The Road Before The Aisle

Em turned her attention to Atkin as he teased her, turning to look at Lucia and Kins cousin. She just raised a brow. "Why does everyone keep acting like that's a big deal?" She asked her friend. "It's not like I'm upset with him. We tried to date, it didn't work, big deal. We can still be friends, ya know. And you can tell him that, too," She knocked her foot into his side again. "He's been pouting since we broke up and I'm bored with it." She turned her eyes back to Morwen, much more interested in him than Lucca.

"No, actually. We aren't related. We went to school together. He had to drop out early to take care of his mum, but we were friends before he left." She shrugged. "I do know you're Dani's cousin. Did you have any thoughts on what songs you'd like to do?" She gave him her best smile.

Morwen just chuckled at Atkin's gibberish words, about to answer his adoptive cousin's question when Atkin already spotted Cassi. He listened to their banter about Lucca who apparently was Ember's ex. Listening to the girl coolly dismissed Atkin, Morwen could really sense her maturity about it.
The man focused his attention back to the girl as she explained her connection to the groom. Asked on what songs he already thought, he smiled. "You know Perfect? It can be a good song for their first dance." He had heard of the song and thought of his cousin immediately. "Beautiful in White would be another good choice too.", he added before he moved to the seat next to Ember and pulled out a notebook containing the songs he had listed so far.

Lucca turns right back around in direction Atkin went off to and saw Ember just as Cassi was pointing her out. "I won't, but won't Atty think you know there something going on with you holding me like that?" Lucca remarks, honestly, he didn't care anymore. If they were going to be dating might as well tell his best mate and be open about their relationship. It's fun being secretive and all to some extent, then it becomes frustrating and annoying over time. It's not like it was anyone business, but he felt like he was lying to Atty by going out with Cassie behind his back. "I see that," Lucca waves at Ember. "She a pretty chill, bird. Once you get to know her, it's like you known her all your life,"Lucca smiles, "What you want to do, Cass, get a drink?"

James smiled as Colin suggested wine. “Brilliant idea. All of this hobnobbing would be much better with a good glass, wouldn’t it?” He brushed his fingers lightly across Colin’s sleeve. “Should be this way. Off we are,” He picked his way through the crowd, keeping his pace even so Colin could keep near him without being separated. “Ah ha! Here we are,” He smiled broadly, stepping up to the wine bar. The barkeep opened his mouth to make a suggestion but James waved him off cheerily, browsing through the selection. “I’ll buy us a bottle then, what strikes your fancy? Port, sherry, merlot?” He asked Colin, eyeing a few different bottles he thought would be good for the night. With a bit of input from Colin, James made a selection and paid for the bottle, turning and surveying the crowd for an empty table. “There we are,” He indicated the spot to Colin, grabbing a couple of glasses. He unscrewed the cork, giving it a light sniff. “Beautiful stuff,” He commented, offering Colin a whiff before pouring the glasses. He gave the man his. “Have a bloody good time, mate,” He offered the barkeep with a smile before taking his glass and the bottle and making his way to the table he’d found.

Ember gladly leaned in to study the list he'd presented. "Perfect is a good song," She commented. "I was thinking though on playing 'Innocence' by Avril Lavigne for the first dance. Damien conscripted me to play it for them the night he confessed he loved her. Sentimental piece, you know? I'm not sure though, what do you think?" She ran her finger down the page. "These are all pretty good songs. I hadn't had much of an idea what to play yet, we can go with this. I only had two songs," She admitted with a wry grin. "Hard to pick out good songs for something you don't know much of. My sister is a romantic though, I didn't think to ask her," She straightened, eyes scanning the crowd for Amaya.

