The tale of mistaken identity

Avadia Price

Avadia wondered where her friends were, they seemed to be disappearing lately. Ah well, being on her own was ifne by her. She walked through the snow-covered roads of Brightstone, occasionly peeking into a store. She wondered if her sisters would come visiting, Naomi, at least was. She hadn't seen her younger sister in ages. Only one and a half more years for Naomi to come to Hogwarts. Weird, Ava would be in her fourth year... creepy.

It seemed so long ago, when Avadia first entered Hogwarts. Of course, it was in a different country, but it was still Hogwarts. Avadia continued to walk, her midnight hair swishing around her shoulders.

Patricia exited the Brightstone General Store. She had just finished her last shift before her Christmas break. She couldn't stop herself from smiling, it was going to be a great hoilday. Two of her best friends would be coming to visit her. She just hoped her family wouldn't embarrass her in any way, which they were experts in doing.

She decided not to go back to the castle just yet, she was planning on doing some shopping and going for some lunch. Making her way to the Hog's Head she saw a familiar face, well back. It was hard to mistake that dark hair.

Patricia started to break into a slight run to catch up with her best friend, "Hey." She said with a smile, glad that she would have some company. "What are you up to today?" She asked, hoping she didn't have any plans, so she could join her.

Avadia turned and saw a girl coming towards her. She wondered if she knew this girl, she wasn't sure; there were so many people that she had met this year! "Uh... hey.." she said awkwardly. "Um... nothing, why?" she said, furiously trying to remember if she knew this person.

(This post sounds lame :p )

Patricia looked at her friend, she seemed a bit off for some reason, as if she didn't know who Patricia was. Shrugging it off as she was surprised Patricia said, "Oh just curious. Are you finished packing yet for the holidays?" She asked, it wouldn't long now until they were going home.

((As does mine :p ))

Avadia made a 'hm' noise. "Wha-? Oh, yeah.... why?" Avadia was confused. She wondered which one of her sisters would pick her up this time, usually Sandra of Allie did. Maybe this time Lorraine would be back from Ireland. She had certainly been there ages! She did hope Naomi would be able to see the castle.

(Ah well, lame posts are good)

Patricia, slightly confused, laughed at her friend, "Wow I know your a bit forgetful at times, but this takes it to a whole new level." She said, nudging her slightly.

"Why?" She repeated. "Because me and Kate are leaving in a few days and you better be in Ireland." She said, putting her hands on her hips.

Now Avadia was totally and utterly confused. Ireland? Who was Kate? Was this some big prank one of her friends had set up?

"What are you talking about?" Avadia said in a confused voice. "Do I even know you?!?" she said, louder than usual. Avadia had no clue what this other girl was talking about, she was starting to think this was a prank. "Is this some kind of prank?" Avadia almost yelled, she was starting to get upset.

(Way to make Pat feel stupid :( )

Patricia stared in shock at Natasha's reaction. She was not sure if she should laugh, thinking she was having a joke or not. Patricia was on th verge of tears when Natasha shouted, "Do I even know you?!?" It was then that Patricia knew it was no joke.

"Na..Natasha." She said her voice shaking. "What do mean? It's me, Patricia." She said, unsure what to say.

(Sowwy :console: )

Avadia was close to tears now. What was wrong with these people at this school? "Who's Natasha?" she yelled, she didn't even notice that she was crying by this point, or that a few people were staring.

(Yeah sure)

Patricia stared blankly at Natasha. She wasn't crying now, but she was definately confused. Who's Natasha? What's wrong her? "What do you mean? Who's Natasha?" She asked desperately.

"I mean what I said. Who is Natasha?" Avadia said, annoyed. "Is this some kind of joke?" she asked. She was pretty sure someone had gotten this girl to pretend that Avadia was some girl named Natasha, or something of the sort. The girl seemed like a good actress.

Patricia was starting to get angry now, this had gone far enough. "Natasha!" She shouted. "This has gone far enough." She said, "You are Natasha, Natasha Bell. 2nd Year Hufflepuff. One of my best friends, but not for much longer if you keep this charade up." She said, folding her arms, hoping that the threat of the two falling out, to knock some sence into her.

What was this girl up to? "Uh... no I'm not..." Avadia said, confused. "I'm Avadia Price, 2nd year Ravenclaw." she said, dumbfounded. "I'm sorry, but I'm not Natasha Bell, whoever she is." Avadia said calmly. She didn't know if there really was anyone named Natasha Bell, and if this wasn't all an act, Avadia's feel sorry for her. But right now, she was confused beyond belief.

(I'd laugh if the real Natasha came :p Should I bring her in?)

((YES YES YES I was going to suggest that in general discussions. Bring her in now, say she heard someone shout her name or something

=))

(Will the real Natasha please stand up?)

