The Set Up

Hemi Te Rua

OOC First Name
Ru
Wand
Curved 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
[adminapproval=11345617]​

In apperances Lawrence and Hemi were a mismatched pair given ones excessive height and the others lack of, but they did make surprisingly good study buddies! Hemi was much more productive sharring ideas and notes with his Ravenclaw friend than he ever was working alone. It looked although the Gryffindor had turned a corner, focussing on his studies rather than pranks and rule breaking. He imagined his Professors would be delighted to see him keep up the good work and become a model student some day!

The boys found a quiet table in the back corner of the library. It was close to the rarely used Restricted Section thus not many people were around. They were able to talk to one another quietly without disturbing others. "I got this for question four. What did you put?" Hemi asked, showing his work. It was at that moment an older student vacated the Restricted Section, dropping his file as he closed the door behind him. The noise disturbed Hemi enough to look up, he would've gone over to help but the older student had collected his things and hurried off within moments.

Hemi shrugged and returned to his work. "Do you think the last bit sounds alright?" He pointed to the sentence he was referring to. Well wasn't this fun, working on homework together!

Lawrence was never one to be alone, and frequently looked for the company of others when he was at home. Shyness and nerves had stopped this since attending Hogwarts New Zealand, but the Ravenclaw had found a good friend in Hemi, and made sure to sustain it. Working together on some homework seemed to be the perfect way. He worked better when he had ideas to bounce off another, and he had some of his classes covered because of Imogen being in Hufflepuff. It was very useful to have his Gryffindor friend. He looked at Hemi's answer, and then his own, and shrugged. They seemed similar, being of the same material, but naturally different enough to not suggest cheating.

"It looks good enough," he responded quietly. The Ravenclaw had at first ignored the commotion of the older student, but seeing Hemi respond urged him to do the same. They were gone very quickly, however and soon Lawrence returned to the work in front of him. However, the thought of the older student still had not left his mind. The Restricted Section was not for students their ages, for reasons he was not entirely sure of. The large first year tried not to dwell, however, as they had work to finished, but they were rather towards the end. After comparing their answers, and deciding as best he could that they were okay, he set down his quill and looked at the door of the restricted section.

"Hemi, what do you think is in there?" he asked, lowering his voice to barely over a whisper. The door was always locked, and the barriers high. All just enough to peak his curiosity.

It was satisfying to close his textbook once both their homeworks were complete. He looked to Lawrence who was now looking at the entrance to the Restricted Section. What was he up to wondered Hemi?

"I dunno, I hadn't really thought about it." Hemi replied truthfully, he wasn't a keen reader or particularly interested in looking up Dark Magic. "I guess its stuff the teachers don't want us to know. Like, dark stuff!" He to found himself starring at the entrance to the Restricted Section with the Ravenclaw. Then he looked back at Lawerence with a cheeky grin. "We could always take a look for ourselves you know. It can't be any more dangerous than the forest and that you can just walk into."

Hemi wasted no time, he stood up and walked over to the entrance. He looked over his shoulder for signs of the librarian then took a closer look at the padlock. It was enormous and like everything at Hogwarts, about a million years old. "Any good at picking locks?" Hemi asked, "Otherwise we could go over the top!" He stretched his neck and looked up at the top of the fencing, there was a gap they could possibly climb through.

The Ravenclaw looked at the padlock, but doubted that the tattered lock was as weak and fragile as it's appearance suggested. He tugged on the lock, but his strength gave no advantage. "I think we couldn't pick it if we tried," he said quietly, crouching slightly so he couldn't be seen easily through the shelves - especially by the librarian or anyone else in here. It was easier for Hemi, he was quite a lot shorter than himself. His eyes followed Hemi's, and he noted a gap. He was tall, and strong, maybe he could lift Hemi over and through it? He chewed on his lower lip in thought.

"What if there's a drop over the other side?" he asked, looking down at Hemi. "I don't want you like, breaking a bone or something. I couldn't get you out, and you can't heal it." Perhaps he was worrying too much, but it was his natural state of mind, really.

Lawerence had a point, he could get Hemi over no problem but once over the Gryffindor would be trapped. He nodded as he understood possible consquences, but they were exactly that. Possible consequences.

