Tristan Drage

Missing

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Tristan could not help being in a particularly delighted mood as he stepped into the flat, not having to arrive polyjuiced for once, clutching an issue of the daily prophet and humming a nameless tune to himself. He was still unable to get over the fact that was going to be able to live his life without the major burdens now, with Vladmir gone and all.

As soon as Vladmir had kicked the bucket, he had wasted no time into returning to his old home in Britain, a now derelict house that he and Lorelei had once shared. He wanted to forget everything possible about the woman. He had allowed himself to fall in love too quickly and too infallibly, and he was going to shed the embarrassment of the situation once and for all.

He had arrived in daylight, and he could care less who saw him. The more sensible part of his mind wanted to rummage throughout the house one last time, but there was nothing that he truly needed. Truly wanted, either.

The only thing that could remain of this life was Estrella, the only thing he would allow to remain. All of his old love for Lorelei had disappeared, and while he had it for Estrella, he knew that he would never get close enough to her for it to count.

Wishing suddenly that he had the convenience of a pyrokinetic, he waved his wand silently, casting Incendio upon the dry planks of wood. He smirked in satisfaction as the fire snaked up the side of the house, a flame that would soon engulf it.

He felt absolute glee as he set the dry weeds on fire, and then the uncut lawn. For good measure, he walked three times around the house, setting what he pleased on fire and watching as the little house became engulfed in flames.

An odd smirk appeared on his normally solemn face as he watched, thinking, You deserved it, after all. Whether he was thinking about the house or Lorelei he could not tell, but it was all mutual.

Beginning to hum the song once more, he had disapparated to the flat, setting the Daily Prophet on the table next to the comfortable sofa, looking around for Morgase and Erik.

He found the little boy playing with some stuffed animals in his grim, picking him up with one easy motion of his muscular arm, smiling broadly. "Hello, Erik," he greeted, carting him out to the sofa.

He felt incredibly new, like he had been reborn. Nothing could quench his happiness at the moment. He had his son, he had Morgase, he had almost everythign he could want. A job was irrelevant at the moment- But his auror days were long gone.

He took to reading the prophet with amusement, his voice sinister as he laughed out loud at what he read, having been the instigator of this particular article.

Hogwarts New Zealand
Training Ground for Amateur Aurors?

Being notorious for keeping things secretive from the Ministry, Hogwarts New Zealand has been possessing an undercover auror ever since its first opening.

Nicolas King, 29, Defense of Dark Arts Professor at Hogwarts New Zealand school, was revealed as an undercover Ministry member, according to a former ministry official.  King was placed at the school to monitor certain activities.  Just over three years ago Minister of Magic Gellert Coote placed the fresh auror King in the school, being entirely untrusting of its staff and students.  Since that date, the alleged “Professor” has been involved in many ministry operations without notice or credit to his efforts.

One such incident was the capture of ex and now suspected Death Eater Lucius Malfoy.  Malfoy was sprung from Ministry custody the day of his trial for his imprisonment in Azkaban. 

The same source to the Prophet has informed us that King was in fact, the chief reason Malfoy had been captured, a feat attributed to the now deceased auror Deidre Zeller.  Had it not been for the efforts of King, she would have not achieved Lucius’ capture.

Another incident was the much discussed break in of Hogwarts during its second year. Conveniently, King was there to fend off the forces of Death Eaters firsthand, despite his failure to capture or detain any of the individuals. A child was kidnapped from the school that evening and King managed to find said student and return them safely to the school without the prophet's knowledge.

King’s presence at the school is sure to be a concern for parents.  It brings up the question: could having an auror at the school be detrimental to our children’s safety?  Could he not be targeted by the radical remains of Death Eaters outing our futures at risk? 

I implore the good witches and wizards of our society to protest this absurd precaution of the Ministry.  If the ministry feels they can place an auror in our schools then I fell we need a new ministry.

He hoped King knew that it had been him who had blown his cover to the prophet, and for some odd reason he hoped that he was reading it now. Smirking, he continued to read the paper, having to catch up on the dealings of the wizarding world. He was not expecting the tap of the beautiful barn owl at the window, his eyes widening in surprise as he recognized who the sender must be.

