The show as usual?

Tripudio Incendia

Wand
A Snap Of His Fingers
Trip walked down the streets, pack slung over his back. He was jittery.. As he always was when he wanted to perform. his gear lay in waiting in the pack that slung from his back and he walked through the village. oh why not.. I'm short on coin anyway he thought to himself before moving over to the town square. He set himself a nice area that could be viewed by all that passed.

He pulled out two of his poi (ball on ropes) and started to swing them around his body. Of course not many people took notice though even then, without doing anything amazing he still had the ability to catch a few peoples eye. The poi flew around his body gracefully a little while longer before he sent them down to each other, the balls clashing together. There was a sound like a firework going off and the poi balls light up in flames. Immediately a crow dew around him as he spun the now flaming poi around his body with grace , ease and speed. He enchanted to watcher like a good entertainer should.

He then spun the flaming poi up to his mouth an put them out, one by one.. By eating them. Smoke furled from his nostrils slightly as he did and there was a ember like glow in his mouth. He gave a slight bow to the applause that followed before he started rubbing his hands together. As he did, his palm grew red hot. He sent his hands above his head and an explosion like sound came as he was engulfed in flames. he spread his arms wide before bowing once more and then sending his hands above his head in another clap and this time the flames curled up his body into nothing.

Erica was walking down Brightstone looking for a good story to write about for the prophet. She was also trying to find out information on who might've been responsible for the rash of attacks that had occured in London, the attacks had been personal because Erica's best friend had been attacked and now laid in Saint Mungo's in a coma. Ravyn and Hagrid were scouring Europe trying to find a way to help her but unfortunately something like that was easier said then done. Erica put her quill away no longer feeling a desire to write any articles. Erica wished she could find some type of magic that would be able to help awaken Chloe from her deep sleep, Ravyn would be shocked and amazed if Erica could help there bestfriend in her time of need.

Erica leaned against the side of a building and began to think about what she could do to help the ones she cared about. She was the best when it came to pratical magical as well as theoretical magical principals yet nothing seemed like it would work. Looking over she saw a man playing with fire. Erica didn't think it was very smart to play with fire but then again it wasn't that dangerous for wizards, there were plenty of spells that could help someone avoid been imulated by the flames. Watching the show did seem to make Erica feel a bit better about her situation and who knows perhaps he might help inspire her in a way she hadn't thought about before. Erica watched the show making sure to show the proper amount of excitement at the right scenes.

As Trip's eyes scanned the crowds he noticed another girl there. He would have keppt scanning but he noticed that, try as she might, she didn't seem to be really excited or captured. This troubled him greatly. For what was a performer who could not perform to his crowds standards? His brow furrowed slightly.

He had to do something even he would hesitate to do. He knew that fire could well kill him. He must respect it, as always. For he had never used a spell to protect him from them. That.. in his mind, was a mockery. He asked a man up to test if he had any spells to protect him from the flames and once he and a few others were sure he began. He stripped his shirt as he didn't want it burnt and took a step to the middle of the semicircle the crowd had made. He took a deep breath and rubbed his palms together before snapping his fingers. a small flame lit just above his right palm. He tilted his head skyward and brought his little flame near his mouth. And then he blew out, a 10ft inferno bellowed forth and curled up into the sky. He twisted his arms out and the stream slpit into two. then he starting putting his body into motion, the flames curling and following his movements. He spun and almost danced along with the two streams of fire. He twisted in his in odd motions and the two streams formed into human like shapes and started dancing along with his movements. Though his face was happy he was concentrating, each lick of fire had to be controlled.

he then twisted his hands around again and they formed into their streams again, much easier to control. He moved them around in easy streaming patterns before twisting his hands in those odd patterns again. the heads of each stream then formed into a dragons heads, immensely detailed and they let out a roar even. He moved his body along with them before coming to a standstill. His eyes flickered to the new girl before he brought his hands down together like a karate bow and the two dragons went, head on, strait for him. He close his eyes and braced himself. The collided into his body with an explosion and he could feel the flames licking at his flesh. Though at least for now, they sparred him. After a few moments of the intense heat around him he sent his arms out and the flames exploded into little dancing sparkles the flittered around. His chest was rising and falling slightly more then usual, but otherwise, nothing showed the strain he had just been through. the hairs on his arms were singed by how close and how hot the flames were around him. He gave one last bow and said, taking his time fore breath, "Thank you for coming.. I'll be around for a while" Before he moved over to his bag and grabbed his water bottle, quickly unscrewing the cap and taking a sip.

Erica was a bit more entertain when she saw that the man playing with fire had the intention of killing himself. Erica didn't know what would drive a man to such lengths but knew that it was probably for something childish. Erica had to admit the show was entertaining but it didn't seem to captivate her as much as it might've if her mind wasn't full of questions and interest in things that had nothing to do with fire. Perhaps she would stop by a bookshop and find something to read. Erica had been one of the smartest in her year and had even been made Prefect, the three of them always hung out together even though they had there differences, Chloe enjoyed hanging out with Professor Hagrid and his brother Gwap. Ravyn loved her Quidditch and had even been made captain.