"Okay, but I don't have any other ideas" Hemi admitted, looking behind him for signs of a librarian, they were loitering and that tended to arouse suspicion. He saw nothing to suggest that the librarian had noticed them so their quest to enter the Restricted Section could continue.

Hemi looked down to see if there was a way under the fencing. He spotted a piece of parchment laying close to the entrance of the Restricted Section. Expecting little from it, he picked it up and read the two words written upon it before handing it to his Ravenclaw friend. "Reckon that boy dropped this?" Hemi asked, referring to the incident just a few minutes earlier.

The Ravenclaw didn't like being the one that poked holes through plans, but he also didn't like being unprepared and getting into corners that he couldn't get out of. He was silently disappointed, however, to hear that Hemi had no idea what else they could do was disappointing to him. Honestly, he really didn't want to have to wait until he was the age of that student that had left before he could get in, especially when all that stood in their way was some ancient magical lock. The door wasn't budging, either, however, and they couldn't exactly knock it down regardless, even if they could - the librarians would certainly hear it.

He frowned with thought at Hemi read from a piece of parchment, however. It was a curious line of words, that's for sure. They individually made some sense, but together made none and he plucked the piece of parchment from Hemi's fingers to look at it for himself. As Hemi had, he too read aloud the parchment, finding no meaning with them. "I guess?" he said, shrugging. "It doesn't make much sense though." Just as he was to chalk the parchment down as gibberish, he happened to look down at the lock. "Hemi..." he mused, smiling slightly at the lock that was now unlocked. His smile grew, and he folded the piece of parchment into his pocket carefully, and reattached the lock to the door. "I think we have a plan." He nodded towards the table where their belongings were. They couldn't use their advantage right now, seeing as it was daylight.
<i></i>

It didn't take long for Hemi to figure out that the two words were a password to somewhere in Hogwarts. He had memorised enough Gryffindor passwords to spot a quirky expression which unlocked doors. This wasn't a Gryffindor password he recognised though, it must've been for another Common Room or....

He followed Lawrence's eyes after he called Hemi's name. They were fixed on the padlock which had been unbreakable just moments ago. The Gryffindor scoffed, barely believing his own eyes. The once stiff lock now lay open, allowing two first years access to some of the most advanced books at Hogwarts.

Hemi watched Lawrence curiously, expecting him to enter the Restricted Section. He could see by the giants body language that he wanted to delay going inside. Hemi lowered his voice as to not be overheard. "We can't wait until later mate, they might realise this note is missing and change the password. Plus, I always get caught if I'm out after dark!" It was true, rule breaking was actually easier during the day when teachers were distracted and prefects were studying for themselves. "What do you say? Fancy taking a look?" Hemi nudged in the direction of the now open Restricted Section.

Lawrence pressed his lips together. From what he had heard from Hemi - and his own experience with the Gryffindor, what he said was true. He seemed to always get caught. The Ravenclaw didn't want to get caught - he could just imagine his father's reaction to that, seeing as he was often tonight to be the more responsible one. His tongue flicked across his teeth, and he nodded. Hemi's plan was probably better than waiting for darkness - professors and prefects patrolled, and they would have no excuses if they were caught in the halls.

"Okay, we go now." He packed up his things, slipping them into his bag as quietly as possible, but still trying to look incredibly natural about it. Once packed up, he watched for the librarian as he crossed back to the door, before pushing it open. "Let's go then."

Hemi fist pumped the air while Lawrence had his back turned. He was so happy to have convinced the Ravenclaw to enter the Restricted Section now rather than leaving it until dark. In all honesty Hemi wasn't interested in reading the books, he was in it for the fun and to prove that, despite Hogwarts security, he can get in somewhere restricted.

He followed suit, collecting his belongings even though he would've been quite happy to leave them where they were. He didn't want to delay any longer, anxious not to miss their moment to enter. He nodded to Lawrence, checking over his shoulder for any sign of the librarian. Deciding that the coast was clear, Hemi followed his giant friend into the Restricted Section closing the door behind them.

Continued in the Restricted Section

Users who are viewing this thread

Back