center. He had made steak and potatoes, his own especially rare, and cooking hers at medium. He hoped that he wasn't too bad of a cook, and asked, "How does it taste?"

Aimee swallowed and then looked up at Arcturus smiling broadly, "Its delicious," she said honestly. He really was a great cook.

Arcturus grinned broadly, his eye twitching slightly. He ignored it, taking a bite of his steak. "Thanks."

They finished dinner, and Arcturus pushed his plate to the side. He couldn't stop looking at her. "God, you're so beautiful," he commented, and he really meant it.

"Thanks," Aimee said shyly ducking her head. "and thank you for all of this," she said gesturing to the food and romantically lit table. "It's really sweet of you, no ones ever really done something like this for me."

Arcturus was unable to contain himself, and he moved over to her, kissing her lightly. "I would do anything for you, Aimee."

Aimee couldn't stop smiling as she pulled away from the kiss. She couldn't believe how lucky she was to have found this amazing man.
Unable to resist, she leaned in and kissed him again.

Arcturus put his arms around her, kissing her with intensity. But all of a sudden, a shudder rippled up his spine. His eyes snapped open in shock, how could he have forgotten?

Pushing her away, he bellowed, "Run, AIMEE!"

Aimee sat on the floor where she had fallen, eyes wide and frozen with fear at what was happening to Arcturus.
With a miniscule amount of sense coming back to her, she started inching her way back along the floor until her back was pressed up against the wall.

"AIMEE, I SAID RUN!" Arcturus roared.

He fell to the floor, writhing as his skin turned to fur, his teeth growing larger and sharpening, his snout long and prominent.

Aimee heard Arcturus's words but they didn't register in her mind. She couldn't move, she could only watch in horror as Arcturus writhed on the floor.

Arcturus' mind was controlled by a primal being, and his only instinct was to attack. With a roar, he leapt at Aimee, sinking his teeth into her shoulder before his human self could stop him.

Aimee's eyes widened as the thing that had been Arcturus seconds ago jumped on her. She screamed as a searing pain ripped through her shoulder.

Arcturus pulled himself back. The transformation was not complete, as it was not the full moon, and he was able to control himself. His eyes widened as he realized what he had done. "Oh my god, Aimee!" he breathed painfully, running his hand to her wound. It was deep. Don't die, he thought pleadingly. If she passed from this world, he would too.

Pain was coursing through Aimee as if her blood was red hot. Uncousiously she screamed Arcturus' name. She just wanted it all to stop.

Picking up Aimee with strong arms, he brought her to the couch, laying her down. He found some bandages and started to wrap her up.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly, his eyes brimming. He had wanted to protect her from knowing that he was a monster, but in the end, he had only hurt her. Her life would be changed, forever, because he had been an idiot.

She felt Arcturus pick her up and start bandaging her wounds but everything after that was a blur. Aimee's body went limp as she lost consciousness.

(((sorry it took awhile i was eating lunch)))

Arcturus sighed; he was so destructive. How could he ever forgive himself? Now Aimee would be the same monster he was, all because of him.

She could stay with him if she wanted to, but he would understand if she didn't. He had messed up, big time.

Aimee stirred slightly, her wrist twitched and her eyes opened a fraction of an inch. "Arcturus?" she whispered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back