House Points Board

Ravenclaw: Hufflepuff: Gryffindor: Slytherin:

The sun always shines

Riley Smith

It was Summer in New Zealand, the perfect weather for young kids to ave water fights and to go swimming. The Summers were always so warm compared to what Riley had been used to when he lied back in England. He often saw people here walking around in the Summer with jumpers on, he couldn't see how they could do that but then again h could walk around in the Winter with just a shirt on. It was plainly for the fact that the English weather was so much more colder than the New Zealand weather and he was more used to the cold so it was always warm to him here no matter the season. Maybe it could be a trait that Lowan would pick up, Riley thought it could b a good thing to have because then he wouldn't be col very much but then again because he lived and worked in New Zealand it would be the weather he was going to be used to. Sometimes the teenager wished he could to live in England again but then it would be so much hassle to come to work an such.

With a sigh Riley stuck his sunglasses on as the sun was in his eyes. The streets were kind of busy for a weekday, it was mainly adult s though getting their shopping done before they have to pick up their kids from play school. Riley had Adele to worry about all of tat stuff while he worked. They were pretty good team now they were back together again. When Rile worked she looked after him and when he was off he looked after him and then Adele could go out and have some time off. And when they needed time alone he would go t Aunty Cyndi for the night. They seemed to have everything sorted out which meant Riley could sit on this bench calmly with out having to worry about what was happening back home.

Shaylah walked along the streets of Brightstone with an emotionless face. She was still upset about seeing Markov with that other girl. She didn't know why but she still loved him, no matter how much she denied it. She hated the way he acted to her and wished she never had to see him again but at the same time she missed him and wished he could be beside her. She'd had so much fun with him when they'd been dating. Why did she need to be away from him to realise just how much she cared about him?? It made her feel frustrated with herself and him.

Shay was so distracted in her thoughts that she nearly tripped over the feet of someone sitting on a bench. She was about to turn around and give them and mouthful when she realised who it was. Professor Smith was probably one of the only people she respected. He seemed like a decent guy and he was definitely hot. "Oh, hi Professor." His lessons were one of the only ones she liked as well. DADA was a subject she wanted to get an O in. She wanted to show her dad that she was worthy of growing up to be a death eater. It was practically in her blood. "Umm...how are you??"

Riley was snapped out of is train of thoughts when he saw someone stop suddenly right in front of him. It took him a second to think about who it was when he looked up but he soon realised she was student. A fourth year if his memory was correct. He smiled a her as she greeted. "Hey there Shaylah. Having a bit of eye sight problems this morning are we." He joked with a laugh. He like to have a laugh with his student, in and out of the class room. He didn't want to be one of those strict Professors that he hated when he had been a student. He liked to think that he was fun and effective and got the respect he deserved. Well mostly he had got a lot of questions asking him if he as dating Cyndi because he took her too the Yule ball.

With a shrug of his shoulders Riley answered. "Iv been better but havn't we all. Just enjoying my day off." He said inhaling deeply as he spoke to her. "And yourself. Keeping up with your homework I hope. Not that I ever did but hey don't follow n my footsteps." He said with a chuckle again. He had never really taken the first few years of his eduction seriously It wasn't until his fourth year he began to pull his weight as he knew t would soon be his OWLs and then the NEWs and then he would leave. Not to mention it kept his dad off his back if he had good grades. Not that that mattered now, he had no mum or dad. But he had long since made peace with that.

It always surprised Shay that Smith managed to make her laugh, even on a day like this one. Most people would have ended up with a scowl or name but Smith got laughs. "No. I'm just a bit distracted really. I don't know where my head is." She pointed to the bench beside him and said "Do you mind??" asking if she could sit there. She could be polite if she wanted. The fact that most people got on the wrong side of her meant they never saw the polite side. It wasn't her fault that they were stupid, pathetic little worms with no brains. She just had to put up with them.