Erica on the other hand was into studying and while she did have the intent of being a lawyer or something like that she found that she enjoyed writing for the Daily Prophet more. She had worked for them in London but transfered over to New Zealand so that she could find clues in order to help Chloe who had been found in an alley comatosed. It wasn't fair that such a horrible had to happen to such a wonderful person, Chloe was sweet and loved animals. She was the very definition of a Hufflepuff and that hurt Erica even more. Erica had to get somethings out of her mind, walking over towards the man she smiled. "That was a nice show" Erica said with a smile as she looked over at the man, not quite sure why she was speaking to him.

He looked over to the girl and noticed he still had not accomplished his means by the end of his show. Why, why could she not just be enticed like the rest. Then she could go along with her life. But no, a man playing with fir e and almost killing himself doesn't seem to be enough. He would get into something even more dangerous but that could endanger the people around him.And he would never to that.. Anyway, the show was over. Most people would say it was so silly to get worked up about this but.. He was a performer. performing was all he knew, it was his life. And he was the best.. But it takes a crushing blow when someone isn't taken by it. Even if its just one person, your work seems to be that less brilliant. That less accomplished.

He sent his shirt up over his head and let it fall over his torso before he heard a voice. When his head came through the head hole he noticed it was the girl. 'that was a nice show'. At that moment he would have loved to believe in a god so he could say they were mocking him at that moment.. But he did not. He looked at her for a moment and said in an even voice "Its what I do" but apparently not well enough.

Erica placed her hands into her jeans looking at the man, "well you do it very well, what makes a man wanna juggle fire anyways?" Erica asked with curiousity, she wasn't into dangerous men but then again is had been almost a year since she last dated a guy. That was a stupid thought she scowled at herself, why would she think about dating when there were other things that should've been on her mind. The man was a fire juggler, definately without question not her type. That was probably a good thing since she couldn't get involved in things like this, at least not right now when there were more important things that she should be worrying about. Erica pulled out her wand "you not hurt are you?" Erica asked realizing that the flames had gotten very close to the man. She was a bit curious as to why the man hadn't healed himself before now if he was injured.

"I love fire..It can kill you in an instant, yet be as beautiful as a flower in bloom" He said truthfully. "Anyway.. it's all I know.." He looked at her for abit and when he twisted slightly he realized there was a burning running along his back. Luckily she couldn't see it. Damn, was all he thought to himself with a wince and he felt the pain shoot up through him.

He saw her pull out her wand and was almost tempted to take a step back. He always got nervous around those things. Yes he got nervous around wands, and he had no idea why. he fought back a wince before saying, "No.. I'm fine..". There were a few heat marks along his arms but nothing close to a burn. "Do you work or live around here?" He asked, trying to pull her away from the healing area. He let nature do its work, not those sticks. He keeps his eyes on the wand as he spoke now.

"both, are you sure your okay?" Erica said wondering why the man would want to mess with fire without the proper protection spells in place, perhaps it was to make the show better. Erica didn't quite understand what the logic in that would be but didn't mind too much, Ravyn would love to see a man like this but was too busy play Quidditch up north. "Let me see, I'm sure some of those flames got too close. You should try to be more carefull and do less showboating" Erica said a bit scoldingly like the Prefect she had been at school. Erica took a second to realize what she said and how that would be considered rude to many people. "I'm sorry, I can be a little intrusive" Erica said feeling bad about her actions, "I can be a bit stupid sometimes when meeting new people" Erica said feeling slightly embarassed about what she was saying. She was suppose to be a reporter and yet she was acting like an idiot.

"Oh really? And yes im sure im fine"Though trip knew she wasn't going to take that for an answer just for the moment. But there was no way she was going to use magic on him and his eyes kept pinned to the wand in her hand. Nature would do as it always did without the help of such things.

He at her for a moment, "I said im fine.." And too her next comment on showboating less he chuckled, "What is it you do for a living?" But he didn't give enough time for an answer quite yet, "Say your a house builder.. what happens when you don't build a good enough house" His stare was the usual happy light and free but mingled with seriousness and something else.
"Or perhaps a writer, what happens when people don't like your book?" He gave a slight sigh, "You become useless..unneeded and unwanted.. That's what" There was a slight bitterness at that end comment. So many people just slipped below the peoples standards and were forgotten forever.. as if their brilliant talents where no more then a passing wind.

