Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 14" Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
After the worst break in the entire world, and the worst couple of days back at school too, Sam got to reflecting. It usually involved a lot of it, when she did so, but when she realised that her last first day of school would forever be tainted with her father’s unforgivable and unforgettable words, the blonde decided that maybe, she just needed to take a break. A break, from everything, from her family, to her friends, but then again, she didn’t have a lot of friends to begin with. She had Zennon, but things were ruined, and she doubted they could ever go back to being friends like they used to be. Things had changed, for better or for worse. As she started thinking of friends, however, Sam had felt a pang in her chest, and some brief anger. She thought of her first best friend at Hogwarts who had left her behind at this school and transferred to some other school for their final year. It had kind of felt like a betrayal when she found out, seeing as he hadn’t told her, or if he had simply failed to mention it for one reason or another, but that was honestly nothing, not compared to the betrayal she felt from what her dad had done. So after she had received the news of him having left, she decided she’d write to him, and maybe update him on the ongoings in her life. She attached the letter to a school owl and fed it, before telling the bird to send her envelope to Jacob Finley. She hoped that at least they could reconnect, she really needed her friend right now, someone who wasn’t involved in all of her drama.

Dear Jake,
First off, how are you? I feel like I haven’t talked to you in ages, and yet it’s only been...four months? Anyway, I hope things are good, at Beauxbatons. You never told me you were leaving, and if I’m allowed to ask, why did you leave?
I miss you, Jake, and I just really needed a friend right now, but you’re not here. If you had told me, at least we could have said goodbye, or something. Or you could have owled me. I’m sure the company at your school can’t be as good as mine, right?
Hope to hear back from you soon,
Sam

Jacob had been enjoying his stay at Beauxbatons so far. The school was nice and all, but he did miss his friends. He also missed speaking English, everything when in very fast French here and he still wasn't used to it. He got some owls from his friends and Jacob decided to write some letters back. He wasn't much of a writer, but that didn't matter. He was eager to talk to them once more. He dipped his quill in the ink and started writing.

Dear Sam,

I am so sorry I didn't tell you I was leaving. My parents kept their move from me till the very end. We moved because my dad got a job at the Ministry of France that he couldn't refuse. They told me at the start of the break and they had already brought our visa's and our applied for our citizenship's. Did you know French is super hard to learn? I am still struggling every day.

You know I do hate goodbye's and my parents did it this way. I am sorry I didn't send an owl that I was leaving, I totally forgot about it. I do miss all of my friends, so that means you too. The Beauxbatons students are already bonded and it is hard to mingle with them. That is why I decided to join the team, to practice my French and show them some good Hogwarts spirit in Quidditch. I do miss you and now we both know I am just an owl away. Lets write each other more regularly Sam. :)

Owl Hug, Jake?

PS, the owl needs a treat, I couldn't find any here.

Dear Jake,
I'm sorry if I seemed a bit harsh in my previous letter to you. I've had possibly the worst break of my life, but i am slowly recovering from it. That sounds awful - not knowing you will be leaving until it's too late. I guess it won't be that bad if it's good for your family.

I did not know that about French, though the cousins of my cousins, who I am technically related to as well, speak it. I hardly ever see them though. I can only imagine trying to learn French in your last year of school. I wish you all the best. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon.
It's okay. I don't know what it feels like to move to a new school, so I can only imagine with only a year left. That is amazing, it sounds great. It is a good way to bond with people, if anything you at least have those people on the team.

I agree, let's do it more often. I'll need something else to focus on besides NEWTs and my problems.
I fed the owl from your letter, by the way.

Owl Hug,
Sam

Dear Sam,

I understand you being harsh, I read your previous letter four times and wished I could hug you. I am sending all the hugs I can via this letter though. Leaving sucks and saying goodbye would have been even worse. I think it was good for me, I do hate that I had to leave. After school I probably want to move back to New Zealand, the seasons here are weird. I miss my spring in September and the Summer in December.

My French is getting better, but I am still getting used to having everything in French. It is only for a year, so it is doable and my NEWTS keep me busy. I am the new beater of the Quidditch team here so I am sure we will see again when our schools meets my old one. Sam, do know that whenever you need someone I am just an owl away. I will always take time to respond to you.

Thanks for feeding Louise, she does like snacks. What are you planning after Hogwarts girl? I am sure not going to stay in France.

More Owl Hugs,
Jacob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back