Shay shrugged when Smith asked how she was. "I've been better." She smiled as she copied what he said. "Yeah, I am. Most of it's easy for me. It seems to come naturally for me. I never try but I always seem to find the answers somewhere." Shay guessed it was how her dad had made it through school. She'd heard so many stories about the things he got up to in school that she never believed he'd managed to get all Os and Es. It made no sense to her until she started school herself. "Your footsteps would be hard ones to follow in. You're a very unique teacher." She laughed slightly at what she said, knowing it was completely true.

Riley smiled to himself as he heard her laugh. It always made him feel good about himself when he got people to laugh. "Oh don't worry about it. We all have those days. You know if you want to talk about what ever it is that's got you almost tripping over me il listen." He said before nodding for her to sit down. He liked to see students with manners. He had very rarely had any unless it had come to a pretty girl, then e was a complete get. Now he was always like that. even with the extra attention he got because of him being Veela, he only had eyes for one woman now.

Nodding as he listened to her talk again, noting the copying of his previous statement He didn't mind he would have done the same anyway. "Ah well thats the best way to go As long as you get the grades in the end who cares how you do it." He said with a wink as he hinted. A cool breeze brushing down his next and making him shudder slightly. "Well do try. I mean don you just hat those strict Professors who never make their lessons fun. I hated them and there is no way im going to be like that. I like having a laugh and I like to make my lessons fun for and you guys." he said with a smile. As far as he saw, if he enjoyed being in his lessons then he students would. And he thought that the would get better grades if they liked the lessons than if they just died of boredom.

Shay sighed loudly. "You wouldn't be able to help. It's boy problems. He's at Durmstrang so you don't know him." Shay never talked to people about her problems. They were her's and her's alone. Nobody was going to find out what was going on in her head. In her opinion, it wasn't normal. If she wanted to then she would but it was no one else's business. She was just glad that Smith was caring enough to be a venting machine for her. It was something that no one else seemed to want to do any more.

Shay nodded at what he said. "You have a point. Most lessons I would rather put a knife through my temple than sit listening to the Professors. At least in your lessons I have a reason to be there." She shrugged and crossed her legs. "What lesson did you do best at when you were at school??" She didn't know why she asking him a question like that but she was just curious. Curiosity was definitely something she inherited from her dad. It was one thing that made him such a great death eater but it could sometimes be a weakness. She hated that it worked both ways but it was better than having a talent that only worked on the bad side and not the good.

Riley rolled his eyes at her comment. "Ugh boys, who needs them. We are a useless bunch aren't we." He said with a laugh as he tied to lift her spirits. "Besides who better to ask about a boy than a boy. I know how dudes work, being one and all. Anyway I wouldn't trouble yourself over him, we aren't worth he hassle sometimes. Besides only the waste of time ons go to Durmmie because they weren't good enough to go or stay in Hogwarts." He joked as he nudged her side playfully. He had been taught in Hogwarts Scotland and ad had a few ex's in Durmmie so he wasn't too keen on tat school as al the psychos seemed to be in there. Of course Beauxbatons had his good opinion seeing as Adele went there and as she was one of the best things to happen to him the school must be doing something right.

Laughing slight at her comment h couldn't help but notice how aggressive it came out to be. He pushed it aside thinking it was wasn't as bad as he heard it. "Im glad I make an impression on you. I do try." He said passively before she asked him another question. He had to think for a second before he answered. "It was probably Transfiguration. Mainly because it was the one that I got good grades in all the time and the Professor liked me so I got special treatment. And she as quite nice looking." He said with a chuckle. He had no shame in his old ways, they were the past and he was different no, he learned from his past mistakes.

Shaylah laughed. She'd always wanted to go to Durmstrang because in her eyes it was a much better school but was staying at Hogwarts. Both her parents had been at Hogwarts and even if she hated her mum, she still saw reasons why she wanted to be like the woman. "He's a bit different from you. I don't think even you would be able to work him out." Shay had known Markov as long as she could remember and she still couldn't work him out. The only person who knew him more than her was probably Ivana and that's because she was his sister.

Shay nodded in agreement. "Having a good looking teacher definitely helps. It makes it easier to concentrate because you don't have to try and avoid looking at the ugliness." Shay found Smith much easier to concentrate on than other uglier teachers. Why would anyone want to look away from something so gorgeous??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back