"Halloo, Daddy," Erik replied, babbling happily as he was picked up by his father. He had been put down for a nap, something that his mind didn't think he needed at the moment.

He took to playing with an odd strand of string on the couch, although his attention was aroused as he heard his father laughing. Not understanding what his father was laughing about, he giggled along with him. "Fun-nee," he said, liking the reaction he got whenever he spoke. He didn't understand why speaking was so special, but it made his parent's happy, in any case.

"What's that?" the little boy gasped suddenly, pointing at the odd bird in the window. "Letter, Daddy."

Tristan got a kick out of Erik's reaction to the owl, and stepping up from the couch, he opened the window, letting the bird in. "Yes, Erik, a letter. From Estrella."

He took a seat on the couch, unsure if he wanted to open it just yet. He turned it over and over in his hands; would it ruin his mood?

However, he felt some of his responsibility as a father begin to kick in, and he determined that he probably should open it.

"Es-tray-uh?" Erik replied, giving his father a confused look. "Who's that, Daddy?" He pawed at the letter, giggling a bit as his tiny hand tore back the seal just a bit. Setting his tiny bum on the daily Prophet, he waited in anticipation, his eyes wide as he crinkled the paper.

Tristan smiled at Erik, something that he could not help despite the nervousness he felt. "Estrella? She is your sister, Erik. But you probably don't remember her. She's going to school right now." He picked up Erik off of the paper, placing him in his lap. "See? She rarely writes me letters." he was surprised at the bitter tone in his voice as he opened the letter.
Dad,

I don't know why I'd be writing this to you, but the fact is, that I am.  Starting fourth year is crazy for me.  It's just like I was a little kid, you know?  Seeing all of these first years coming in is extremely odd.  I'm pretty sure most of the younger students hate me; being a prefect isn't all that it's cracked up to be.  You end up making more people angry than you do happy.

I just keep thinking about all my friends that are gone- Rose, and a bunch of others.  Elizabeth simply disappeared last year.  Have you heard anything from her?

How is Erik doing? He's got to be old enough to walk now.  What can he say?

And I went to Grandfather's this summer.  It was interesting, but I got bored out of my mind.  I also saw the hall of portraits- Your seventeen year old self is so immature, it was weird to see.  Same with Sammael.

Joshua was pretty decent too.  I don't know what to think of him or grandfather.  It's weird to meet both my godfather and grandfather just so suddenly- All of this family is just showing up out of nowhere.

Estrella

Tristan read the letter with a raised brow, unsure what to think of it. It seemed that every letter she wrote, she was trying to connect, but his replies were treated with scant indifference. He sighed, supposing that he better reply, pointing at the letter. "See, Erik? She asked about you."

Erik bounced happily in his father's lap, his child's mind becoming disinterested quickly as his father read the letter. He began to play with the folds of his father's robes, but then was brought back to attention as he heard his name.

"Why?" he asked, his eyes wide. That had been his favorite word of late, as he wanted to know everything.

Tristan smiled as he repositioned erik so he could see the letter more clearly. "Because she wants to know how you're doing. She does love you, even if you don't remember her. Because you are her little brother, and she is your sister."

He smirked a bit, wondering where his sudden bitterness towards his daughter had come from. Was he tired of trying?

Casting his eyes back down to the letter, he wondered where Morgase was.

Morgase walked into the kitchen from the bedroom, smiling brightly at the sight of Tristan and Erik on the couch. "There are my two favorite men," she said, picking Erik up and sitting on the couch beside Tristan. "What is new today?"

"Sisser?" Erik replied, a confused expression still on his pixie face. It brightened considerably, however, as he saw his mother enter the room, giving her a grin with only a few teeth. "Mommy!" he exclaimed, holding out his arms to her and giggling happily, hugging Tristan's leg and looking back at her with his large blue eyes. He pointed back to the letter. "Sisser."

Tristan smiled broadly down at Erik, saying, "Yes, your sister." He looked up to Morgase with an amused smirk, his expression a bit happier than it had been as of late. "What's new? Everything feels new." He picked up the Daily Prophet, folding it and setting it on the table as he grinned wickedly. "I found the story on the front page particularly interesting."

