Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 14" Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Overachiever was not a word Sam had ever heard anyone call her before. Well actually, maybe once, ages ago. She preferred the terms either hard-working or studious. But the thought had never crossed her mind, that she could be an overachiever. In all the goings-on recently, getting sorted, settling in and organising her life Sam had forgotten about this little incident that had happened over the break just before she came to Hogwarts. Her sister, who was not that much younger than herself (though she acted like a child - she still was), had been upset and had called her that in an argument that should not have happened in the first place in the slytherin's opinion. Sam had only scoffed after trying to comfort Sabrina but of course that didn't work and she got the blame. Naturally, the blonde got annoyed, as sisters did.

So because she was deep in her thoughts, Sam hadn't really been paying much attention to her surroundings as she had been simply walking around the castle and when she realised she no longer knew where she was she sighed, squinting to see if there was any clue. The first year hated not knowing where she was, or worse, surprises. She wasn't one who just 'went with the flow' as she loved being prepared beforehand. It freaked her out if she didn't know exactly what she had to do during a busy time of the year. Sam decided it was best if she asked someone, and in her worry she almost missed the person who passed her. Someone from whom she could've asked help. "Hello?" she called to the boy, hoping he'd turn around. She walked over to him. The worst thing for Sam was to fall into a cliché. The one about first years getting lost and needing to ask around for directions. "Uh, would you happen to know what floor this is?"

Walking through the corridors, Coleman Baros kept a small notepad with him with a quill that was dipped in ink, but not enough to be dripping. He was constructing a small map for himself, along with directions. This was the fifth floor corridor, which he managed to map out the transfiguration classroom from the stairs. This would really help when he had classes. Each page was dedicated to each floor, and would greatly help him. He debated on sharing this with his cousin, Zennon, but he was not sure if he wanted to or not. The brothers of the Baros family were not very close, mainly due to Zennon’s family being into dancing, whereas his side was into Quidditch. As much as he loved Quidditch, he did not know if he wanted to play in the future. Coleman sighed as he finished the last of the corridors, looking over his mess of a map. Well, the classroom and the path to the main stairs made sense at least.

The first year looked up in surprise when the empty corridor was no more. He had passed someone while he was writing out the details, and turned to find another first year. From what he could tell, Slytherin house. As long as she was not like his sister, then he could be nice. Not that he would be mean about it, he would just walk away. “Oh, you are on the fifth floor. And if you go that way,” Coleman gestured toward the direction of the stairs, “then you will hit the stairs.” Coleman glanced down at his map to ensure that he was right, and indeed he was. Though if he had been facing the other direction, he would have led her to the transfiguration classroom by mistake. Coleman would be so embarrassed if he did that, not to mention, possibly hated.

The surprise on the boy's face was to be expected, as Sam had asked something she should have known before, despite her only being a first year. She smiled at his response, finally she could relax as she now knew where she was. "Thanks." She squinted, taking in her surroundings fully now that she could think more clearly. She was about to get on with her day, when she had second thoughts. Why not befriend people while she was it. Besides, this guy had a map and Sam didn't have to worry about whether she had to deal with a girly girl, because she wasn't dealing with a girl at all. It made things so much easier. "Hey, since you've got a map, do you think you can lend it to me sometime?"

Coleman cocked his head slightly to the side, smiling a little bit as he did so. She was a curious one. At least he managed to draw himself a map to get around. Otherwise, he would have been very lost indeed. “Oh, my map? Um, I drew it myself, and this is my only copy…” It was not like he didn’t want to lend it to her. He was not stingy. He looked over his writing and saw it to be rather messy and everywhere. It would be hard to decipher from it. His quick mind thought before he grinning a little bit. “But I can make you a copy with better handwriting, if you like? It wouldn’t take me too long to do each floor. Maybe two minutes a floor. I don’t know about other areas behind paintings though.” Coleman shrugged his shoulders as he spoke. He didn’t do much exploring in the past, so he did not really care about adventures.

Sam‘s face almost fell when the boy began to tell her that his map was the only copy he had and that he had drawn it himself, but she tried not to feel too down about it. She would eventually find her way around and she had a good memory to aid her in that. Her ears perked up when he changed his mind, and Sam smiled a little. He was being awfully nice about it. "Sure, if you don't mind," she agreed, not wanting the Ravenclaw to feel forced to making her a copy. It was his, after all. "Oh, that's okay. I won't do much exploring, anyway," she reassured him. Sam wasn't exactly interested in adventures, at least for the moment. She wanted to get to know the most important or used areas of the castle and do well in school first. "My name is Sam, by the way," she told the boy.

Coleman gave her a smile as she pretty much asked if he minded making her one. He wouldn’t but he would need to find a room where he could copy his down. Especially if she wanted it immediately. “Of course not. I wouldn’t want another peer to get lost if I could stop it.” Coleman couldn’t resist smiling a little more, since he felt like he was making a difference. He did not know how, but it was just something in the pit of his stomach. Either that or it was gas, who knows. Coleman just did not have the map outside the castle done yet. He only had the pitch and the greenhouses. He did not know where the other parts were. “Nice to meet you, Sam. I’m Coleman. Um, for your map, do you want it now, or let me work on it, get it perfected and give it to you by the end of the week? I’m not slow or anything, but I don’t want to be wrong on anything, just in case.” The Ravenclaw sounded rather timid, but that was his usual nature, especially around females, though he seemed to be used to it since that was all that spoke to him as of lately

Users who are viewing this thread

Back