Natasha had been walking along, wondering whether or not to bother buying gifts for all her cousins today. Suddenly, she heard someone shout her name. Natasha began to walk in the direction of the voice, and saw Patricia and another girl. "Hey Pat!" she grinned, walking closer. Her grin faded, as she saw Patricia was angry. She looked at the other girl and gasped. "Oh. My. Gosh." she said, dumbfounded.

((Nice))

Patricia stood, with her arms still crossed. Avadia Price the name was familiar, one of the transfers she remembered. She was in a few of her classes this term. Patricia was about to respond, even though she was unsure how it was going to come out.

Then she heard an all too familiar voice. She turned round at the sound of her name. It was Natasha. She was positive this time, recognising the outfit. Patricia felt like hugging her friend, but just stood still. When she heard Natasha's reaction, Patricia nodded, "My thought's exactly." She said, to Natasha.

Avadia looked in amazement, as a girl walked up to them. "So, it wasn't a joke." shr murmered. Avadia was shocked, and somewhat hurt. Why was there a girl that looked exactly like her, standing right there in fron't of her. She studied the girl's face. Same eyes: one blue, one green. Same face, same hair, same everything. The only difference was the clothes.

"I'm confused." she said simply. This girl... Natasha, had to be her twin sister. She had no doubts about it.

"I'm confused." the identical girl said. Natasha was also confused, nothing made sense now. Everything Delani had said had been true. "Del was telling the truth..." she said, fighting an urge to run away. "I'm adopted, my mother is dead, Delani is my aunt..." she said quickly, more to herself than anyone else. "Wow." she said.

Natasha decided that being surprised and panicking wasn't the best way to go. "Alright, I have a sister. I am adopted, and my mother is dead. Our mother..."

(PATRICIA!!!!!!! PRICE!!! NOT PRINCE!)

((I never said Prince))

Patricia stood, looking from one girl to the next. She couldn't believe how alike they were, Is it possible that they are twins? But she quickly dismissed the thought. It's not possible she keep saying to herself.

Patricia give a light snort to Avadia's comment about been confused, That's understatement of the centuary she thought.

Patricia looked at Natasha when she started to talk, "So it's true." She said, releasing her arms, "You..you are both," She said in complete shock, "twins?" She said, in a whisper, as if it was it was taboo.

( :r: )

Natasha nodded, a tad sheepish. "Uh, yes. Um... I already kind of knew..." she said, biting her lip. "Del told me." she said. "I didn't know how to tell you and Kate... And James." she said to Patricia.

"The weirdest thing is, I always had a twin... Only James is not...." she said, feeling rather confused. What was she going to tell James?

(I think you need glasses :p )

Patricia listened to Natasha. She felt sorry for her, it must have been so hard to keep that secret for so long. "Nat, you don't have to worry about me and Kate, I understand and I'm sure Kate will too." She said, smiling reassuingly. "You know you can tell us anything." She said, putting one arm around her friend.

"James on the other hand." She said, "How do you think he will react?" She asked. Patricia give a light laugh, "Well now you just have a twin but it's a girl. Shouldn't be too hard to get used to." She said. "What about you Avadia?" She asked turning to her. "How are you taking this?" She asked.

(Meanie. I do actually need glasses, and should be wearing them now. But they make everything really fuzzy, so I refuse to wear them :p )

Avadia wondered who James was. She guessed he was Natasha's brother, or something of the sort. She shrugged at Patricia's answer, she had no clue if having a twin was a good or bad thing. She wondered if Natasha would agree to pretend to be her, and prank some friends... Avadia wondered what her sisters would say to her having a twin. The triplets would be amazed, triplets, twins and Naomi. 3, 2, 1. Avadia almost smiled. She would always think of her 'sister's as her real sisters, even if they weren't. She wondered briefly if Natasha would be able to stay at the Price house sometime.

Natasha smiled at Patricia. "Yeah, I suppose." she said. Natasha had never really had proper friends before Hogwarts. All her 'friends' never kept her secrets, and always took advantage of her. She looked at Avadia, then back at Patricia. "I have no clue, James is pretty hard to read. It'd be funny if Avadia pretended to be me." she smirked. Natasha had a mean side, and it was hard to believe she was a Hufflepuff sometimes.

(Wear them you crazy fool)

Patricia waited for a responce from Avadia, but just recieved a shrug. Patricia figured it must be a lot to take in. Natasha seemed to be taking it a lot better, but she had a bit more time to get used to the idea of having a twin, even if it wasn't James.

Patricia shrugged, "Suppose all boys are hard to read." She said, she knew from having two brothers that this was definately true. Patricia laughed, "Jeze Nat. You always know how to make the best of a bad subject." she said shaking her head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back