Morgase smiled warmly at Erik. "Very good Erik!" She bent down and gave him a kiss before looking back up at Tristan. "Something interesting in the Daily Prophet?" Pikcing up the paper she began to read it, a bit surprised by what she found.

"Tristan, did you have something to do with this?" She moved her gaze from the paper to him, her expression blank. Morgase was unsure as to whether or not she should be happy about this.

Tristan frowned a bit at Morgase's reaction, his ice blue eyes glinting with amusement nonetheless. "Perhaps- But it was all in good fun. And I didn't reveal my identity," He added for reinforcement, smirking. "He had it coming."

Morgase narrowed her eyes at Tristan for a few moments. "Anything else you would like to own up to? What else have you been keeping from me Tristan?"

Tristan's pleasant expression turned to one of bewilderment, his eyes reflecting a hint of anger. "Keeping from you?" he replied, a bit bitterly. "What are you inferring, Morgase?"

"I am not inferring anything Tristan, I asked a simple question. Do you have an answer?" Morgase's expression was firm as she stared at Tristan, waiting for a response.

"I wasn't aware that I wasn't sharing enough," Tristan replied slowly, placing Erik on the sofa next to him with all ease, "What do you wish to know? I have no problem sharing," he looked at her a bit more kindly, his gaze softening from its initial hard consistency, "But I figured I would bore you with talking all the time."

Morgase sighed and stood, looking almost sad. "You really are not practiced with relationships, are you Tristan? I need to know what you are doing Tristan, especially if what you do is ending up in the Daily Prophet. Did you really think it was all right to leave me in the dark while you galavanted around killing and sabotaging people?"

Tristan sat on the couch, dumbstruck, realizing in due time that he looked like an idiot with his mouth agape. His adam's apple bobbing in his neck, he replied softly, "No, I suppose it is not."

He waited for her reaction tentatively; if this had been any other relationship, he already would have walked out the door. But with Morgase, it was much different. He wasn't out to break her heart, and he never would be.

"It really is amazing how alike you and Sammael are. I am going to go out for a while, I trust you can watch Erik." Without waiting for an answer Morgase turned on her heel and apparated out of the living room.

[My figure then is that Morgase went to Bleak Street, and thus the RP she is in over there now started.]

Tristan watched in amazement as Morgase simply got up and left, feeling as if he had been hit over the head with a sledgehammer. Being stuck in his routine mindset, he had not even considered the fact that he was shutting Morgase out of his life more than he was letting her in.

Feeling a bit of remorse and anger at both himself and at Morgase, although it was towards more of the former, he looked to Erik, sighing, "You want to take your nap, now, kiddo? I don't think Mum's going to be back for awhile."

He looked back to the daily prophet, having been put into a terrible mood. He knew that he needed to rethink what he was doing with his life and how he was going to approach the relationships within them, and that he should probably think of a good way to apologize to Morgase.

Erik sat on his tiny bum in silence, watching as his parents seemed to get into an argument. This did not make him cry, however, it only confused him, and he soon became disinterested in what they were saying. He did not understand it, in any case.

His tiny mouth opened in a comical 'o' as his mother suddenly disappeared out of thin air, and he asked out loud, "Where did Mummy go, Daddy?" He looked around, as if expecting her to pop out from behind the couch. He always loved to play peekaboo. "Peekaboo!" he suddenly called out, frowning when his mother did not return. In any case, she was always around for him, and this distressed him.

His eyes watering a bit, feeling the first pang of separation that he had gotten accustomed to with his dad but not with his mother, he stated, "No nap."

"Mummy needs some time to herself," Tristan replied with a sigh, picking up his son and placing him on his lap again, "In any case, she deserves it."

Having lost most of the energy that he had accumulated before, he suddenly felt old, something that was weird for him these days. It seemed as if he were just getting over being a kid, and he was just starting to grow into full maturity- could that be the case? He had been extremely close minded lately, although he had to admit that he had been closed-minded for most of his life.

"No nap?" he inquired, raising his eyebrow. "What do you want to do then, kiddo?" He smiled at Erik weakly, at the moment finding the flat almost too quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back