"You should get that looked at, who cares what people think of you" Erica said looking over the man carefully. He might not want any help but that didn't mean Erica wasn't going to let him walk around burned. "Just let me take a look" Erica said looking more to see if there was any noticible burn marks. Chloe would've kept insisting that she helped this man and Erica wasn't about to let her down, not again. "I know a spell that will fix you up, just let me use it and then you can get back to lighting yourself on fire or whatever else floats your boat" Erica said with a smile as she pointed her wand towards the man "alright get ready" Erica said as she thought about what spell would be good and then considered 'Episkey' would be good for helping this man avoid any permenant scarring.

Trip gave a sigh as she clearly wasn't going to changed of subject and just seemed to brush off his comments as if he hadn't said them. Everyone always says , 'who cares what people think of you'. He did. It was his job, he made people happy, enchanted them, brought them away from whatever problems or worries they previously had... if only for a little while.

She said she knew the spell that would fix him up and then raised her wand to him. Wouldn't she get the point? 'alright get ready'. He took a step or two back and put his hands up in front of him slightly. "Please.. put the wand away". He kept his eyes on the wand completely. Fear crossed through his facial expressions slightly though he was able to bury most of it. He considered to disappear. It wasn't like he couldn't do it... If she DID so much as start to utter an incantation.. That's what he would do.. disappear.

Erica was a bit startled that the man would want her to put her wand away, then she began to think about everything she had seen. The man hadn't used any real magic and now that she had offered to use her wand to help him he seemed almost worried. "Are you a squib?" Erica asked a bit curious, she hadn't met too many squibs in her life and thought it was very odd that a squib would be performing a fire show with such style. She remebered an ad in the Daily Prophet that claimed that they could help squibs perform magic but she never thought that such a thing was real. Erica lowered her wand not wanting to offend the man in case she was right about him and he was in fact a squib. If he was wrong then she would feel weird but more importantly she would be confused that a wizard would be afraid of a wand.

Of all the things he was expecting her to say.. Asking him if he was a squib, was certainly not one of them. He gave a chuckle before snapping his left fingers and creating a small flame. "Last time I checked.. Squibs can't use magic" He chuckled again before closing his hand around the burning flame, putting it out instantly.

She lowered her wand and he gave a sigh of relief. "Trust me, a day or two tops and I won't have a scratch on me" He paused before adding, "Anyway its not that big.. I was just paying too much attention on you and slipped up".

"You could be using magic iteims from some magazine" Erica pointed suggestedly, knowing that it was difficult for a Squib to use magic but not completely unheard of. "Besides- wait a second... you were watching me?" Erica said slightly taking aback "wow...stalk much?" Erica said before she could catch herself "I mean, do you normally forget that your holding a fist full of flames to pay attention to girls in the crowd?" Erica said trying to take his mind away from what she had just said. It wasn't eveyday that someone paid attention to her, she had been the first of the three friends to get a serious boyfriend but that was just because guys thought Chloe was strange and Ravyn intemidated half the guys in there year and a even a few of the older guys, Erica was just too plain jane to get their attention. "You know you should pay more attention to your job and less on the crowd, though..." Erica said her voice trailing off, she felt stupid. Here this guy was commenting on how he was watching her instead of the fire that he took seriously and she was scolding him like he needed it. It was definately like her to say the wrong thing at the right time.

Trip stood there struck. "You reduce my lifelong talent to some toy from a magazine!" He couldn't believe it. He was basically being accused a fake.. HIM. Rage boiled in him at the very thought of it. How could she think he used a toy to create his work. Unbelievable.

'Besides- wait a second... you were watching me?'

Trip opened his mouth to reply with a raged retort but the words caught him off guard, "What- no..well I" He glared at her for a silent moment and she commented 'wow.. stalk much'. "No!" so now he was a damn stalker too. "It was only because you barely looked as though you saw me" He paused, "What use am I if I can't take the attention of a passing girl hmm?".

"No your not a stalker at all, your just an egotist" Erica said coldly. It was rude to think that just because she wasn't that interested in fire magic that he should devote that much attention to her. It was weird to say the least but also annoying, "sorry, if you were offended by me not gasping for joy and amazement" Erica said rolling her eyes a bit. This guy was an egotistical man that seemed to be afraid of basic magic yet threw around flames without any magical protection. Erica wasn't sure she liked him or not but at the moment the conversation seemed to be turning into a bad one. Erica didn't feel bad because she had alot more important things on her mind then stroking the ego of some firebender.

"Maybe I am" He replied, his voice slightly calmer. He wasn't about to get in a fight. Though he was quite sure she wouldn't even think about such a thing. Why did she have to damn come along in the first place, "Don't even apologize in sarcasm" He added slightly sulkily. "It just disturbs me when I can't spark an interest in people.. But I don't expect you to understand that" He looked at her for a moment. Then his eye drifted down to the wand she still had in her hand. Why wouldn't she put the damn thing away. "If it were such a damn uninteresting show why did you come talk to me in the first place hmm?". He could have just kept going as usual but know. Some girl comes along pointing a wand at him, telling him she would heal him. He wasn't a toddler!