Atkin scowled as he managed to finish the food Morwen chucked in his mouth. He listened as his cousin and Ember talked about songs for Dani's wedding. As much as he wanted to join the discussion and recommend some songs, he chose not to. Talking about love songs just pained him as he recalled Aliviah. Letting his eyes roam, he caught sight of Lucca and Cassi, whose arm was linked through his best friend. He frowned, last he knew, these two could not last two minutes being in each other's presence. Slapping Morie's arm, he stalked off toward the pair. The pair seemed fine and even asked the girl about getting a drink. Lucca was even smiling at the redhead. "Bro!" he slung his arm around the Slytherin's shoulder. He glanced at Cassi. "Hey, redhead!", casually glancing at the linked arms.

Dani took a look at Kira's ring. "Honey, I'm happy for you. Are we going to meet the man?", she inquired. She wrapped the girl in a soft hug. She turned to look at her fiance greeted her family. Damien and Dominic already met but it was a different story with her parents. Domenico and Kamilia Corelli assessed the man in front of them. Taking a step forward, she took her place beside Damien. It seemed he was handling them well. Taking the opportunity to meet Dominic's date. "Rowan, hi. Nice to meet you.", she glanced at her brother. "My brother be treating you right.", she teased. She glanced around as more family arrived. Her cousins who were students in Hogwarts Scotland were getting along and Morie was already talking with Ember. She turned to her parents. "Mom. Dad. Happy that you came." She gave each adult a kiss and a hug.

Ava was running late and she knew it. She skipped onto the scene with @Vader Hume and @Elio Zephyr in tow. She held each of their hands, humming brightly. "Sapphire's cousin is in charge, I should probably go find her. Or Kira, Kira is planning the wedding," She thought out loud, pausing a moment. "Oh, there's Kira! I'll go get her." She chirped, letting go of the boys' hands. "Try not to spend all night taking pictures," She chided both of them, "Once I'm done we'll eat and dance and have fun, okay?" She giggled, kissing both of them on the cheek before skipping away.

Cooper gave a small wave to the bride's family as Damien introduced him to everyone. He rubbed the back of his neck, catching Kira by the hand as soon as Dani's attention was elsewhere. "Hey, I'm going to go get the food ready to be served, why don't you gather up the band and have them do a quick practice run? Have a dance for everyone and all that." He suggested with a smile. The sooner he got out of this crowd, the better. He literally only knew like three people here.

Elio had been surprised when Ava asked him to attend the engagement party with her and Vader, but he was looking forward to spending time with them out of school. The Gryffindor has been swinging their arms as she held his hand, until they entered the building and she skipped away. Not before she mentioned though that it was Kira planning the wedding. Kira as in the Ravenclaw prefect? Kira, the student barely a year older than them? “What..” he peered at Vader before glancing around the room. It wasn’t that he didn’t trust her, he hardly knew her, by why wouldn’t Dani and Damien plan their own wedding, instead of leaving it in the hands of a child? Perplexed, Elio quietly waited to see what would happen.

Kira spent a quick moment chatting with Cooper and Ava, relieved to see the bubbly blond had finally arrived. That was the last of the band. She walked up to the stage and tapped the microphone to get everyone's attention. "Hello, and welcome everyone to the engagement party!" She waited through a polite round of applause. "We're all here today to celebrate the marriage of one of the most fabulous people I know, and his beautiful bride to be." She smiled at the scattered laughter. "Now, if everyone would like to find their way to a seat, we're going to have a test run from the band and a dance for the happy couple. If you want to dance, feel free, after a few songs dinner will be served by the amazing Cooper Gates. Now, everyone, please, give a warm welcome to the Magic." She led the applause as she stepped aside, leaving room for the assembled band.

Ember pouted as Morwen's response was interrupted by the little brunette girl. She sighed. "Watch and learn, pretty boy," She winked at him, snagging her brother and walking up with him, Sapphire, and some little blond onto the stage. Sapphire picked up her guitar, Jasper his bass, and the blond went to the keyboard. Ember grabbed her own guitar and after a quick discussion with the three she had, she took the microphone in hand and swept past Kira. She noted the absence of her drummer and set to work adjusting the soundboard as the little blond started to play. She began to sing, listening to the echo and noting the sudden dashing of a familiar raven-haired boy through the crowd. She adjusted the board where necessary, nodding in approval as her drummer flew into his seat just in time to play.

