The Sky is the Limit

Zoe-Hope Weasley

OOC First Name
Zoey
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4
With her goggles and gloves on, and her practicing broom in hand, Zoe definitely looked like a Grade A Nerd. Her practicing broom, the Firebolt, was quite worn in. She had used it for five or six years now, even though for a few of those years she wasn't actually on the quidditch team, including this year. Just as she entered the pitch, she mounted her broom and lifted off, racing around in circles. Riding a broom felt as natural to her as walking and talking. The fresh autumn air blew through her red-orange hair whipping it into her face, and at that point she was grateful for wearing the goggles or she would have been blinded by now.

Lily grabbed her broom and her goggles from the locker room and headed out to the pitch. She wanted to get a bit of flying time in before the next game hit. Ravenclaw had taken down their first two opponents and she needed to be focused to make the sweep. Walking out onto the pitch, she noticed someone was already in the air. As she looked, she realized that she recognized the person on the broom. Kicking off quickly, she caught up to her friend. "Hey Zoe! Mind if I join you out here?"

Zoe heard a familiar voice, and turned around to see her friend, Lily appear next to her. "Hey Lily, yeah right on!" She exclaimed. Though she sometimes preferred to fly alone, it was also fun to do stuff with a friend. She positioned herself right next to Lily, facing the same direction. Zoe got a devilish look on her face, called out, "Race ya! Ready, set, Go!" And she shot off ahead of Lily hunched over on her firebolt, probably leaving her unsure as to what was happening. Her hair whipped past her face, and little tiny fruitflies were getting squished on her goggles because of the speed she was going.

Lily watched as Zoe took off in front of her, declaring a race. "Oh it's ON!" she yelled as she lowered herself to her broom and took off after her. She was grateful for having grabbed her goggles since her eyes would be watering with how fast she was going. Pulling up along side her friend, she reached over and smacked her on the arm. "TAG!" she screamed before she turned and started to fly off the other direction, laughing her head off.

Zoe thought that she had just managed to escape Lily's attention, until she felt a tap on her arm, and she realized that it had turned into a game of tag. Her face was being pushed back by the wind as she made a sharp turn, almost falling off her broom. She raced towards the Ravenclaw, and yelled out over the whipping sound of the wind, "So how are things going?" Just as she approached Lily, she leaned back, veering her broom to hover just above her friend, and she got her on the head with her foot. "Oops! Well, you're it!" And she went straight up into the clouds, then turning left.

Lily flew hard and fast down the pitch, slowing just a bit when Zoe asked her how things were. "They are going-- oh, you SNEAK!" she yelled out as she was tagged on the head. Watching the red head fly straight up in the air, she brought her broom up and took off again after her. "Things are okay. Been a bit confusing but overall not bad," she yelled as she flew. "How about you?" she asked as she caught up to Zoe on her Streak, tapping her on the back as she flew past and turned to dive to the ground. "You're it!"

Zoe heard Lily's voice get louder and louder as she was nearing the Slytherin. She felt a tag on her back then looked to see Lily bolting back down towards the ground. Any other person would be scared of racing towards the earth face first at intense speeds, but this barely scared Zoe. She did have the words broom, but as she pointed her broom downwards, she tried to force her weight to push down even more. "I'm pretty good as well. Do you know what you want to be after school?" Zoe yelled out, as she reached out her hand, keeping a tight grip with her other hand so she wouldn't slide off the broom, and swiped Lily's back from top to bottom, in an attempt to touch her.

Unsure whether that counted or not, she didn't like the feeling of the blood rushing to her head, so she did a ninety-degree turn to be upright. She headed for the Hufflepuff stands, and jumped off of her broom, landing on the top seats. She crouched under a seat with a malicious smile on her face, wondering how long it would take Lily to figure it out.

Lily heard Zoe, then felt her hand touch her back. Pulling up, she took off after her friend, trying to catch up to her, she watched as she made a line for the Hufflepuff stands. Shaking her head and holding back a laugh, she watched as Zoe disappeared. "Merlin's saggy left --- where did she go now?" Scanning the sky, she was able to quickly determine she was no longer in the air. Flying up as high as she could, she went above the stands where Zoe was last seen. She chuckled as she noticed a glimpse of red under one of the seats at the top.

Dropping down towards the stands, she flew so that she would go behind the top seats. She hovered there for a moment, then raised her broom up and jumped off and onto the top of the seat that Zoe was under. "Well, I was thinking about teaching, but I think I will actually go pro for a while. After the last game against Gryffindor, I actually got an owl from the Auckland team as well as the Woollongong team. I hadn't really thought about that, but now it is at the front of my mind. What about you?" She sat on the seat on top of Zoe, wondering just how long she was going to stay under there.

"Aww, you got me." Zoe chuckled as she rolled out from under the seat, and sat next to Lily. "Professional Quidditch, huh? That sounds awesome! I wish I kept to quidditch, I think I'm going to try out next year. I don't think I know what I want to be yet, so I'm in a little bit of trouble." She said, in a bit of an uneasy voice. "What subject would you teach?" She asked while brushing through her bright red hair with her fingers. The wind always made it knotted because of how long it was. She had considered cutting and dying it, but she loved it's natural thickness and hue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back