"Excuse Me!" Erica said shocked and amazed by the man's self loathing and conceitedness. "I never said the show was uninteresting!" Erica scolded "maybe I had things on my mind, things that an arrogant git like you wouldn't understand, Things that are more important than whether people are looking at me or not!" Erica said angrilly. This man was annoying her now with his 'look at me, look at me' attitude "honestly!" Erica said as she turned to walk away someone this rude can go and burn himself up for all she cared. She had been nice, even offering to help his burns and all he'd been was an arrogant jerk! Erica wouldn't degrade herself just to make him feel better about such a small problem.

"You barely know me yet you accuse me of being an arrgant git... I guess you think I couldn't comprehend a problem in the world because all I care about is me?!" He glared at her. She knew nothing of him and had no right to accuse him of such things. Perhaps yes he liked people to be entertained by his shows, but that doesn't mean he was some self obsessed idiot. And he doubted that she knew had the problems he did. She just thought he was a self obsessed jerk that plays with fire. She turned to leave and he sighed, "Think what you will of me for I am my own..And I am more then that.." His voice was barely over a murmur and he was more saying it to himself though she might have been able to hear.

Erica turned and looked over at him she wasn't sure why she wasn't just leaving him behind, perhaps it was his firebending. It wasn't the ability that caught her attention but more about what surrounded him. "Why don't you like magic?" Erica turned and stared at him pointedly "that's what it is isn't it? You like fire magic but not the rest" Erica said putting her brilliant deductive reasoning to it's work. It was just one of the many things inside her that made her such a good reporter. Erica had never met a wizard that didn't like magic except one particular type. "What do you use? Fiendfyre, Incendio? it's not the bluebell charm..." Erica said not quite sure what would allow a person to bend fire the way he did. Though she still didn't think it was that impressive. It was just that Erica needed to know about all sort's of magic especially the type that was unknown if she ever stood a chance of bringing back Chloe.

"Thats none of your business" He said simply in reply to her asking why he didn't like other types of magic. She then went on to ask what spell he used and he rolled his eyes slightly. "Do you see me carrying a wand or speaking when I perform?". He snapped his fingers once more simply, sparking a tiny flame. "I use fire magic without either of them and I don't care to tell how" The truth was, he really didn't know how. He had woken up on the shores of obsidian without a memory and the first thing that came to him was a spark between his fingertips. "And fiendfyre is a despicable spell made buy cowardly pathetic imbecilic idiots that have no respect of meaning of understanding fire whatsoever. I would have all those who have used it taught a lesson on not to play with fire" The last words hid something darker behind them.

"there really isn't a spell involved is there?" Erica said her curiousity overwhelming her, this man was using a magic that not many would know about which meant that he may be a puzzle piece in everything that's been going on in her life recently, he seemed harmless enough but that didn't change the fact that was without a doubt bending fire without magic. "You don't have a wand?" Erica asked more confused "have you been in London recently, like within the last year" Erica asked ignoring her previous question. This man might know what happened to Chloe, more importantly he may know everything that's been going on. Erica knew that her instances always lead her in the right direction and for some reason she had a gut feeling about this guy, he may lack magic but he was indeed special and Erica was definately not about to let that slip away, even if he was arrogant.

"No... There's not." He paused, she seemed to be taking more interest in him now. She asked him if he really didn't have a wand and he replied with a sigh, "No.. No wand... Just me" Then she went on to ask if he had been to London in the last year and his eyes narrowed. "You work for the daily prophet don't you". He knew the type.. Ran into them more often then he would like. He looked around her abit, trying to find the quill and notepad. Why should he tell her anything when all they would to is twist it into lies like last time?!

Erica smiled a bit sheepishly "yes I do, but this is all off the record I promise" Erica said earnestly "I'm allowed to seperate my job from my personal life just like you are" Erica said with a smile. "The truth is a friend of mine was attacked in London last summer and is now lying in a bed comatosed" Erica said staring at the man "several people were attacked last year and I think you might be one of them" Erica admitted. She wanted to get the information from this man and knew that perhaps he could provide her with some information "the Aurors are completely useless and time is very important" Erica explained "so please tell me, were you in London last year when the attacks took place?" Erica asked politely hoping that the man would help her.

He stared at her for a long while with his lips thin as a paper line or the scars that run down from his left eye. She siad how her friend was attacked and how several others were and he might be one of them. She noted how useless the Auror's were and he thought, well of course they bloody well are . He hated the whole ministry and he had every right to after what happened. And then she asked once more if he was in London when the attacks occurred and his lips finally parted after what seemed an eternity, "Yes I was in London at the time". His voice was much more guarded then usual and his face had become a steel barrier from whatever emotions that would cross his face otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back