She walked around the stage a bit, testing the sound of the band and her voice as she sang. She moved Sapphire over a bit, nodding. As they approached the bridge, she placed the microphone back in its stand, satisfied with how they sounded, taking to playing the guitar herself for the bridge and allowing herself to get lost in the music. "Come rescue me, I'll be waiting, I'm too young to fall asleep," She sang, letting the emotion and yearning carry her through the song. Once it had finished, she motioned for the little blond to begin a new song. She was looking for songs that would mean something to the couple, and so far she was pleased to watch them dance, even if the set was a bit boring. She was pleased with how well she and Sapphire harmonized together, wondering if it was going to be as easy with Morwen. For the final song, she chose something along the same lines as the others, though this one she started herself.

Danielle was relieved that the parents returned her greetings warmly. She watched the adults interacted with Damien for some more while she engaged in a conversation with Dominic's date. She did not notice Kira slipped away to move to the front and start the program. She was just about to tell Rowan a secret about Dominic when Kira's voice echoed across the room. They were all asked to take a seat to which Danielle directed her family to the table with the other family members. She could spot her cousins at the back with friends from school, Lucca seemingly getting cozy with Cassi while Atkin was his usual sulky self beside Morwen. She took Damien's hand and made their way to their table just close to her family.
Soon enough, Ember and some kids who seemed to be of Hogwarts age made their way to the front to do a dry run of the songs. The Micahels siblings looked fantastic and Ember sounded amazing. The songs they also selected were also on point about their relationship. "Care to dance?", she asked her fiance playfully.

Morwen was glad he and Ember were on the same page as to the song selection. He remembered Danielle asking him to know the song played on their first date. For his cousin to like playing the guitar, he was surprised Dani did not know the song. He wrote the songs the girl mentioned and about to say something when another girl spoke into microphone and announced the start of the party. Ember seemed annoyed which he found cute. The announcement was rather cute and the band was called to the front. He clapped his hands as Ember went to the front. He admired her for taking charge of the band. The set started and Morie was stunned the moment she heard her sing. His eyes were on her as she sang song after song.

Damien's nerves were starting to get the better of him, talking to Dani's parents. She had moved over to talk to Dominic's date, and he could feel her absence. Just when he felt like he might snap from the stress, his little sister spoke out. He turned to listen to her, chuckling and giving her a bow as she called him fabulous. He excused himself from Dani's parents, expressing his pleasure to meet them, and tried not to seem rushed as he walked over to Dani's side. He laid his arm over her shoulder and pressed a kiss to her hair. She took his hand and walked them to the table and he dutifully took his seat beside her, trying not to seem agitated. Who knew getting married would be such an ordeal?

He turned to look to Dani as she asked him to dance. At least she seemed to be enjoying herself. He took a breath and smiled lovingly at her. "I thought you'd never ask," He teased lightly, offering her his hand as he stood. He led her to the dance floor before pulling her into his arms. He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer, keeping her other hand in his as he swayed them gently to the music. "Stick close to me," He murmured softly to her, "My nerves are going to be the end of me tonight, I can't make it through the night without you," He admitted softly to his fiancee. He spent too much time alone, this crowd was starting to get to him.

As the set ended, Ember excused the others and moved over to the computer as the food began to be served, setting the playlist she'd put together for the reception to play before moving to return to her seat with Morwen. She smiled at him as she slid back into her seat. Hopefully, she'd managed to impress him, at least a little. She would love to think she had impressed the man. No one had really caught her interest since she had dated Lucca, but she couldn't deny the intense attraction she felt for the man. Was this supposed to be a set up? The thought almost irked her. She pushed her thoughts aside. She didnt even know the man, and besides, they needed to work together. It had been fun to enjoy how sexy he was, but she needed to focus now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back